Why no GTA IV for Wii

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
I wonder why they want Manhunt for Wii but not GTA?
MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MasterSwordXXX
Member since 2007 • 943 Posts
No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!
japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

gta is trash

bomberkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bomberkid100
Member since 2004 • 841 Posts
its playnly the wii's power. Rockstar would have to make a completely different version. Therefore it wont be called GTA4;)
Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
after the manhunt for wii was announced i was hoping for GTA
bomberkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bomberkid100
Member since 2004 • 841 Posts

gta is trash

japanesegoth
umm no is it because its not on the wii
japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 japanesegoth
i own a ps2 (owned...it broke wouldn't ya know it)...and an xbox...i have (or had in the ps2's case) no problems with them.  the main problem i have with the game is that the missions aren't very interesting, and most of the time people just play the game to run around and kill people anyway...the game just doesn't interest me that much. give me any of the gta games and i can't tell the difference...i wouldn't buy it even if it was on the wii.
Fat_jonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fat_jonny
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts
They'll probably do a remake of Bully or like Bully 2 because of my knowelege most wii owners are under 17
MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MasterSwordXXX
They'll probably do a remake of Bully or like Bully 2 because of my knowelege most wii owners are under 17Fat_jonny
Bully was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Good.. BOONdock Saints was the best flick of all time
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I think i remember Reggie mentioning about Nintendo trying to bring GTA to the Wii, but its seems Manhunt will determine wether there will be a GTA game or none for the Wii.

MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MasterSwordXXX
[QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

Duckman5

It really is, I don't know why so many people like it. I guess that really proves if it involves senseless killing and shooting idiots will buy it. 

the San andreas was absurd! it had sex in it! it was actually rated AO, but they took out the sex like a year later and made it M....... the 3rd one was black guys saying the N-word every other second...... GAR to The BAGE!
japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 japanesegoth
[QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

Duckman5

It really is, I don't know why so many people like it. I guess that really proves if it involves senseless killing and shooting idiots will buy it. 

but it's a more mature game so of course all the little kids will like it..lol..that pretty much sums up their reasoning.
austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 austin
Member since 2002 • 424 Posts

i have a ps3 as well but it would have coo; to have it for the wii

VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!MasterSwordXXX
I dunno, they would need to remake the graphics from the ground up.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

japanesegoth

but it's a more mature game so of course all the little kids will like it..lol..that pretty much sums up their reasoning.

Hah! Your right. 

Banana03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Banana03
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!MasterSwordXXX
What are you talking about? The games are nothing alike.
MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MasterSwordXXX
[QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"]No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!VegetaJr
I dunno, they would need to remake the graphics from the ground up.

I think the graphics are very cool and unique........ it has almost the same gameplay except u cant hijack
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts

gta is trash

MasterSwordXXX

the San andreas was absurd! it had sex in it! it was actually rated AO, but they took out the sex like a year later and made it M....... the 3rd one was black guys saying the N-word every other second...... GAR to The BAGE!

I thought SA was the best one. I would have been nice for IV to come to Wii but it's not and I'm fine with that however SA Stories isn't out of the question :D
footballstar07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 footballstar07
Member since 2007 • 698 Posts

gta is trash

japanesegoth
You u really are crazy. Dand good luck.
MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MasterSwordXXX
[QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"]No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!Banana03

you have no idea what you are talking about............ the games are both free roaming in muktuiple citys............ you do side missions and missions just like GTA................ U have a motorcycle................. the only real difference is graphics......
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angelfly
[QUOTE="Banana03"][QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"]No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!MasterSwordXXX

you have no idea what you are talking about............ the games are both free roaming in muktuiple citys............ you do side missions and missions just like GTA................ U have a motorcycle................. the only real difference is graphics......

Actually NMH isn't really free roaming. You basically use the bike to go from point A to point B but it's not a sandbox city like GTA. Suda 51 explained it in an interview where he said he enjoys GTA but out of respect you didn't want to copy it.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
If its an mmo like people seem to think it is, it needs to have a similar play experience on all platforms: 360, PS3, PC.  I dont doubt that with the Wii's sales the way they are that we will see a GTA game or two in the future.
shocker99999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shocker99999
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

Actually, Smuggler's Run:Warzones was a Rockstar game that was on the gamecube .

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
I wonder why they want Manhunt for Wii but not GTA?Slingblade1170
Isnt it obvious? First what GTA title has EVER come to a Nintendo console? None. Second, Whats the biggest thing going for GTA IV? Thats right, its graphics, can the Wii get anywhere near that? Nope. So theres why...
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angelfly
[QUOTE="Slingblade1170"]I wonder why they want Manhunt for Wii but not GTA?soulfood4
Isnt it obvious? First what GTA title has EVER come to a Nintendo console? None. Second, Whats the biggest thing going for GTA IV? Thats right, its graphics, can the Wii get anywhere near that? Nope. So theres why...

GTA was on GBA
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soulfood4
[QUOTE="soulfood4"][QUOTE="Slingblade1170"]I wonder why they want Manhunt for Wii but not GTA?angelfly

GTA was on GBA

I know that, thats why i said consoles. Thats a handheld...
mcxps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mcxps3
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts

gta is trash

MasterSwordXXX

Shut the hell up u wish u had this game on the wii, San Andreas is probably the most epic and artisically beautiful game ever. I am a black dude and i wasnt offended at all by the use of the N word. I say it all the time in my head . The word means nothing except how stupid the ppl who say it are to each other. I bet u watch Chappelle show all the time so keep quiet.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11943 Posts
probably the same reason GTA has never shown up on N
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soulfood4
[QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

mcxps3

Shut the hell up u wish u had this game on the wii, San Andreas is probably the most epic and artisically beautiful game ever. I am a black dude and i wasnt offended at all by the use of the N word. I say it all the time in my head . The word means nothing except how stupid the ppl who say it are to each other. I bet u watch Chappelle show all the time so keep quiet.

Lol
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

gta is trash

mcxps3

San Andreas is probably the most epic and artisically beautiful game ever..

HA..... I think you need your head examined
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 soulfood4
[QUOTE="mcxps3"][QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

kidrock17xp

Really your going a bit too far there. Plus games are not art...
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kidrock17xp
[QUOTE="kidrock17xp"][QUOTE="mcxps3"][QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

soulfood4

Plus games are not art...

I'd have to disagree with you on that. I mean yeh it's not the same as a painting, but it's still art.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 soulfood4

I'd have to disagree with you on that. I mean yeh it's not the same as a painting, but it's still art.kidrock17xp
Well not really, its a different kind of art...i cant really explain it....
ZeroWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZeroWil
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts

Personally, I don't see why.

The GTA series is great, but it gets kind of repetitive.  Every game feels the same and the missions seem to be repeated (i.e. kill all *enter nationality* or get this person from point A to point B).

I don't think its a bad idea (they should be able to do it if they just reduce the graphics).

Besides, I think people would be spending more time playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl than GTA. 

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soulfood4

Personally, I don't see why.

The GTA series is great, but it gets kind of repetitive.  Every game feels the same and the missions seem to be repeated (i.e. kill all *enter nationality* or get this person from point A to point B).

I don't think its a bad idea (they should be able to do it if they just reduce the graphics).

Besides, I think people would be spending more time playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl than GTA. 

ZeroWil
Its really the story that draws me in, and the freedom to go anywhere you want and do anything you want. GTA was the first game that did that, and now theres so many clones of it, its really hard to believe peiople that say GTA sucks when you see them playing Crackdown or True Crime. Sure there was Oblivion but GTA was a different genre
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kidrock17xp
i'd much prefer a game like oblivion than gta
MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MasterSwordXXX

gta is trash

mcxps3

1st, i really wouldnt care if i had a GTA, it would be fine i guess, more to the wii the better, but i dont watch the chappele show at all
Ale_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ale_22
Member since 2007 • 1234 Posts

There was a GTA for the GBA advance

MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MasterSwordXXX

[QUOTE="MasterSwordXXX"]No More Heroes Is The wiis GTA........ ALso, untill manhunt, no rockstar game has been on a nintendo system...... I hope TABLETENNIS COMES TO WII!Ale_22

There was a GTA for the GBA advance

I didnt count that because i forgot and all you did was drive from a to b really........... and for the guy who screamed at me, calm down.......... this is a video game forum, not a frickin debate.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
It would have to be a completely different GTA or a severely downgraded version of IV. The Wii's hardware obviously can't stand up to the competition in terms of storage and visual capability.
Stickyman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stickyman12
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Because GTA sucks.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="japanesegoth"]

gta is trash

Duckman5

How the dickens can you say that and own The Godfather?
Callofdutynoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Callofdutynoob
Member since 2007 • 1058 Posts

there makeing a scarface for it and the godfather is just as good. :) it is fun choking someone to death :D

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 soulfood4

gta is trash

tomarlyn

How the dickens can you say that and own The Godfather?

Well i was going to say something, but since your only talking about the game, there really isnt much to say....
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
Well i reckon after Rockstar playes Godfather and realises how fun it is they will be temped to bring a GTA to the Wii
visualmusiC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 visualmusiC
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

It really is, I don't know why so many people
like it. I guess that really proves if it involves senseless killing
and shooting idiots will buy it.

That's a bold statement. I could understand if you don't like the game because no matter how great the game is, there will be people who dislike it. But to call anyone who buy's the game an idiot is plain stupidity. Even though the game is strong on violence that's not the reason why it gets praised and you know that. Anyways, I don't think the Wii is capable of handling a game as big as GTA. They would have to completely re-do the game and most likely the outcome wouldn't be GTAIV. It's be more like GTAII, :lol:.

Plug_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Plug_One
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
Is hating violent games the cool things among Nintendo fans now? I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, but I've always leaned towads Nintendo. But you guys are just being ridiculous. Have you ever thought that MAYBE, just MAYBE, the GTA games are actually fun instead of just saying "lol mindless killing." I get disgusted when I hear people call games like Gears Of War a "mindless shooter." What the hell is mindless about it?
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#50 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
I think Manhunt 2 is Rockstar's way of testing the waters on the Wii.  If the game sells well, and shows them there's a market for these types of games on the Wii, I believe they'll put a GTA on the console.  GTA IV?  Probably not.  But as long as it's not just a port of GTA III, VC, SA, or any of the PSP games I'd be happy.  A GTA built ground up with the Wii remote in mind could be great, and I'd bet on R* delivering.  Hopefully it happens.  We'll see.