10 reasons why not to join the military.

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The-Deer-Hunter
The-Deer-Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 The-Deer-Hunter
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

[QUOTE="-AK47-"]I agree. Joining the military is stupid.LJS9502_basic

Not at all....I made lots of money and I got a college education.

What do you do now?
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

Oh quite Boo Hooing. It's a volunteer system. Don't like it, you don't have to join, it's that simple.

But.....to be honest the only thing I don't like about today's view on the military is that they try and promote recruitment by offering "Honor" and "Valor".

Since when did joining the military automatically give you either? What about the workers out there? Is there no honor in being a doctor, lawyer, or scientist? I don't like the mentality of "honor" through joining the military.

Avatar image for evil_dutchman90
evil_dutchman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 evil_dutchman90
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts

[QUOTE="loismustdie47"]On the plus side, you do get to kill people, so...yeah_Marisa_

Since when is killing someone a good thing? :?

When they deserve it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-AK47-"]I agree. Joining the military is stupid.The-Deer-Hunter

What do you do now?

I work for the state....

WhetherMann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 WhetherMann
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

This is why you DONT join the military. Among the benefits that people claim it has the side effects are not worth it unless your planning on being a military secratary.

1. You get shot and die

2. You have to live your whole life knowing you killed a man/men or in some cases a women or child

3. You can die in Iraq but cant have a drink until your 21

4. The military targets boys not men

5. You have to leave your wife/children and home

6. You have to put up with your friends being killed

7. You have to live in cruddy conditions and follow orders

8. You are not really fighting for your country (nowadays anyway)

9. It will stay with you your whole life

10. You have the illusion of pride

These are my opinions and I do not mean to offend anyone.

The-Deer-Hunter

right on

The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
Well in my opinion people have a biased view on the military nowadays thanks to the media. Personally I might join the armed forces after university in the engineering or intelligence side of it and as for the "you never see your family" comment, my uncle has been the armed forces for most of his adult life and is based, like the majority of troops on a base with his family. The "you will die" thing as well is strange as well as it is only a small percentage of people that get wounded/killed.
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#108 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
That was a clever list...not. Since when does joining the army mean you are going to die?
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

You do realize there are NON-combatant roles in the military right...Aznsilvrboy

I hope you know everyone is TRAINED TO KILL.Because its non-combat and their in the field fixing something. They have to know how to kill also. Their is no such thing as Non-Combat roles, everyone is in combat. Plus your simiply trained to kill first

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 buxboy
Member since 2004 • 6940 Posts

This thread is stupid. There are a lot of great reasons to join the military. Too close friends of mine just became US Marines. I would like to see what they would say to you if contact was ever made.

YOu act like it is a death sentence. It is a place to excel and build your strength and learn skills not many others will ever learn.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]You do realize there are NON-combatant roles in the military right...SiKh22

I hope you know everyone is TRAINED TO KILL.Because its non-combat and their in the field fixing something. They have to know how to kill also. Their is no such thing as Non-Combat roles, everyone is in combat. Plus your simiply trained to kill first

You're trained to use weapons....yes. But there are many non combat MOS's in the military....and many people that never have to fire a weapon at another human. Everyone is NOT in combat. Thesestereotypes are not even close to reality.

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 buxboy
Member since 2004 • 6940 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Deer-Hunter"]

This is why you DONT join the military. Among the benefits that people claim it has the side effects are not worth it unless your planning on being a military secratary.

1. You get shot and die
Really, Most of my family seems to be alive and well...

2. You have to live your whole life knowing you killed a man/men or in some cases a women or child
not everyone sees combat

not joining the military isnt going to affect the drinking age, totally invalid point

Is this even a point?

no, my dad has been in the Marine Corp for 19 years and has always lived with me and my mom

thats assuming you or your friends see combat. You like assumptions, dont you?

Oh boy, your such a rebel. You aint gonna take orders from anyone eh? Good luck getting a good job. Also, ive lived on bases, and it aint nice, but maybe if the government spent more money on that than on the crackhead deadbeats in the projects who collect wellfare that wouldnt be a problem.

Of course you are

Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Cant argue with you there....

Trust me buddy, its no illusion.

Def_Jef88

Go ahead and post more bs. Just dont expect anyone to take it seriously....

Thank you. The counter points supplied by you destroy the weak argument he put up. It is true, it stays with you forever, but being a US Marine is something that I would be damn proud of for my entire life. I hope to god that would never leave me.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#113 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
Hey but in USA at least you have choice to join the military. In my country military is obligatory. Every male who ended 18 years old and isn't learning any more has to join. Our military has very bad equipment so in the end only morons who where too stupid to dodge the catching net go there:P I say no to the military for 2 main reasons: you have to wake up early in the morning and do many irrational things:P
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

4)Umm, no, the military definatly targets men, you have to be 18 to join, if you can vote, you are a man, a young man, but a man none the less. 17 with parental consent, but you can't be sent overseas at 17.

The average age of the US military is 19. The military DEFINITELY targets teenagers.

[QUOTE="The-Deer-Hunter"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

technicially Gamespot doesn't have freedom of speech...when you signed up for your account you agreed to let the mods deem what is appropriate and what isn't.

UnknownSniper65

It's like being a soldier.

No, its like every other job in this world...if you say something offensive you will get fired or written up

Like saying I'm g a y? Yea really offensive.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts

Ten reasons to join the military:

To learn how to enjoy killing others

To leave your family

To shoot stuff

To be shot if you don't enjoy life

To join roles that don't have combat

To hold guns that would be illegal in normal life

To wear armor and cool stuff

To learn how to utilize cool combat moves

To watch people get shot

To be sad that others got shot then get used to it

That's all.

Bonus Reasons:

People have to die, that's natural.

Video games are fun, but they don't have the AI and graphics and physics of war.

You don't need a 2,000 dollar gaming rig to enjoy war in Very High settings.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 manningbowl135

This thread is stupid. There are a lot of great reasons to join the military. Too close friends of mine just became US Marines. I would like to see what they would say to you if contact was ever made.

YOu act like it is a death sentence. It is a place to excel and build your strength and learn skills not many others will ever learn.

buxboy

There are a lot of great reasons, and there are plenty of not so great reasons. For me, the bad reasons far outweigh the good reasons. I'm just thankful there's a very small chance of a draft right now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 LJS9502_basic
The counter points supplied by you destroy the weak argument he put up. It is true, it stays with you forever, but being a US Marine is something that I would be damn proud of for my entire life. I hope to god that would never leave me.

buxboy

His argument was destroyed pages ago....by various people.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

[QUOTE="lycrof"]DOnt let nicktehimperial see thisstaindcoldlp

He got banned.

wow really? why?
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

4)Umm, no, the military definatly targets men, you have to be 18 to join, if you can vote, you are a man, a young man, but a man none the less. 17 with parental consent, but you can't be sent overseas at 17.

The average age of the US military is 18. During the Vietnam war, it was 17. The military DEFINITELY targets teenagers.

[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"][QUOTE="The-Deer-Hunter"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

technicially Gamespot doesn't have freedom of speech...when you signed up for your account you agreed to let the mods deem what is appropriate and what isn't.

manningbowl135

No, its like every other job in this world...if you say something offensive you will get fired or written up

ah...ok....

What did that have to do with ANYTHING I just said? I think its common knowledge if you say something offensive you'll get fired...if you don't believe me walk up to your boss and call him a fatarse...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="staindcoldlp"]

[QUOTE="lycrof"]DOnt let nicktehimperial see thisDivergeUnify

He got banned.

wow really? why?

Week or so ago......probably too many moderations.

solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 solidscryer
Member since 2005 • 5661 Posts
It's their desicion not to join, you can't change it.
beedup91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 beedup91
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

Man...people are ignorant when it comes tohow military lifestyle is like. It all depends on the job you get, which service you serve, and what station you assigned to.

1. You get shot and die.
It's a possibility if you're infantry or armor. But most likely not if your job requires you to stay on base. My mother has been to Iraq TWICE and she is alive and well.

My answer to #1 pretty much answers this question as well.

Yea true but again...it depends on your job.

If you mean in terms of who they hire, then you're right. They want to hire those who are young and healthyand joining at a young age is recommended. But I wouldn't necessarilysee this as "targeting".

This is true. If you're deployed to Iraq, you will most likely have to leave your family. The amount of time you spend depends on your company.

Same as answers 1, 2, and 3.

Living in cruddy conditions depends on where you're stationed. If you're stationed on a base that's located in the middle of nowhere, then sure your living conditions may not be as desireable but most military bases are located near cities so your chances of being stationed on a crappy base is slim. Also, you get what's called BAH and that's basically money that the military pays you for a house/apartment offbase. If you deem the housing on base cruddy, then you can decide to live off base. BAH depends on your rank. Right now my mother is an E-6 and her BAH is about $1000 and she is renting a nice house.

Following orders on the other is normal even in a civilian job. You have to follow orders your boss gives you.

Yea true...right now with the situation in Iraq, people are fighting for Bush rather than America.

I don't know if you mean this literally or not.

Not really. Joining the military because you want to support America can give you a sense of prestige and pride. But if you join for other reasons (college money, work experience) then you're not going to necessarily get this "illusion" or pride.

All in all, the military is not horrible, it depends more on what service and jobyou choose as well as what you're looking for. The Air Force is not bad at all. The pay could be better but you get the easier, better jobs and you get to be around smarter and less arrogant people than the Army or Marines. They probably have the best housing being that they're the youngest military service and they don't push you as hard. I see the Marines, Army, and Navy less desireable but that's me.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

The average age of the US military is 18. During the Vietnam war, it was 17. The military DEFINITELY targets teenagers.

UnknownSniper65

ah...ok....

What did that have to do with ANYTHING I just said? I think its common knowledge if you say something offensive you'll get fired...if you don't believe me walk up to your boss and call him a fatarse...

I'm saying the military is the only place where you can legally get fired for saying your sexual orientation. You responded to the statement "a soldier doesn't have freedom of speech" by saying the offensive stuff thing. But it's not just offensive stuff.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="staindcoldlp"]

[QUOTE="lycrof"]DOnt let nicktehimperial see thisLJS9502_basic

He got banned.

wow really? why?

Week or so ago......probably too many moderations.

I miss him, though :(

He was funny because of how hard-headed and uniformed he was

The-Deer-Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 The-Deer-Hunter
[QUOTE="buxboy"]The counter points supplied by you destroy the weak argument he put up. It is true, it stays with you forever, but being a US Marine is something that I would be damn proud of for my entire life. I hope to god that would never leave me.

LJS9502_basic

His argument was destroyed pages ago....by various people.

pshh they were destroyed according to some people but I have others on my side.

Avatar image for TrueConservativ
TrueConservativ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TrueConservativ
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

1. You get shot and die

The-Deer-Hunter

thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever read on these forums. and thats pretty bad considering half of the unexperienced 14 year olds who post here tend to favor communism.

1. You dont GET shot and die. you CAN get shot, and you CAN possibly die. even though the iraq war is bs and isnt worth fighting it dosent take away from the need to have a military. You can get shot and you can die, but what happens when every man decides to act like a little girl and wont fight and some other country comes over and takes us out? Which would definitely happen.

2. Big deal, they were trying to kill you too. I dont see any issue with this at all

3. Drinking is stupid anyway. War is neccessary

4. They turn them into men. Actually the fact that they target boys and not men is a good thin because its not like they ignore real men anyway.

5. this part sucks but you need to suck it up and be a man, and not everyone has those.

6. theres no garuntee they will die.

7. Sorry princess, I didnt know you wanted the hamilton hotel and run the show in iraq.

8. Actually we are. If we leave iraq now the end result will actually be really really really bad. So even though we made a huge mess, we still need to try and fix it.

9. Ok?

10. There is no false illusion. talk to anyone who was in the military. ive never met anyone who didnt come out with a ton of pride.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#127 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

i've heard some bad stories about iraq. for example, they give things to the kids like candy and soda. so they piss in gatorade bottles and give it to the kids.

also, they'll draw a line in the sand, tell kids to stand on it, and point their guns at them if they step off.

being in iraq is more of a detriment if that kind of crap is going on. think about how much those kids will hate americans when they grow up? reason 11: the military is not all fighting and helping children and making a good name for ourselves.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#128 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
You can spew all the bull you want, really, but as soon as I graduate college and the ROTC program I am joing the United States Marines Corps. and I am proud of that fact. There is nothing you could say that would dissuade me from serving my country. God bless America!
TrueConservativ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TrueConservativ
[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

manningbowl135

ah...ok....

I'm saying the military is the only place where you can legally get fired for saying your sexual orientation. You responded to the statement "a soldier doesn't have freedom of speech" by saying the offensive stuff thing. But it's not just offensive stuff.

actually in most states there arent laws that say you cant get fired for sexual oritenation. Not saying nobody really cares but I dont really hear anyone making too much of a fuss about it anyway. I meanI know there are gay rights people going around and trying to get there rights but I dont think most people these days care too much about your orientation that much anyway

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 wemhim

i've heard some bad stories about iraq. for example, they give things to the kids like candy and soda. so they piss in gatorade bottles and give it to the kids.

also, they'll draw a line in the sand, tell kids to stand on it, and point their guns at them if they step off.

being in iraq is more of a detriment if that kind of crap is going on. think about how much those kids will hate americans when they grow up? reason 11: the military is not all fighting and helping children and making a good name for ourselves.

paullywog
Yeah, a lot of the US people kind of suck. If I join the military, Iraq might have to be the nation I join...*Waits for someone to bash me because of what I just said*.
nohabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#131 nohabs
Member since 2004 • 10797 Posts

I've dedicated 6 years of my life to the US Marines, seen combat tours in Iraq and humanitarian missions in The Philippines after the tsunami hit. You'll never know how that feels, and you don't deserve to. People like you are always gonna be haters, that's just how it is. By the way, you're welcome.

Oh, and moderated. 8)

MarineJcksn

This makes a perfect time to thank you and all the service men and woman out there for a fine job. When these numb nuts that oppose the military wake up and smell the roses and realize it was on your backs and all the generations of soldiers before you that they have a good free life, they will humbly thank you as well

GamerPro1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GamerPro1984
Member since 2006 • 818 Posts

paullywog

Where do you get your information from? South Park??

Iraqs next generation will probaly hate thier own death squads more than us.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

TrueConservativ

ah...ok....

actually in most states there arent laws that say you cant get fired for sexual oritenation. Not saying nobody really cares but I dont really hear anyone making too much of a fuss about it anyway. I meanI know there are gay rights people going around and trying to get there rights but I dont think most people these days care too much about your orientation that much anyway

Exactly. They don't care about your orientation. The military does. That's my problem with it. Noone should be discharged b/c they were not straight.

The-Deer-Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 The-Deer-Hunter

You can spew all the bull you want, really, but as soon as I graduate college and the ROTC program I am joing the United States Marines Corps. and I am proud of that fact. There is nothing you could say that would dissuade me from serving my country. God bless America!darthzew

Yeah.. You have fun with that. I knew I was gonna get a couple Mr. Americas in here wooooooo were gonna kick some Iraqi ass, that's such **** Go and kill people that have war as part of their culture. And now you are probably gonna start calling me a pansy and a baby because you are the typical American trousers in here.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 wemhim
[QUOTE="paullywog"]

GamerPro1984

Where do you get your information from? South Park??

Iraqs next generation will probaly hate thier own death squads more than us.

Uhhh.... A lot of US soldiers HAVE been doing bad stuff in the USA. Not from cartoons either, and funny, you must have never seen South Park, they don't even really talk about the war, and they don't make it sound like the soldiers are doing anything bad either. Watch REAL videos of the stuff going on, Iraq isn't better really though, they're both kind of the fails when it comes to this war. Just like Vietnam.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#136 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

1. and 2. were the best reasons.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]

I've dedicated 6 years of my life to the US Marines, seen combat tours in Iraq and humanitarian missions in The Philippines after the tsunami hit. You'll never know how that feels, and you don't deserve to. People like you are always gonna be haters, that's just how it is. By the way, you're welcome.

Oh, and moderated. 8)

nohabs

This makes a perfect time to thank you and all the service men and woman out there for a fine job. When these numb nuts that oppose the military wake up and smell the roses and realize it was on your backs and all the generations of soldiers before you that they have a good free life, they will humbly thank you as well

I'll also thank you and LJS :)
F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]

Oh, and moderated. 8)

nohabs

Why are you thanking them and not the firefighters, cops, doctors, surgeons, scientists, parents, or volunteers. Being in the military is just like every other job in this world and if you thank them, then you better thank all the other people who help make America a nice place to live. I hate the mentality that just because you served in the military automatically makes you a veteran. If I ever see a firefighter, I always thank them, but when I see a soldier, I see just another business man in a suit.

Give credit where credit is due, and WW2, Vietnam, and Korean veterans deserve to be saluted, but until we win it, I will just think of any soldier I see that is in the army now as someone who was stupid enough to sell their life away to the government and their little chess game.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="nohabs"][QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]

Oh, and moderated. 8)

F-14Bombcat

Why are you thanking them and not the firefighters, cops, doctors, surgeons, scientists, parents, or volunteers. Being in the military is just like every other job in this world and if you thank them, then you better thank all the other people who help make America a nice place to live. I hate the mentality that just because you served in the military automatically makes you a veteran. If I ever see a firefighter, I always thank them, but when I see a soldier, I see just another business man in a suit.

Give credit where credit is due, and WW2, Vietnam, and Korean veterans deserve to be saluted, but until we win it, I will just think of any soldier I see that is in the army now as someone who was stupid enough to sell their life away to the government and their little chess game.

I live in Florida where Firefighters don't get a lot of action. So should I thank a firefighter for being on call while getting paid to chill in a firestation? Or should I thank a soldier for keeping the US safe since 9/11? Or should I thank both?
F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

[QUOTE="darthzew"]You can spew all the bull you want, really, but as soon as I graduate college and the ROTC program I am joing the United States Marines Corps. and I am proud of that fact. There is nothing you could say that would dissuade me from serving my country. God bless America!The-Deer-Hunter

Yeah.. You have fun with that. I knew I was gonna get a couple Mr. Americas in here wooooooo were gonna kick some Iraqi ass, that's such **** Go and kill people that have war as part of their culture. And now you are probably gonna start calling me a pansy and a baby because you are the typical American trousers in here.

Unfortunately that is how us Americans have been raised up. We were born being taught that violence was the only answer and that dieing for your country is the best honor you can ever have. I am really getting sick of this place and once I finish college, I hope to be out of here before we step on anymore country's toes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LJS9502_basic
I miss him, though :(

He was funny because of how hard-headed and uniformed he was

DivergeUnify

Yeah...I found him entertaining....

TrueConservativ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TrueConservativ
[QUOTE="TrueConservativ"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

manningbowl135

ah...ok....

Exactly. They don't care about your orientation. The military does. That's my problem with it. Noone should be discharged b/c they were not straight.

yeah it sucks for them but at the same time I can fully understand why they discharge them as it can be quite distracting and might break trust.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic

pshh they were destroyed according to some people but I have others on my side.

The-Deer-Hunter

Having others agree with stereotypes and misinformation doesn't mean you made any points dude.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="nohabs"][QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]

Oh, and moderated. 8)

F-14Bombcat

Meh...surgeons, lawyers, doctors, scientists are well compensated for their job....and imagine they do it without getting shot at. Guess what...without those soldiers the US would stop being the US....I doubt any lawyers will stand up to fight to defend you so can rant against them.

enjoi_your_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 enjoi_your_day
Member since 2005 • 2453 Posts
Weakest list of reasons ever.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="darthzew"]You can spew all the bull you want, really, but as soon as I graduate college and the ROTC program I am joing the United States Marines Corps. and I am proud of that fact. There is nothing you could say that would dissuade me from serving my country. God bless America!F-14Bombcat

Unfortunately that is how us Americans have been raised up. We were born being taught that violence was the only answer and that dieing for your country is the best honor you can ever have. I am really getting sick of this place and once I finish college, I hope to be out of here before we step on anymore country's toes.

I've never been taught that, and my Dad was a Marine :|
Avatar image for Relaxing_Turnip
Relaxing_Turnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Relaxing_Turnip
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

[QUOTE="-AK47-"]I agree. Joining the military is stupid.LJS9502_basic

Of course...It would have to be you that thinks joining the military is a good thing....Do you understand why i dont like you~?

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts

1. You get shot and die

What about all of the people who are in the military who don't get shot and die?

What about the people who havn't killed anyone in the military?

This isn't a reason not to join the military... it is however a constant argument vs the legalization of alcohol to people 18 and over...

Not a reason...

Assuming you have any of those things.

...what?

The military is not the only orginization that has people follow orders... as a matter of fact millions of people do it every day. They have jobs. And 'cruddy' conditions is subjective.

I do agree with this...

What will?

Sometimes. Onone of themilitary recruitment commercials I saw, a guy appealed to his mother to join the military because he thought it was time 'to be the man', as if masculinity is somehow directly linked to being in the armed service.Most people don't join up for such idiotic reasons however.

The-Deer-Hunter

That said, I would never join the military.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-AK47-"]I agree. Joining the military is stupid.Relaxing_Turnip

Of course...It would have to be you that thinks joining the military is a good thing....Do you understand why i dont like you~?

Back again I see.....I'm on vacation this week so it should be a good week for you. Do you understand that I don't care how you feel about me....I don't even know you...though I find it bizarre that you have any personal feelings toward me at all.

The-Deer-Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 The-Deer-Hunter

1. You get shot and die

What about all of the people who are in the military who don't get shot and die?

What about the people who havn't killed anyone in the military?

This isn't a reason not to join the military... it is however a constant argument vs the legalization of alcohol to people 18 and over...

Not a reason...

Assuming you have any of those things.

...what?

The military is not the only orginization that has people follow orders... as a matter of fact millions of people do it every day. They have jobs. And 'cruddy' conditions is subjective.

I do agree with this...

What will?

Sometimes. Onone of themilitary recruitment commercials I saw, a guy appealed to his mother to join the military because he thought it was time 'to be the man', as if masculinity is somehow directly linked to being in the armed service.Most people don't join up for such idiotic reasons however.

EboyLOL

That said, I would never join the military.

Thank you very much I appreciate it.