2 Girls Accused Of Killing G@y Man

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

"Two drunken teenage girls kicked a man so badly as he lay unconscious during their homophobic attack that he later died, a court heard.

Ruby Thomas and Rachel Burke, both 18, stamped on Ian Baynham's chest and kicked him in the head after their friend Joel Alexander, 19, had punched him to the ground, knocking him unconscious, the Old Bailey was told.

As Mr Baynham lay bleeding the teenagers continued to assault him, it was said, causing him to suffer a fit from brain damage after his skull had been fractured.

When Mr Baynham's friend stepped in to try to save him, Ms Burke attacked him too, punching him in the face, the jury was told.

//

The three alleged killers fled from the scene and Mr Baynham was taken to hospital in East London, but he never regained consciousness and died 18 days after the attack in September last year.

Brian Altman, QC, for the prosecution, told jurors that Mr Baynham and Philip Brown were walking through Trafalgar Square, in Central London, "minding their own business".

He said: "The scene is Trafalgar Square at the very heart of London, one of this city's most famous open spaces, home to the National Gallery, Nelson's Column, the famous plinths and late that evening, a scene of despicable violence.

"One onlooker likened the level of violence to a scene from the film A Clockwork Orange. What happened was an all too familiar and depressing tale of drunken, loutish behaviour. But what they did went far beyond mere antisocial conduct.

"Remarkably, two of these defendants are teenage girls. Fuelled by copious amounts of alcohol, all three jointly participated in a violent attack on a defenceless man in public."

Mr Altman continued: "Mr Baynham was openly homosexual and what led to his death began with Thomas hurling homophobic abuse at him and his friend Mr Brown. She called them '****ing **** Mr Baynham grabbed and slapped her.

"Alexander intervened and lunged at him, punching him in the face. He fell to the ground. It is certain that the force of the punch was such as to render him unconscious. His head hit the pavement and there was nothing to break his fall. The impact was so heavy that he suffered severe brain damage from which ultimately he was to die.

"However, that did not suffice. There's evidence that the females then began putting the boot into Mr Baynham as he lay unconscious on his back. He was deeply in distress from the blow. Shocked onlookers saw repeated stamping on his chest and forceful kicks to the head. He began making snoring noises, evidence of unconsciousness, and fitting on the pavement, signs of primary brain damage."

Mr Alexander, from Thornton Heath, Surrey, Ms Burke, from East Sussex, and Ms Thomas, from Litchfield, Staffordshire, all deny manslaughter and violent disorder. Ms Burke also denies causing Mr Brown actual bodily harm."

The trial continues.

The accused:

link

Came across this the other day

NOTE: Censor bypass from article removed. Please ensure that forbidden words are completely obscured.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
fitting on the pavement? Convulsing or something like that? Yikes......give um the stake!
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Disgusting. No other word for it.
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

Another reason to be misanthropic, I see.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I hope they get life.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Their just unhappy that their ugly asses can't get a man like he could. Shame.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
The world can be a sick place at times I tell ya.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58345 Posts

"the two women then proceeded to french kiss" concluded the article "soon they will contact Oprah and Rosie O'Donnel on tips about how to start families as lesbian parents"

seriously, thoughh, this crap is getting out of handd. It is freasking disgusting.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

That's aweful.

Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
Disgusting. No other word for it.Bourbons3
Absolutely agree.
xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

They should both get life in prison.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

freek666
He was taking all the attention away strutting his stuff :lol:
Pessu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pessu
Member since 2007 • 944 Posts
Yes well the poor dead guy assaulted one of the females first... Thats more than enough to get your ass kicked anywhere in world. But still assaulting someone who's unconcious or laying on the ground is disgusting.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#14 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

did you only post this because it was a gay man.

anyway the guy slapped one of the women, that's assault and what basically started this. Then her friend clocked him one which lead to them putting the boot in.

I'm sure there's alot more that when on that lead up the incident that wasn't reported.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bourbons3
Yes well the poor dead guy assaulted one of the females first... Thats more than enough to get your ass kicked anywhere in world. But still assaulting someone who's unconcious or laying on the ground is disgusting.Pessu
But they started it by shouting obscenities at him. You think a black person would be seen as over-reacting if he slapped someone who used the n-word?
Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 Mr_Versipellis
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts
Uuuuuuuuughhhhhhh.... Horrrible.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#17 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

But they started it by shouting obscenities at him. You think a black person would be seen as over-reacting if he slapped someone who used the n-word?Bourbons3

really, you were there, you know what happened.

and no physical assault is never excuse to assault someone as a response to name calling

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
Well, that's what'll happen when you slap a girl on the face infront of her male friend. He should have just ignored them, like you do all drunk people slurring at you. Don't get me wrong, this is very unfortunate, but he was the one that started being physical with 2-3 drunk individuals in a group. Seriously bad judgement on his side.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
You know, you try not to judge people super harshly, and look at both sides of the argument with stuff like, he shouldn't have slapped her, they shouldn't have been drunk and such. However, how can anyone possibly have such a lack of humanity to kick a man in the head while he's CONVULSING, i mean kicking them in the head while there unconscious is awful, but when the person is shaking around bleeding all over the place, how could someone have it in them to keep going.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BiancaDK
You know, you try not to judge people super harshly, and look at both sides of the argument with stuff like, he shouldn't have slapped her, they shouldn't have been drunk and such. However, how can anyone possibly have such a lack of humanity to kick a man in the head while he's CONVULSING, i mean kicking them in the head while there unconscious is awful, but when the person is shaking around bleeding all over the place, how could someone have it in them to keep going.FrostyPhantasm
Be very drunk?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"] Be very drunk?

Well see, you can somewhat gauge how drunk the two women were when this went down. They'd have to be drunk enough to start throwing slurs around, drunk enough to fight a person, however with that said. They were obviously not super wasted, I'd like to see anyone who is super drunk to walk a straight line let alone hold yourself up while stomping on a grown man :lol:
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

They shoul get life....in a mans prison.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Hope they both get life.
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DEVILinIRON

Well, that's what'll happen when you slap a girl on the face infront of her male friend. He should have just ignored them, like you do all drunk people slurring at you. Don't get me wrong, this is very unfortunate, but he was the one that started being physical with 2-3 drunk individuals in a group. Seriously bad judgement on his side.BiancaDK
Depends on the slap. Also maybe he was drunk too.. Though I agree that he shouldn't have slapped her in the first place. It still doesn't warrant death.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BiancaDK

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]Well, that's what'll happen when you slap a girl on the face infront of her male friend. He should have just ignored them, like you do all drunk people slurring at you. Don't get me wrong, this is very unfortunate, but he was the one that started being physical with 2-3 drunk individuals in a group. Seriously bad judgement on his side.DEVILinIRON

Depends on the slap. Also maybe he was drunk too.. Though I agree that he shouldn't have slapped her in the first place. It still doesn't warrant death.

Drunk people act in extremes and perceive in extremes. Nothing depends on the slap, a slap is a slap to a drunk person, it's not like he/she can gauge the level of pain, he/she just somewhat knows what action took place and can react violently on even the mere symbolic nature of it. I'm not trying to justify the actions of what happened in rights and wrongs. It was all clearly wrong and no one did anything good that night, including the bystanders. I mean, trafalgar square was it? I've been to trafalgar square many times, and what i find truly appaling here is that no one intervened to stop a small handful of teenagers.
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DEVILinIRON
[QUOTE="DEVILinIRON"]

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]Well, that's what'll happen when you slap a girl on the face infront of her male friend. He should have just ignored them, like you do all drunk people slurring at you. Don't get me wrong, this is very unfortunate, but he was the one that started being physical with 2-3 drunk individuals in a group. Seriously bad judgement on his side.BiancaDK

Drunk people act in extremes and perceive in extremes. Nothing depends on the slap, a slap is a slap to a drunk person, it's not like he/she can gauge the level of pain, he/she just somewhat knows what action took place and can react violently on even the mere symbolic nature of it. I'm not trying to justify the actions of what happened in rights and wrongs. It was all clearly wrong and no one did anything good that night, including the bystanders. I mean, trafalgar square was it? I've been to trafalgar square many times, and what i find truly appaling here is that no one intervened to stop a small handful of teenagers.

The depends on the slap part was an extremely lame attempt at humor. I apologize for even mentioning it. As for Trafalgar Square, I've heard of it, but never been. I'll take your word for it.
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Some people deserve the chair

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

How do they know it was a "Homophobic fit of rage" when they were drunk. I think slapping a girl is a bad move, is it legal to hit a girl in England?

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
I knew it would be Chavy girl before entering the thread.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BiancaDK
As for Trafalgar Square, I've heard of it, but never been. I'll take your word for it. DEVILinIRON
Well, a US equivalent would be slowly getting beaten to death in the middle of Times Square. =)
synyster-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 synyster-666
Member since 2008 • 4148 Posts

freek666
:lol: Seriously though, that's worthy of at least life.
MugiwaraNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MugiwaraNo
Member since 2009 • 250 Posts

What's with all these weird news I am frequently seeing on some gamespot topic? What's happening in this world? :)

tommat119944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 tommat119944
Member since 2008 • 970 Posts
I don't like all these arguments that he started the assault, yes, that is part of the argument, but a mere slap does not warrant death at all. I know they were drunk, but what they did is what they did, I hope they get life too.
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

How do they know it was a "Homophobic fit of rage" when they were drunk. I think slapping a girl is a bad move, is it legal to hit a girl in England?

Snipes_2

I agree. At first I thought they attacked him for no reason but after reading it, I can see how that is possible. Slapping a girl especially around her drunk friends very bad move indeed. I feel bad that he died but he attacked them physically first he should of just walked away.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
oh so basically any time a gay person gets killed its a homophobic hate crime?
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

I don't like all these arguments that he started the assault, yes, that is part of the argument, but a mere slap does not warrant death at all. I know they were drunk, but what they did is what they did, I hope they get life too.tommat119944

Stuff like this happens everyday someone talks trash to someone the person gets angry the other person beats them or shoots them to death. I'm not justifying his death I just don't like how they are trying to sensationalize it by making it look like it was just their homophobic rage killed him. It was partially the reason maybe, but you should know not to physically attack drunk people who got numbers on their side.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bourbons3
oh so basically any time a gay person gets killed its a homophobic hate crime? Silenthps
When they prefix it by calling him what they did because he was being "openly homosexual", yes.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
However, how can anyone possibly have such a lack of humanity to kick a man in the head while he's CONVULSING, i mean kicking them in the head while there unconscious is awful, but when the person is shaking around bleeding all over the place, how could someone have it in them to keep going.FrostyPhantasm
I know quite a few at my high school who've done that before sober... Anyway he shouldn't have slapped her but the response was way over the top. They should get GBH, manslaughter and social disorder.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MushroomWig

is it legal to hit a girl in England?

Snipes_2

It's not really legal to hit anyone without proper cause.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Well, whether the guy was straight or gay it is unfortunate he had to get killed. Maybe it was a case of homophobia, maybe it was just some VERY drunk people, either way, it does not excuse killing innocent people.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
This just in, video of the scene has been found:
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
[QUOTE="bededog"]This just in, video of the scene has been found:

LOL.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

poor gay man. rest in peace!!!

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MushroomWig

This just in, video of the scene has been foundbededog

A man died, show some respect.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BiancaDK

This just in, video of the scene has been found *gif*bededog

i lol'd. well done

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts

Let them do time in a male penitentiary, lets see them throw there mouth off then.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="bededog"]This just in, video of the scene has been foundMushroomWig

A man died, show some respect.

Ah, don't be like that. Twas just a light-hearted joke. Not like the man's loved ones are going to run across this thread.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Not entirely sure if the slap is what entirely did him in.

They verbally abused the guy harshly. I think it would've been sooner or later before they killed him, slap or no slap. But you don't exactly stand there and take it when someone makes fun a huge part of you.

aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
That's terrible.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Of course, their defense will be that it was in self defense (he did slap her first, a stupid move on his part) and their sentence will be lightened (there's no way they're getting off scott-free) because it was a gay guy.