zleda twilight princess WTF is so good about it

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jezz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jezz555
Member since 2007 • 939 Posts
alright no offense to any hardcore fans of the zelda seires but everyone tells me ZTP is like the best game ever and it might be i only played a bit into the first level at a frends house but like wats so uber about it? or is it just a fan thing...
andrew_lynch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 andrew_lynch
Member since 2004 • 111 Posts
Exactly. You played the first bit.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

Okay...first of all Twilight Princess is very under rated, and second of all its one of the greatest games of all time(in my opinion)

by zelda stadnards it is a let down though, so we have to wait until next year(zelda 08,dont ask for a source, i dont have one) for a game that lives up to OoT. It's like the mario thing. N64 game owns, gamecube one is good but fails by comparison, wii one sets new gaming standard and blows away the world.

I cant wait for the next zelda game, even zelda's failures are better than most games.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
Good job, you judged a game just by playing a few minutes of it.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
Play it for a while longer and you will discover.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

Okay...first of all Twilight Princess is very under rated, and second of all its one of the greatest games of all time(in my opinion)

by zelda stadnards it is a let down though, so we have to wait until next year(zelda 08,dont ask for a source, i dont have one) for a game that lives up to OoT. It's like the mario thing. N64 game owns, gamecube one is good but fails by comparison, wii one sets new gaming standard and blows away the world.

I cant wait for the next zelda game, even zelda's failures are better than most games.

blingchu55

I don't know what these 'zelda standards' are, but for me, zelda is the best zelda. Also, 2008 for Zelda Wii seems too early.

xblane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 xblane
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts

One of the things I really like about the Zelda games (although I've only played Ocarina, Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess) is the way that you get to experience such a large, rich and diverse world. You get to go on a journey with Link and help save the day. As always with Zelda, you need to use your brain which may be a drawback for some who just want to frag, (which I can relate to).

I loved the ability to swing the sword and hear the sound effectsoutof theWii remote (despite what the GameSpot review says). The controls I found were easy and natural and of course there is always the struggle between good and evil, dark vs light, which is essential to any classic (not just games), eg Lord of the Rings.

They game probably does mean alot more to those who have grown up on Zelda, but, I think you'll find, if you keep playing, you'll start to understand.

B.

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blingchu55
[QUOTE="blingchu55"]

Optusnet

I don't know what these 'zelda standards' are, but for me, zelda is the best zelda. Also, 2008 for Zelda Wii seems too early.

Most high profile games are compared to other games of the same franchise. Zelda standards are the highest of all video game standards because it has both OoT and ALttP. Both of these were way beyond their time and are better than most games out today. Because of this Twilight Princess, while being a fantastic game, was regarded as a total let down. Same with sunshine.

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blingchu55

And despite what some people say the controls are perfect. Really, they are better than those of Metroid Prime 3.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
The beginning of the game isn't anything special. The more you play the better it gets, and if you didn't make it to at least the 2nd temple, there is a very good reason for you not liking it. The 2nd temple is really where the game gets interesting.
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
the first part ofzelda:tp is boring and that is the only boring part about the game .. man we should be talking about mario G because that's the best game of the year...
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
The Gamecube version was good, but it should have launched on time in 2005. They delayed the Gamecube game to make that crappy Wii port with no graphical improvements, lame motion controls, , horrible camera control, no added content, no voice overs, no orchestrated music, and no online. The Wii should get a real Zelda by 2008. They have been working on it for years, now.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blingchu55

The Gamecube version was good, but it should have launched on time in 2005. They delayed the Gamecube game to make that crappy Wii port with no graphical improvements, lame motion controls, no added content, no voice overs, no orchestrated music, and no online. The Wii should get a real Zelda by 2008. They have been working on it for years, now. santiagochile

FOR THE LAST TIME, ZELDA 08 IS CONFIRMED. IT HAS BEEN IN THE WORKS FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Optusnet

[QUOTE="santiagochile"]The Gamecube version was good, but it should have launched on time in 2005. They delayed the Gamecube game to make that crappy Wii port with no graphical improvements, lame motion controls, no added content, no voice overs, no orchestrated music, and no online. The Wii should get a real Zelda by 2008. They have been working on it for years, now. blingchu55

FOR THE LAST TIME, ZELDA 08 IS CONFIRMED. IT HAS BEEN IN THE WORKS FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS.

No, it's not. Anouma hadn't even finalised the settingthat Zelda would be based inback at E3. He hadn't even confirmed gameplay details other than 'deeper controls'. Zelda Wii is confirmed, but it won't be out for another 2 years at least.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Optusnet
[QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="blingchu55"]

blingchu55

Most high profile games are compared to other games of the same franchise. Zelda standards are the highest of all video game standards because it has both OoT and ALttP. Both of these were way beyond their time and are better than most games out today. Because of this Twilight Princess, while being a fantastic game, was regarded as a total let down. Same with sunshine.

Hmmm, very opinionated they seem. I find Oot hasn't aged all that well in my head and TP blows it out of the water. I'm sure those Zeldas were absolutely fantastic for their time though....

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 santiagochile

blingchu55

Really? You mean that YOU confirmed it. Do you work for Nintendo? I haven't seen anything. Show us some evidence.

RickWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RickWarrior
Member since 2003 • 423 Posts
I've played all zelda games and TP was by far the worst. The music was bad, it had the cliche light/darkworld theme, and it was actually boring most of the time. It seemed hashed together frankly. What happened to the guy made of wood in the trailer? This story hardly links anything to the WindWanker as it was supposed to. It was another boring hero story using the same characters. But it's a zelda game, and it deserved the 8.5. Nothing more.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Once you get into it, it gets a lot better.

But a lot of the good stuff is the amount of fan service.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#21 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts
Twilight Princess does not surpass Ocarina of Time nor does it even surpass Windwaker in my opinion. The Wii version feels like a Gamecube game with tacked on Wii-controls. I expect (if there will be one) the next Zelda exclusive for Wii to feel more like a Wii game since it will be built from the ground up on the Wii. Twilight Princess is pretty awesome though. The fetch missions of the game were tiring. Being the wolf was very disappointing, and most of all the game was much much too easy. Still, great game that clicks mostly on all cylinders.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Mmmm, play more maybe? I mean everyone thought Windwaker was gonna be bad, till they picked up the controller.
Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
once you get into it you'll get why, i only played the origional zelda before this but i stlii think its the best wii game not sure about best game of all time though
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Honestly for me it took a while to get into Twilight Princess. Not long at all, but there was a large amount of hand holding for longer than I remember in any other Zelda game I've played. From having to herd goats, to massaging your girlfriends over the top emotional insecurities, to showing young children how to use a slingshot and play with a wooden sword...and then you turn into a dog and the gameplay is halten seemingly every thirty seconds by Midna pointing out to you things that would be considerably more enjoyable figuring out yourself.

But once I got my first sword and shield and turned back into a human and was finally allowed to actually play Zelda as I knew Zelda games to be...I loved it! The battling and the dungeons and the exploration all seemed near perfect. The music was also really good and the game in general was all around highly enjoyable. If I foolishly based my feelings about Twilight Princess solely on my first 45 minutes of gameplay, I would have missed out on one of the best gaming adventures I'd ever played.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 santiagochile

Twilight Princess does not surpass Ocarina of Time nor does it even surpass Windwaker in my opinion. The Wii version feels like a Gamecube game with tacked on Wii-controls. The_Deepblue

That's EXACTLY what Twilight Princess was. They rushed out a cheap Gamecube port with no improvements for the Wii. The game was also too easy so that soccer moms and infants could play it. The graphics in some places were just rotten. This wasn't a Wii game, so I played the real Gamecube version, which had better camera control, and was the exact same game minus the lame motion controls.

Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#26 Akel777
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
I liked it, but personally I think it's overrated mainly because it isn't very groundbreaking. I wish Link had more weapons.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

And despite what some people say the controls are perfect. Really, they are better than those of Metroid Prime 3.

blingchu55
I desagree. MP3 controls are immersive and more intuitive. You have to waggle to swing the sword and aiming controls aren't as good as MP3.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Anyways, back to Twilight Princess, (yes i beat the game), it's only an average game IMO. I don't know why people think this is one of the greatest games of all time. A Link to the Past and Ocarina of time are easily better than TP.

However, besides Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess is currently the top rated Wii game out yet. It is a fantastic game, just cannot be claimed the best Zelda of all time.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#29 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Still, TP is easily the lenghiest Zelda adventure yet. I'll give that much.

Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Deepblue"]Twilight Princess does not surpass Ocarina of Time nor does it even surpass Windwaker in my opinion. The Wii version feels like a Gamecube game with tacked on Wii-controls. santiagochile

That's EXACTLY what Twilight Princess was. They rushed out a cheap Gamecube port with no improvements for the Wii. The game was also too easy so that soccer moms and infants could play it. The graphics in some places were just rotten. This wasn't a Wii game, so I played the real Gamecube version, which had better camera control, and was the exact same game minus the lame motion controls.

I'm sorry, but the Wii version had superior aiming with the wii-mote, and swinging the sword worked just as good as using buttons. Using the Wii-mote just added so much more immersion to the whole experience. The only downside is the camera controls....
ScarecrowBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ScarecrowBirdy
Member since 2005 • 294 Posts
[QUOTE="blingchu55"]

m_machine024

I desagree. MP3 controls are immersive and more intuitive. You have to waggle to swing the sword and aiming controls aren't as good as MP3.

I'm with m_machine024. Prime 3's controls were better than Twilight Princess's. I was surprised at how inconsistent TP's sword swinging was, but I didn't find any problems with Prime 3's movement or aiming.

And as far as Twilight Princess being compared to Ocarina-- Ocarina laid the foundation (a freaking solid foundation, I might add), and Twilight Princess did little to expand on that foundation. I don't want to mislead all of you, though... The Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game franchise, and Twilight Princess fits nicely into its legacy.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

blingchu55

SAID 100% TRUE

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 santiagochile

I'm sorry, but the Wii version had superior aiming with the wii-mote, and swinging the sword worked just as good as using buttons. Using the Wii-mote just added so much more immersion to the whole experience. The only downside is the camera controls....ColonialMustard

The sword swinging was a cheap gimmick. They delayed the gamecube version over a year for that garbage?!?! The aiming was used so little in the game that it wasn't necessary. The wii sword was a joke, the buttons were better. Face it, the Gamecube version is far superior and there is no Zelda Wii available, just that cheap port. The graphics for a Gamecube game were good, but for the Wii they were crappy. Nintendo just wanted to make a quick buck, and put almost no effort into the Wii port. Let's hope the next Zelda is a lot, I mean a lot, better than Twilight Princess. If you read some of the reviews od Soulcalibur legends, you'll read about a game where you swing the wiimote to the left and the character swings his sword to the left, etc. Compared to that the wiimore controls in Zelda were absolute garbage.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

You'll definitely have to play more of the game to get to see it really shine. I was kind of dissapointed in it at first and then I finished the first wolf part. Once you come back as Link after that the game is amazingly fun the rest of the way through. One of the great things for me is I wasn't expecting OoT (my favorite game ever)... I was just expecting a fun Zelda game, and they delivered. The controls were somewhat weak, but it was still incredibly fun. Any game that can overcome something like that has to be amazing.

To me SMG was the real dissapointment. TP got more fun as the game progressed. For me, SMG grinded to a halt. I beat it with 93 stars, but I don't really think I'll ever go back and get the rest.

ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ColonialMustard
And Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of Time. It has better controls, better dungeons, better graphics, and it's friggin' huge. But the fact that it borrows every game-play element from Ocarina of time, means it's all getting kinda stale. Ocarina of Time was great 'cause it was so new and groundbreaking, the first 3D Zelda. But now, we've been basically getting the same game over and over. We need something new, something fresh. And hopefully the next Wii Zelda will give us that.
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ColonialMustard

[QUOTE="ColonialMustard"]I'm sorry, but the Wii version had superior aiming with the wii-mote, and swinging the sword worked just as good as using buttons. Using the Wii-mote just added so much more immersion to the whole experience. The only downside is the camera controls....santiagochile

The sword swinging was a cheap gimmick. They delayed the gamecube version over a year for that garbage?!?! The aiming was used so little in the game that it wasn't necessary. The wii sword was a joke, the buttons were better. Face it, the Gamecube version is far superior and there is no Zelda Wii available, just that cheap port. The graphics for a Gamecube game were good, but for the Wii they were crappy. Nintendo just wanted to make a quick buck, and put almost no effort into the Wii port. Let's hope the next Zelda is a lot, I mean a lot, better than Twilight Princess. If you read some of the reviews od Soulcalibur legends, you'll read about a game where you swing the wiimote to the left and the character swings his sword to the left, etc. Compared to that the wiimore controls in Zelda were absolute garbage.

I didn't say they were revolutionary, I said the sword controls worked, and they do. Aiming using the wii-motes IR is far better than using a bloody analog stick.

antiredcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 antiredcap
Member since 2007 • 1757 Posts
Twilight Princess is like a MAJOR upgrade of Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time was (and still is) one of my favourite games. Most people who like Zelda games are fans of the series but I know of people who have only played Twilight Princess and really like it. Play it a little longer.
bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 bretthorror
Member since 2006 • 1387 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Deepblue"]Twilight Princess does not surpass Ocarina of Time nor does it even surpass Windwaker in my opinion. The Wii version feels like a Gamecube game with tacked on Wii-controls. santiagochile

The control on the Wii is way better, not to mention it's a more comfortable controller.

Zelda TP is not easy. Geeks may be able to whiz through it but most people can't make it through the first dungeon. Sure, when you've played 8 Zelda games, they get easier every time. Makes sense...

bradsmith55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bradsmith55
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
It starts out slow.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 santiagochile

The control on the Wii is way better, not to mention it's a more comfortable controller.

Zelda TP is not easy. Geeks may be able to whiz through it but most people can't make it through the first dungeon. Sure, when you've played 8 Zelda games, they get easier every time. Makes sense...

bretthorror

The Wii controls for Zelda sucked! As to Zelda not being easy, I say what the ---- is wrong with you? A normal person should be able to play that game through without even trying. The bosses died after 3 hits, the enemies were easy, the puzzles were for children. My god that game was so easy to the point it should have affected the score it got by at least a full point. The game was made for soccer moms and people who don't like any frustrations or game over screens at all. This was NOT a hard game. If you think Zelda TP was difficult than you should give up gaming and try connect the dots or my Barbie coloring books.

Besides, none of what you said changes the fact that it was a cheap Gamecube port with no graphical improvements, no added content, no voices, no orchestrated music, no online, etc. It was just a Gamecube game with cheap controls and bad camera controls.

Real Wii games are games like MP3, Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, etc.

bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bretthorror
[QUOTE="bretthorror"]

santiagochile

The Wii controls for Zelda sucked! As to Zelda not being easy, I say what the ---- is wrong with you? A normal person should be able to play that game through without even trying. The bosses died after 3 hits, the enemies were easy, the puzzles were for children. My god that game was so easy to the point it should have affected the score it got by at least a full point. The game was made for soccer moms and people who don't like any frustrations or game over screens at all. This was NOT a hard game. If you think Zelda TP was difficult than you should give up gaming and try connect the dots or my Barbie coloring books.

Besides, none of what you said changes the fact that it was a cheap Gamecube port with no graphical improvements, no added content, no voices, no orchestrated music, no online, etc. It was just a Gamecube game with cheap controls and bad camera controls.

Real Wii games are games like MP3, Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, etc.

I rip through medium skill level games. I did not rip through Twilight Princess. Bosses weren't hard, but a lot of the puzzles were pretty tricky. Especially since I just started gaming a few months earlier after taking a long absence. TP is the Wii's second best game and the controls were exactly the same except you could aim without using a stupid analog stick. o noes i hav 2 shak de nunchuk.....11.1!

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 santiagochile

I rip through medium skill level games. I did not rip through Twilight Princess. Bosses weren't hard, but a lot of the puzzles were pretty tricky. Especially since I just started gaming a few months earlier after taking a long absence. TP is the Wii's second best game and the controls were exactly the same except you could aim without using a stupid analog stick. o noes i hav 2 shak de nunchuk.....11.1!

bretthorror

I have a hard time believing you could beat any game if you could not beat Zelda Twilight Princess. That game was for children. Besides, the controls sucked. The actions on screen had NOTHING to do with what the Wii mote was doing. Nintendo put almost no effort in bringing this gamecube game to the Wii. Twilight Princess always has been and always will be a Gamecube game. If you can't beat that let's see you play Metroid or go online with MoHH2.

Why can't you realize that TP was just a cheap port to the Wii to make Nintendo a quick buck and to make it look like the Wii had a launch Zelda when in fact it had a Gamecube game that was probably finished about a year earlier and delayed just to be ported to Wii.

bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bretthorror
I prefer the Wii version's, so to me it's a great upgrade. Not to mention I'm not a graphics whore and most Wii owners would have bought the GC version regardless. The mere fact that it showed up with Wii controls is a bonus, especially when they worked so well. So... Wii version and GC version are the same price. GC games can be played on the Wii... what's the difference? People could buy whatever version they wanted. And, I have beat all Metroid games I've played to date (Metroid II, Fusion, Zero Mission). To compare, Vice City Stories got medium difficulty on the PSP... that game is so much easier than Zelda it's not even funny.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
The start is boring.. it always in in zelda... but soon, it gets good. It's an amazing game.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 santiagochile

I prefer the Wii version's, so to me it's a great upgrade. Not to mention I'm not a graphics whore and most Wii owners would have bought the GC version regardless. The mere fact that it showed up with Wii controls is a bonus, especially when they worked so well. So... Wii version and GC version are the same price. GC games can be played on the Wii... what's the difference? People could buy whatever version they wanted. And, I have beat all Metroid games I've played to date (Metroid II, Fusion, Zero Mission). To compare, Vice City Stories got medium difficulty on the PSP... that game is so much easier than Zelda it's not even funny.bretthorror

It wasn't an upgrade, it was a CHEAP port. Nintendo wanted a quick buck and some people were fooled by the lame controls tacked on at the last minute. Face the facts, both the graphics and the controls were horrible for a Wii game. Even the underpowered Wii can do MUCH better graphics. As to the controls, they didn't even try. The sword was horrible, just terrible. The Wii can do so much more, but Nintendo got cheap and decided not to make the game better. How is this good to you?? BTW, I beat the PS2 version of Vice City stories, which is not that difficult. It was not easier than Zelda, not at all. They should never have made the Wii version and they could have launched the Gamecube version over a year earlier.

bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bretthorror

[QUOTE="bretthorror"]I prefer the Wii version's, so to me it's a great upgrade. Not to mention I'm not a graphics whore and most Wii owners would have bought the GC version regardless. The mere fact that it showed up with Wii controls is a bonus, especially when they worked so well. So... Wii version and GC version are the same price. GC games can be played on the Wii... what's the difference? People could buy whatever version they wanted. And, I have beat all Metroid games I've played to date (Metroid II, Fusion, Zero Mission). To compare, Vice City Stories got medium difficulty on the PSP... that game is so much easier than Zelda it's not even funny.santiagochile

It wasn't an upgrade, it was a CHEAP port. Nintendo wanted a quick buck and some people were fooled by the lame controls tacked on at the last minute. Face the facts, both the graphics and the controls were horrible for a Wii game. Even the underpowered Wii can do MUCH better graphics. As to the controls, they didn't even try. The sword was horrible, just terrible. The Wii can do so much more, but Nintendo got cheap and decided not to make the game better. How is this good to you?? BTW, I beat the PS2 version of Vice City stories, which is not that difficult. It was not easier than Zelda, not at all. They should never have made the Wii version and they could have launched the Gamecube version over a year earlier.

I prefer the controls, they were the same price. What do you care as Nintendo would have gotten mine and everyone else's money on the game regardless? You act as though Twilight Princess is Carnival Games and it makes you come off as either uninformed or your taste in games is downright abysmal. Most people I talk to would never want TP on GC. Wiimote > analog stick when handling the aiming in the game. I win.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 santiagochile

I prefer the controls, they were the same price. What do you care as Nintendo would have gotten mine and everyone else's money on the game regardless? You act as though Twilight Princess is Carnival Games and it makes you come off as either uninformed or your taste in games is downright abysmal. Most people I talk to would never want TP on GC. Wiimote > analog stick when handling the aiming in the game. I win.

bretthorror

LOL. Do you even think before you post?? I said that the Wii port was a cheap port. This is a fact! There was no graphical upgrades, no voice actors, no orchestrated music, horrible camera controls, and garbage wii controls tacked on. This game was no different than the PoP port, or Far Cry. That's all the game is, a cheap port. You know that what I'm saying is true. The game was a quick buck for Nintendo. They knew the could fool the ignorant people who would buy the game who had no knowledge of gaming (like you) and make them think that this was a real Wii game. Nintendo had no excuse for not upgrading the graphics and making even somewhat decent motion controls. (Swinging my sword to the left and watching Link swing twice to the right is pretty pathetic!) None. They delayed the Gamecube version for over a year to launch the cheap Wii port. I like the Gamecube version, even though the ridiculously easy level kind of changed my perception of the game. For a Gamecube game I'd give it a 9/10 (even though it was too easy!) The Wii version deserved a 7/10 for the system it was on.

As to you winning? Hardly, you actually sound like a high school drop out. Have fun at Burger world playing cheap Gamecube ports while I play games with great graphics and awesome motion controls like Metroid 3, Galaxy, and MoHH2. Wake me up when Nintendo launches a real Wii Zelda with different levels of difficulty for clumsy people like you and skilled people like me.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Honestly, I have to say I enjoyed TP, whether it was as good as "x" game or not, I still enjoyed it. Yes, they delayed it a year for the cube so they could release it along side the wii. The good part of that is that now we have one less year to wait for the next zelda. If they say its coming 2008, well that's ok, that would make it 2 years after TP came out, or 3 if it had been released on time, but eitherway, it was a fun game to play through, the controls seemed a little gimmicky with the sword, but it wasn't terrible. The bow and arrow aiming was a much needed improvement over classic controller style input... and well, it was fun. I look forawrd to the next one.

However, it was a little too easy.

ValKilmerStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 ValKilmerStyle
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

I have to wonder why people are so confused about Nintendo's desicion to port TP to the Wii. The Gamecube was dead. The best way for Nintendo to get Zelda in the hands of as many players as possible was to put it on Wii as well. Asfor the port itself, I thought it was well done for the amount of time they had. No graphical improvements were necessary and the motion controls actually worked better than the original controls. Attacking with the sword isn't supposed to be specific, it's supposed to be easy and responsive, which it is. The bow shooting alone makes the Wii controls better than the GC controls. If you're still not convinced go around the web and look up reviews on TP- the vast majority of them agree.

Getting back on topic, TP is a great game no matter which console you play it on. Having played through every Zelda game thus far I'd say this one easily ranks in the top 5. It does start out a little slower than the others, but it's also 10-20 hours longer. The dungeons are huge and there's a lot of random stuff to do out in the world. If you've ever enjoyed a Zelda game, you'll like TP.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
if twilight princess is easy, windwaker is for babies..