Will any 2D fighters come to the Wii?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
A Guilty Gear game?

Jump Mega Stars?

Street Fighter 4?

Capcom vs. SNK 3

Anything?

*Don't say Smash*
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
I heard there might be a Guilty Gear comin out for the Wii.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dencore
I heard there might be a Guilty Gear comin out for the Wii.WR_Platinum
From where? What does Guilty Gear play like? I'm sorta just starting to get intreseted in fighting games, I've downloaded Street Fighter II on the VC and playing Capcom vs. SNK 2 at the arcade and I'm hooked!
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Something like Marvel vs. Capcom for the Wii would be awesome!
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]I heard there might be a Guilty Gear comin out for the Wii.Dencore
From where? What does Guilty Gear play like? I'm sorta just starting to get intreseted in fighting games, I've downloaded Street Fighter II on the VC and playing Capcom vs. SNK 2 at the arcade and I'm hooked!

No specific details =(. I wish to know the details if its true. I only heard that there might be a Guilty Gear game comin out for the Wii. 
Chewchachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chewchachoman
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
ummmm..... Brawl. Yea super smash brothers is coming to the wii.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShakeNBake1491
ummmm..... Brawl. Yea super smash brothers is coming to the wii.Chewchachoman
There's um... a sixth line in the TC's post i suggest you read it.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah there is a guilty gear coming out, however I believe that it is only a Japan release. Unfortunantley 2D fighters are not that popular anymore so many arent produced not even on handheld.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShakeNBake1491
Yeah there is a guilty gear coming out, however I believe that it is only a Japan release. Unfortunantley 2D fighters are not that popular anymore so many arent produced not even on handheld.Sepewrath
Looks like i'm movin' to Japan...
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
We need some arcade sticks before we play 2d fighters on Wii........It just feels so much better.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dencore
Yeah there is a guilty gear coming out, however I believe that it is only a Japan release. Unfortunantley 2D fighters are not that popular anymore so many arent produced not even on handheld.Sepewrath
What! Damn! And since the Wii isn't region free. :( But Guilty Gear games always come to the states, so their should be hope.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dencore
We need some arcade sticks before we play 2d fighters on Wii........It just feels so much better.lzorro
Agreed. Also I love your sig, I STILL remember that thread.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/guiltygearxxcore/index.html

Yep in Japan and this July. :(

But since every other Guilty Gear game came to the States this should too.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

For the 2D fighters, wait until the Neo-Geo supports or any SNES or Sega Genesis fighting games on the VC to be confirmed. Japanese will begin to have Neo-Geo support this summer. That's all I can say. As for a new 2D fighting game, I don't think it's going to be soon we'll see something like that.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

For the 2D fighters, wait until the Neo-Geo supports or any SNES or Sega Genesis fighting games on the VC to be confirmed. Japanese will begin to have Neo-Geo support this summer. That's all I can say. As for a new 2D fighting game, I don't think it's going to be soon we'll see something like that.

chris3116

I dont know I mean fighters in general have lost much of thier popularity, 2D fighters have fallen even further from grace. The only games now that are high profile are the ones that feature photorealistic, scandily clad women. The fighting genre is unfortunantly almost dead.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dencore
[QUOTE="chris3116"]

Sepewrath

I dont know I mean fighters in general have lost much of thier popularity, 2D fighters have fallen even further from grace. The only games now that are high profile are the ones that feature photorealistic, scandily clad women. The fighting genre is unfortunantly almost dead.

But for the better, I mean we all know how First Person Shooters and Third Person Action games just blow fighting games and any other genre out of the water. :| Anyway the reason fighting games are almost dead is because the arcade is almost dead, DDR is the only thing holding it together. I mean as we know arcades are the way fighitng games are MENT to be played, would FPS's be as popular if PC gaming was dead? But there are still alot of people intrested in it, at my previous job I worked at an arcade, DDR was the most popular game, but at 2nd was Capcom vs. SNK 2, which seemed to have people always competiting *different people many times too* What fighitng games need to get back on track are multiple hit games. This happened to another genre on it's dying knees. That's right, I'm talking about the racing genre. Just when it was practically dead, Need for Speed and Burnout came out, thus it returned. IMHO there is only3 games that can do this for Fighting games, and those are SSBB, Soul Caliber IV, and Street Fighet IV. There is a chance of the genre coming back, the Wii is doing to the PS3 and 360 what the DS did to the PSP. Just gather all the old school gamers and thrill seekers, and make that your user base. But to be honest I think the Wii will make a new style of fighters. Something very similar to Wii Sports, Boxing game.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dencore
BUMP.
Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 Akel777
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
Well, Wii has a better chance than say PS3( Sony of America hates all things 2D), first off there's always the Virtual console so we'll be getting some there. But, I mean, hey we got Metal slug didn't we? There might be a relationship going on between Nintendo and SNK. And a guilty gear is coming out in japan and fighting games are easy to bring over(not that much to translate). If you haven't played guilty gear, it's over the top action, instant kill moves, several different fuctions, quite a few special moves, cancelling, unique character play styles, high res animation, and heavy metal soundtrack.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dencore
^^^Yes even though I purchased Metal Slug, many others didn't. And I want NEW fighting games you know what I mean, to gather the most complex systems.
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
Personally, the fighting game genre is my favorite and I seriously hope for some great 2D fighting games on the Wii. Nintendo has obviously already formed a relationship with SNK and Capcom on the VC, so it is possible to see some games like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Street Fighter 3, Capcom Vs SNK, etc.

I truly hope that we see these games in the near future because they're some of my favorite. As someone mentioned earlier, we do need an arcade stick ASAP if any of those games do come out.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dencore
Personally, the fighting game genre is my favorite and I seriously hope for some great 2D fighting games on the Wii. Nintendo has obviously already formed a relationship with SNK and Capcom on the VC, so it is possible to see some games like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Street Fighter 3, Capcom Vs SNK, etc. I truly hope that we see these games in the near future because they're some of my favorite. As someone mentioned earlier, we do need an arcade stick ASAP if any of those games do come out.jbrittain
I REALLY want to purchase many 2D fighters for the PS2, unfortunately I'm total Wii now so...
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="chris3116"]

Dencore

But for the better, I mean we all know how First Person Shooters and Third Person Action games just blow fighting games and any other genre out of the water. :| Anyway the reason fighting games are almost dead is because the arcade is almost dead, DDR is the only thing holding it together. I mean as we know arcades are the way fighitng games are MENT to be played, would FPS's be as popular if PC gaming was dead? But there are still alot of people intrested in it, at my previous job I worked at an arcade, DDR was the most popular game, but at 2nd was Capcom vs. SNK 2, which seemed to have people always competiting *different people many times too* What fighitng games need to get back on track are multiple hit games. This happened to another genre on it's dying knees. That's right, I'm talking about the racing genre. Just when it was practically dead, Need for Speed and Burnout came out, thus it returned. IMHO there is only3 games that can do this for Fighting games, and those are SSBB, Soul Caliber IV, and Street Fighet IV. There is a chance of the genre coming back, the Wii is doing to the PS3 and 360 what the DS did to the PSP. Just gather all the old school gamers and thrill seekers, and make that your user base. But to be honest I think the Wii will make a new style of fighters. Something very similar to Wii Sports, Boxing game.

Racing games were never dying. When was this?
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="chris3116"]

kukukuk

Racing games were never dying. When was this?

Before Need for Speed and Burnout.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="chris3116"]

Dencore

But for the better, I mean we all know how First Person Shooters and Third Person Action games just blow fighting games and any other genre out of the water.

um..? no
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="kukukuk"] Racing games were never dying. When was this?

Directly before? I can think of a bunch of great racing games. Can you be specific with what time period?
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="chris3116"]

SuzumeCake

But for the better, I mean we all know how First Person Shooters and Third Person Action games just blow fighting games and any other genre out of the water.

um..? no

It's called sarcasm :|
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dencore
[QUOTE="kukukuk"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="kukukuk"] Racing games were never dying. When was this?

Directly before? I can think of a bunch of great racing games. Can you be specific with what time period?

I was talking about the racing games that sold well. Around 2002 there were 2D fighters still coming out. Street Fighter Anniversary, Street Fighter Alpha Max, Like 4 Guilty Gear Games, DragonballZ games, DarkStalkers. Sadly none of them sold well. Well I think Guilty Gear sold OKAY. But that's just what I heard.

Last gen the only fighting games that were considered "big hitters" were Smash Bros., Mortal Kombat *DA sold over 2 million copies*, Soul Caliber, Tekken, and DOA.
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
A Guilty Gear game?

Jump Mega Stars?

Street Fighter 4?

Capcom vs. SNK 3

Anything?

*Don't say Smash*
Dencore
If there is a god, no, no there won't be.
Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Akel777
Well, the fighting genre is generally kind of dead in the US. In Japan they still got tons of arcade fighters, always stocking in the latest games, and people stop by during a break from work or school. The problem with fighting games is that most people can get easily bored of them if it isn't multiplayer. And coincidentally, most don't even have online play. We aren't in a country thats heavily densely populated in small areas like Japan, so it's harder to get alot of competition started. Online play is pretty much the way to go for something of a revival of fighters, which is why I can't wait for KwonHo to come out.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dencore
Well, the fighting genre is generally kind of dead in the US. In Japan they still got tons of arcade fighters, always stocking in the latest games, and people stop by during a break from work or school. The problem with fighting games is that most people can get easily bored of them if it isn't multiplayer. And coincidentally, most don't even have online play. We aren't in a country thats heavily densely populated in small areas like Japan, so it's harder to get alot of competition started. Online play is pretty much the way to go for something of a revival of fighters, which is why I can't wait for KwonHo to come out.Akel777
What's KwonHo?
Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Akel777
It's a free online 3D fighting game.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dencore
It's a free online 3D fighting game. Akel777
OIC. Well the genre does need to evolve a bit. RPG's have evolved to SRPG's. Platformers have evolved to be more complex Adventure games have evolved to be more focased on dungeon crawling Why can't fighting games do the same? And the thing is they don't have to stop the old way. NSMB still sold well. DQVIII still sold well. So I'm sure traditional fighting games can still find some breath while the evolution can still coexist.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
VC anyone.....
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
I also read that Guilty Gear is coming to the Wii, it was listed in some online store Wii titles for 2007, but no official announcement yet. Also, Capcom is going to release a new street fighter game from what I gathered in Capcom's Community Forums. I also think that it's going to the Wii to the huge demand shown in the forum. Sven, the Capcom official in the forum said that Capcom realized there is a huge demand for such a product. Therefore, I expect an announcement will be made soon.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
     Considering how Treasure has given the DS the joy of Bleach, I can't believe that 2D Wii fighters are out of the question (especially with cell shading and such).  Personally, I'd love to see Samurai Warriors on the VC with the Neo Geo, or even a compilation with wii-mote support.  But seeing how the Wii has brought the nostalgia back, and since 2D fighting was the genre from 1991-1995, I simply cannot discount the market as being void on the console.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is STILL 75 bucks, can't do much better for nostalgia.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dencore
I also read that Guilty Gear is coming to the Wii, it was listed in some online store Wii titles for 2007, but no official announcement yet. Also, Capcom is going to release a new street fighter game from what I gathered in Capcom's Community Forums. I also think that it's going to the Wii to the huge demand shown in the forum. Sven, the Capcom official in the forum said that Capcom realized there is a huge demand for such a product. Therefore, I expect an announcement will be made soon.hamidious

Street Fighter 4

Hopefully it will follow the Resident Evil spectrum, and make the 4th interation the best!

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShakeNBake1491
[QUOTE="hamidious"]I also read that Guilty Gear is coming to the Wii, it was listed in some online store Wii titles for 2007, but no official announcement yet. Also, Capcom is going to release a new street fighter game from what I gathered in Capcom's Community Forums. I also think that it's going to the Wii to the huge demand shown in the forum. Sven, the Capcom official in the forum said that Capcom realized there is a huge demand for such a product. Therefore, I expect an announcement will be made soon.Dencore

Street Fighter 4

Hopefully it will follow the Resident Evil spectrum, and make the 4th interation the best!

That made my day.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="hamidious"]I also read that Guilty Gear is coming to the Wii, it was listed in some online store Wii titles for 2007, but no official announcement yet. Also, Capcom is going to release a new street fighter game from what I gathered in Capcom's Community Forums. I also think that it's going to the Wii to the huge demand shown in the forum. Sven, the Capcom official in the forum said that Capcom realized there is a huge demand for such a product. Therefore, I expect an announcement will be made soon.ShakeNBake1491

Street Fighter 4

That made my day.

What did? You disagreed with what I said?
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShakeNBake1491
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="hamidious"]I also read that Guilty Gear is coming to the Wii, it was listed in some online store Wii titles for 2007, but no official announcement yet. Also, Capcom is going to release a new street fighter game from what I gathered in Capcom's Community Forums. I also think that it's going to the Wii to the huge demand shown in the forum. Sven, the Capcom official in the forum said that Capcom realized there is a huge demand for such a product. Therefore, I expect an announcement will be made soon.Dencore

Street Fighter 4

That made my day.

Oh my bad, I meant a new Street Fighter. Fourth time's the charm :P
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="hamidious"]I also read that Guilty Gear is coming to the Wii, it was listed in some online store Wii titles for 2007, but no official announcement yet. Also, Capcom is going to release a new street fighter game from what I gathered in Capcom's Community Forums. I also think that it's going to the Wii to the huge demand shown in the forum. Sven, the Capcom official in the forum said that Capcom realized there is a huge demand for such a product. Therefore, I expect an announcement will be made soon.ShakeNBake1491

Street Fighter 4

That made my day.

Oh my bad, I meant a new Street Fighter. Fourth time's the charm :P

If it does go the RE way, that would mean that they'd change the formula and make it the best game ever, while the "core" original gamers would cry and whine. The only difference is that the old Street Fighter formula still would've been good, but the old Resident Evil formula....well....sucked.
nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 nekrotaunter
Member since 2003 • 1480 Posts
i want fatal fury on wii with online matches.
Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Akel777
There hasn't been much fatal fury for a long time. O_O
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dencore
There hasn't been much fatal fury for a long time. O_OAkel777
Screw that I want the most skilled fighter with the most indepth controls of all time! That's right I'm talking about Mortal Kombat!!!!
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dencore
BUMP
nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nekrotaunter
[QUOTE="Akel777"]There hasn't been much fatal fury for a long time. O_ODencore
Screw that I want the most skilled fighter with the most indepth controls of all time! That's right I'm talking about Mortal Kombat!!!!

fatal fury required more skill when they had the plain system. mastering that takes more skill than mortal kombat. you can know every move for your character, but without side steps you can get killed really quick.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Akel777"]There hasn't been much fatal fury for a long time. O_Onekrotaunter

fatal fury required more skill when they had the plain system. mastering that takes more skill than mortal kombat. you can know every move for your character, but without side steps you can get killed really quick.

I know I was being sarcastic, I was doing a parody of the average fighting game fan and how they hate Mortal Kombat. Truth be told they are kinda right, but Mortal Kombat isn't THAT bad, it's just overrated sales wise.
nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nekrotaunter
first two were alright, then it got old real quick. 
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShakeNBake1491
of course, Scorpion is still kool though, right? 8)