Wii Game Recommendation Thread -- ALL 'which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#3401 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

I have bought a new Wii and I have no good games.

Primarily I want to play 'head to head' with my sister inlaw over the DSL.
What games is good for that? (Not hack n' slash, please)

Silvercrona

Competitive games? Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Brawl come into mind. You could also try Boom Blox :)

I've never played ANY call of duty games but after hearing some decent things about modern warfare: reflex for wii, I was thinking about getting it. How is the learning curve of the game? Is it similar to Resident Evil 4 in FPS terms, or the controls are different? Thanks

DSgurl

Controls are a bit different and needs some time getting used to but it's pretty good and if you don't like it then you can customize it. Gameplay is great and online is buzzing.

hongyi192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3402 hongyi192
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey I am looking for a side scrolling multiplayer beat em up game for wii(or WiiWare or VC), a game that's similiar to castle crashers in xbox360. Can anyone recommend any?
uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3403 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
Is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins good?
darkminus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3404 darkminus
Member since 2003 • 5912 Posts

^ Same question, I already have it but haven't broken the seal and played it. Also, I just got a Wii and need some recommended titles. Already have Madworld and I'm ordering No More Heroes soon. I like fighting and action games...shooters, rpgs, and the occasional adventure platformer. Any classic titles and games you feel all gamers/wii owners should buy. Thanks for the help.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3405 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

^ Same question, I already have it but haven't broken the seal and played it. Also, I just got a Wii and need some recommended titles. Already have Madworld and I'm ordering No More Heroes soon. I like fighting and action games...shooters, rpgs, and the occasional adventure platformer. Any classic titles and games you feel all gamers/wii owners should buy. Thanks for the help.

darkminus
Super Mario Galaxy, Okami, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl very good games. You can look on the first post too, there is a list of must haves for the Wii.
darkminus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3406 darkminus
Member since 2003 • 5912 Posts
Thanks! :D
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3407 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

Is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins good?uyiop0t
its good if u like stealth games

if not then no

deimos113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3408 deimos113
Member since 2007 • 516 Posts
Should I get Metroid Prime Trilogy. I've played one and three. Loved them both to death
oceanseve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3409 oceanseve
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm looking for a game easy enough for 3-6 year olds. My daughter enjoys the walkabout in Zelda and handles the toggle fairly well, but doesn't pay enough attention to play any of the sports. I'd really prefer something with more realistic graphics, not so cartoonish, preferably something involving animals that she can just wander through with some simple games. Heard Jumpstart Pet Rescue isn't worth the $. Help?
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3410 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Should I get Metroid Prime Trilogy. I've played one and three. Loved them both to deathdeimos113
If you can find the collection cheap like 20-30$ you should buy it, the game will be rare in the future

shawnyboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3411 shawnyboy95
Member since 2010 • 554 Posts
Totally am with the list. The top 5 must haves are really must haves for Wii Owners..anyone not have any of those games, GET IT NOW(lol I should get some of em too)
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3412 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

whatsup gamers, I just bought a wii and was wondering about punch out, is it more responsive than wii boxing? and can anyone recommend me some sports games (that require you to swing/move your arms)with ok looking characters that doesnt look like mii's. and some zombie offline co-op games. thanks in advance.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3414 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
Is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins good?uyiop0t
is FANTASTIC
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3415 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Metroid Prime Trilogy or Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

I'm thinking of Pre-Ordering TvC but Metroid Prime Trilogy has been discontinued and will be rare soon.

Which will be the better purchase?

I already have Metroid Prime 3.

Wiitabix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3417 Wiitabix

whatsup gamers, I just bought a wii and was wondering about punch out, is it more responsive than wii boxing? and can anyone recommend me some sports games (that require you to swing/move your arms)with ok looking characters that doesnt look like mii's. and some zombie offline co-op games. thanks in advance.

Arctic_Grillz
I like Punch Out - it is more responsive I reckon, plus there are a few variations as to how to hit... plus opponents are harder. As for sports - best for me is "Grand Slam Tennis" used with Wii Motion Plus - good for armswinging if that's what yo need... if you want exercise based sports play though - 'EA Sports Active' - the tennis part of that is basically target practice/exercise - but I think it's great. Be warned if you'r left-handed though - it's right-handed only! That's a pain for me being a 'lefty', but being forced to be a 'righty' is helping my co-ordination skills I reckon! If you like shoot-em-ups the the "House Of The Dead" games are worth a look.... the best being "House Of The Dead: Overkill" -strong laguage, but great humour and good fun! Neil.
uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3418 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

I'm thinking of Pre-Ordering TvC but Metroid Prime Trilogy has been discontinued and will be rare soon.

Probably try the new game, Tatsunoko v Capcom, rather than just a new release of a game you already own.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3419 Kenny789

LegatoSkyheart
Well have you played the other Primes? If not then I'd probably get that. If you did then just get Tatsunoko, I had the same dilemna but I never played a Prime game so I just went with Prime :P Hope I don't kick myself in the butt over it (still haven't played it).
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3420 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
So thanks to all those Nintendo games I've got I managed to get 1700 points for the Wii Shop. I want to spend 1000 of those for Phoenix Wright since I never have played any of the games before and save 100 additional points for the fifth case that will be released later. That leaves me 600 points but I have no clue what I should get for those. And since I live in Europe consider this in your recommendations :?
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3421 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="Arctic_Grillz"]

Wiitabix
I like Punch Out - it is more responsive I reckon, plus there are a few variations as to how to hit... plus opponents are harder. As for sports - best for me is "Grand Slam Tennis" used with Wii Motion Plus - good for armswinging if that's what yo need... if you want exercise based sports play though - 'EA Sports Active' - the tennis part of that is basically target practice/exercise - but I think it's great. Be warned if you'r left-handed though - it's right-handed only! That's a pain for me being a 'lefty', but being forced to be a 'righty' is helping my co-ordination skills I reckon! If you like shoot-em-ups the the "House Of The Dead" games are worth a look.... the best being "House Of The Dead: Overkill" -strong laguage, but great humour and good fun! Neil.

thanks man! I'll pick those games up and hopefully i'll like it!
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3422 LegatoSkyheart

So thanks to all those Nintendo games I've got I managed to get 1700 points for the Wii Shop. I want to spend 1000 of those for Phoenix Wright since I never have played any of the games before and save 100 additional points for the fifth case that will be released later. That leaves me 600 points but I have no clue what I should get for those. And since I live in Europe consider this in your recommendations :?uRan_Ehr

hmm...try some Sega Genesis Games.

or you could save it for other DLC.

CHATEMIN8ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3423 CHATEMIN8ER
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts
Got my wii a few days ago, i already have metroid prime and mario kart. Im thinking of buying either super mario galaxy or super mario brothers wii. Which one is should i pick p, im gonna eventually pick up the other one too.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3424 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Got my wii a few days ago, i already have metroid prime and mario kart. Im thinking of buying either super mario galaxy or super mario brothers wii. Which one is should i pick p, im gonna eventually pick up the other one too.CHATEMIN8ER
Super Mario Galaxy is i think the best wii game thus far. But if mutiplayer is your thing, then go for nsmb wii. Can't go wrong either way.
Avatar image for samusownsyou123
samusownsyou123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3425 samusownsyou123
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts
The ones listed are VERY good games, and Okami is amazing. I recently bought the game and even though I'm only about 7 hours into the game, it is great. A lot like Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. You can't own a Wii and not have these two games, also New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and SSBB.
VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3426 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

Hello Wii boards! This is my first time posting in the Wii section, I usually hang out in Legacy Platforms. Anyhow, I was wondering your opinion onwhat the next couple of games I should add to my library are. So far I have:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Okami
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
No More Heroes
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

No Virtual Console or downloadable stuff please, I already have a great collection of older games, so strictly Wii titles here. Thanks!

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3427 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Hello Wii boards! This is my first time posting in the Wii section, I usually hang out in Legacy Platforms. Anyhow, I was wondering your opinion onwhat the next couple of games I should add to my library are. So far I have:

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Okami
No More Heroes

No Virtual Console or downloadable stuff please, I already have a great collection of older games, so strictly Wii titles here. Thanks!

VVatson

I'd like to point out that your collection is alot like mine (mostly identical :P). I'm personally really excited for Tatsunoko vs Capcom and No More Heroes 2 which are both coming out next week. If you enjoyed the first NMH, the sequel looks to be a major improvement over the first one as it fixes alot of the problems with the first game as well as adding alot of new content. As for TatsuCap, it's the latest in the Capcom Vs. series, so if you're into fighting games in general, it looks to be a really good Wii exclusive fighter. So yeah, they're both coming out next week and both look to be quality titles. Also, if you can wait until later in the year, there's going to be Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M and possibly the new Zelda Wii (2011 is more likely). You know these are going to be amazing games so definitely keep an eye out for them.

I know my recommendations aren't games that are currently out, but the 2010 lineup looks to be packed with plenty of goodies (and that's only the stuff we know is coming out :P). Although TatsuCap and NMH2 are out next week so I would recommend checking those out for now.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3428 Kenny789

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Okami
No More Heroes

VVatson

You could try Boom Blox, Wii Sports Resort or WarioWare for some multiplayer fun simple games. Dunno what else to recommend, you could also try Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii :P Or just wait for Tatsunoko vs Capcom and No More Heroes 2.

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3429 VVatson

Thank you guys, both great recommendations.

I think I have my eyes set on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, so I'll get that very soon instead of getting something right away.

myols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3430 myols
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

Possibly getting a Wii a lot sooner than I had planned in a few months. What are 5-10 really good games everyone should play?

Note: I am already going to be getting: Legend of Zelda: Twiligh Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, and Okami ASAP. I just need help picking out some other good ones as I haven't really followed Wii releases like I do DS.

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3431 VVatson

Check my collection, plus the recommendations under it, a couple of posts up.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3432 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I am happy to report my favorite reviewer has written very positive reviews for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Sin and Punishment 2 and Max and the magic marker.
I am downloading Max as i type.
Please be aware You can play the demo online here on pc.
Guys, this year is looking to be an Awesome Ace wii year, we already got 3 full titles in our pocket and a really cool wiiware title.

lmdsfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3433 lmdsfr
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hello all... looking to get some suggestions for multi-player games for the wii. Already have Mario Kart, and Resort as well as the Wii Fit. Would love an RPG or Action adventure type that 2 of us could play together.Is there any thing out there that you'd recommend?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3434 LegatoSkyheart

Hello all... looking to get some suggestions for multi-player games for the wii. Already have Mario Kart, and Resort as well as the Wii Fit. Would love an RPG or Action adventure type that 2 of us could play together.Is there any thing out there that you'd recommend?

lmdsfr

hmmm. New Super Mario Bros Wii is what your going to get for Multiplayer.

As for RPGs I'm not really sure.

luigi9863

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3435 luigi9863
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
Hey everybody! I was just wondering what your opinions are on Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Dead Space Extraction and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Also, in your opinion which of the three is the better game? Thanks in advance!
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3436 Kenny789
Hey everybody! I was just wondering what your opinions are on Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Dead Space Extraction and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Also, in your opinion which of the three is the better game? Thanks in advance!luigi9863
I'd get Dead Space or Silent Hill if I we're you. I know a lot of people enjoyed them compared to Darkside.
marriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3437 marriv

has anyone noticed that most of the games listed are out of stock at gamestop

ItsMyTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3438 ItsMyTime

has anyone noticed that most of the games listed are out of stock at gamestop

marriv
Did you expect that the popular games would have low sales and would be in stock?...
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3439 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
So um ... I know it sounds like blasphemy but I've never played any home console Zelda game. Played all of the handheld based Zeldas (besides Spirit Tracks which I still have to get) but since I always went with Sony only (except for this gen) I've never had the opportunity to play any of the "big" Zelda games. First off how many are there? I know about MM, OoT, WW and TP. And since TP becomes hard to get (I've barely have seen new copies of it in stores lately) I guess I will have to get it soon. Always wanted to wait for a price drop but that seems to be a word not known to Nintendo :( I heard a lot of bad things about TP like that it's a bit boring and repetitive but since I never played any of them I could hardly compare when I played it a bit at a friend. Should I go with MM and OoT from the WiiWare shop first since they are cheaper but I do fear that the graphic on those two games hasn't aged very good and I won't play through it. So should I spent 20$ on OoT and MM or should I play TP for 50$ and see if I even like the 3D Zeldas? :?
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3440 Kenny789
[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]So um ... I know it sounds like blasphemy but I've never played any home console Zelda game. Played all of the handheld based Zeldas (besides Spirit Tracks which I still have to get) but since I always went with Sony only (except for this gen) I've never had the opportunity to play any of the "big" Zelda games. First off how many are there? I know about MM, OoT, WW and TP. And since TP becomes hard to get (I've barely have seen new copies of it in stores lately) I guess I will have to get it soon. Always wanted to wait for a price drop but that seems to be a word not known to Nintendo :( I heard a lot of bad things about TP like that it's a bit boring and repetitive but since I never played any of them I could hardly compare when I played it a bit at a friend. Should I go with MM and OoT from the WiiWare shop first since they are cheaper but I do fear that the graphic on those two games hasn't aged very good and I won't play through it. So should I spent 20$ on OoT and MM or should I play TP for 50$ and see if I even like the 3D Zeldas? :?

TP was the first console Zelda game I played and I had a fantastic time. I'd say forget what you've read and get the game!
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3441 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="Kenny789"][QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]So um ... I know it sounds like blasphemy but I've never played any home console Zelda game. Played all of the handheld based Zeldas (besides Spirit Tracks which I still have to get) but since I always went with Sony only (except for this gen) I've never had the opportunity to play any of the "big" Zelda games. First off how many are there? I know about MM, OoT, WW and TP. And since TP becomes hard to get (I've barely have seen new copies of it in stores lately) I guess I will have to get it soon. Always wanted to wait for a price drop but that seems to be a word not known to Nintendo :( I heard a lot of bad things about TP like that it's a bit boring and repetitive but since I never played any of them I could hardly compare when I played it a bit at a friend. Should I go with MM and OoT from the WiiWare shop first since they are cheaper but I do fear that the graphic on those two games hasn't aged very good and I won't play through it. So should I spent 20$ on OoT and MM or should I play TP for 50$ and see if I even like the 3D Zeldas? :?

TP was the first console Zelda game I played and I had a fantastic time. I'd say forget what you've read and get the game!

Yeah just be sure to look up on how to fish at the beginning. Because that part gets people stuck sometimes for hours.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3442 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

There's a new recommendations thread now so I am closing and unsticking this one.The new thread can be found here.