Off The Books Hip Hop Draft (forget is OTC)

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#351 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

I had to choose a rapper andy :?... You're not allowed to have only two.

These are the top five imo:

1. Colt's
  2. Orlando's
  3. Mine
  4. Muffin
  5. Hash

Colt45fool

Jeru is a rapper dude.

You know the Fugees and Jeru had a little beef too?

Jeru the Damaja- "You Can't Stop the Prophet"

Then on "Zealots" from The Score, Pras said "And for you bitin' Zealots, Your rap styIes are relics/No matter who you damage, You're still a false prophet."

Jeru responded with "Black Cowboys"

And finally the Fugees followed that up with "Don't Cry Dry Your Eyes." Pras said "*****s jealous cause the truth I said in Zealots/Well let me tell it... without Premier you couldnt sell it!"

They woulda made a dope team though...

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

I had to choose a rapper andy :?... You're not allowed to have only two.

These are the top five imo:

1. Colt's
  2. Orlando's
  3. Mine
  4. Muffin
  5. Hash

Colt45fool

Jeru is a rapper dude.

I feel stupid..... I was thinking of Damu :lol:. my bad... Yeah, that would have been a much better choice, now that I think of it. Or Pras. But I didn't want to pick up Pras because I'd basically be remaking the Fugees with Badu on some vocals and ?uest producing... Kinda a cheap move. 

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
orlando, colt, or WGE...muffins is dope too...foolz3h has an interesting one too
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts

i pick producer

no id 

HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#355 HaSheeSh_basic
Member since 2002 • 12509 Posts
sooo....what happens next?
Agnidev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 Agnidev
Member since 2007 • 1432 Posts

agnidev has the worst team

TheBigTicket21

sadface :(

mowz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 mowz00
Member since 2004 • 18692 Posts

sooo....what happens next?HaSheeSh_basic

nothing...im turned off

my team is 10x better than other teams getting cred

meh

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
this process took way too long
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#359 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
what a waste of time this was colt.
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#360 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts
this process took way too longApocalypse33
people took too long to vote or forgot to. i suppose the time slots should have been shorter.
what a waste of time this was colt.TheBigTicket21
Just about any posting on the forums is wasting time.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"]sooo....what happens next?mowz00

nothing...im turned off

meh

my team rapes yours, stop complaining
mowz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 mowz00
[QUOTE="mowz00"]

[QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"]sooo....what happens next?mems_1224

nothing...im turned off

meh

:(

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="mowz00"]

[QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"]sooo....what happens next?mowz00

nothing...im turned off

meh

:(

mowz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 mowz00
^^ lol
-Methtical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 -Methtical-
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts

I could make a better team than some of these by taking undrafted artists,

1. The Alchemist (producer)
2. Jadakiss (rapper)
3. S.tyles P (rapper)
4. Prodigy (rapper)
5. Buckshot (rapper)

Assuming I could take Prodigy in '95 and Buckshot in '93, this crew would beat the **** out of some of these other squads.

EDIT: I could probably sub Havoc in there as a producer as well and it could be even better.

Avatar image for 189245455704665724390135605497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 189245455704665724390135605497
Member since 2002 • 7742 Posts
not mine but yea a decent list no less
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Orlando_Magic

and there's still plenty more undrafted artists

producer: Showbiz
rapper: Lord Finesse
rapper: Jeru the Damaja
rapper: Sadat X
rapper: A.G.

producer: Marley Marl
rapper: Melle Mel
rapper: Kool Moe Dee
rapper: Slick Rick
rapper: LL Cool J 

producer: Prince Paul
producer: Large Professor
rapper: Posdnuos
rapper: Trugoy
rapper: Dres

producer: Domino (the one from Hiero, not the one who worked with Battlecat)
rapper: Kool Keith
rapper: Aceyalone
rapper: Casual
rapper: Boots Riley

producer: Mike Dean
rapper: Devin the Dude
rapper: Pimp C
rapper: Z-Ro
rapper: Big Mike

producer: DJ Quik
producer: Battlecat
rapper: Kurupt
rapper: MC Eiht
rapper: Ras Kass

producer: Ant Banks
rapper: Too Short
rapper: E-40
rapper: Mac Dre
rapper: Spice 1

to name a few...

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#368 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

producer: Ant Banks
rapper: Too Short
rapper: E-40
rapper: Mac Dre
rapper: Spice 1

Orlando_Magic

If ITI was in this draft this would probably be his group right here, and yes it would own 

also looking at the other undrafted people i'm surprised no one selected Prince Paul as a producer, the guy is a legend

that NY Group with Jeru, A.G., Lord Finesse would be really dope as well

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 TheBigTicket21
i should have taken kool keith and slick rick instead of krs and redman

kool keith
slick rick
mos def
dangelo
ali shaheed muhammad

rape/

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 elpooz

I was really surprised that no one chose Marley... he was my 1st choice for producer after Premo went, but I just had to take Questlove after choosing Badu.

Honestly, some of the lists on here are snoozefests. Good rappers, good producers... but just boring. Some more entertainment rappers (Weezy, Kanye, etc...) would have been good choices. That's pretty much the only reason I took Weezy... there were tons of better rappers to choose, but my list wouldn't have any really entertaining people. A lot of them lacked variety too. Just the same dope, similar artists over and over again, with no artist that really brought something that would stand out. Like Wyclef and Lauryn rapping back to back is tight and all, but when you throw Weezy in there (considering he is on his rap ish... D2, C2, C1, some of C3, etc...), it just makes the track more interesting.

Anyway... Badu + Lauryn on a track together puts my label > everythang. Wyclef and Weezy wouldn't be as nice, but still pretty good. I have no idea how Weezy and Lauryn would sound :?.. Same with Weezy and Badu. But I know Lauryn and Wyclef would RAPE ?uestlove production... And Weezy could probably flow over it. I've never heard him not ride a beat well tbh...

-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts

Aljosa23 has the best group. 8)

8) 

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 TheBigTicket21

Aljosa23 has the best group. 8)

8) 

-PuLse
isn't this awkward again?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 mems_1224

I was really surprised that no one chose Marley... he was my 1st choice for producer after Premo went, but I just had to take Questlove after choosing Badu.

Honestly, some of the lists on here are snoozefests. Good rappers, good producers... but just boring. Some more entertainment rappers (Weezy, Kanye, etc...) would have been good choices. That's pretty much the only reason I took Weezy... there were tons of better rappers to choose, but my list wouldn't have any really entertaining people. A lot of them lacked variety too. Just the same dope, similar artists over and over again, with no artist that really brought something that would stand out. Like Wyclef and Lauryn rapping back to back is tight and all, but when you throw Weezy in there (considering he is on his rap ish... D2, C2, C1, some of C3, etc...), it just makes the track more interesting.

Anyway... Badu + Lauryn on a track together puts my label > everythang. Wyclef and Weezy wouldn't be as nice, but still pretty good. I have no idea how Weezy and Lauryn would sound :?.. Same with Weezy and Badu. But I know Lauryn and Wyclef would RAPE ?uestlove production... And Weezy could probably flow over it. I've never heard him not ride a beat well tbh...

elpooz

wow...you think your team is the best, what a shock :roll:

your team sucks btw

HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 HaSheeSh_basic
Man this sucks, I was really looking forward to how things would pan out here. Now, I'm not in the mood anymore...
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 elpooz
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

mems_1224

your team sucks btw

No, actually I don't. How about you go back a few pages and reread smart guy :|.

There really isn't any point to your post. Why does it suck? If you're going to just randomly proclaim something atleast put some substance in your statement.

HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 HaSheeSh_basic
who is gangstar_wana_b?
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 TheBigTicket21
who is gangstar_wana_b?HaSheeSh_basic
a clown from the jedi union
-Methtical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 -Methtical-
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

elpooz

your team sucks btw

No, actually I don't. How about you go back a few pages and reread smart guy :|.

There really isn't any point to your post. Why does it suck? If you're going to just randomly proclaim something atleast put some substance in your statement.

Your team was actually one of the ones that I thought I could beat with a team of free agents. First of all, Wayne is wack, which is a shame because he could be real if he worked with producers that would help him shine. Nothing against Questlove, but I don't think he would match up with Weezy at all, he could probably ride his beats but he wouldn't be at his best. Questlove would work well with the 2/3s of the Fugees that you have, but you have some sort of strange obsession with the Fugees leading you to think that they are a lot better than they are, so for someone that isn't you, picking Lauryn and Wyclef isn't as devastating as you think it is. Badu is ok, but nothing incredible. That's why he thinks your crew "sucks" and it wasn't a random proclaimation.
iHeartCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 iHeartCali
Member since 2008 • 6198 Posts
Man this sucks, I was really looking forward to how things would pan out here. Now, I'm not in the mood anymore...HaSheeSh_basic
word...I always thought this thing was wack from the start tbh...
HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 HaSheeSh_basic
[QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"]Man this sucks, I was really looking forward to how things would pan out here. Now, I'm not in the mood anymore...iHeartCali

lol this draft was a failure just like the last one :lol:
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 Orlando_Magic

[QUOTE="iHeartCali"][QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"]Man this sucks, I was really looking forward to how things would pan out here. Now, I'm not in the mood anymore...HaSheeSh_basic

what do expect us to do, battle them like Pokemon:P

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 elpooz
[QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

-Methtical-

your team sucks btw

Your team was actually one of the ones that I thought I could beat with a team of free agents. First of all, Wayne is wack, which is a shame because he could be real if he worked with producers that would help him shine. Nothing against Questlove, but I don't think he would match up with Weezy at all, he could probably ride his beats but he wouldn't be at his best. Questlove would work well with the 2/3s of the Fugees that you have, but you have some sort of strange obsession with the Fugees leading you to think that they are a lot better than they are, so for someone that isn't you, picking Lauryn and Wyclef isn't as devastating as you think it is. Badu is ok, but nothing incredible. That's why he thinks your crew "sucks" and it wasn't a random proclaimation.

Have you not heard The Score? Blunted on Reality? Wyclef and Lauryn are amazing together, probably of two of the artists with the best chemistry ever in Hip-Hop. Alone, they are both extremely talented rappers and good, sometimes great, lyricists. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is possibly the greatest album ever, of any genre, and I am not alone in saying that, so saying that Lauryn is nothing amazing is false. The Carnival, while not as good, is an undeniable showcase of Wyclef's vast ability. The two easily rank top percentile (if anyone cathces this reference, they get a cookie... I know methical won't because I'm almost certain he hasn't listened to enough Lauryn).

Erykah Badu is OK :|? That is laughable. Very. Baduizm is one of the best R&B joints ever and Mama's Gun is probably top 15. Then you have other dope projects from her which, while not as good, are great. Have you ever heard her over ?uestlove? CHEMISTRY. That's all I can say.... the two blend amazingly. Saying Erykah and ?uestlove on a label together isn't a good thing is just wrong.... that combo just can't go wrong (and has never done so in the past).

Wayne is there as an entertainer, simply put. He can put out music in multiple genres and sell no matter what he does. You want a gritty rap song? ok, call wayne. A catchy hook? Ok, call Wayne. A pop song? Ok call wayne. the dude can do it all. It's not a question of his quality as a rapper. The guy puts out varied music and moves units, any label needs that.

Don't go at dudes just to go at them... I really don't think your opinion on this is even valid, because it doesn't seem like you know what you're talking about or that you have even listened to enough Lauryn, Wyclef, Badu, or ?uest production (w/ badu...) to comment on my choices. Can you even give me a strong lauryn hill quote? One from Wyclef? What's your favorite Fugees song? What is it about?

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 elpooz

And I'm not acting like my label's **** don't stank. I think it's good... and that it doesn't suck. And don't speak for the dude :?... I don't even see why you're chiming in. I asked him a question, I think dude can answer for himself.

And how could Wayne get better production....? Are you being serious? Wayne albums have hot beats for days.... And the guy can turn any beat into a completely ownage song. Whether it's ?uestlove or SB... So saying he would be "Real" (w/e the **** that means) if he had better production doesn't make any sense. He gets good production, and does his beats justice. I put the dude on their for entertainment value and sales, but hell, Weezy is weezy... the guy can pull good **** out of his ass whenever he wants, no matter who he is working with.

-Methtical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 -Methtical-

How are you not acting like any of your stuff doesn't stank? You say that despite listing off why all the members in your group are the top in their respective category. And I'm not denying that 4/5ths of your squad has good chemistry, it's the relevance of the members that I'm calling into question. Lauryn is a pretty good rapper, a much better singer and I wouldn't have said anything if you had nominated her your singer since she is one of my favorites in hip hop (singer, that is). But you act like she's the female Rakim or something, which against competition of other females I guess could be right, but compared to some of these legends she doesn't even rank. Wyclef is cool and all, a good musician and he has an awesome voice, but I just don't like his music much. Badu is again OK, with you again overrating her albums because I wouldn't even give any of her albums a top 20 ranking, as far as R&B goes. I like Questlove production but hearing Wayne over it would sound a bit like when he jacking outlandish beat for one of his mixtapes and ends up not doing anything interesting. I guess if you like the beats that Wayne gets than I don't really know how to argue, because I just hear him making a fool out of himself on tracks like Phone Home and almost cringe. If you think that stuff like Got Money and Phone Home are "good ****" then I guess we just have very different tastes.He could be a very good artist if he stuck with producers that would give him beats that would really compliment his style, and be more selective with them. Oh and if I wanted a gritty verse, I don't think Wayne would be very high up on my list.

Oh and for my favorite Fugees song it is definitely "Ready or Not," which I believe is about death but I could be wrong because I haven't listened to it a whole lot. It also has my favorite Wyclef quote:

Gun blast, think fast I think I'm hit
My girl pinch's my hips to see if I still exist
I think not, I send a letter to my friends
A born again, hooligan only to be king again

As far as a Lauryn quote goes I can't really think of one off the top of my head because I'm not sure it would definitely be in a Fugees song like I was with Wyclef, so I may need a minute to think of my absolute favorite, but I'll leave you with this gem for now:

And even after all my logic and my theory, I add a mother ****** so you ignorant ******s hear me.

I like the Fugees and Lauryn I just don't like them as much you clearly do, I'm not saying they're bad. I guess I didn't need to step up for this guy, but I was merely starting conversation because this topic could be really cool if people talked about it.

And this isn't meant to be a personal attack or anything I'm just discussing my opinion of your squad.

EDIT: I haven't listened to enough Lauryn to know what song that two percentile reference is from, but all I can remember is her comparing herself to gamma rays in next line or something.

HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 HaSheeSh_basic

[QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"][QUOTE="iHeartCali"][QUOTE="HaSheeSh_basic"]Man this sucks, I was really looking forward to how things would pan out here. Now, I'm not in the mood anymore...Orlando_Magic

what do expect us to do, battle them like Pokemon:P

yes i do actually...isn't that the point?
Avatar image for orangegroveog22
orangegroveog22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 orangegroveog22
Member since 2004 • 6527 Posts
To even wonder what Badu and Wayne would sound like is to strip any sort of dignity Erykah has.