KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i enjoy splatoon 2 more. of course played splatoon 1 more at the start because it was fresh and amazing. but i played splatoon 1 a week ago to compare and i can't go back.

funny vid

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Splatoon 2 by far. The Wii U joysticks were absolute garbage.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KBFloYd

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Splatoon 2 by far. The Wii U joysticks were absolute garbage.

oh yea. after playing with a normal controller and going back to the gamepad was like"wow". now i know why wiiU flopped lol

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

2 and enjoy salmom run also

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Switch Pro controller makes 2 the winner no contest. 1 was great, 2 is a step up though. I wish I was better at drawing to make a comment/post in the lobby, some of those people are brilliant artists. I make sure to give a "yeah" to everyone of them.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

I feel #2 is a bit better. But overall they're about the same. #2 is just more of the same. Things I hoped they would fix for the sequel aren't fixed, and that was dissapointing.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@KBFloYd: I know people were able to be really competitive with the motion controls, but I found waving that big tablet around got grating.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Hmm, I think i'd go #1. I played quite a bit on the Wii U as it was an innovative fun new IP, and one of my favorite wii u games. However when i got it on the switch, i was kinda like been there, done that. Good game and i see they basically just wanted to build on the original, which they did, I just don't play a ton. Salmon run was a nice addition but it's opened during limited times. The maps are bigger, but bigger doesn't mean better. Haven't played some of the new maps. All in all, they are very close in my opinion. I think a lot of it comes down to controller preference too. I actually liked the Wii U gamepad over both switch console/joy cons and the pro controller. (I mainly just play on the pro when i do) I think another thing that hurts the Switch experience for me, is the unstable connection on the switch vs. the Wii U. Never had any connections issues with Wii U, pS4, xbox, roku, etc... but for some reason the switch receives a poor signal.

PS... i still like my Wii U. : ( great library, VIRTUAL CONSOLE, simple , efficient. It's basically what the switch is but not portable/sleek. The gamepad feels much more comfortable too, compared to the switch gamepad.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

The gamepad was awesome for #1 because you always had the map and you could tap it quickly to super jump at any time without blocking your entire damn view. Also the jump button was better located. I liked the squid sisters better than off the hook and the music was better.

#2 has salmon run which is an awesome mode and it has the ability to customize your gear better. The story mode is cool and supposedly longer(I'm still in the middle of it). I really liked the first story, so I'm hoping this one is at least as good.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KBFloYd

@CrillanK said:

The gamepad was awesome for #1 because you always had the map and you could tap it quickly to super jump at any time without blocking your entire damn view. Also the jump button was better located. I liked the squid sisters better than off the hook and the music was better.

#2 has salmon run which is an awesome mode and it has the ability to customize your gear better. The story mode is cool and supposedly longer(I'm still in the middle of it). I really liked the first story, so I'm hoping this one is at least as good.

connection is rock solid for me on switch. but my modem is in the same room and i have dual band.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Splatoon 2. I still need to try Salmon Run. It is never available when I boot the game up.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#13 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I never got to play the first one, but I've had a lot of fun with Splatoon 2.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

Unlike Ryanator, I find myself getting on those "killstreak" moments far more often in Splatoon 2 than on Splatoon. A lot of people complain that it feels too much like the original, but I disagree. I think when you really sit down with the game, you notice a lot of changes and refinements that make the game infinitely more fun and fair than the original. My 2nd favorite game on Switch.

Also Pearl FTW!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

@toonlonk said:

Unlike Ryanator, I find myself getting on those "killstreak" moments far more often in Splatoon 2 than on Splatoon. A lot of people complain that it feels too much like the original, but I disagree. I think when you really sit down with the game, you notice a lot of changes and refinements that make the game infinitely more fun and fair than the original. My 2nd favorite game on Switch.

Also Pearl FTW!

yes! i agree

but...

marina for me sorry lol