Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV Official Discussion Thread (Disses Jay-Z On LP)

• 168 results
kobegill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kobegill
Member since 2003 • 22231 Posts

1. Tune This
2. Team Player - feat. Birdman
3. Fore Play
4. They Love Me - feat. Drake & Nicki Minaj
5. John (If I Die Today) - feat. Rick Ross
6. No Competition
7. Holy Grail (History) - feat. Kanye West
8. Carter Cash - feat. Jay-Z
9. 6 Foot 7 Foot - feat. Corey Gunz
10. Play My Game - feat. Tech N9ne
11. Anne - feat. Swizz Beatz
12. Street Life
13. Hard Talk - feat. Bon Iver & Game
14. Fall From Grace - feat. Eminem
15. Brain Dead - feat. Gucci Mane
16. No Trust
17. Maybe She Will - feat. Drake & Rick Ross

This is the first tracklisting for, "Tha Carter IV," to hit the net. Of course it is not confirmed and even if it was real it could change. Do you think Jay-Z would be on, "Tha Carter IV"?

via Soulja

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Isn't Anne that stupid song Swizz said was like a sequel to Stan? Ughhhh
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
too many features.
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
the song with Em will probably be dope
Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts
Sounds awesome!
djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 djwestwood
Member since 2005 • 1260 Posts
Doubt it's real.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Dope tracklist if it's real. Some guests should be taken off though... I'd get rid of Swizzy and a few others.

That track with Rick Ross was pretty bland imo... pretty big waste of a Ross feature, could have been so much more with him. 

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts

Dope tracklist if it's real. Some guests should be taken off though... I'd get rid of Swizzy and a few others.

That track with Rick Ross was pretty bland imo... pretty big waste of a Ross feature, could have been so much more with him. 

elpooz

word on the ross comments.

i wanna see gucci and weezy. that will be dope! 

thahomiene5tle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thahomiene5tle
Member since 2009 • 302 Posts
I really hope that Tech N9ne track doesn't end up getting released.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
the song with Em will probably be dopeApocalypse33
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

Isn't Anne that stupid song Swizz said was like a sequel to Stan? UghhhhToriko42

Haha, that would be hilarious if so.  Chances are I won't even give this album a listen, crap like "6'7'" has just been annoying and I haven't been able to listen to Wayne in years.

Black-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Black-Demon
Member since 2003 • 28177 Posts
Looks like this album will only be dope because of the guest features and production. Wayne is in the same exact category as Ross right now lmfao.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elpooz

Looks like this album will only be dope because of the guest features and production. Wayne is in the same exact category as Ross right now lmfao.Black-Demon

What lol? Wayne doesn't even do that whole heavy guest feature thing so this probably isn't even real...

I'm pretty sure that like 4-5 of those guest appearances aren't real.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="Black-Demon"]Looks like this album will only be dope because of the guest features and production. Wayne is in the same exact category as Ross right now lmfao.elpooz

What lol? Wayne doesn't even do that whole heavy guest feature thing so this probably isn't even real...

Take another look at the TC3 tracklist.

It's not that far off when it comes to the amount of features. 

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elpooz
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="Black-Demon"]Looks like this album will only be dope because of the guest features and production. Wayne is in the same exact category as Ross right now lmfao.JML897

Only like 3 songs have people with verses on them. Having someone sing your hook is way different than someone having a whole verse or multiple people having whole verses on a song. Like 2/5 of Teflon Don was made up of verses from other people, plus basically all hooks by other people. C3 is pretty much all Weezy on the verses + he does more hooks by himself than Ross. Really, there's no comparison to be made between them lol. C2 and C1 have even less guests and basically only Weezy rapping on them and like 1/4 of the songs having hooks from other people...  DTR and Trilla had less guests than Teflon Don but still quite a few. Weezy being in the same category as Rick Ross = lolwut?

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I think it'd be pretty cool if Lil Wayne caught Typhus
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="Black-Demon"]Looks like this album will only be dope because of the guest features and production. Wayne is in the same exact category as Ross right now lmfao.elpooz

Only like 3 songs have people with verses on them. Having someone sing your hook is way different than someone having a whole verse or multiple people having whole verses on a song. Like 2/5 of Teflon Don was made up of verses from other people, plus basically all hooks by other people. C3 is pretty much all Weezy on the verses + he does more hooks by himself than Ross. Really, there's no comparison to be made between them lol. C2 and C1 have even less guests and basically only Weezy rapping on them and like 1/4 of the songs having hooks from other people...  DTR and Trilla had less guests than Teflon Don but still quite a few. Weezy being in the same category as Rick Ross = lolwut?

you're right, Ross makes better music
Black-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Black-Demon
Member since 2003 • 28177 Posts

I'm pretty sure that like 4-5 of those guest appearances aren't real.

NAWWWWWWWW,really?

kobegill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kobegill

Cover for Weezy's CarterIV

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JML897

That's....interesting.

Almost looks like it could be an Odd Future cover. 

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
too similar to the concept of the Carter III album cover but whatever
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

That's....interesting.

Almost looks like it could be an Odd Future cover.

JML897

Yea, just add some face deformation and it's all good.

I'll probably check this out, but like the last few Lil Wayne albums I'm not buying or looking forward to it.

DaDukies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaDukies
Member since 2003 • 5668 Posts
too similar to the concept of the Carter III album cover but whateverOrlando_Magic
thats what i'm thinking...might as well name the album Tha Carter III 2 :?
nutDAVE3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 nutDAVE3
Member since 2003 • 18277 Posts

That album art is ridiculously awesome.

I would place large amounts of money on both the tracklist and album art being inaccurate, though.  Remember Tha Carter III "leaks", anyone?

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djwestwood
If it's the real artwork then Wayne getting lazy/sloppy.. so much for that killer work ethic everyone talks about. Di
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]too similar to the concept of the Carter III album cover but whateverDaDukies
thats what i'm thinking...might as well name the album Tha Carter III 2 :?

Well I mean it is a sequel to Tha Carter III lol
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 elpooz

If it's the real artwork then Wayne getting lazy/sloppy.. so much for that killer work ethic everyone talks about. Didjwestwood

Lol Weezy doesn't have great work ethic because his C4 album cover is similar to his C3 one........? :|

People will do ANYTHING to hate on dude, it's just ridiculous. Weezy haters are worse than the 15 year old girls who call him the best musician ever.  

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elpooz

Just look at some of the comments from the link MK posted... 

"If u are anticipated ah lil wayne album then u don't know what real hip hop is cuz dat ***** is hot garbage….kinda of shame how young ***** look up to this ****** and he's being regarded as one of the best rappers alive"  

and real hip hop would be....?  

"gonna have a few dope tracks and get bumped for a little while and then is gonna be forgettable in a years time andrarely gone back to like carter 3." 

in serious denial or has been living under a rock... or two.   

"I will go to the nearest CD store when this dropps, and i will spit on every Lil wayne CD, im deadly serious.."  

nutDAVE3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 nutDAVE3
Member since 2003 • 18277 Posts
[QUOTE="nutDAVE3"]

That album art is ridiculously awesome.

I would place large amounts of money on both the tracklist and album art being inaccurate, though.  Remember Tha Carter III "leaks", anyone?

Mkavanaugh77

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/04/22/lil-waynes-tha-carter-iv-gets-new-release- 

I'm always weary about third-party sites saying something is official.  I could go on my website, do the same thing, label the aritcle "EXCLUSIVE" and say I talked to "inside exclusive industry sources" and have the same effect.

We've seen a similar thing happen a million times for big albums: Food & Liquor, Tha Carter III, and Thank Me Later come immediately to mind.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JML897

Just look at some of the comments from the link MK posted... 

"If u are anticipated ah lil wayne album then u don't know what real hip hop is cuz dat ***** is hot garbage….kinda of shame how young ***** look up to this ****** and he's being regarded as one of the best rappers alive"  

and real hip hop would be....?  

"gonna have a few dope tracks and get bumped for a little while and then is gonna be forgettable in a years time andrarely gone back to like carter 3." 

in serious denial or has been living under a rock... or two.   

"I will go to the nearest CD store when this dropps, and i will spit on every Lil wayne CD, im deadly serious.."  

elpooz

I sortof agree with the second quote, I haven't gone back to Carter 3 in a while (I didn't like it all that much in the first place). 

The guys who wrote the first and third comments are probably 13 year olds who think it's cool to hate anything mainstream. 

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toriko42
I listen to Tha Carter III on a weekly basis, that album has really good replay value
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 elpooz

I listen to Tha Carter III on a weekly basis, that album has really good replay valueToriko42

This. Could name like 10+ people I know that would say the same. I listen C2 weekly too probably, and C1 pretty often as well. If someone honestly thinks that C3 isn't going to go down as a big album or be listened to years down the line, they were probably hidden somewhere the summer it came out or don't know how many fans Weezy has. 

It's true that a lot of people hate on mainstream artists in general, but he gets it the worst imo. 

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 djwestwood

[QUOTE="djwestwood"]If it's the real artwork then Wayne getting lazy/sloppy.. so much for that killer work ethic everyone talks about. Dielpooz

Lol Weezy doesn't have great work ethic because his C4 album cover is similar to his C3 one........? :|

People will do ANYTHING to hate on dude, it's just ridiculous. Weezy haters are worse than the 15 year old girls who call him the best musician ever.  

Yup, pretty much. I'm not hating, if he's as hard-working as he everyone makes out, he needs to live up to it. It looks like he put less than 3 minutes of thought into that cover, if it is real. It's not just because it looks similar to C3's cover, it's cos it looks similar to Biggie's and Nas'. The whole baby on the cover thing has been overdone. It's just my opinion...

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 elpooz
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="djwestwood"]If it's the real artwork then Wayne getting lazy/sloppy.. so much for that killer work ethic everyone talks about. Didjwestwood

Yup, pretty much. I'm not hating, if he's as hard-working as he everyone makes out, he needs to live up to it. It looks like he put less than 3 minutes of thought into that cover, if it is real. It's not just because it looks similar to C3's cover, it's cos it looks similar to Biggie's and Nas'. The whole baby on the cover thing has been overdone. It's just my opinion...

Cool, you're entitled to your opinion. Don't care about that. It's your logic that's bothersome. Cover art that you think is unoriginal or didn't have a lot of effort put in to it (which you don't know at all unless you're an undercover YM exec) = wayne has no work ethic, in your mind. That is just faulty. So, that = no work ethic. But, putting out tons of songs, being featured on tons of songs, releasing mixtapes and albums left and right, and so on don't mean anything about work ethic......? It's a freaking cover... Wayne is the most active musician alive, and was throughout the mid-late 2000s, period. This is the level of Weezy haters ^... "Omg, no effort in his new album's cover art? DUDE HAS NO WORK ETHIC, I'LL UNDERMIND EVERYTHING HE DOES MUSICALLY AND JUST LOOK AT THIS." Don't even know how you can try to justify an argument like that :lol:

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 djwestwood
[QUOTE="djwestwood"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="djwestwood"]If it's the real artwork then Wayne getting lazy/sloppy.. so much for that killer work ethic everyone talks about. Dielpooz

Cool, you're entitled to your opinion. Don't care about that. It's your logic that's bothersome. Cover art that you think is unoriginal or didn't have a lot of effort put in to it (which you don't know at all unless you're an undercover YM exec) = wayne has no work ethic, in your mind. That is just faulty. So, that = no work ethic. But, putting out tons of songs, being featured on tons of songs, releasing mixtapes and albums left and right, and so on don't mean anything about work ethic......? It's a freaking cover... Wayne is the most active musician alive, and was throughout the mid-late 2000s, period. This is the level of Weezy haters ^... "Omg, no effort in his new album's cover art? DUDE HAS NO WORK ETHIC, I'LL UNDERMIND EVERYTHING HE DOES MUSICALLY AND JUST LOOK AT THIS." Don't even know how you can try to justify an argument like that :lol:

Okay, dude...

Firstly, I didn't say he has no work ethic - not once. I understand that he puts out material (more often than not) non-stop. I'm saying, compared to what those close to him say and what he himself boasts about his productivity, with the idea behind the cover art being as stale and over done as it is.

Secondly, I don't think the interpretation of 'work ethic' should be solely viewed in terms of output. Rather my interpretation of work effort (obviously contrary to yours) is that the level of quality of output should be regarded also. Wayne puts A LOT of garbage and I know that's subjective but a lot of people will agree with me. If he's as hard working as his stans (i.e you) say he is, he'd put more effort into perfecting his songs rather than what looks like him trying to put out as much as possible regardless of whether it sounds good... All he's doing is oversaturating his music.

Thirdly, this >> "Wayne is the most active musician alive, and was throughout the mid-late 2000s, period". I don't believe you have enough knowledge about other genres of music to make that statement. Period. You don't know every single musician alive. Also, even if he's putting out the most, doesn't mean he's making the most music. A lot of artists/producers only put out the good stuff.

I'm not "UNDERMINING" what he does musically, he does a lot. A lot more than other rappers. However, I don't think he invests enough time developing the product that is his album as a whole. I'm going to use Kanye as an example of an artist who IN MY OPINION appears to be putting in more effort, time and dedication when it comes to the delivering the best product he possible can. Take his last album, he didn't just give one album cover, he gave 5 unique covers, distinguishing it from all over album covers within the same genre.

Anyway, I'm done here.. I'm not hating or disputing/undermining Wayne's work ethic. I'm just saying his alleged machine-like output bears no significance to the quality of the overall product he's delivering. Even look at that single with Rick Ross, it's basically a re-hash of one of Ross' songs! Enough said....

DaDukies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaDukies
Member since 2003 • 5668 Posts
[QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="djwestwood"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="djwestwood"]If it's the real artwork then Wayne getting lazy/sloppy.. so much for that killer work ethic everyone talks about. Didjwestwood

Okay, dude...

Firstly, I didn't say he has no work ethic - not once. I understand that he puts out material (more often than not) non-stop. I'm saying, compared to what those close to him say and what he himself boasts about his productivity, with the idea behind the cover art being as stale and over done as it is.

Secondly, I don't think the interpretation of 'work ethic' should be solely viewed in terms of output. Rather my interpretation of work effort (obviously contrary to yours) is that the level of quality of output should be regarded also. Wayne puts A LOT of garbage and I know that's subjective but a lot of people will agree with me. If he's as hard working as his stans (i.e you) say he is, he'd put more effort into perfecting his songs rather than what looks like him trying to put out as much as possible regardless of whether it sounds good... All he's doing is oversaturating his music.

Thirdly, this >> "Wayne is the most active musician alive, and was throughout the mid-late 2000s, period". I don't believe you have enough knowledge about other genres of music to make that statement. Period. You don't know every single musician alive. Also, even if he's putting out the most, doesn't mean he's making the most music. A lot of artists/producers only put out the good stuff.

I'm not "UNDERMINING" what he does musically, he does a lot. A lot more than other rappers. However, I don't think he invests enough time developing the product that is his album as a whole. I'm going to use Kanye as an example of an artist who IN MY OPINION appears to be putting in more effort, time and dedication when it comes to the delivering the best product he possible can. Take his last album, he didn't just give one album cover, he gave 5 unique covers, distinguishing it from all over album covers within the same genre.

Anyway, I'm done here.. I'm not hating or disputing/undermining Wayne's work ethic. I'm just saying his alleged machine-like output bears no significance to the quality of the overall product he's delivering. Even look at that single with Rick Ross, it's basically a re-hash of one of Ross' songs! Enough said....

well said, i agree with all of this just because you put out a bunch of songs doesn't mean youre the hardest working man in music. there are a TON of artists who make just as much music as wayne does, they just don't put all of it out because they want to deliver the best product possible
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Toriko42
Man original cover art is rare these days lol and who cares I listen to music not the cover
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Orlando_Magic

coming out in 2125

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elpooz

Okay, dude...

djwestwood

"Wayne puts A LOT of garbage and I know that's subjective but a lot of people will agree with me. If he's as hard working as his stans (i.e you) say he is, he'd put more effort into perfecting his songs rather than what looks like him trying to put out as much as possible regardless of whether it sounds good... All he's doing is oversaturating his music."

By YOUR standard. Wayne sells very, very well. A LOT of people enjoy his music and think the copious amounts of it he puts out are of quality. Just because YOU think it is garbage doesn't mean that in the eyes of him and his fans, it is garbage and stuff that he's barely trying on and barely trying to perfect. Maybe to him perfect is simple lyrics, funny punchlines and an amazing flow...? Obviously a lot of people agree with what he thinks music should sound like. He wouldn't have gone Gold in a day if that wasn't the case. Is he supposed to abandon his fans and be like "man these dudes on OTB don't like my ish, I should change it up just for them... forget what the millions and millions of people that love my music think." ? That would make no sense at all. You can call it oversaturating but TONS of people would argue that Weezy had a run where he dropped nothing but dope music, and many would argue that he's still on that run. There are more people that would agree with that than people who would agree with you lol.

"Thirdly, this >> "Wayne is the most active musician alive, and was throughout the mid-late 2000s, period". I don't believe you have enough knowledge about other genres of music to make that statement. Period. You don't know every single musician alive. Also, even if he's putting out the most, doesn't mean he's making the most music. A lot of artists/producers only put out the good stuff."

This argument is like saying "Oh Kobe/Lebron aren't the best basketball players in the world, there could be less known dudes not playing professional who are much better." Weak, weak argument. In mainstream music, that statement about Weezy is true. Active isn't recording tons of ish and holding on to it, active is actually putting that music out there. You can say "oh well maybe Rapper A or Artist B has this many unreleased songs" but how do you know? You don't. With Weezy, you KNOW he's put out a ridiculous amount of music. Until someone else drops as much stuff as him in the mainstream, he is the most active, period. I don't care about what's hidden away some where. 

"I'm not "UNDERMINING" what he does musically, he does a lot. A lot more than other rappers. However, I don't think he invests enough time developing the product that is his album as a whole. I'm going to use Kanye as an example of an artist who IN MY OPINION appears to be putting in more effort, time and dedication when it comes to the delivering the best product he possible can. Take his last album, he didn't just give one album cover, he gave 5 unique covers, distinguishing it from all over album covers within the same genre."

How do you know that? He's stated many times that he is a perfectionist. Just because YOU like Kanye's work more than Weezy's doesn't mean Weezy doesn't spend as much time with his music as Kanye before releasing it. Also Weezy is heavily a mixtape rapper, Kanye is not AT ALL. Obviously mixtapes are moved out quicker, because they are mixtapes. But when it comes to albums... just look at how long C3's release took and try to tell me he doesn't spend time fine tuning his ish. Or the time between C2 and C1... or how long it has been since C3, and how long it will have been by the time C4 drops.

Stop buggin' over album covers... it's an album cover. I buy music to listen to it, not to look at it. If it looks nice, cool, if not, who the **** cares :|? I'd rather have Weezy put time into his music than 5 different album covers.......

Anyone who thinks that Weezy = Rick Ross is crazy. Just a joke, honestly. 

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 elpooz

Just wanted to add that Wayne may have bad music out there, to some people, but of EVERYTHING he has put out there are most likely more Wayne records you'd rather listen to than Kanye ones.

What does Wayne have that I like a lot? Da Drought 3, Carter 3 Sessions, C1, C2, C3, Dedication, Dedication 2, No Ceilings, Suffix, Prefix. What about Kanye? MBDTF, College Dropout, Graduation. Late Registration was good, but not something I bump much at all. 10 discs to 3 discs, probably even forgetting some Weezy ones...

Guest features? I can think of COUNTLESS weezy ones that I love, but can hardly think of 4 Kanye ones.

More can = better in some ways. If you put out 1000 songs, and 500 are bad, 500 are still good... Kanye can put out 300 and have all 300 be good, but still not have as many good songs.  

X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts

"Wayne puts A LOT of garbage and I know that's subjective but a lot of people will agree with me. If he's as hard working as his stans (i.e you) say he is, he'd put more effort into perfecting his songs rather than what looks like him trying to put out as much as possible regardless of whether it sounds good... All he's doing is oversaturating his music."

By YOUR standard. Wayne sells very, very well. A LOT of people enjoy his music and think the copious amounts of it he puts out are of quality. Just because YOU think it is garbage doesn't mean that in the eyes of him and his fans, it is garbage and stuff that he's barely trying on and barely trying to perfect. Maybe to him perfect is simple lyrics, funny punchlines and an amazing flow...? Obviously a lot of people agree with what he thinks music should sound like. He wouldn't have gone Gold in a day if that wasn't the case. Is he supposed to abandon his fans and be like "man these dudes on OTB don't like my ish, I should change it up just for them... forget what the millions and millions of people that love my music think." ? That would make no sense at all. You can call it oversaturating but TONS of people would argue that Weezy had a run where he dropped nothing but dope music, and many would argue that he's still on that run. There are more people that would agree with that than people who would agree with you lol.

"Thirdly, this >> "Wayne is the most active musician alive, and was throughout the mid-late 2000s, period". I don't believe you have enough knowledge about other genres of music to make that statement. Period. You don't know every single musician alive. Also, even if he's putting out the most, doesn't mean he's making the most music. A lot of artists/producers only put out the good stuff."

This argument is like saying "Oh Kobe/Lebron aren't the best basketball players in the world, there could be less known dudes not playing professional who are much better." Weak, weak argument. In mainstream music, that statement about Weezy is true. Active isn't recording tons of ish and holding on to it, active is actually putting that music out there. You can say "oh well maybe Rapper A or Artist B has this many unreleased songs" but how do you know? You don't. With Weezy, you KNOW he's put out a ridiculous amount of music. Until someone else drops as much stuff as him in the mainstream, he is the most active, period. I don't care about what's hidden away some where. 

"I'm not "UNDERMINING" what he does musically, he does a lot. A lot more than other rappers. However, I don't think he invests enough time developing the product that is his album as a whole. I'm going to use Kanye as an example of an artist who IN MY OPINION appears to be putting in more effort, time and dedication when it comes to the delivering the best product he possible can. Take his last album, he didn't just give one album cover, he gave 5 unique covers, distinguishing it from all over album covers within the same genre."

How do you know that? He's stated many times that he is a perfectionist. Just because YOU like Kanye's work more than Weezy's doesn't mean Weezy doesn't spend as much time with his music as Kanye before releasing it. Also Weezy is heavily a mixtape rapper, Kanye is not AT ALL. Obviously mixtapes are moved out quicker, because they are mixtapes. But when it comes to albums... just look at how long C3's release took and try to tell me he doesn't spend time fine tuning his ish. Or the time between C2 and C1... or how long it has been since C3, and how long it will have been by the time C4 drops.

Stop buggin' over album covers... it's an album cover. I buy music to listen to it, not to look at it. If it looks nice, cool, if not, who the **** cares :|? I'd rather have Weezy put time into his music than 5 different album covers.......

elpooz

Ari Gold is not amused... with Carter 4

Sorry I just had too :P

I do agree though, the music is there to listen too not stare at the cover. So many wack albums with mega dope art and the other way around. Just take the cover for the Meth, Ghost & Raekwon album it was awesome but the album sucked.

Oh and the cover for Carter 3 was way more terrible than the one they have shown for Carter 4, if anything the cover for C4 is an improvement lol.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Orlando_Magic

I care about album covers to an extent, and obviously like good album covers, but the music is ultimately what matters the most. Album art is just a supplement to the overall package and presentation.

It's not even like these musicians are the ones making their album covers (though in some cases they are, Teebs' Ardour comes to mind), they have artists doing that for them. It's really got nothing to do with the musician's creativity at all. See the artwork of Cosmogramma.

Dunno why you guys spent 15 paragraphs arguing about all this lol.

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 djwestwood
[QUOTE="djwestwood"]

Okay, dude...

elpooz

Dude, you've been catching feelings ever since I stated my opinion about his album cover, yet you insist I'm the one 'buggin'. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE ALBUM COVER. I gave my opinion on it. Deal with it! Stop whining.

I never said the quality of his music corresponds in anyway to the originality of the album cover... so stop trying to make it as if I did. I never said, 'don't buy his album because his cover is poor'. So you don't have to fret.

No-one knows how long ANY rapper spends making their album/mixtape etc unless you're with them 24/7. Maybe he does put in a lot of time and hard-work, maybe he doesn't. All we can do is comment based on the quality of their music, or whatever the product is (video, cover, packaging etc). It's just subjective. 

With regards to the Rick Ross thing. You need to sharpen your comprehension skills if you think I said 'Weezy = Rick Ross'. I said that song (If I Die Today?) that's apparently on C4 IS a re-hash of his one of Ross' songs not because Wayne is Ross, but because he's recites A LOT of the lyrics from Ross' song. Too much IMO. End of.

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 djwestwood

I care about album covers to an extent, and obviously like good album covers, but the music is ultimately what matters the most. Album art is just a supplement to the overall package and presentation.

It's not even like these musicians are the ones making their album covers (though in some cases they are, Teebs' Ardour comes to mind), they have artists doing that for them. It's really got nothing to do with the musician's creativity at all. See the artwork of Cosmogramma.

Dunno why you guys spent 15 paragraphs arguing about all this lol.

Orlando_Magic

Neither do I. My initial comment wasn't intended as bait for anyone :)

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 elpooz

Lmao, here's the ****c "you're catching feelings... stop whining" BS statement. It's a forum, no one is getting heated lol.

It's just subjective = cop out. No duh, everyone knows that, but subjectivity is the basis of the majority debates/arguments/whatever you wanna call it in the world. Should we just be like "Oh you think that, but I think this, hmmm, okay, let's drop the subject and not argue for what we think." ? No, that's lame. You think something about Weezy, the time he puts in, the quality of his music and so on, and I think things that conflict with what you think, so you are arguing what you have to argue and I'm arguing what I have to argue. Just the way the world is... No one is getting upset, so don't fall back on an ad hominem like that. 

The Rick Ross thing was a general statement, not in response to your post.  

You can't deny that your original post was just ridiculous. You DID question his work ethic because of an album cover, which Orlando has now mentioned may not even be something artist's really decide/work on. Even if it was something Weezy worked on solely by himself, your original post on the album cover and its relation to his work ethic was just nonsense.

kobegill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kobegill

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.14722/title.lil-wayne-anne-prod-swizz-beatz-snippet

Lil Wayne

"Anne [Prod. Swizz Beatz] (Snippet)"

Smallest clip ever but DDotOmen gets the 30 second-advantage on the new 'Carter IV' track.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.14722/title.lil-wayne-anne-prod-swizz-beatz-snippet

Lil Wayne

"Anne [Prod. Swizz Beatz] (Snippet)"

Smallest clip ever but DDotOmen gets the 30 second-advantage on the new 'Carter IV' track.

kobegill

Not the smallest clip ever, but possibly the worst sound quality ever.