Would you pay $300 for the 3DS?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

That's the question. Personally, I would not. $300 is just too much money. That is the most expensive Nintendo system to date. Plus, 3D isn't really all that awesome, in my opinion, the graphics aren't top notch, and it doesn't have HD. Not that it matters, but most $300 systems have good graphics, and great controllers. Nintendo isn't comparing really well. So, No thanks, Nintendo. Just too expensive.

Caleb

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'll wait until I see it's specs

As of now it's no, tiny screen and 3D is useless.

If it's got hardware that can make good games then ok but if it doesn't have top line hardware I wont pay over 200

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I'm too immature to control myself when it comes to video games, so yes :(
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I won't pay $300. But if you want HD, then a portable device that gives you that will cost way more than $300.

The 3DS gives you:

1. 3D (and contrary to Jaysonguy's never played the 3DS opinion, I think it's cool and has been praised by anyone and everyone who has the opportunity to play it)

2. The 3DS has great graphics for a handheld.

3. Tiny screen, duh, it's a handheld.

4. It's backwards compatible, the Virtual Console has Gameboy games, and there are 3 camera's, including 2 operating as a "3D" camera.

5. And stylus control has been praised for 5 years with the DS. With the addition of a joystick, how could the controls get any better? Do you want terrible dual analog?

I'm a fan of what I've seen of the 3DS, not a fan of the pricing. Regardless, I won't pay for $300, but I like what I see. I also find people extremely ignorant of the console and its features. Gametrailers offers a fantastic preview of the 3DS.

PossessWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PossessWithin
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Indeed a good question. Well, personally, I'd buy. I live in Brazil, and stuff here is pretty expansive, I may say that a Nintendo DSx here is like 600 $. So, a 3DS for 300$ is a pretty good deal (:
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I won't pay $300. But if you want HD, then a portable device that gives you that will cost way more than $300.

The 3DS gives you:

1. 3D (and contrary to Jaysonguy's never played the 3DS opinion, I think it's cool and has been praised by anyone and everyone who has the opportunity to play it)

2. The 3DS has great graphics for a handheld.

3. Tiny screen, duh, it's a handheld.

4. It's backwards compatible, the Virtual Console has Gameboy games, and there are 3 camera's, including 2 operating as a "3D" camera.

5. And stylus control has been praised for 5 years with the DS. With the addition of a joystick, how could the controls get any better? Do you want terrible dual analog?

I'm a fan of what I've seen of the 3DS, not a fan of the pricing. Regardless, I won't pay for $300, but I like what I see. I also find people extremely ignorant of the console and its features. Gametrailers offers a fantastic preview of the 3DS.

sonic_spark

No the 3DS does not have great graphics for a handheld. That's why I'm weary of the specs. So far all we've seen is retouched hi-res pics of games, in motion they look 10 times worse but it's early so maybe these are the rough versions of the games. It's too soon to say if the games will always look this bad or if they're just early in the process of being made and we'll see a much better final product.

A tiny screen is a tiny screen, there is no excuse for the 3DS to have such a small screen when the DSiXL's screen is out there

Stylus control is complety negated by the fact that it only has one analog stick which limits the kinds of games that can be made for the system

Oh and also I've seen the 3DS and it's no big deal so I don't know where you think that I haven't

Overall this is not a leap forward for a handheld, it's a lukewarm offering that updates nothing so far that's important and tries to cover that with a 3D system that's far from useful for gaming

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
no , it's too much
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

Jaysonguy

A tiny screen is a tiny screen, there is no excuse for the 3DS to have such a small screen when the DSiXL's screen is out there

While I disagree with some of your other points, but choose not to argue against them, I'd like to simply argue against this one point. C'mon man, there is an excuse, and it's an obvious one at that. Portability ( i.e easily fitting into your pocket). There you go, one very good excuse. There are a few others too, but I'm sure that excuse can stand on its own two feet.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

Probably not. But I don't expect it to be $300 in the U.S. I'd prefer to pay around $250.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

trugs26

While I disagree with some of your other points, but choose not to argue against them, I'd like to simply argue against this one point. C'mon man, there is an excuse, and it's an obvious one at that. Portability ( i.e easily fitting into your pocket). There you go, one very good excuse. There are a few others too, but I'm sure that excuse can stand on its own two feet.

the cost is also another factor.

TrueHeroX850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrueHeroX850
I cant resist a handheld with ocarina of time and starfox...so yes I would buy it.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts
With the line up of games announced I would play $350. Zelda, PL, Star Fox, Mario Paper and Kart, MGS. Its amazing and I can't wait to pay however much Nintendo asks
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

I will hold out against the 3DS no matter what Nintendo brings to the table with it. I will not be buying it.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Probably not.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I will hold out against the 3DS no matter what Nintendo brings to the table with it. I will not be buying it.

Calvin079

Why do you hate the 3DS so? Lol, I am curious cause you obviously have something against it that is not the game lineup or the price (as we dont even know the price).

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

NaveedLife

Why do you hate the 3DS so? Lol, I am curious cause you obviously have something against it that is not the game lineup or the price (as we dont even know the price).

I have said this many times in 3DS topics where it suited;The reason Ido not likethe 3DSbecause of Nintendo's foolishness in announcing hte DSi XL; then announcing the 3DS not even a year later. What was the point except to rip people off?!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

Calvin079

I have said this many times in 3DS topics where it suited;The reason Ido not likethe 3DSbecause of Nintendo's foolishness in announcing hte DSi XL; then announcing the 3DS not even a year later. What was the point except to rip people off?!

*facepalm* Well to each his own (opinion), so you do what you will. I don't see how anyone in their right mind would NOT see that coming. Of course they are going to revise the handheld multiple times and in multiple colors until the bitter end of the systems life cycle. They always have, and they always will. I personally had ZERO interest in the XL, and the DSi for that matter, so I stuck with my Lite. If you liked the big screens good for you, its not like you don't still have those massive screens you paid for.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

*facepalm* Well to each his own (opinion), so you do what you will. I don't see how anyone in their right mind would NOT see that coming. Of course they are going to revise the handheld multiple times and in multiple colors until the bitter end of the systems life cycle. They always have, and they always will. I personally had ZERO interest in the XL, and the DSi for that matter, so I stuck with my Lite. If you liked the big screens good for you, its not like you don't still have those massive screens you paid for.

I have a Lite; what I'm saying is that Nintendo released the DSi XL too close the the announcemnt of the 3DS. What they should've done is rleeased the Lite, held off and announced the 3DS.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Calvin079"] I have said this many times in 3DS topics where it suited;The reason Ido not likethe 3DSbecause of Nintendo's foolishness in announcing hte DSi XL; then announcing the 3DS not even a year later. What was the point except to rip people off?!

Calvin079

I have a Lite; what I'm saying is that Nintendo released the DSi XL too close the the announcemnt of the 3DS. What they should've done is rleeased the Lite, held off and announced the 3DS.

I hear ya, but this is nothing new for Nintendo, or other companies for that matter. Look at how many revisions apple has of the iPhone and other devices. Sure its the same device, but it is either faster, has more memory, or whatnot. They update it so much and then release a new product right after. It is to be expected and the only person to blame is the buyer.

Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Most likely I will.

I don't care that much about graphics on handhelds and instead of having 100x more poligons than the previous gen, Nintendo made it 3D to add a new flavour. I personally think they couldn't do anything better.

I've always liked the control scheme of the Nintendo Ds. Playing games on Ds is a lot more fun than playing on PSP (my sis has one). Lack of an analog was bad tho, especially in the 3d platform games, navigating is a chore. D pad is quite awful for that. But now they added a analog and I'm happy.

I really don't care about the size of the screen really. It's a handheld after all, the real importing thing for me is it's portability. DsXL seems horrible and I'm glad they are not making another one like that.

Plus they are realasing very good games with the system so yes I'll buy it.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I likely will and

@Calvin

nintendo never madeyou buy the DSiXl and I think the 3DS was announced before it was even released in NA.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I can't really agree to $250 or $300 based on what i've seen or the leaked specs.

Sure I might try to sell stuff to make up the difference but to me anything over $200 is pushing it as it seems Nintendo is taking a page from Apple and selling this thing at huge profit

(I mean how it costs say $140 to make a single unit and they charge $250 or $300 which almost equates to double the manufacturing costs)

I thought Nintendo was smart and had the sweet spot with Wii and DS only charging 20% or so profit per unit at launch, but they seem to think 3DS is guaranteed to be the best seller next gen, and it is far from it.

And face it guys, if it sells well there will not be a price drop for years, but if it doesn't there will be. So we'll know from the get go if a price of $250 or more will come down anytime soon. Personally a part of me hopes it doesn't sell too well right away, like how the DS didn't right away, so that forces a price drop in the first year because I don't like this attitude that Nintendo can put $100-$150 hardware in it and charge double, that isn't how they've rolled at launch before (sure they build it so it can make double later in life, but never at launch to my knowledge)

It'd be like launching a Wii HD with Xbox 360 level hardware in 2011/2012 for $399.99, while giving it 8GBs of storage, only puts out 720p and no HDMI, etc. (yes I know I'm scared coz I wouldn't rule that out from Nintendo)

I'm super excited for it though, its just this pricing scheme that puzzles me. Apparently I have a reputation now on this board for "hating" the 3DS despite just having valid concerns.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I'm excited for it, but nothing will get me to pay over $200 for it.
ChaosInvoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChaosInvoker
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yes, I would! It's a bit pricey, but I'm almost never home, so having an almost Wii on the go is perfect! I just wish it was March 11th already! Also, I think there's still a good chance the sneek peek video of gameplay from most 3DS titles they showed at the conference (a few weeks ago) might not be showing completed games! It still has 3 or 4 months before it launches in Japan, so they have time to tweek their titles!
Bramblefang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Bramblefang

I'm probably going to wait a bit before buying one. $300 is really pricey plus the fact that I'm buying a game with it.

vanillakahlua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vanillakahlua

I personally love hand-held systems a lot more. I can watch tv while playing my fave game, take it with me places, use the camera, good for planes and road trips. And even when I'm just at home, I got my wii, ps2, and ps3 and I am 90% of the time on my hand held while watching tv and surfing the net lol.

My main reason for planning on wasting $300 on the 3DS is that I want most of the titles that are coming out for 3DS. I think Prof Layton is going to be something awesome in 3D. I'm excited for the new animal crossing *crossing fingers in hopes that it doesn't suck* I want the new KH 3D, FF 3D, pretty much the majority of the titles named at E3. I'm assuming there will be a Zelda as well.

I still like my DSi a lot. And comparing it to the 3DS I saw at E3 I like the look of my DSi a lot more. They said that wasn't the final look, so I hope they slim it down and make it more square and less rounded (that's just my opinion) i feel like the 3DS is shaped sorta like the 1st DS. Anyways, I'm planning on getting it. I may wait a bit 1st to see if they come out with any special themed ones first tho.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

Yeah I would.. but probably gonna get it for my birthday or something...

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

The 3DS is gonna be seriously awesome, but $300 is probablya bit too much.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Im sorry but have I missed something? When did Nintendo of NA say that it was going to be $300? yeah yeah I know that when 25000 yen is converted to anerican money that it equals $300. But the price and actual release date for NA and Europe and Austrailia and other places hasnt been announced yet. Personal, I believe that we all need to just tell people about the 3DS for right now so that when it comes out people will actually be able to protest about the price (if it is indeed too high). People also need to know about it so that Nintendo has good reason to lower the price if people dont want to pay w/e price it is announced to have. If the thing is demanded but sales are showing that people are not buying Nintendo will lower the price.

Until Nintendo in the rest of the World announces price point of the 3DS, we need not worry ourselves....unless you live in Japan and like I said in so many other post, complain if you cant afford 25000 yen.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

^ Yea it will mostlikely be more in Europe & Australia, even with Aust really strong currency Im guessing it will be around $350-$400 well $399 - Nintendo has never sold anything outside of Japan/US cheaper ..not that I can remember anyways so the answer is Hell no! :)

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

^ Yea it will mostlikely be more in Europe & Australia, even with Aust really strong currency Im guessing it will be around $350-$400 well $399 - Nintendo has never sold anything outside of Japan/US cheaper ..not that I can remember anyways so the answer is Hell no! :)

superbuuman

Yeah I'm expecting around $400 (New Zealand dollars, as that is where I live).

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I can't really agree to $250 or $300 based on what i've seen or the leaked specs.

Sure I might try to sell stuff to make up the difference but to me anything over $200 is pushing it as it seems Nintendo is taking a page from Apple and selling this thing at huge profit

(I mean how it costs say $140 to make a single unit and they charge $250 or $300 which almost equates to double the manufacturing costs)

I thought Nintendo was smart and had the sweet spot with Wii and DS only charging 20% or so profit per unit at launch, but they seem to think 3DS is guaranteed to be the best seller next gen, and it is far from it.

And face it guys, if it sells well there will not be a price drop for years, but if it doesn't there will be. So we'll know from the get go if a price of $250 or more will come down anytime soon. Personally a part of me hopes it doesn't sell too well right away, like how the DS didn't right away, so that forces a price drop in the first year because I don't like this attitude that Nintendo can put $100-$150 hardware in it and charge double, that isn't how they've rolled at launch before (sure they build it so it can make double later in life, but never at launch to my knowledge)

It'd be like launching a Wii HD with Xbox 360 level hardware in 2011/2012 for $399.99, while giving it 8GBs of storage, only puts out 720p and no HDMI, etc. (yes I know I'm scared coz I wouldn't rule that out from Nintendo)

I'm super excited for it though, its just this pricing scheme that puzzles me. Apparently I have a reputation now on this board for "hating" the 3DS despite just having valid concerns.

darth-pyschosis

I don't think anyones going to fight you on this anymore...

And no one ever said for $300 in NA it is a comparision against a very weak US dollar

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

Cruse34

I don't think anyones going to fight you on this anymore...

And no one ever said for $300 in NA it is a comparision against a very weak US dollar

fight me in what? It's my opinion, I'm not looking for conflict and I can't control whether other posters can't control starting a argument. Also I keep saying it may not be $300 I even said in the posted you quoted it may be $250 but that's still way too much. Maybe $229. I understand it won't straight convert. I've been saying that since I was the person who made and updated the 3DS price announcement thread on sept 29th. And the TC is asking if we'd pay $300 so yes someone said it.
vanillakahlua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vanillakahlua

10-19-2010

I doubt Nintendo is actually going to read this and decide to lower the price if we all in this forum said no we wouldnt buy it. Nintendo does what they want and a lot of people go with it 'cause they're Nintendo. They're rich, doubt they'll care if people say they wouldnt buy it, because they wouldnt release a system with out knowing it'll sell well. People were really into it during E3 and I see it making some good sales with or with-out a few people refusing to buy it becuase of the price, eventually the price will drop like the DSi did and they'll most likely buy it then. We'll see what happens when it actually comes out. I know quite a few people who are planning on buying it and they don't even know the cost. In my opinion, seeing as how dsi was $170 I couldnt see 3DS costing much more than $200 but that's just my assumption based off the amount they usually raise the price when a new handheld comes out. Eitherway I'm quite excited for the new games to come out on the new 3DS and definitely plan on purchasing it.

EasyNormalHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EasyNormalHard
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

If it is $300 and i have $300 yes i would buy it no question about it but before i make a choice i gotta see what PSP2 is looking like. I dont know if i can not get this handheld because i reallly wanna see 3-D games i just think that would blow my mind.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
I will pay them gladly, and when the innevitable lite model comes out I will buy that as well
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#39 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Absolutely. I am used to paying awfully high prices for games and systems due to where I live. Paying only 300 bucks for a system would be a dream come true.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

hell no not for a hand held . I spent that on the psp giga pack huge mistake .

ssj_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ssj_neo
Member since 2010 • 162 Posts

I have no idea right now but I will wait till it goes down in price. Graphics don't matter anymore because from what i've seen so far from the 360 and ps3 I am not impressed anymore. (I own both systems), I have a psp that I don't use for gaming. (last game was gta :lcs), (watched spiderman 2 more then I should have on it). So far It looks great... I still dont like second screen but if it delivers then I'm good. I have to see this 3d first tho.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Not a chance! I'll wait till it come down around $200

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

10-19-2010

I doubt Nintendo is actually going to read this and decide to lower the price if we all in this forum said no we wouldnt buy it. Nintendo does what they want and a lot of people go with it 'cause they're Nintendo. They're rich, doubt they'll care if people say they wouldnt buy it, because they wouldnt release a system with out knowing it'll sell well. People were really into it during E3 and I see it making some good sales with or with-out a few people refusing to buy it becuase of the price, eventually the price will drop like the DSi did and they'll most likely buy it then. We'll see what happens when it actually comes out. I know quite a few people who are planning on buying it and they don't even know the cost. In my opinion, seeing as how dsi was $170 I couldnt see 3DS costing much more than $200 but that's just my assumption based off the amount they usually raise the price when a new handheld comes out. Eitherway I'm quite excited for the new games to come out on the new 3DS and definitely plan on purchasing it.

vanillakahlua

dont kid your self friend. nintendo has people who keep track of the buzz on the internet and its game sites. they may not read this one single thread but they watch. its far to powerfull a tool for them not to. Not saying they will read a few post complaining about the price and panic but if the majority of the talk is of the anti-300$ or 250$ ect price they may just figure its better to sell a lot of systems for less than less systems for more. which imho is the better route. sure in the short term and even the long term you may not make as much on the hardware but you will def make much more on the software. after all no one will buy them games if they dont own the system.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wild_Card

for me 300$ would be a DANG hard sell. thats a lot of cash for a hand held 3d or not. specaly when i know almost for sure that in a year or so they will have a new improved version out prob for the same price or less. 250$ would be a little easier for me to accept but even at that price it would greatly depend on just how good the games were. and 3d ports of n64 games are def not going to cut it. its going to take a number of very fun looking games for me to shell out that kind of cash for a handheld, and not just stuff like animal crossing but real epic type games.the RE games announced sound like they may fit the bill. when it comes to stuff like that i dont normaly spend a lot. buddy of mine has a 300+$ phone and buys a new one at those prices seemingly every year. i still use a 20$ vergin mobile that iv had for a long time which gets just as good a signal lol. only thing it lacks for me is a cam but i refuse to pay such prices for a phone. but i digress.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wild_Card

elch the pic was ment as a friendly joke ;)

freetoex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freetoex
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts

Seeing how theres effin snake eater and animal crossing on the same system, Hell yes. Nintendo, just take my money.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="vanillakahlua"]

10-19-2010

Wild_Card

dont kid your self friend. nintendo has people who keep track of the buzz on the internet and its game sites. they may not read this one single thread but they watch. its far to powerfull a tool for them not to. Not saying they will read a few post complaining about the price and panic but if the majority of the talk is of the anti-300$ or 250$ ect price they may just figure its better to sell a lot of systems for less than less systems for more. which imho is the better route. sure in the short term and even the long term you may not make as much on the hardware but you will def make much more on the software. after all no one will buy them games if they dont own the system.

I COMPLETELY agree. I am not saying that I personally won't buy it due to price, but I know a few friends who say to me, "isn't it $300?". Then I tell them it will probably be $250, and they say something like, "Yeah, that's still expensive". I think $250 might be a decent sell, but I think if Nintendo really wants to push this they need to make it closer to $200. $200 flat would be really good IMO. The thing is, Nintendo has always sold their hardware for a profit, while the other two companies take a hit on the hardware most of the time. I think Nintendo should consider cutting the profits and making a tad off of selling it for $200, because at that point they will dominate the market with this tech and lineup of games. PSP2 will probably fail if they go this route, and MS probably wont risk sticking their neck out in the handheld market. It would be really smart for them to release it for as cheap as possible without losing money.

MajorCause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MajorCause

Yes, I hope they have a solid black flat finish, that's what I want.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I can buy a home console with that kind of money, so $300 is too much for something less powerful.
If it is $300, I will still need to buy it by March(only time I can but it before xmas) with Pokemon Black. Layton vs Attorney looks AMAZING and I can't miss out on future pokemon games.