a scientific proof that GOD existes ... ( long read )...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#751 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

What a waste of my time. Most of what is listed there is anti-science. Not worth reading.

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#752 ZCatan
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] haha you took parts from two different sentences and meshed them into one so that it sounded funny. But seriously, I am convinced, because God has proven Himself to me over and over again. But the main question is, are you convinced, bloodling?bloodling

No, but I am curious, what is this proof?

He answers my prayers, He gives me unspeakable peace when I ask Him for it, He leads me in the right direction always, He provides for all my needs, He gives me the true desires of my heart. If you want a specific example, I was praying last month that I'd be able to lead someone to Christ before the school year started, and God answered my prayer, because I led someone to Christ over Facebook just a few days before school started. And others as well, such as last Sunday when I rebuked a demonic UFO in the name of Jesus Christ (no joke).
ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 ZCatan

What a waste of my time. Most of what is listed there is anti-science. Not worth reading.

ImprovedMind
Science is always changing; theories are tweaked, discarded, and changed completely. But the Bible, which is God's Word, is unchanging; it always remains the same. The Bible is worth reading. Read the book of Proverbs.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#754 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

He answers my prayers, He gives me unspeakable peace when I ask Him for it, He leads me in the right direction always, He provides for all my needs, He gives me the true desires of my heart. If you want a specific example, I was praying last month that I'd be able to lead someone to Christ before the school year started, and God answered my prayer, because I led someone to Christ over Facebook just a few days before school started. And others as well, such as last Sunday when I rebuked a demonic UFO in the name of Jesus Christ (no joke).ZCatan

But that is mainly because of your will to show them the way, correct?

Good-Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 Good-Apollo
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
There's no proof that the christian god, or any other gods exist, full stop.
ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] He answers my prayers, He gives me unspeakable peace when I ask Him for it, He leads me in the right direction always, He provides for all my needs, He gives me the true desires of my heart. If you want a specific example, I was praying last month that I'd be able to lead someone to Christ before the school year started, and God answered my prayer, because I led someone to Christ over Facebook just a few days before school started. And others as well, such as last Sunday when I rebuked a demonic UFO in the name of Jesus Christ (no joke).bloodling

But that is mainly because of your will to show them the way, correct?

Not only that, but also according to the person's willingness to accept Christ, as well as the direction of God. The person whom I led to Christ was a girl a grade below me whom I haven't seen or talked to in over two years, and we barely knew each other nonetheless. Coincidence? I think not. God led her to me so that I would show her the truth.
ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 ZCatan
There's no proof that the christian god, or any other gods exist, full stop.Good-Apollo
Nor is there any proof that the Christian God, nor any other gods do NOT exist, full stop.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 bloodling

Not only that, but also according to the person's willingness to accept Christ, as well as the direction of God. The person whom I led to Christ was a girl a grade below me whom I haven't seen or talked to in over two years, and we barely knew each other nonetheless. Coincidence? I think not. God led her to me so that I would show her the truth.ZCatan

What did you tell her to convince her, since that miracle didn't happen yet?

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] Not only that, but also according to the person's willingness to accept Christ, as well as the direction of God. The person whom I led to Christ was a girl a grade below me whom I haven't seen or talked to in over two years, and we barely knew each other nonetheless. Coincidence? I think not. God led her to me so that I would show her the truth.bloodling

What did you tell her to convince her, since that miracle didn't happen yet?

I simply asked her if she wanted to go to Heaven, and she said yes, so I shared the Gospel with her. She accepted it, put her faith in Christ, and got saved!
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#760 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. In other words, all have sinned, including you and me. Our sin separates us from God, because He is sinless and cannot be in the presence of sin. If you die a sinner, then you will forever remain separated from God. But, if you put your faith and trust solely in God's promised sacrifice for sin, Jesus Christ, who paid the penalty for your sins at the cross, then all your sins will be wiped clean, past, present, and future, and you will live forever with God in Heaven.ZCatan

Define "sin".

Sin is a violation of God's Law. His Will is that none should perish, but have everlasting life. But because no one has kept God's Law perfectly, we are all doomed to suffer the consequences unless we repent at turn to Jesus, the Son of God, for salvation. Jesus, being fully Man and fully God, was born without the sin nature that the rest of us normal humans have. Jesus lived a sinless, perfect life, and died on the cross in YOUR place for YOUR sins. Jesus has paid the price for YOUR sins, so now all you need to do is trust in Him alone as your personal Savior, and you will be permanently saved.

If it was Gods will that we all join him then we would all join him. A supreme being like the biblical God cannot have an inability to save everyone or make everything exactly as he wants. If he willed something, it would instantly happen.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 bloodling

I simply asked her if she wanted to go to Heaven, and she said yes, so I shared the Gospel with her. She accepted it, put her faith in Christ, and got saved!ZCatan

Fair enough. You'll have a hard time convincing some of us, though.

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"][QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

Define "sin".

Pixel-Pirate

Sin is a violation of God's Law. His Will is that none should perish, but have everlasting life. But because no one has kept God's Law perfectly, we are all doomed to suffer the consequences unless we repent at turn to Jesus, the Son of God, for salvation. Jesus, being fully Man and fully God, was born without the sin nature that the rest of us normal humans have. Jesus lived a sinless, perfect life, and died on the cross in YOUR place for YOUR sins. Jesus has paid the price for YOUR sins, so now all you need to do is trust in Him alone as your personal Savior, and you will be permanently saved.

If it was Gods will that we all join him then we would all join him. A supreme being like the biblical God cannot have an inability to save everyone or make everything exactly as he wants. If he willed something, it would instantly happen.

My God is a loving God; He is merciful, but He is also a righteous judge. He cannot make us accept Him as our personal Savior. It's up to us to decide. God provided the sacrifice for sin, Jesus Christ; now we have to do our part by trusting Him ALONE for salvation. Now is the time for mercy; this life is all you have. Judgment comes later, after you die. God is offering you the free gift of salvation right now; so, why reject it?
ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] I simply asked her if she wanted to go to Heaven, and she said yes, so I shared the Gospel with her. She accepted it, put her faith in Christ, and got saved!bloodling

Fair enough. You'll have a hard time convincing some of us, though.

Are you ready to make your permanent reservation in Heaven? Trust me, it's a lot easier than you may think.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] Sin is a violation of God's Law. His Will is that none should perish, but have everlasting life. But because no one has kept God's Law perfectly, we are all doomed to suffer the consequences unless we repent at turn to Jesus, the Son of God, for salvation. Jesus, being fully Man and fully God, was born without the sin nature that the rest of us normal humans have. Jesus lived a sinless, perfect life, and died on the cross in YOUR place for YOUR sins. Jesus has paid the price for YOUR sins, so now all you need to do is trust in Him alone as your personal Savior, and you will be permanently saved.ZCatan

My God is a loving God; He is merciful, but He is also a righteous judge. He cannot make us accept Him as our personal Savior. It's up to us to decide. God provided the sacrifice for sin, Jesus Christ; now we have to do our part by trusting Him ALONE for salvation. Now is the time for mercy; this life is all you have. Judgment comes later, after you die. God is offering you the free gift of salvation right now; so, why reject it?

If your God is all powerful then yes, he can make us accept him. If he cannot then he is not omnipotent as that would suggest he has limits.

As for why not accept him? I'm not an atheist but I am also not a believer. I am agnostic and I hold that the will of a creator, if it even exists, is unknowable and that our petty attempts to please such a force are most likely ignored. In short, if a God exists I believe we could never know it or it's desires.

I do not accept the biblical God but I do not deny the possibility of it's existence. I don't think it does exist but the possibility is always there for anything.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 bloodling

Are you ready to make your permanent reservation in Heaven? Trust me, it's a lot easier than you may think.ZCatan

No, but I'm ready to hear how it's done.

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"][QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Pixel-Pirate

If your God is all powerful then yes, he can make us accept him. If he cannot then he is not omnipotent as that would suggest he has limits.

As for why not accept him? I'm not an atheist but I am also not a believer. I am agnostic and I hold that the will of a creator, if it even exists, is unknowable and that our petty attempts to please such a force are most likely ignored. In short, if a God exists I believe we could never know it or it's desires.

I do not accept the biblical God but I do not deny the possibility of it's existence. I don't think it does exist but the possibility is always there for anything.

1) Of course God could make you accept Him, but He chooses not to. He'd rather you come to Him of your own free will than control you like a mindless robot. 2) God reveals Himself to us through the Bible. His will is that we should depart from all evil, do good, and follow Him. He hears every prayer (that is, if you have faith in Him), and He is well pleased when we do what is right in His sight. 3) You're right. There is no way to prove that God exists or does not exist. You need to look at the evidence and determine that for yourself. However, He either does exist or He does not. It can't be true and false, cannot be yes and no. Be cautious with your decision.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] My God is a loving God; He is merciful, but He is also a righteous judge. He cannot make us accept Him as our personal Savior. It's up to us to decide. God provided the sacrifice for sin, Jesus Christ; now we have to do our part by trusting Him ALONE for salvation. Now is the time for mercy; this life is all you have. Judgment comes later, after you die. God is offering you the free gift of salvation right now; so, why reject it?ZCatan

1) Of course God could make you accept Him, but He chooses not to. He'd rather you come to Him of your own free will than control you like a mindless robot. 2) God reveals Himself to us through the Bible. His will is that we should depart from all evil, do good, and follow Him. He hears every prayer (that is, if you have faith in Him), and He is well pleased when we do what is right in His sight. 3) You're right. There is no way to prove that God exists or does not exist. You need to look at the evidence and determine that for yourself. However, He either does exist or He does not. It can't be true and false, cannot be yes and no. Be cautious with your decision.

I never stated he did and did not exist. I stated I have no real belief either way. I have no proof he exists but I accept the possibility he could exist.

I have yet to find proof, I'm sorry. The bible is not proof. Using the bible as proof is circular reasoning. And if God wanted us in heaven he'd put us there even if we did not accept him, as he could.

I simply cannot devote my life on faith. Nor would I want to even if I knew a God exists. Because, again, I do not think we can know what a God wants. I personally doubt a God would care what we do or how we act. Much as we do not care how Ants behave.

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"]Are you ready to make your permanent reservation in Heaven? Trust me, it's a lot easier than you may think.bloodling

If you wish to be saved, to have your sins forgiven, to be made righteous in the eyes of the Lord, and to live forever with God in Heaven, here is how: You need to admit that you are a sinner who needs a Savior, and that your sin separates you from God. And you need to call on Jesus to be that personal Savior for you. He alone has the power to forgive sins, because He paid for your sins in full at the cross. All you need to be saved is faith (trust), not good works, not faith (trust) in anything or anyone else. If you were to call out to Jesus to save you, putting your faith and trust in Him ALONE for salvation, then all your sins, past, present, and future, would be forgiven, and you would be saved, and you'd be able to sleep in peace every night knowing that, if you weren't going to wake up the next morning, you would forever be in the presence of the God who created you and saved you. Jesus + faith (trust) = salvation. No other equation works.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="bloodling"]

[QUOTE="ZCatan"]Are you ready to make your permanent reservation in Heaven? Trust me, it's a lot easier than you may think.ZCatan

If you wish to be saved, to have your sins forgiven, to be made righteous in the eyes of the Lord, and to live forever with God in Heaven, here is how: You need to admit that you are a sinner who needs a Savior, and that your sin separates you from God. And you need to call on Jesus to be that personal Savior for you. He alone has the power to forgive sins, because He paid for your sins in full at the cross. All you need to be saved is faith (trust), not good works, not faith (trust) in anything or anyone else. If you were to call out to Jesus to save you, putting your faith and trust in Him ALONE for salvation, then all your sins, past, present, and future, would be forgiven, and you would be saved, and you'd be able to sleep in peace every night knowing that, if you weren't going to wake up the next morning, you would forever be in the presence of the God who created you and saved you. Jesus + faith (trust) = salvation. No other equation works.

What stops me from living a horrible life where I harm others and sin constantly and then just asking for forgiveness and salvation on my death bed?

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 ZCatan

Pixel-Pirate

I never stated he did and did not exist. I stated I have no real belief either way. I have no proof he exists but I accept the possibility he could exist.

I have yet to find proof, I'm sorry. The bible is not proof. Using the bible as proof is circular reasoning. And if God wanted us in heaven he'd put us there even if we did not accept him, as he could.

I simply cannot devote my life on faith. Nor would I want to even if I knew a God exists. Because, again, I do not think we can know what a God wants. I personally doubt a God would care what we do or how we act. Much as we do not care how Ants behave.

1) You're either for God or against Him. If you're for God, then God is for you. If you are against God, then you are for Satan, and God is against you. 2) You shouldn't be looking for proof, because you will never find proof, unless God Himself reveals Himself to you. 3) God cares about you. The Bible says that God knew you before you were CONCEIVED. He knows the number of hairs on your head. He became a man and DIED for YOU personally. He cares.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] 1) Of course God could make you accept Him, but He chooses not to. He'd rather you come to Him of your own free will than control you like a mindless robot. 2) God reveals Himself to us through the Bible. His will is that we should depart from all evil, do good, and follow Him. He hears every prayer (that is, if you have faith in Him), and He is well pleased when we do what is right in His sight. 3) You're right. There is no way to prove that God exists or does not exist. You need to look at the evidence and determine that for yourself. However, He either does exist or He does not. It can't be true and false, cannot be yes and no. Be cautious with your decision.ZCatan

1) You're either for God or against Him. If you're for God, then God is for you. If you are against God, then you are for Satan, and God is against you. 2) You shouldn't be looking for proof, because you will never find proof, unless God Himself reveals Himself to you. 3) God cares about you. The Bible says that God knew you before you were CONCEIVED. He knows the number of hairs on your head. He became a man and DIED for YOU personally. He cares.

1. Only a sith deals in absolutes.

2. Then unfortunately God will have to deal with me not believing in him. Just as I do not believe in pink flying elephants.

3. Again, the bible cannot be used as any sort of proof because their is no proof that the bible is the word of God. You have faith it is but your faith carries no weight with people who have no faith.

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 ZCatan

[QUOTE="ZCatan"][QUOTE="bloodling"]

Pixel-Pirate

What stops me from living a horrible life where I harm others and sin constantly and then just asking for forgiveness and salvation on my death bed?

Nothing stops you. However, you can't know for sure whether you will have the chance to ask Him for salvation on your death bed. You very well might die today in a car crash or of a brain aneurism. But then it will have been too late. TODAY is the day of salvation. NOW is the time to accept God's mercy, which is the free gift of salvation which is in Christ Jesus. This could be your last chance for salvation. Do not delay; you very well might not have another chance.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="ZCatan"] If you wish to be saved, to have your sins forgiven, to be made righteous in the eyes of the Lord, and to live forever with God in Heaven, here is how: You need to admit that you are a sinner who needs a Savior, and that your sin separates you from God. And you need to call on Jesus to be that personal Savior for you. He alone has the power to forgive sins, because He paid for your sins in full at the cross. All you need to be saved is faith (trust), not good works, not faith (trust) in anything or anyone else. If you were to call out to Jesus to save you, putting your faith and trust in Him ALONE for salvation, then all your sins, past, present, and future, would be forgiven, and you would be saved, and you'd be able to sleep in peace every night knowing that, if you weren't going to wake up the next morning, you would forever be in the presence of the God who created you and saved you. Jesus + faith (trust) = salvation. No other equation works.ZCatan

Nothing stops you. However, you can't know for sure whether you will have the chance to ask Him for salvation on your death bed. You very well might die today in a car crash or of a brain aneurism. But then it will have been too late. TODAY is the day of salvation. NOW is the time to accept God's mercy, which is the free gift of salvation which is in Christ Jesus. This could be your last chance for salvation. Do not delay; you very well might not have another chance.

So nothing stops me from abusing Gods system? God has a pretty poor system if thats true. I could easily wait till I'm of older age and repent then. Obviously I could die today but for someone with no faith, I could just take my chances, wait till I'm about to die, and ask for forgiveness then. By this logic, Hitler is probably in heaven.

ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 ZCatan

Pixel-Pirate

1. Only a sith deals in absolutes.

2. Then unfortunately God will have to deal with me not believing in him. Just as I do not believe in pink flying elephants.

3. Again, the bible cannot be used as any sort of proof because their is no proof that the bible is the word of God. You have faith it is but your faith carries no weight with people who have no faith.

1) lol ok 2) Okay. That's your choice. But if you still want salvation, God is always there and ready to save you. 3) Either God exists, or He does not. It cannot be yes and no, cannot be true and false. He either is who He says He is, or He is just a big hoax like global warming, excuse me, climate change. Examine the evidence for yourself, and determine whether or not you want to accept His existence as fact or fiction.
ZCatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775 ZCatan

Pixel-Pirate

So nothing stops me from abusing Gods system? God has a pretty poor system if thats true. I could easily wait till I'm of older age and repent then. Obviously I could die today but for someone with no faith, I could just take my chances, wait till I'm about to die, and ask for forgiveness then. By this logic, Hitler is probably in heaven.

God's system revolves around free will. Out of His own free will, God stepped down from His throne and became a lowly Man, Jesus Christ, to sacrifice Himself as the payment for your sins. But He didn't stay dead; He rose again on the third day. Now it is up to YOU to use your free will to accept God's free gift of salvation, or to abuse your free will by rejecting it. Do not risk your eternal life. You very well may die so quickly that you don't have the time to call out to Jesus for salvation. TODAY is the day of salvation! NOW is the time for mercy! You're right; Hitler though he was evil, was still eligible for salvation. No amount of sin is too hard to God to forgive.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
actually doesnt say murder is unforgiveable? and denying the holy ghost is unpardonable? if so im fairly certain you can fall out of Gods reach. also Satan is long past the point of repentance so no its not impossible to get out of forgiveness. so therefore i highly doubt hitler is in heaven. secondly the christian God isnt he all about free will free choice therefore hes not going to force anyone into accepting him? which probably means he cant do that for some bizzarre reason or not? or he just simply wont because free will is that important i mean essentially he allows Satan to roam around and influence mankind when he could of destroyed him so obviously he treasures free will greatly.
middle-earth88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#777 middle-earth88
Member since 2006 • 1262 Posts

That is far from proof of anything. It is possible to make radioactive substances from other substances with very complicated processes that I do not fully understand.

Where do we get plutonium? Plutonium is a man-made element. So on the basis of this I disprove your entire argument. There are quite a few man-made elements. Religion is something that cannot be proven. Therefore it is not a sience of any kind. Religion can either be there to fill voids in our knowledge or to fight against sience.

It is much smarter to let it coesist with scientific theories than be used to disprove them with vauge statments and images of "magic". We just simply do not know. Is that such a hard thing to understand?

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#778 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
...when I rebuked a demonic UFO in the name of Jesus Christ (no joke).ZCatan
This simply has to be Poe's law... it just has to be.