Wii Game Recommendation Thread -- ALL 'which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts
Super Mario Brothers from Wii Shop?
I forget how much it is and im having trouble opening the Wii Shop atm how much is it please?
Does it have any glitches or weird pixels or borders or whatever appearing throughout the game?
Is it still 2 players, and if so do you use the same remote or use a second one?
Worth playing you think, still good old fun?
I am not interested in the other SM's FYI.
Thanks, Juls :)
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I forget how much it is and im having trouble opening the Wii Shop atm how much is it please?
Does it have any glitches or weird pixels or borders or whatever appearing throughout the game?
Is it still 2 players, and if so do you use the same remote or use a second one?
RE4WiiGirl

All 3 of them are 500 points.

Smb3 has these weird black lines at the side of the tv (not big and doesnt affect game play and im not sure about original)

Yes it is still 2 player

Still good old fun

Now is red steel worth 20$ i made a thread about it but im still un decided. Also how about SPlinter cell double agent is that worth 20$.

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#103 OblivionGuy07
Member since 2006 • 7546 Posts
for anyone debating on what next Wii game to purchase, get Okami! It's only 40 bucks and it is probably my favorite game on the Wii currently. That is all.
Sportsmen2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#104 Sportsmen2008
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Ok looking for a new game.

My favorite games so far have been RE4, and Godfatherblackhand edition.

I have played Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center, Zach and wiki, Tiger Woods, Madden, SSB, MLB 2k8.

I was thinking NHM, Medal of Honor 2, or Bully scholarship edition(I am looking for games similar to RE4, or Godfather because it was so enjoyable) Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Hmmm. Okami still hasn't made the must have list? That stinks. Haven't played it yet jordanelek?LINKloco

Nope. I've heard too many mixed opinions about it to add to the Must Haves yet.

Hey jordan, you should really add boom blox to that list, its a great party game.
Haziqonfire

I probably will. I've heard nothing but good things about the multiplayer parts of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

@Haziqonfire: :D:D Thx that is really helpfull... :)

hey i was wondering if i should buy mario kart wii or save up for rock band. what do you think?nintend-man86

I will go with MK, imo is the best multiplayer atm. And if you like the MK series, you`ll have a blast unlocking stuff :)

RE4WiiGirl

what alex said, but i wanted to add... that eventhus you said you are just interested in SMB, If I were you I would go with SMB3, is the fun of SMB but is longer, but no that hard. :) imo is more worth ur money, unless you are a fan of the series.

I have played Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center, Zach and wiki, Tiger Woods, Madden, SSB, MLB 2k8.

I was thinking NHM, Medal of Honor 2, or Bully scholarship edition(I am looking for games similar to RE4, or Godfather because it was so enjoyable) Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Sportsmen2008

NMH is a blast and if you like collection stuff (playing games 100%) you`ll get about 20h. Thus for some it can be "too much of the same"

MoHH2: is a multi online, if you are looking for a game to play by yourself I would not go with that one.

About Bully, no clue sorry...

Also have you consider MP3?? Is not like RE4 much but if you like that one you may enjoy MP3 (imo)...

Enjoy gaming everyone...

Sportsmen2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#107 Sportsmen2008
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Yeah I wasn't sure about MP3.

I had the Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, and Game Gear. Even thought I loved many games on these systems, I guess I am biased towards titles I have played before (Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Metroid… etc)

Yeah I know that makes no sense, I guess I want to try something "New". However a great new game for the Wii would be awesome.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 RE4WiiGirl

[QUOTE="RE4WiiGirl"]Super Mario Brothers from Wii Shop?
chang_1910

what alex said, but i wanted to add... that eventhus you said you are just interested in SMB, If I were you I would go with SMB3, is the fun of SMB but is longer, but no that hard. :) imo is more worth ur money, unless you are a fan of the series.

Is SMB3 the same price, and still using just the remote or does tha tonly work with a GC or clas*ic controller, coz im not buying those?
So SMB doesnt have the borders its just SMB3?
Thats ok for 500 points yeah, I was going to give to someone for their bday soon coz they just got a Wii, and then buy it for myself aswell :)
RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 RE4WiiGirl

Sportsmen2008

Theres a game coming out soon called Alone In The Dark, this might be like RE4 or that sty*e of game I guess, give it a look up if you like :)
Maybe Red Steel aswell would be that kind of genre?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Yeah I wasn't sure about MP3.

I had the Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, and Game Gear. Even thought I loved many games on these systems, I guess I am biased towards titles I have played before (Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Metroid… etc)

Yeah I know that makes no sense, I guess I want to try something "New". However a great new game for the Wii would be awesome.

Sportsmen2008

do not worry I get the "new" thingy :) ... Then I would pry go with NMH (consider that I have no play bully)

I would not go with red steel... imo is a bad game... :oops:

[QUOTE="chang_1910"]

[QUOTE="RE4WiiGirl"]Super Mario Brothers from Wii Shop?
RE4WiiGirl

Is SMB3 the same price, and still using just the remote or does tha tonly work with a GC or clas*ic controller, coz im not buying those?
So SMB doesnt have the borders its just SMB3?
Thats ok for 500 points yeah, I was going to give to someone for their bday soon coz they just got a Wii, and then buy it for myself aswell :)

yeap.. SMB3 is also 500points.... it can be play with any controller, but it was ment to be play with the Wiimote (is the closer to a NES controller :) ) Note that all SMB if yuo use the "tricks" you can beat the game in about 10 min, but you have to be really good and yuo would "jump" most "world"

Enjoy...

coop_1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 coop_1717
Member since 2006 • 538 Posts

If anyone doesen't have the money to buy top wii games go to eBay to find really cheap games. Just click on the link. Does anyone else buy games on ebay ?

document.write("");

Click Here

I like buy all my wii games on eBay.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

I need help I doin't know which too get. Mario Kart or Boom Blox. They both look fun but Mario Kart looks like it will get boring quickly. Boom Blox has the level creator and multiplayer looks fun.

Mario Kart multiplayer looks ok, can you play co-op on Mario Kart like double dash? I need help.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

...can you play co-op on Mario Kart like double dash?

gotdangit

Not the same way as in Double Dash but, yes, you can play co-op. It's a team sort of thing. You don't share a kart. 6 on 6 is pretty fun.

man-u_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 man-u_rules
Member since 2007 • 862 Posts
okay. hopefully i will get a Wii in the next couple of months and besides the Wii Sports, which game should be my first? i was thinking of Brawl or Mario Kart. i also want to get rock band when it comes out(when is this?).
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 alexh_99

okay. hopefully i will get a Wii in the next couple of months and besides the Wii Sports, which game should be my first? i was thinking of Brawl or Mario Kart. i also want to get rock band when it comes out(when is this?).man-u_rules

brawl, mario kart, Super mario galaxy, And zelda Twilight Princess (if you dont have it on the game cube) should be your top games to get. Also I think Sometime in June Rock band comes out

Avatar image for deactivated-5827cdd457dfe
deactivated-5827cdd457dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5827cdd457dfe
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Nice list, can't recomend Okami enough.
Avatar image for SlinkyJefferson
SlinkyJefferson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SlinkyJefferson
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts

Whats good besides the following:

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart

Zelda TP

Brawl

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

Whats good besides the following:

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart

Zelda TP

Brawl

SlinkyJefferson
Okami, Trauma Center 1/2, No More Heroes, RE4, RE: UC, Boom Blox, Lost Winds, Zack and Wiki, etc... Oh, and the upcoming Blast Works looks interesting.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LINKloco
you kidding me? lol kidsJRYAN34
What are you referring to?
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts

i want to get two of these games but i don't know which two to get:

mario kart wii

super smash bros brawl

no more heroes

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 alexh_99

mario kart wii

super smash bros brawl

no more heroes

darkghost75

Kart and brawl

piemanngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 piemanngamer
Member since 2007 • 481 Posts

I need a new music game: Aerosmith or Rock Band?

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#124 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Ok, so I just beat Super Mario Galaxy, and I want a new game. Here are the choices:

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
No More Heroes
Okami
Bully: Scholarship Edition

I'm leaning towards NMH, but what do you guys think?

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 LINKloco

Ok, so I just beat Super Mario Galaxy, and I want a new game. Here are the choices:

No More Heroes
Okami

helium_flash
Okami > Bully > NMH > GodFather imo, so go with Okami. It's an excellent game.
Snyder_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Snyder_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

I got 125 bucks in birthday money, and I wanna get one of these games, which one should I get?:

- Bully Scholarship Edition

- Boom Blox (free 10 dollar gift card with purchase)

- Call of Duty 3 (Put it on cuz it's 30 bucks at target)

I also have a 10 dollar gift card to target, so yeah.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 LINKloco

I got 125 bucks in birthday money, and I wanna get one of these games, which one should I get?:

Snyder_Trigger
There's alot of value in Bully. There's a ton to do and the game is hilarious. Hard to find many games with a sense of humor. And it's full of some crazy characters. I'd definitely go with Bully.
apeters58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 apeters58
Member since 2005 • 166 Posts
i am going to get two games shortly which should i get? i was thinking about twighlight princess. i have galaxy, paper mario, prime 3, mario cart, and brawl. im not really interested in no more heroes or zack and wiki
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LINKloco
i am going to get two games shortly which should i get? i was thinking about twighlight princess. i have galaxy, paper mario, prime 3, mario cart, and brawl. im not really interested in no more heroes or zack and wiki apeters58
Twilight Princess and Okami.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@Snyder: sorry I have just play CoD3 there so... i do not think would be a good idea for me to recommed any over the other..

@piemanngamer: sorry I do not play music games, so no clue :P

mario kart wii

super smash bros brawl

no more heroes

darkghost75

I`ll go with MK and NMH... unless you want 2 multiplayer.. imo MK is enough and IMO better that SSBB (I will actually sell my copy for 30US$ soon)

No More Heroes
Okami

helium_flash

I have not play Bully, nor Godfather...

I heard godfather is pretty good thus.

I recomened NMH if you like the gerne the game is fun as hell.. and if you like collecting items (as I do) you would love it even more...

Okami is a GREAT game, if you like action/adv/ with some good puzzles.. I play the ps2 version thus.. and as soon as I step on the state next month I`m getting the wii version... and it would give you a LOT of gaming hours :)

i am going to get two games shortly which should i get? i was thinking about twighlight princess. i have galaxy, paper mario, prime 3, mario cart, and brawl. im not really interested in no more heroes or zack and wiki apeters58

Agree with LINKloco, If yu like zelda... get Zelda: TP and Okami.

enjoy gaming...

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Boom Blox or Mario Kart.

Are both worth it because they won't really look like it. But I don't really find much games worth the $50.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#132 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

I need a new music game: Aerosmith or Rock Band?

piemanngamer
I'd say Rock Band but if you're interested, there's Guitar Hero World Tour coming out in Fall which has DLC for Wii. Not sure about online

Boom Blox or Mario Kart.

Are both worth it because they won't really look like it. But I don't really find much games worth the $50.

gotdangit

I haven't played Boom Blox but Mario Kart is definitely worth it. It's the best online game I've ever played on the Wii
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#133 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

Boom Blox or Mario Kart.

Kenny789

I haven't played Boom Blox but Mario Kart is definitely worth it. It's the best online game I've ever played on the Wii

Agree,if you have the money,buy Mario Kart,first.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

Boom Blox or Mario Kart.

gotdangit

Meh, in my opinion Mario Kart isn't worth the money. I haven't played Boom Blox.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

Snyder_Trigger

DO NOT GET CALL OF DUTY 3.

It sucks hard. It's not even worth 5 dollars.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Speed Racer any good?
wukepingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#137 wukepingu
Member since 2008 • 713 Posts
If you mean the movie no. its kinda like a haertsttack caught on film. I don't know about the game, but generally all "movie games" stink on ice.
jellomeister24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 jellomeister24
Member since 2003 • 1321 Posts

Can anyone suggest to me a kickass FPS game centered around OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER?

I'm not expecting Halo 3 quality, just something i can bring to people's houses along with Brawl and Wii Sports...

Actually, any shooting game, 1st or 3rd person doesnt really matter. As long as i get to shoot my buddies.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Kenny789

Can anyone suggest to me a kickass FPS game centered around OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER?

I'm not expecting Halo 3 quality, just something i can bring to people's houses along with Brawl and Wii Sports...

Actually, any shooting game, 1st or 3rd person doesnt really matter. As long as i get to shoot my buddies.

jellomeister24
Only shooter I know with offline multiplayer is Red Steel which is fun but definitely not worth the price tag. Sorry, i really don't know any other

Anyone here have Boom Blox? My dad's is out of the country at the moment and he said he'll get me one game. I'm really interested in Boom Blox but I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag. Is it really good? Or should I get something else like Okami?
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 EmilioDigsIt
If you mean the movie no. its kinda like a haertsttack caught on film. I don't know about the game, but generally all "movie games" stink on ice.wukepingu

I like the movie, but I'm asking about the game.
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

Speed Racer any good?EmilioDigsIt

Haven't played it, but check out the IGN review. They said that it's got a good sense of speed and the controls work. Definently one of the better movie video games.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 LINKloco
[QUOTE="jellomeister24"]

Kenny789
Only shooter I know with offline multiplayer is Red Steel which is fun but definitely not worth the price tag. Sorry, i really don't know any other

Anyone here have Boom Blox? My dad's is out of the country at the moment and he said he'll get me one game. I'm really interested in Boom Blox but I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag. Is it really good? Or should I get something else like Okami?

Go with Okami.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Boom Blox or Mario Kart.

gotdangit

agree with the ppl that think MK is worth it. haven`t got boom blox yet ..

jellomeister24

I do not think that there are any FPS multiplayer offline...

You have RE: UC but it is a rail-on game.

MP3 is a FPS but is not mutiplayer...

sorry... the only good FPS (at least that I know of) is online multi...

Anyone here have Boom Blox? My dad's is out of the country at the moment and he said he'll get me one game. I'm really interested in Boom Blox but I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag. Is it really good? Or should I get something else like Okami?Kenny789

Boom blox was highly recommended to me, but I have not get it yet. Is suppose to be a really nice multiplayer...

That said, I would go with Okami, unless u are lookinng for a multi game.

Hope that helps somehow to all of you.... Enjoy gaming

no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
Red Steel has offline multiplayer and its really cheap right now:)
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#145 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
What would you reccomend. Boom Blox or Wii Fit. Im getting one tomorrow
pantrwrstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 pantrwrstl
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
looking for a good shooter, preferably a FPS and preferably with good online play, thanks for any help
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

looking for a good shooter, preferably a FPS and preferably with good online play, thanks for any help pantrwrstl

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Kenny789
Thanks for all your help guys but my dad already got Boom Blox >__> I plan on getting NMH and Okami next though, thanks again

What would you reccomend. Boom Blox or Wii Fit. Im getting one tomorrowGamerBoy53
Well, I'm getting Blox on Thursday so I'll let you know what I think of it ;)
Avatar image for SlinkyJefferson
SlinkyJefferson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 SlinkyJefferson
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts

Are any of these games worth buying?:

Boom Blox

Dewey's Adventure($20)

Spyro Eternal Night

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Metroid Prime 3

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 EmilioDigsIt

Are any of these games worth buying?:

Boom Blox

Dewey's Adventure($20)

Spyro Eternal Night

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Metroid Prime 3

SlinkyJefferson

Prime 3 is a great game, but the only one of those that I've played. Thinking about getting Dewey's Adventure since it is so cheap now.