Wii U Designed for One WII U pad. Why Nintendo Why?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ii20JcM05ii
Member since 2010 • 394 Posts

The system basically has 5 controllers, this is actually pretty cool =) This is going to be great for Call of Duty! Imagine when you are calling in an Air drop! instead of a laptop esc thing cover up the main screen, the Wii U tablet will actually be your coordinate computer! Imagine even furthur to where lets say your driving around the little explosive remote controller car alla Black Ops, maybe you would actually be able to defend your self if someone comes up to you while your driving the car around, because the main screen will be freed up! =D This is turning out to be great!

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

Shareholders are naturally worried if it will be a sucess so a number of people have started 'Dumping' stock. As soon as a significant amount goes, other people panic dump, in the hope of cutting there losses and moving on. But personally I would keep my shares in Nintendo as they slumped before the Wii launched as well and look how that turned out.

Also an expert on a reputable gaming site(Either Kotaku or Joystiq I think) estimated that the Wii U Controller screen resolution was 850x460.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
first of all it supports mulitplayer with Wiimotes/nunchucks. 2nd...i dont want to buy a 2nd controller that cost like $150...which is probably a reaonable price for one of those.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

first of all it supports mulitplayer with Wiimotes/nunchucks. 2nd...i dont want to buy a 2nd controller that cost like $150...which is probably a reaonable price for one of those.da_chub
Why do people keep mentioning the price of the controller? What happened to bringing your controller over your friends' house? Not even that would be possible, so it's not some kind of "relief" that only one controller is supported as of now.

Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

[QUOTE="da_chub"]first of all it supports mulitplayer with Wiimotes/nunchucks. 2nd...i dont want to buy a 2nd controller that cost like $150...which is probably a reaonable price for one of those.Wintry_Flutist
Why do people keep mentioning the price of the controller? What happened to bring your controller over your friends' house? Not even that would be possible, so it's not some kind of "relief" that only one controller is supported as of now.

Exactly right, people seem to think this is good news because they can use their wiimotes for multiplayer, far from it. I'm sure I'll have at least 3 friends who buy a Wii U, sure I wouldn't drop crica $100 for a new tablet controller but I'd rather pay $50-60 for the same controller layout without the screen for multiplayer.

I read that Miyamoto said they are looking into the possibility of a friend bringing their tablet over, don't look into it, make it happen.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts
It seems indeed people don't get sending images to two controllers means rendering the game twice. Not counting what's being rendered on TV. Four controllers then... It would take a behemoth of a machine to do that. Even if Nintendo finally decides to support more than one Upad by console, expect games supporting such kind of multiplayer to look worse.Wintry_Flutist
I think it would be perfectly capable and its not as stressfull as you think. No disrepect but they would be able to pull off at least two controllers
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#58 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well 1 the controller would be expensive, and 2 we can still play multiplayer just with cla$$ic controllers , duh , the only thing we be missing is the touch screen but ya like we are going toget much use out ofthat any how -- see how ds hardly ever used it, heck only thing it was used for is menu controls and on some games, other then that ya pretty much all nintendos doing is saving the consumer money by not having tobuy 4 controllers again

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

well 1 the controller would be expensive, and 2 we can still play multiplayer just with cla$$ic controllers , duh , the only thing we be missing is the touch screen but ya like we are going toget much use out ofthat any how -- see how ds hardly ever used it, heck only thing it was used for is menu controls and on some games, other then that ya pretty much all nintendos doing is saving the consumer money by not having tobuy 4 controllers again

The CC doesn't have the new controller's motion sensors, speakers, microphone or camera either. And if you could have multiple tablet controllers, it could display information private to each player. Possibly even substitute for a splitscreen in head to head multiplayer.

RECON64bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 RECON64bit
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

Changing the Wii name would be bad for business, the stock dropped because they seemed to have moved away from what was money in the bank for the Wii. And if the console can only handle one, it can only handle one. Sepewrath

No it wouldn't Wii sales are stagnating, and will drop off. The Wii is quickly becoming irrelevant if not already. WII U controller made me excited now that I hear this major flaw, I almost feel as though it's not a surprise that Nintendo would fail somewhere. Why Nintendo Why?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]The original Wii remotes without Wii Motion Plus don't even function with the Wii U.

Rod90

To put it simple: WHAT THE HELL!?

Even though it means I have to buy more controllers. I rather it be this way. Just because the motion plus is better.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Rod90"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]The original Wii remotes without Wii Motion Plus don't even function with the Wii U.

To put it simple: WHAT THE HELL!?

Even though it means I have to buy more controllers. I rather it be this way. Just because the motion plus is better.

Yeah, and this way it guarantees that whatever games use the Wiimote will support Motion Plus.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

The console will support 4 Upads. I can't see Nintendo killing simulataneous local multiplayer. In what context will depend purely on the game. I can't see Nintendo not offering that kind of support at least in a minimal sense. Will we get 4 separate video streams of the actual game? Doubt it. But at least menu, maps, or item screens.

That said, the Upad is a standard controller in terms of design (not including the touchscreen). To play local multiplayer, is Nintendo going to release a standard controller so that the other 3 players can also play with a "standard controller" similar to the Upad instead of playing with the WiiM+ remote? I guess we could use the c.l.a.s.s.i.c controller. Hopefully Nintendo offers something else if they don't want to give us 4 Upads at once.

tocool340

What? No, Nintendo already stated that the Wii U is only gonna use one Wii U controller at a time. And the Wii Remote with Wii Motion+ will be the standard used controller for multiplayer games. The classic controller will probably be compatible as well.

They said MOST LIKELY it will support one. Not written in stone. The most I see the Wii U using would be 2 controllers. Sport games will need to have a second one if they want offline multiplayer to work without all the crap on the screen....

What may happen is that they may limt the use of two Wii remotes to allow the system to stream 2 Wiiu controllers. so, all in all you'll get 4players instead of 5.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#64 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Somehow I'm not surprised. I mean, Nintendo doesn't belong in the same sentence with foresight or logic.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#65 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

As for a better motion controller... it's called the Wii Remote Plus. It's been out for years. The original Wii remotes without Wii Motion Plus don't even function with the Wii U.

GabuEx
Wow, has this been confirmed anywhere? If so, my interest in the Wu is even less than it was before.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#66 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

As for a better motion controller... it's called the Wii Remote Plus. It's been out for years. The original Wii remotes without Wii Motion Plus don't even function with the Wii U.

DJ_Lae

Wow, has this been confirmed anywhere?

If so, my interest in the Wu is even less than it was before.

There was a link earlier in this thread, and the reason why they're doing that is because they want the 1:1 motion controls that WM+ makes possible to be the standard for the console, as opposed to just an option supported by a handful of games.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ThePlothole

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

GabuEx

Wow, has this been confirmed anywhere?

If so, my interest in the Wu is even less than it was before.

There was a link earlier in this thread, and the reason why they're doing that is because they want the 1:1 motion controls that WM+ makes possible to be the standard for the console, as opposed to just an option supported by a handful of games.

Or at the very least they don't want it to be an accessory to an accessory... If the Wiimote doesn't also come standard... resulting in even more limited support (if any).
JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts
It hasn't been confirmed that the Wii U will be able to use only one Wii U controller...
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="riariases"] What? No, Nintendo already stated that the Wii U is only gonna use one Wii U controller at a time. And the Wii Remote with Wii Motion+ will be the standard used controller for multiplayer games. The classic controller will probably be compatible as well.

BIOKILLER123

They said MOST LIKELY it will support one. Not written in stone. The most I see the Wii U using would be 2 controllers. Sport games will need to have a second one if they want offline multiplayer to work without all the crap on the screen....

What may happen is that they may limt the use of two Wii remotes to allow the system to stream 2 Wiiu controllers. so, all in all you'll get 4players instead of 5.

Yeah, that's what I see happening...