Why can't Luigi have his own game?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

This has been bothering me for some time now and i was thinking,why can't Luigi have his own game?.He always have to go behind Mario just like Tails go behind Sonic.Its not like Mario is any better than Luigi so why can't Luigi stand out on his own in a game?

.Luigii

By the way,i know one of his games is Luigi's mansion but i'm talking about a real adventure game for Luigi where he does all the same things like mario.Mario get games like super mario Galaxy and mario sunshine so i was just thinking,why not Luigi?

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

Luigi has always been the sidekick. Mario has always been the main character, and is most iconic. For him to get his own game would be like Dumbledore (from Harry Potter) getting his own movie. That's just how it is.

InsaneGamer323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 InsaneGamer323
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts
You can play as luigi in new super mario brothers DS and in SSBB
javelin121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 javelin121
Member since 2008 • 477 Posts

Luigi is the sexier one any way.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#5 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

You can play as luigi in new super mario brothers DS and in SSBBInsaneGamer323

Yeah, but neither of those are Luigi's own game, are they? I want a game where Luigi is the main character. After you play through it the first time, you could use Mario or something like that.

pjrulez312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 pjrulez312
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts
i totally agree- i personally like Luigi MUCH more than stupid Mario. For example, I remember in one game (cannot remember name), where Luigi was able to jump higher than Mario where as Mario couldn't do anything. So yes I agree that Luigi should be able to have his own game instead of always being in the background and second to Mario.
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 SuperfastSonic
Member since 2008 • 12114 Posts
I don't know. I think Luigi deserves an RPG.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

prinnyhero25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 prinnyhero25
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts
That would be great, but I don't that's going to happen anytime soon. It's sad that Nintendo doesn't care about a lot Luigi, just look at the Paper Mario series, one of the NPCs in TTYD said that if your Luigi fan your going to love the next Paper Mario game and look what happened. :(
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Yandere

Don't forget a game called mario is missing (technically a luigi game)

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )
prinnyhero25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 prinnyhero25
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Tails have his own game?
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2chimcha3
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts

CUZ, mario's a game hog. Luigi is his envy. Also, NINTENDO isnt always very smart...

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I think that's kind of contradicting to ask for a Luigi game where you do all the things Mario does in his games. Basically to get that just play Super Mario Galaxy. I know you can unlock Luigi and play through as him if you get all the stars or something.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="prinnyhero25"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )

never heard of it. but luigi has his own game. i mentioned tails because tails is different from sonic (DUH!) and do different things. luigi's NOT green mario
prinnyhero25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 prinnyhero25
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="prinnyhero25"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )

never heard of it. but luigi has his own game. i mentioned tails because tails is different from sonic (DUH!) and do different things. luigi's NOT green mario

I see what you mean, kind of misread your first post, sorry. I'm not surprised you never heard about any of Tails' games, I looked them up and he apparently had three of them, one on something called a Pico(which I never heard of) and two on the Game Gear and each of them were very different from regular sonic games.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Yus, he is my favorite from the Mario universe and needs a damn game to himself. I mean, Yoshi, Peach and even Wario have all gotten their personal games (Wario and Yoshi even got multiple ones) and Luigi has one where he hunts ghosts :|? Fail Nintendo, Fail.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I think it would be cool for Luigi to have his own game. Not Luigi's Mansion I liked it but I hated that you were just limited to the Mansion and the Mansion grounds. I would like something Like Luigi's Mansion but were you can go through a whole city. Like an Open World Luigi game also Luigi needs to be able to Jump.

Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )prinnyhero25

Tails' game was only on the Game Gear and Japan only, so it's very rare, and mostly unheard of in other reigons. I can't even remeber the name without looking it up.

On topic though, Luigi had 2 games of his own, and one was even a launch title. What else do you want? Maybe if the games weren't so bad they'd make more with him as the main character.

giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts
Luigi really does need his own game. he is just as good as Mario, if not better
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="prinnyhero25"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )child_of_lileth

Tails' game was only on the Game Gear and Japan only, so it's very rare, and mostly unheard of in other reigons. I can't even remeber the name without looking it up.

On topic though, Luigi had 2 games of his own, and one was even a launch title. What else do you want? Maybe if the games weren't so bad they'd make more with him as the main character.

One of those games wasn't even made by Nintendo Nintendo didn't even publish it. Also Luigi's Mansion was great for a Launch Title but I wanted more freedom also I hated only being able to jump in Boss Battles (If I remember correctly) I also hated the camera angle but if they make a title where Luigi is the main character and it doesn't have anything to do with the other titles I would like it.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Yandere

he said he knows that game...read the whole post

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TriniPlayer
because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )BrunoBRS
hold on for one sec,who said anything about Luigi being mario's sidekick?They are brothers so its only fair that Luigi should get his own game cause Luigi is just as good as Mario and just maybe,he could do alot better.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

ACL0V3R

he said he knows that game...read the whole post

that. i thought mentioning LM was too obvious, so i read the rest of the post and thus managed to make a more solid argument :P

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="prinnyhero25"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because... he's a sidekick. he's NOT supposed to do the same things as mario *glares at tails* ¬¬ he should have a game that is luigi-like. like luigi's mansion :P besides, there is "SUPER LUIIIIGI GALAXY!". you just have to pick all 120 stars with mario and beat the game again. and you only hear luigi saying that once (unfortunately... i laughed so hard when i heard it :lol: )child_of_lileth

So you're telling me that i should be satisfied with just 2 games from Luigi?.Mario has much more games by himself and that could be one of the reasons why he is more popular than Luigi today.If nintendo would just know how to use Luigi,just how they used mario to make super mario galaxy,i'm sure that he would be just as popular as his brother mario.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="child_of_lileth"]

[QUOTE="prinnyhero25"] Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Tails have his own game?TriniPlayer

So you're telling me that i should be satisfied with just 2 games from Luigi?.Mario has much more games by himself and that could be one of the reasons why he is more popular than Luigi today.If nintendo would just know how to use Luigi,just how they used mario to make super mario galaxy,i'm sure that he would be just as popular as his brother mario.

again: luigi's NOT green mario. if he's going to star a platformer, it'll be different from what we see in mario games. and he's not the main character in the super MARIO franchise. it's obvious he wouldnt get the highlights.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="child_of_lileth"]

BrunoBRS

again: luigi's NOT green mario. if he's going to star a platformer, it'll be different from what we see in mario games. and he's not the main character in the super MARIO franchise. it's obvious he wouldnt get the highlights.

I understand what you are saying but that doesn't say that nintendo can't work something out for a new fanchise for Luigi and i'm sure that if they come up with something good,Luigi would become just as popluar is mario.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"] So you're telling me that i should be satisfied with just 2 games from Luigi?.Mario has much more games by himself and that could be one of the reasons why he is more popular than Luigi today.If nintendo would just know how to use Luigi,just how they used mario to make super mario galaxy,i'm sure that he would be just as popular as his brother mario.TriniPlayer

I understand what you are saying but that doesn't say that nintendo can't work something out for a new fanchise for Luigi and i'm sure that if they come up with something good,Luigi would become just as popluar is mario.

sure. as long as it's not a mario game with "green mario" :P BTW, remember in paper mario: TTYD when luigi would tell the tales from "his game adventure"? they were hilarious, nintendo should make a paper luigi telling this story :lol:
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

again: luigi's NOT green mario. if he's going to star a platformer, it'll be different from what we see in mario games. and he's not the main character in the super MARIO franchise. it's obvious he wouldnt get the highlights.BrunoBRS

sure. as long as it's not a mario game with "green mario" :P BTW, remember in paper mario: TTYD when luigi would tell the tales from "his game adventure"? they were hilarious, nintendo should make a paper luigi telling this story :lol:

Never got the chance to play paper mario though but i would like to hear about the tales you are refering to.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
A Luigi's Mansion for the DS would be fun.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

TriniPlayer

Never got the chance to play paper mario though but i would like to hear about the tales you are refering to.

well, he pretty much narrates what happened in the original paper mario, but it's bizarre, nonsense, hilarious, and since it's luigi, he fails :lol:

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

What you need to do is look through the eyes of Nintendo. They title games with Mario because he sells wonderfully. Thats what the video game industry is about, making money... haven't figured that out yet?

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

What's the point of having Luigi in his own game's if he's going to do the same exact things Mario does. :?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

What's the point of having Luigi in his own game's if he's going to do the same exact things Mario does. :?

nintendofreak_2
Personality.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS

nintendofreak_2
that's what i and the TC have been talking this whole topic... about how it would have to be different from mario, since luigi's NOT green mario (i should have a hotkey for that quote by now :lol: )
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

There is Luigi's Mansion but for the DS, well, he deserves his own game.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 elpooz

Luigi is very much a main character in the Mario universe. Just as Peach. Those 3 = the trio that make up the Mario franchise. Mario hasoften had his brother right next to him and a princess to save. Saying Luigi isn't a main protagonist is like saying that Bowser isn't Mario's primary villain. Everyone who knows of Mario knows of those 3 characters.

Even if he isn't considered one though, the fact still stands: they gave Mario's pet dinosaur and wacky, mostly unmentioned brother multiple games, and then even gave one to the damsel in distress, but only one meh one to Luigi. I hates you Nintendo...

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TriniPlayer

nintendofreak_2
So what was the purpose in making Luigi's mansion then?
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

Luigi is very much a main character in the Mario universe. Just as Peach. Those 3 = the trio that make up the Mario franchise. Mario hasoften had his brother right next to him and a princess to save. Saying Luigi isn't a main protagonist is like saying that Bowser isn't Mario's primary villain. Everyone who knows of Mario knows of those 3 characters.

Even if he isn't considered one though, the fact still stands: they gave Mario's pet dinosaur and wacky, mostly unmentioned brother multiple games, and then even gave one to the damsel in distress, but only one meh one to Luigi. I hates you Nintendo...

i understand,i just feel he is being left out,you know?while mario make headlines.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elpooz

I was saying that Luigi does deserve his own game trini... not that he doesn't :?. You're confusing me here man :lol:...

And Luigi is VERY different from Mario, to whoever said he would do the same things as Mario. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay differnet. Personality, abilities, all of it. A game with him would be much different from a Mario one, just like Peach's game was way different from the Mario ones...

Each character in the universe has some unique power or piece of them that makes them a contributor to the Mario family.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

I was saying that Luigi does deserve his own game trini... not that he doesn't :?. You're confusing me here man :lol:...

And Luigi is VERY different from Mario, to whoever said he would do the same things as Mario. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay differnet. Personality, abilities, all of it. A game with him would be much different from a Mario one, just like Peach's game was way different from the Mario ones...

Each character in the universe has some unique power or piece of them that makes them a contributor to the Mario family.

oh,my bad man,i must be misunderstood your post but i agree with you 100% on everything you just said cause its true what you are saying,every character is unqiue in their own way.THAT'S why i want a game with Luigi as the main hero or whatever.
jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

The people who know Mario games well, enjoy Luigi and wish he had his own game, but it just wouldn't sell as well. :? Its too bad too :( I would enjoy that as well.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TriniPlayer

The people who know Mario games well, enjoy Luigi and wish he had his own game, but it just wouldn't sell as well. :? Its too bad too :( I would enjoy that as well.

jorler333
I just want to know,how in the world do you know that it wouldn't sell as well?You know how many Luigi fans must be waiting for this opportunity to get a game that is based only on Luigi? and not everyone likes to play with mario.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Luigi12901

[QUOTE="jorler333"]

TriniPlayer

I just want to know,how in the world do you know that it wouldn't sell as well?You know how many Luigi fans must be waiting for this opportunity to get a game that is based only on Luigi? and not everyone likes to play with mario.

(Count me in the group of Luigi fans that would kill for this game)

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="jorler333"]

(Count me in the group of Luigi fans that would kill for this game)

See where i am going with this?,Luigi12901 agrees with me cause just by looking at his avatar,you could see that he is a Luigi fan so that's the point i'm trying to make here.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I don't know how that would work out...

I've never really been a fan of either of Nintendo's famous little plumbers, espeically Luigi after all of those WEEGEE nightmares... *shivers*

I think Luigi's Manison is as close of we're going to get to his own game. Maybe, something like Mario and Peach get kidnapped and it's up to Luigi to save the day? IDK. If I haven't said it yet, I wouldn't buy a game with him on the cover.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Luigi12901

I don't know how that would work out...

I've never really been a fan of either of Nintendo's famous little plumbers, espeically Luigi after all of those WEEGEE nightmares... *shivers*

I think Luigi's Manison is as close of we're going to get to his own game. Maybe, something like Mario and Peach get kidnapped and it's up to Luigi to save the day? IDK. If I haven't said it yet, I wouldn't buy a game with him on the cover.

Yoweeh

Your idea sounds like Super Princess Peach, except with Luigi. lol

somomom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 somomom
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

Luigi can't get his game on because of this ----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va8Sh4Agr58