Whoa! Nintendo will have a heart attack if they read this.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Hi Gamespotters,

I was reading gaming news, and I found this article on Conduit. Read the quote on the bottom. I know it's High Voltages own opinion, but saying it that harsh will ruin Nintendo's reputation. I don't think that was cool of them saying it in that way, but that's just me. What do you Gamespotter's think? I'm not mad about this article, but I don't think of them saying their opinion like that.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
Its the truth, and needed to be said. Would Nintendo have a heart attack if they read it, doubtful as they probably agree that most the crap on the Wii is just that, crap. While most of the good games are good.
travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts
Most of the games on the Wii do look like crap. Granted there are a number that look great, but keep in mind how any titles are released for the Wii.
bbtcbbtc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bbtcbbtc
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
a lot of sites say that but of course its not true. most only-360 owners probably say stuff like that and nintendo probably knows this too. they have just never played ssbb or any other great wii game
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

why would they have a heart attack...its true and nintendo should already know it...but they also know that the wii is capible of so much more than 3rd partys have been giving out and high voltage looks to beat even nintendos big 3

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendoboy16
As truthful as opinions maybe, companies should've expected that Wii isn't all that much. High Voltage expected that much.
Konxumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Konxumer
Member since 2005 • 711 Posts
It's just PR spin. The only thing that rings true here is the old "My graphics are better so you should buy my game." /after watching vid Or game engine in this case.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
What's the problem?
Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
If I was him, I probably would've gone right ahead and said that most Wii games look like ****. Seriously, Nintendo should do something that stops developers from making crappy games. I'm excited to see what the game looks like though, hope it looks great.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendoboy16
But did they need to say it that harsh? They could've just said it like "There are many concerns on Wii's graphics from fans. We plan to deliver the best we can." They've pretty much dissed themselves when they made Billy and Mandy for Wii, that Wii game's graphics looked horrible.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

But did they need to say it that harsh?nintendoboy16

yes, maybe the ripple across the media and net will hit some devs and make them think "hey, we should actualy put some work in and maybe we would make even more money than quick cash ins"

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]But did they need to say it that harsh?darkspineslayer

yes, maybe the ripple across the media and net will hit some devs and make them think "hey, we should actualy put some work in and maybe we would make even more money than quick cash ins"

ezactly!

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I don't think they actually meant it will look like high end big budget games on the PS360. I think what they were stating is they can make the Wii pull off better than what we are getting now.

They list what this Quantom3 engine is capable of, which consists alot of the effects that ps360 can do as well, just not the same resolutions.

I honestly don't understand why people are going nuts over this statement. People look way too deep into things. I for one, don't give a crap...and I'm happy a dev has the "manhood" to come out and say that Wii games look like SH*T and they are doing something about it.

EVERYONE KNOWS THE Wii CAN"T DO PS360 GRAPHICS AND NEVER WILL..... but it very well could possibly do late XBOX-very very very early PS360 graphics as a max.

Nintendo would prolly agree as well....as they've been quoted saying almost the same thing. Even ATI said "the Wii graphics so far are only a tip of the iceberg"

again, I'm just glad they are doing something about it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendoboy16

Everyone think's that is with all developers developing the games for Wii. They're all thinking wrong. Lego Star Wars III, Lucasarts and TT games put work into that game. (That looks stunning on Wii) It seems you're all thinking that the Wii should have better graphics than it does (which won't happen really). I say Nintendo and the other developers are doing the best they can and no one else is seeing it. High Voltage should now think twice if the Wii is the right system for this game.

ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
well u know, i didn't buy my wii saying, WOW, my games graphics are going to be stunning! i bought it for gameplay, which hopefully conduit is good in.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Everyone think's that is with all developers developing the games for Wii. They're all thinking wrong. Lego Star Wars III, Lucasarts and TT games put work into that game. (That looks stunning on Wii) It seems you're all thinking that the Wii should have better graphics than it does (which won't happen really). I say Nintendo and the other developers are doing the best they can and no one else is seeing it. High Voltage should now think twice if the Wii is the right system for this game.

nintendoboy16

If so then we're boned. This is the best? I'm sorry but I expect more from Nintendo than a few quality 1st party titles. I'm grateful and all but I don't think I can stand another game with "Mario" in the title. But maybe I'm asking too much from Nintendo. All I want is a game likeThe Conduit. It'll give me some semblence of hope that thre is still a reason to play the Wii after Mario Kart Wii comes out.

I mean I understand Wii is focusing ona genereal audience now but that doesn't mean we should be left out in the dust. Wii fit is not going to cut it. I need a game like The Conduit. And don't tell me to go play FPSs on Xbox or PS3 because I don't want to. I want to play one on my Wii (and please don't recommend House of the Dead or Resident Evil anymore, please!).

And High Voltage can ***** all they want as long as their game comes out as good as it looks.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I think the blunt statement is the best one that could have been said. I agree with them, I've had my share of cell-shaded, bright and pretty, graphics h*ll. It will be good to see if some more games can come out with a much 'darker' and realistic look rather that what we have been getting.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I have to agree though lol.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
the man speaks the truth, heck, even Iwata knows this....
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I'd like to see what the end project looks like and compare it to whatever Factor 5 might be doing.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

I don't think they actually meant it will look like high end big budget games on the PS360. I think what they were stating is they can make the Wii pull off better than what we are getting now.

They list what this Quantom3 engine is capable of, which consists alot of the effects that ps360 can do as well, just not the same resolutions.

I honestly don't understand why people are going nuts over this statement. People look way too deep into things. I for one, don't give a crap...and I'm happy a dev has the "manhood" to come out and say that Wii games look like SH*T and they are doing something about it.

EVERYONE KNOWS THE Wii CAN"T DO PS360 GRAPHICS AND NEVER WILL..... but it very well could possibly do late XBOX-very very very early PS360 graphics as a max.

Nintendo would prolly agree as well....as they've been quoted saying almost the same thing. Even ATI said "the Wii graphics so far are only a tip of the iceberg"

danger_ranger95

You obviously didn't play The GC launch title Rogue squadron, the gamecube was almost as strong than the Xbox, so expect way more from the wii

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danger_ranger95
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

vnc20100

You obviously didn't play The GC launch title Rogue squadron, the gamecube was almost as strong than the Xbox, so expect way more from the wii

It was the first game I bought for my GC. I know what it looked like my friend. But I still stand by my statement.

Even though the GC was almost as powerful as the XBOX, it wasn't. andI thought the original XBOX still had faster clocks or something when compared to the Wii? It's still not going to look like a big budget game on the big boys like people are saying this "person" said they would.

I'm not saying the Wii isn't capable of good looking games or anything, because I was ok with GC "looking" games and I know the Wii is capable of better and I'm happy that someone is raising the bar or at least attempting to.

Happy gaming

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vnc20100
[QUOTE="vnc20100"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

danger_ranger95

It was the first game I bought for my GC. I know what it looked like my friend. But I still stand by my statement.

Even though the GC was almost as powerful as the XBOX, it wasn't. andI thought the original XBOX still had faster clocks or something when compared to the Wii? It's still not going to look like a big budget game on the big boys like people are saying this "person" said they would.

I'm not saying the Wii isn't capable of good looking games or anything, because I was ok with GC "looking" games and I know the Wii is capable of better and I'm happy that someone is raising the bar or at least attempting to.

Happy gaming

Then I will happily point you to this article :) It's an interview with Julian Eggebrecht CEO of Factor 5, the makers of Rogue Squadron. They took part in the Gamecube developments as well.

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
"No! No matter how harsh they are right."
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
it's not like that hasn't been said before... the truth hurts sometimes. Though it seems like we're taking the first steps to moving past that.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 danger_ranger95
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="vnc20100"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

vnc20100

Happy gaming

Then I will happily point you to this article :) It's an interview with Julian Eggebrecht CEO of Factor 5, the makers of Rogue Squadron. They took part in the Gamecube developments as well.

thanks for the link...learned a little there. Never even heard about that discussion.

Nintendo consoles have always been able to produce great looking games, so I can imagine the Wii can do the same. I always thought Nintendo themselves were able to produce the best looking water in games even way back to the good old Mario64. That liquid metal pool you jumped in to get the metal cap was bad a** for it's time. I never saw anything on the PS1 or PS for that matter that immitated it. My library for those two systems weren't huge, so maybe I missed a lot of good looking games.

Now c'mon devs....get some games out!!!

WOOT WOOT

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vnc20100
[QUOTE="vnc20100"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="vnc20100"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

danger_ranger95

Happy gaming

thanks for the link...learned a little there. Never even heard about that discussion.

Nintendo consoles have always been able to produce great looking games, so I can imagine the Wii can do the same. I always thought Nintendo themselves were able to produce the best looking water in games even way back to the good old Mario64. That liquid metal pool you jumped in to get the metal cap was bad a** for it's time. I never saw anything on the PS1 or PS for that matter that immitated it. My library for those two systems weren't huge, so maybe I missed a lot of good looking games.

Now c'mon devs....get some games out!!!

WOOT WOOT

No problem, let's all be happy then :) You can read these discussions for more insight on the Wii's hardware

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/09/wii-can-do-lot-more-graphically-factor.html

and a follow up to that interview (kind of)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/845/845353p1.html

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
They are speaking the truth! A lot of games on the Wii are pure trash. Even Zelda: TP had the same graphics as the gamecube version, which wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX. I think they said what needed to be said! Developers need to make better games for the Wii if they want people like me to do more than rent them (if even they are worthy of being rentals.) A lot of companies are making cheap ports for the PS2. The PS2 has way more units sold than the Wii, so these companies can make a lot of money with a cheap PS2 game, then port it to the Wii with gimmicky controls and make even more money with little work. Gamers don't want those kinds of games, and I don't think anyone would disagree. Wii gamers want original games that use the Wii's hardware to the fullest and use the wiimote in fun, innovative ways. So what if games don't have PS3 graphics, the Wii's graphics are good enough, but not the PS2's. Do you understand what I am saying.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vnc20100

They are speaking the truth! A lot of games on the Wii are pure trash. Even Zelda: TP had the same graphics as the gamecube version, which wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX. I think they said what needed to be said! Developers need to make better games for the Wii if they want people like me to do more than rent them (if even they are worthy of being rentals.) A lot of companies are making cheap ports for the PS2. The PS2 has way more units sold than the Wii, so these companies can make a lot of money with a cheap PS2 game, then port it to the Wii with gimmicky controls and make even more money with little work. Gamers don't want those kinds of games, and I don't think anyone would disagree. Wii gamers want original games that use the Wii's hardware to the fullest and use the wiimote in fun, innovative ways. So what if games don't have PS3 graphics, the Wii's graphics are good enough, but not the PS2's. Do you understand what I am saying. santiagochile

Sigh,,,

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 santiagochile

[QUOTE="santiagochile"]They are speaking the truth! A lot of games on the Wii are pure trash. Even Zelda: TP had the same graphics as the gamecube version, which wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX. I think they said what needed to be said! Developers need to make better games for the Wii if they want people like me to do more than rent them (if even they are worthy of being rentals.) A lot of companies are making cheap ports for the PS2. The PS2 has way more units sold than the Wii, so these companies can make a lot of money with a cheap PS2 game, then port it to the Wii with gimmicky controls and make even more money with little work. Gamers don't want those kinds of games, and I don't think anyone would disagree. Wii gamers want original games that use the Wii's hardware to the fullest and use the wiimote in fun, innovative ways. So what if games don't have PS3 graphics, the Wii's graphics are good enough, but not the PS2's. Do you understand what I am saying. vnc20100

Sigh,,,

What's your point?!?! I know that the Gamecube wasn't as powerful as the XBOX, yet I owned a Gamecube for years before I gave it to a friend's kid when I bought my Wii, which plays Gamecube games ( I have never owned any Microsoft console.) I also know that the DS Lite isn't as powerful as the PSP, but I sold my PSP and I still have two DS Lites. Same with the Wii, which isn't as powerful as the competition, but it's the only console I have. Why do you care if the Gamecube wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX??? To be honest with you, the Wii isn't much more powerful than the Xbox, but I don't care. The Wii has a 731 Mhz processor and the original XBOX had a 729 processor. The Gamecube was in the 400s.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vnc20100
[QUOTE="vnc20100"]

[QUOTE="santiagochile"]They are speaking the truth! A lot of games on the Wii are pure trash. Even Zelda: TP had the same graphics as the gamecube version, which wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX. I think they said what needed to be said! Developers need to make better games for the Wii if they want people like me to do more than rent them (if even they are worthy of being rentals.) A lot of companies are making cheap ports for the PS2. The PS2 has way more units sold than the Wii, so these companies can make a lot of money with a cheap PS2 game, then port it to the Wii with gimmicky controls and make even more money with little work. Gamers don't want those kinds of games, and I don't think anyone would disagree. Wii gamers want original games that use the Wii's hardware to the fullest and use the wiimote in fun, innovative ways. So what if games don't have PS3 graphics, the Wii's graphics are good enough, but not the PS2's. Do you understand what I am saying. santiagochile

Sigh,,,

What's your point?!?! I know that the Gamecube wasn't as powerful as the XBOX, yet I owned a Gamecube for years before I gave it to a friend's kid when I bought my Wii, which plays Gamecube games ( I have never owned any Microsoft console.) I also know that the DS Lite isn't as powerful as the PSP, but I sold my PSP and I still have two DS Lites. Same with the Wii, which isn't as powerful as the competition, but it's the only console I have. Why do you care if the Gamecube wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX??? To be honest with you, the Wii isn't much more powerful than the Xbox, but I don't care. The Wii has a 731 Mhz processor and the original XBOX had a 729 processor. The Gamecube was in the 400s.

dude, it's not just about numbers read the first link i posted

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I agree many look like crap but many look better than that demo.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 santiagochile
[QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="vnc20100"]

[QUOTE="santiagochile"]They are speaking the truth! A lot of games on the Wii are pure trash. Even Zelda: TP had the same graphics as the gamecube version, which wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX. I think they said what needed to be said! Developers need to make better games for the Wii if they want people like me to do more than rent them (if even they are worthy of being rentals.) A lot of companies are making cheap ports for the PS2. The PS2 has way more units sold than the Wii, so these companies can make a lot of money with a cheap PS2 game, then port it to the Wii with gimmicky controls and make even more money with little work. Gamers don't want those kinds of games, and I don't think anyone would disagree. Wii gamers want original games that use the Wii's hardware to the fullest and use the wiimote in fun, innovative ways. So what if games don't have PS3 graphics, the Wii's graphics are good enough, but not the PS2's. Do you understand what I am saying. vnc20100

Sigh,,,

I'm sure I've read it already, and frankly I don't care. I am happy with the Wii. I think that games like Excite Truck, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Galaxy, etc. have good graphics that are great, and I enjoy playing them. I don't need to try to prove that the Wii is more powerful than another system. Why do you care so much about such irrelevant information. Just enjoy the games. If you want a powerful system, get a PC, or one of the competitor's consoles. I think you are missing the point of why the Wii is as underpowered as it is. This wasn't a mistake. Nintendo made a statement that games are about more than just graphics, and I agree 100%. The Wiimote is far better, IMO, than anything made for any other system. It is changing console gaming in the same way that the DS Lite has changed portable gaming.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vnc20100
[QUOTE="vnc20100"][QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="vnc20100"]

[QUOTE="santiagochile"]They are speaking the truth! A lot of games on the Wii are pure trash. Even Zelda: TP had the same graphics as the gamecube version, which wasn't as powerful as the original XBOX. I think they said what needed to be said! Developers need to make better games for the Wii if they want people like me to do more than rent them (if even they are worthy of being rentals.) A lot of companies are making cheap ports for the PS2. The PS2 has way more units sold than the Wii, so these companies can make a lot of money with a cheap PS2 game, then port it to the Wii with gimmicky controls and make even more money with little work. Gamers don't want those kinds of games, and I don't think anyone would disagree. Wii gamers want original games that use the Wii's hardware to the fullest and use the wiimote in fun, innovative ways. So what if games don't have PS3 graphics, the Wii's graphics are good enough, but not the PS2's. Do you understand what I am saying. santiagochile

Sigh,,,

I'm sure I've read it already, and frankly I don't care. I am happy with the Wii. I think that games like Excite Truck, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Galaxy, etc. have good graphics that are great, and I enjoy playing them. I don't need to try to prove that the Wii is more powerful than another system. Why do you care so much about such irrelevant information. Just enjoy the games. If you want a powerful system, get a PC, or one of the competitor's consoles. I think you are missing the point of why the Wii is as underpowered as it is. This wasn't a mistake. Nintendo made a statement that games are about more than just graphics, and I agree 100%. The Wiimote is far better, IMO, than anything made for any other system. It is changing console gaming in the same way that the DS Lite has changed portable gaming.

I'M quite happy with the Wii, but companies should use what the console is able to do, and that's where a good number of 3rd parties are failing. I don't want super over the top HD graphics, I want nice graphics. If graphics didn't matter, MP3 and Mario Galaxy would not look that great. Iawata said at the 2006 E3: "When you turn on the Revolution... and see the graphics... you will say Wow!.. ATI is assuring us of this.." and Nintendo delivered with Mario Galaxy.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 santiagochile
[QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="vnc20100"][QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="vnc20100"]

Sigh,,,

I'M quite happy with the Wii, but companies should use what the console is able to do, and that's where a good number of 3rd parties are failing. I don't want super over the top HD graphics, I want nice graphics. If graphics didn't matter, MP3 and Mario Galaxy would not look that great. Iawata said at the 2006 E3: "When you turn on the Revolution... and see the graphics... you will say Wow!.. ATI is assuring us of this.." and Nintendo delivered with Mario Galaxy.

I don't know why you are even arguing with me since you are saying the exact same thing that I am. I would also disregard what Iwata said, since he is paid to sell his product. As for MP3, the graphics were good, but only a little better than the Gamecube Metroids. What made me not want to buy it was the lack of online. I think Nintendo can improve the Wii, but the graphical capabilities are fine. Nintendo, IMO, should improve their online service and make a headset and a hard drive for dlc. The graphics are not a problem for me. As for Mario Galaxy, yes the graphics were impressive, for a console with the Wii's power. I thought they were pretty impressive at first, but the more I see the game, the more I realize that the game has Gamecube graphics with some good textures. Sure, the game could not have been done on the Gamecube, but it also isn't near what the other consoles can do. And you know what, it's good enough for me!

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

But did they need to say it that harsh? They could've just said it like "There are many concerns on Wii's graphics from fans. We plan to deliver the best we can." They've pretty much dissed themselves when they made Billy and Mandy for Wii, that Wii game's graphics looked horrible.nintendoboy16

They didn't say that the Wii's graphics are terrible; they said that the graphics of most games on the Wii are terrible. There is a fundamental and irreconcilable difference between those two messages. They are not at all saying anything about the Wii's technical capabilities; they are saying something about the games that have been developed for the Wii thus far.

whacker40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 whacker40
Member since 2007 • 311 Posts

it needed to be said. of couse, there are still some great wii games, just very few that have decent graphics.

bravo to high voltage to having the guts to speak the truth.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#38 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Last gen technology was capable of most of this stuff.

The reason why we never saw this in Wii or last gen games?

Storage limitation.

Every console is capable of MUCH more than we've seen, but due to the storage limitation of DVD, games rarely realize their full graphical potential.

Graphics is not the only occupying space on a disc, theres also pysics engines, music, fmvs, voice acting and so much more.....

And still, this video isn't all that impressive if you've played a decent amount of PS3 or 360 games.

slimdog363

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slimdog363
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
why dont you just post whatever was said, that way I dont have to click on that link etc. its annoying for me.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

it wasnt harsh it was totally valid and true.

i know conduit is not the best looking game but it still monkey stomps most other wii games.

Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
But... They're right.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts
I have personally no problem with them saying that, whatsoever.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I don't know what the big problem would be, I mean, it's not like they're lying or anything.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

You're reading a little too deep into this. Because one developer for Nintendo produces a game and then turns around and says most games on the Wii look like crap, I don't think Nintendo will care.

I think Wii's graphics, on the whole, look like crap too. Most games that come out for it aren't banking on high-end graphics to push sales. It would be nice if developers started taking it seriously and made some decent looking games, but that won't stop them from not doing it, unless the Wii's main userbase stops buying crappy looking games. AKA, a lot of people don't give a crap about graphics on Wii. I do, so when I look for a game for my Wii, I keep all things in mind when purchasing, and usually I don't get too bummed if the graphics look bad. But that's why I buy Nintendo exclusives and the like.

I know that Mario and friends would probably look jaw-dropping on another system. I don't care though, as far as I'm concerned, the graphics in Mario Galaxy are pretty fantastic, so if they can just keep hitting that mark or surpassing it, that will be enough for me.

Then there's the shovelware. I'm not stupid, I know developers are going to market games that suck on any given console, and Wii is a pool of opportunity.

Take note, stop buying crappy games, and this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Does the Wii have crappy games? Graphically or otherwise? Yes. Do you have to buy them? No. Just keep ignoring them. Money speaks louder then words to companies.

And these guys making this game better make good on their boasts if they intendo to sell a single game. A great looking game must also be a good PLAYING game. If they fail this part, graphics really don't mean much. (Just don't tell Sony.)

kombat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kombat130
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
I agree with High Voltage's oppinion most of wii games out there have bad graphics but High Voltage is trying to reach a goal here so there is a reason why there using critisism on the wii's graphics and I honestly don't really care for graphics unless I expect it to have good graphics. I doubt that nintendo would actually care if High Voltage said that because they know it's true and I don't really think there being harsh because it's the truth and nintendo probably get these kind of qoutes a lot.
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

im still looking for the part that'll give nintendo a heart attack

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
I don't think their comment was that offensive, and I don't think they were referring to Nintendo's games, seeing as Nintendo is one of the few devs who can make a game fun AND have decent graphics on the Wii. And obvisously High Voltage is trying to give lazy and under financed devs what they need/want, a standard way to develop Wii games, so that they don't have to make their own code. And like others have said graphics are not the most important thing in a game, game-play is. But I still don't want the graphics to look like crap just because game-play is more important to me.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

What's the problem?Jaysonguy

he said that "most of the games on Wii look like crap". ironically, their engine isn exactly Okami either

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]What's the problem?icarus212001

he said that "most of the games on Wii look like crap". ironically, their engine isn exactly Okami either

Okami's graphics were impressive, but I think SMG's graphics are better. Anyway I think the graphics for their engine are pretty good.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
They finally had the balls to say what every developer has been thinking, but to also try to change it. As long as things get prettier, I'll be happy.