Why can't Luigi have his own game?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

What's the point of having Luigi in his own game's if he's going to do the same exact things Mario does. :?

TriniPlayer

So what was the purpose in making Luigi's mansion then?

It introduced new mechanics and basically made Luigi's personality as we know it now. Before Luigi's Mansion Luigi was just green Mario.

But in the OP you said that you wanted Luigi to "do all the same things like Mario." So whats the point if it's going to be the same game just with a different character? [spoiler] Galaxy's Luigi run through is exactly what you're asking for. You do realize that right? [/spoiler]

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
@nintendofreak_2 ok so if you said that the game basically brings out Luigi's true personality on how we know him today,we now know that he isn't the same as his brother mario and you said yourself that before,he was just green mario so why can't we get more games that is based on Luigi ONLY so he can stand out on his own?.Elpooz himself said that each character is unique in their own way and contributes to the mario franchise which i totally agree on.I know what i said about"Luigi doing all of the same things like mario"but it was just to bring up a point,that's all.
giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"] I just want to know,how in the world do you know that it wouldn't sell as well?You know how many Luigi fans must be waiting for this opportunity to get a game that is based only on Luigi? and not everyone likes to play with mario.TriniPlayer

(Count me in the group of Luigi fans that would kill for this game)

See where i am going with this?,Luigi12901 agrees with me cause just by looking at his avatar,you could see that he is a Luigi fan so that's the point i'm trying to make here.

I am also aHUGEfan of Luigi! count me in the group too! He deserves a good game other than luigi's mansion

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#54 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

@nintendofreak_2 ok so if you said that the game basically brings out Luigi's true personality on how we know him today,we now know that he isn't the same as his brother mario and you said yourself that before,he was just green mario so why can't we get more games that is based on Luigi ONLY so he can stand out on his own?.Elpooz himself said that each character is unique in their own way and contributes to the mario franchise which i totally agree on.I know what i said about"Luigi doing all of the same things like mario"but it was just to bring up a point,that's all.TriniPlayer
His personality won't contribute anything to him running or jumping. :|

I'm all for Luigi having his own games, but they need to be different. Why do you think they stopped making DK games (and the ones that have come out since DK64 have been quite unique).

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="giga_yeti"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

(Count me in the group of Luigi fans that would kill for this game)

See where i am going with this?,Luigi12901 agrees with me cause just by looking at his avatar,you could see that he is a Luigi fan so that's the point i'm trying to make here.

I am also aHUGEfan of Luigi! count me in the group too! He deserves a good game other than luigi's mansion

See the point i'm trying to make here?,us Luigi fans know what we want.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]@nintendofreak_2 ok so if you said that the game basically brings out Luigi's true personality on how we know him today,we now know that he isn't the same as his brother mario and you said yourself that before,he was just green mario so why can't we get more games that is based on Luigi ONLY so he can stand out on his own?.Elpooz himself said that each character is unique in their own way and contributes to the mario franchise which i totally agree on.I know what i said about"Luigi doing all of the same things like mario"but it was just to bring up a point,that's all.nintendofreak_2

His personality won't contribute anything to him running or jumping. :|

I'm all for Luigi having his own games, but they need to be different. Why do you think they stopped making DK games (and the ones that have come out since DK64 have been quite unique).

Take mario and Luigi-Partners in time for example,i personally think that if it wasn't for Luigi,i wouldn't be laughing everytime he did something that is hilarious in some parts of the storyline so i think that contributes within a mario game.

Luigirulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#57 Luigirulez
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
I think a Luigi game would be great!. It would also be cool if the main villain was Wart from SMB2.
Luigirulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#58 Luigirulez
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
Here's something to think about, what if luigi had all the games from the start? Then everyone would be like "why can't mario have his own game?" . So I guess it's almost a good thing that luigi doesn't have is own game. :(
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

A Luigi game would be different simply because Luigi is Mario's opposite. I don't see how people play the Mario games and don't see that. Mario = serious, committed hero, Luigi = funny, comic relief hero who likes to talkA LOT. That's why Luigi is there people, he isa foil... it's his whole purpose. So a game with him would be way different simply because it would be more comic and less "ima marrio, i a save the princess, a nothing stop me".

He could be doing similar things, but really, in EVERY platformer, the characters jump, run and so on :|. So you could say that it's pointless to make ANY platformer, because we have always had Mario ones. That doesn't make sense. Plus, Luigi has different abilities (ie, different fireballs or fireballs PERIOD - when the hell does Mario even use his? different attacks - play SSB people- and a waaaaay different mindset - play the games that include them both and compare how they approach situations, it is MUCH different).

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

A Luigi's Mansion for the DS would be fun.ASK_Story

I agree, useing the touch screen and pin to catch ghosts would be fun.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Luigi can't get his game on because of this ----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va8Sh4Agr58

somomom

In-Flamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 In-Flamez
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

[QUOTE="somomom"]

Luigi can't get his game on because of this ----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va8Sh4Agr58

sman3579

I was going to post that.

destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts
Why do they always make the sidekick cooler? Tails was better than Sonic and Luigi is better than Mario...
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#65 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

Why do they always make the sidekick cooler? Tails was better than Sonic and Luigi is better than Mario...destroyerHHH

Because the main characters are supposedto be all-business save the day type. The sidekicks are alllowed to have different types of personalities.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Take mario and Luigi-Partners in time for example,i personally think that if it wasn't for Luigi,i wouldn't be laughing everytime he did something that is hilarious in some parts of the storyline so i think that contributes within a mario game.

TriniPlayer

What about in Paper Mario Luigi/Mr. L is very funny in the game. I think it would be cool if they made a Luigi game were the Villian was his clone that acted was basically Mr. L then it would be twice as much Luigi (I know Nintendo did it with both Mario Sunshine and Adventure of Link.) They can do it with Luigi's own game. Because both characters are great Mr. L and Luigi. I would also like them in full 3D.

MegamanHelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 MegamanHelp
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
There are a few online Luigi games, but it is pretty unfair when you think about it.
Scorpio196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Scorpio196
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts

He does have his own game.

It's called Mario is missing for the SNES, PC and the DOS. It is a geography based edutainment game where you have to find certain clues that will lead you to where mario went.

Not a very good game...

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

He does have his own game.

It's called Mario is missing for the SNES, PC and the DOS. It is a geography based edutainment game where you have to find certain clues that will lead you to where mario went.

Not a very good game...

Scorpio196

Not Nintendo so I don't count it. It's kinda like Hotel Mario, and the CDi Zelda's those aren't made by Nintendo or even Published by Nintendo so I don't think they count. Luigi's Mansion counts since it was developed by Nintendo and Published by Nintendo.

drnatedogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 drnatedogg
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts

They basically have an RPG set up for him, though it would be corny and a little weird, but thats who luigi is. Paper Luigi and the Waffle Kingdom, or whatever you want to call it, can be easily made with the story of what happened in ttyd. This can be luigis little adventure then he could also get a real platform type game like Luigi's Adventure, kind of like marios game. Luigi is easily the kooler character. his clumsy sort of wimpy ways actually kind of boost his charcter up. Im also really disappointed that the new Luigis Mansion (the only luigi game they ever made turned out to be probably the best gamecube game. Any clues Nintendo) is coming out for 3DS. Wishing it would come out for wii or wiiU,

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

They basically have an RPG set up for him, though it would be corny and a little weird, but thats who luigi is. Paper Luigi and the Waffle Kingdom, or whatever you want to call it, can be easily made with the story of what happened in ttyd. This can be luigis little adventure then he could also get a real platform type game like Luigi's Adventure, kind of like marios game. Luigi is easily the kooler character. his clumsy sort of wimpy ways actually kind of boost his charcter up. Im also really disappointed that the new Luigis Mansion (the only luigi game they ever made turned out to be probably the best gamecube game. Any clues Nintendo) is coming out for 3DS. Wishing it would come out for wii or wiiU,

drnatedogg

Don't post in old threads, this is from 2009

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#73 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'm just happy to have a Luigi's Mansion 2, but I understand what you mean. it would be nice if there was a new platforming game that starred Luigi with Mario taking the backseat, or actually not being present at all.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Whoa isnt this just a blast from the past. GS should have this feature in the forums where topics automaticly lock after a year or so.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
It would just be a mario game then it's pointless. Mario made the franchise and Luigi is already featured so why not have them both playable under Mario which is the franchise name. Luigi's mansion is unique so that's why it's good for Luigi to get his own unique franchise.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#76 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
You can play the entire game with Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy.
vgamefreak225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 vgamefreak225
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

Luigi is the sexier one any way.

javelin121

You're scaring me.

vgamefreak225