Which do you guys prefer: SSBM or SSBB? Is SSBB deeper in gameplay?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

[QUOTE="JebranRush"]I much prefer Brawl. Melee's a busted game in comparison. As for gameplay depth, if you count glitches, I think Melee has the edge.hydralisk86

Really? Are you saying Melee has glitches? The gameplay, like i said, looks fast paced and cool. I'm thinking buying Melee might be worth it.

both are equally paced but brawl is a lot more balanced in terms of characters, for example jigglypuff was completely rubbish in melee except for 1 move. While captain falcon was overwhelmingly fast and had not major flaws. This has all been sorted out in brawl, but so have a small amount of glitches which seperate the hardcore players to the unbelievably elitist ones
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I think it all comes down to how you play Smash Bros. If you like to play on final destination with two players and no items, exploit the programmers mistakes, and put winning in top priority, then perhaps Melee is for you. If you are like the rest of us, who while not "casuals" just play the game to have chaotic fun with four friends on any stage with the items on, Brawl is most certainly superior.Head_of_games

I agree with this 100%. Melee just got way to um, boring when people started using those exploits. Brawl is just great, the balanced chaos, sweet. Also, when I played Melee after playing Brawl. Melee just seemed to weird for me.

MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MischiefmAker
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

I like everything more in Brawl except Tripping. Terrible, Terrible ideaC-Lee

Actually, I think if they could have put in some sort of slider for how frequently it happens and given you the option to turn it off, then it could've been awesome.

I would've liked to have tried a 4 player brawl with it on high, only bananas (turned on high too), and only Diddy Kong. :D

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts
[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

[QUOTE="kardine"]

That is really niceits part of the game engine but the developers were not aware of it, as a result there was no balancing involved with the one out of a million like wave dashing. It does not matter if it took skill or not it was not a polished move and it detracted from how you should play SSB. I used all these exploits in Melee because that is the only way to compete but then when they refined these exploits into something less chaotic it left the player using the character more for his fighting style. They only ruined the game for those who hate change, Sora aproached these exploits and managed them into Brawl in the best way possible. The punishment is there, if play well and fight strategically then you can dish out punishment. If anything Brawl promotes straight up fighting where Melee promotes passive agressive behaivor. Shooting projectiles at the edge of the screen will not do anything to the other play if they are good enough to dodge it and if the player does hit them with a projectile it is because they planned it out right. Characters should be on the same level, the concept of tiers are torn down (slightly). Characters who can fly back up are lacking in some other area, do I really have to explain the whole game to you? Its right there. Bigger/slower characters never had a chance in Melee and they still do not in Brawl. It is something they have not fixed and should for the next game. At least in Brawl characters like Bowser are a bit stronger now.

The developers weren't aware of how the engine was going to be torn apart and what techniques were going to be discovered,but that's partially because they created such a versatile engine in the first place.It should commendable to the developers that they managed to create such a versatile engine while still managing to keep everything balanced.

I already explained how Brawl lacks a proper form of punishment.

There is basically no hitstun.Almost none whatsoever.It is because of the lack of hitstun that makes it so that when a character attacks their opponent for their faulty actions,there is a strong possibility that the attacking character will be punished instead,because he might be left at a disadvantage.The lack of comboing also prevents punishment fair enough to the mistakes the opponent made.The opponent made the mistake,and the attacker is the one punished; not fair in the slightest.It shouldn't work like that.

Camping (lobbing projectiles at the end of a stage,in this example) is a promoted and (sadly) effective technique.Gameplay speed has been decreased fairly significantly,and the amount of approach techniques has been decreased significantly as well,as every single one is boring,predictable,easily visible,and leave the attack open for (unfair) punishment.Approaching has no longer become a viable option.One could make the risk of approaching,facing damage,but the other player could easily move away,and start camping again.

Matches are kept even when they shouldn't be.I think you misinterpreted me when I said that "characters are on the same level when they shouldn't be," but my word choice wasn't perfect,and I apologize for my unclear wording.I was talking about how the unfair punishment left players at a constant neutral state within the fight itself,not the abilities of the in-game characters.

Recovery is overpowered beyond belief with many of the characters,and magnetic ledges with bigger ledge grabs worsen it.Metaknight,for example,has some of the most insane recovering abilities in the game; he will almost always get back on stage,period.The same could be said for many other characters in Brawl.But I can't say the same for Melee.

Bulky characters could stand a formidable chance in Melee.They weren't popular characters,but a seasoned player could work with them well.L-canceling (something not in Brawl) allowed that to be possible,with aerial attacks and movement sped up significantly,allowing for proper combos and punishment (also left out of Brawl).

I agree its amazing how creative and blank sheet of an engine. It was good for Melee but it was unbalanced overall.Projectiles are useless if you have the skill, try throwing grenades at a seasoned player or shooting them with a homing missle. Gameplay speed is more decisive and accurate than fast and chaotic. Link has combos so do other characters. Again characters that easily recover are neutered in some other way. It does not matter that they can recover because a character like Metaknight lacks power. It is not about lack of stage reach now its about kecking the crap out of the other character until he flys off the stage. Seasoned characters can use anyone no matter which game you are talking about in SSB. Again in Brawl Bowser is more powerful and moves like forward B make him much harder to deal with. Those techniques were either taken out or morphed into something less chaotic. there is always a small faction of players for any popular game that hate any slight variations made to the sequel that is why we see players who have reverted to games like Halo 2 or Gears of War (1). I guess it is up to personal preference but most people obviously were content with the jump to Brawl. I do not see the skill dumbed down just changed to a different style of fighting. You may not like that style but players who kicked ass in Melee kick just as much as in Brawl.
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Personally, the original is my favorite of the bunch. It was simple and balanced, as you could dominate with any character on any stage. From there, it just got progressively worse, as I felt Melee tried to put so much in that a lot of it felt pointless, e.g. Dr. Mario or Pichu. Of course it didn't help with people just picking Marth for the sole reason of camping on the edge or that my threefavorite characters from the original (Pikachu, DK, and Yoshi) were all incredibly weakened.

I found Brawl to only be playable with either very limited items or with no items at all. Otherwise it didn't matter much who had the most skill, but rather who could break the smash ball or get the dragoon first. The online was one of the biggest selling points to me, but lag and not even knowing if I was playing actual people or bots completely killed it for me. Also, like a couple other people here I think said, it was too random. Even if you had the skill, you normally couldn't repeat domination from match to match like you could in SSB or Melee. Again, it didn't help that my favorite Melee character (Peach) was changed dramatically.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Brawl all the way. Only tourney nerds say that Melee is better
theGuitarist14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 theGuitarist14
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

Brawl is better IMO.

Blue-N-Yellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Blue-N-Yellow
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts

Brawl basically improved on everything from melee unless you enjoy exploiting game mechanics to get the upper hand. If you'd rather fight like a man then go with Brawl. That's not to say the game is perfect, there are still characters that shouldn't be there and clones are STILL too identical, despite the developer's best efforts. Ganon needs his own moveset, so does Falco or he should just go, and there are much better pokemon choices then Jigglypuff and Lucario, sorry. Also the story mode was a little weak in some places, the plot and enemies just didn't fit and the sticker system could have been improved.

Brawl's interest did die off faster, though-- the online really killed it. That was half the reason I bought the game but the lag just makes it super frustrating and not worth the effort. Plus Melee was epic when it first game out, it was my first game for the GC and the opening sequence made me wet myself. That's not to say Brawl's opening was worse (in fact it was probably better), but it wasn't anything I hadn't ever seen before.

I went back to Melee for a bit and it was okay for awhile, but Brawl really overshadows it. If you never got Melee then just skip it and get Brawl, Melee just has the nostalgia factor that would be moot if you never bought it in the first place.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Brawl. People saying Melee was 'deeper' or better in a competitive way are the people who found out they sucked in Brawl when they were actually good in Melee with a certain character. It's called balancing.
MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MischiefmAker

Even if you had the skill, you normally couldn't repeat domination from match to match like you could in SSB or Melee.jirca87

Actually, I find the opposite to be true, with one player winning the majority of matches during any play period.

I think it's interesting how a lot of people say the online killed it. It's the main reason I play it so much, actually (another reason is to get those last 20 stickers and the corresponding trophy, grr...).

snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Brawl has been adjusted to be slower, more situational, overall less for competitive playing. Melee has a strong following for the competitive people, but it gets really boring if you don't have anyone as good you. I was a average tourney player, and it got very boring, then Brawl came out, and I can still have fun playing with the computer. Brawl just has so much more than Melee in terms of content, that it almost beats Melee's gameplay in my opinion.
Fenris1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Fenris1124
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

Brawl is superior to melee some people like melee cuz it is faster but other than that it pretty much sucks compared to brawl

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I agree its amazing how creative and blank sheet of an engine. It was good for Melee but it was unbalanced overall.Projectiles are useless if you have the skill, try throwing grenades at a seasoned player or shooting them with a homing missle. Gameplay speed is more decisive and accurate than fast and chaotic. Link has combos so do other characters. Again characters that easily recover are neutered in some other way. It does not matter that they can recover because a character like Metaknight lacks power. It is not about lack of stage reach now its about kecking the crap out of the other character until he flys off the stage. Seasoned characters can use anyone no matter which game you are talking about in SSB. Again in Brawl Bowser is more powerful and moves like forward B make him much harder to deal with. Those techniques were either taken out or morphed into something less chaotic. there is always a small faction of players for any popular game that hate any slight variations made to the sequel that is why we see players who have reverted to games like Halo 2 or Gears of War (1). I guess it is up to personal preference but most people obviously were content with the jump to Brawl. I do not see the skill dumbed down just changed to a different style of fighting. You may not like that style but players who kicked ass in Melee kick just as much as in Brawl.kardine

Projectiles could be used effectively in Melee,but they could not be used in a camping manner without proper punishment.

Combos aren't the same as they were in Melee.In Brawl,combos are merely as a couple moves that just happen to link together when a character manages to get lucky,and have the chance to punish their opponent in quick succession.Melee combos,thanks to actual hitstun,are much better,can be much more punishing,and require a ton of skill.

Metaknight will basically (almost) always recover.It isn't hard to pull off.And I could say the same for many other characters.It doesn't matter if he's been "neutered" in another way (and he isn't; Metaknight is the most broken character in the game).No character should have an "almost 100% guaranteed" chance of recovery.Nearly none of the characters in Melee had such insane recovery,or at least if they did have better-than-average recovery,it wasn't easy to perform properly.

Brawl changed the game slightly?:| If you actually read anything I posted,the developers changed the game a heck of a lot more than "slightly."

Brawl all the way. Only tourney nerds say that Melee is betterPices

Thanks,I appreciate the new label.

At least those "tourney nerds" can back up what they say.And they're also the people who know more about the game engine and mechanics than the average Joe.

Brawl. People saying Melee was 'deeper' or better in a competitive way are the people who found out they sucked in Brawl when they were actually good in Melee with a certain character. It's called balancing.Sgt_Crow

Generalizations,for the lose.:|

I've backed up my statements on why Melee is deeper and more competitive,and I've backed up my statements on why Brawl is unbalanced; none of these words came from how I "sucked in Brawl when [I was] actually good in Melee with a certain character," but instead the disdain I had when I realized all the changes the developers made.

Naruto_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Naruto_88
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Buy Brawl. It is definitely a game worth having anyway. You can figure out which one you like more after having played both.

m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 m00cherman
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts
It seems everybody likes to ignore the fact that Brawl has a relevant 1P mode... what about that?
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pices

[QUOTE="kardine"]

Projectiles could be used effectively in Melee,but they could not be used in a camping manner without proper punishment.

Combos aren't the same as they were in Melee.In Brawl,combos are merely as a couple moves that just happen to link together when a character manages to get lucky,and have the chance to punish their opponent in quick succession.Melee combos,thanks to actual hitstun,are much better,can be much more punishing,and require a ton of skill.

Metaknight will basically (almost) always recover.It isn't hard to pull off.And I could say the same for many other characters.It doesn't matter if he's been "neutered" in another way (and he isn't; Metaknight is the most broken character in the game).No character should have an "almost 100% guaranteed" chance of recovery.Nearly none of the characters in Melee had such insane recovery,or at least if they did have better-than-average recovery,it wasn't easy to perform properly.

Brawl changed the game slightly?:| If you actually read anything I posted,the developers changed the game a heck of a lot more than "slightly."

[QUOTE="Pices"]Brawl all the way. Only tourney nerds say that Melee is betterVGobbsesser

At least those "tourney nerds" can back up what they say.And they're also the people who know more about the game engine and mechanics than the average Joe.

Brawl. People saying Melee was 'deeper' or better in a competitive way are the people who found out they sucked in Brawl when they were actually good in Melee with a certain character. It's called balancing.Sgt_Crow

I've backed up my statements on why Melee is deeper and more competitive,and I've backed up my statements on why Brawl is unbalanced; none of these words came from how I "sucked in Brawl when [I was] actually good in Melee with a certain character," but instead the disdain I had when I realized all the changes the developers made.

Well, I am tired of seeing people who play Brawl and go ahead and say,"OH NO! NO WAVEDASH, ITS SLOOOW, IM GONNA LOOOSE, FOX GOT NERFED" Sakurai himself said that he does not want Smash to get competition-driven. So far, I find Brawl much more fun.
Avatar image for hiphop_quotable
hiphop_quotable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hiphop_quotable
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

I'm still deciding on which one to get as well.

Does the wii-mote and classic controller work with Melee?

If not I guess I'll get brawl

and does anybody know where I can find a good gamecube controller, I heard that the gamestop ones aren't that good.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kardine

I'm still deciding on which one to get as well.

Does the wii-mote and classic controller work with Melee?

If not I guess I'll get brawl

and does anybody know where I can find a good gamecube controller, I heard that the gamestop ones aren't that good.

hiphop_quotable
Yes, they both work. Get brawl, it is the better game. Also, common sense says to get the update on a fighter - More characters, bugs fixed, new stages, better single player, and online.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

The first week I had Brawl, I was really dissapointed, it was so much slower than melee. After playing a while I got used to it, and overall it's a way better looking and just a way better game. I miss being able to completely destroy with Falco in melee, now I'm not as good with him. Also if you did a meteor smash in melee, it sent a guy down every time. It's much more fast paced, but Brawl did a great job of balancing out characters. Brawl is a better game, if you need a reason to stick with it, just look at melee's graphics for 5 minutes.

OG_GhostKilla
The graphics seem okay for me. It was how fast pace it was. :x When I went back to play Melee after playing Brawl for a couple of months, it was absolutely scary. Captain Falcon seemed to SAIL half across or about the whole stage when I decided to use him. Link seem like he plain sucked in Melee, and he was my best character. Grabbing the edge was extremely harder than it is in Brawl. And the once terrible computers that I used to beat senseless even during 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 matches straight and simply destroyed me. Hell even a 1 on 1 with computers gave me a hard time, especially Fox with his stupid grab combos. Going back to Melee made me wonder how the hell was I so good in the first place during my time playing it....
Avatar image for hiphop_quotable
hiphop_quotable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 hiphop_quotable
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

I have another question, I just got brawl and I'm trying to add a 3rd player (wii mote) but I can't get it to work (I got a gamecube controller, and a wiimote hooked up). I read the manuel but its not helping. How do I add another player?

HavocXXXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HavocXXXL
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts

All of them are amazing games but Brawl really gathered what was great about the two first games and then it added its own specialty. The game is more than a game its a platform.

People who say Melee was better are crazy. They complain about Nintendo not keeping in certain glitches. That is not true though, Nintendo actually kept those glitches in just in a way thatisnot spammable cheap. Brawl is much more balanced in terms of characters (except Lucas and Ness).

kardine

Balanced? Meta Knight in Brawl is a lot cheaper than Fox in Melee. And it's hard to even land an attack with Captain Falcon in Brawl (Mewtwo seemed a little "less bad" in Melee). I'm glad they removed the glitches though (wavedashing gets old quickly), although Melee's stages were so much better. I can't really decide which is better. I definitely win more in Brawl since I main MK (I mained Kirby in Melee):)

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kardine
[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

[QUOTE="kardine"]

Brawl all the way. Only tourney nerds say that Melee is betterPices

In Brawl you get very punished for projectiles. Snake shoots homing missile and misses and he is dead. Characters like Link have combos and you cannot pull them off unless you play it right. Again you make it sound like good a recovery is a bad thing. I do not know if you understand the concept of balancing. See because characters like Metaknight and Pit can do that they are lighter, lack power, and things like that. It is not a problem at all in any way. How is he broken anyway? Lucas I know has an Up A which is completely over powered but you see things like that happening way more in Melee. If anything Melee was loaded with unbalanced chacters. Forget recovery they had advanatges in much more game breaking ways. Falco anyone? They did change the game slightly when it comes to gameplay tweaks. Your nitpicking some game changes and overexaggerating others and ignoring how much more balanced it is of a game.
garysea1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 garysea1
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts
brawl is way better then melee. why? i will tell u: 1. more players on brawl 2. more arenas 3. better classic and story mode on brawl 4. online play on brawl 5.better graphics 6. smash ball this list can go on
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pices
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

[QUOTE="kardine"]

In Brawl you get very punished for projectiles. Snake shoots homing missile and misses and he is dead. Characters like Link have combos and you cannot pull them off unless you play it right. Again you make it sound like good a recovery is a bad thing. I do not know if you understand the concept of balancing. See because characters like Metaknight and Pit can do that they are lighter, lack power, and things like that. It is not a problem at all in any way. How is he broken anyway? Lucas I know has an Up A which is completely over powered but you see things like that happening way more in Melee. If anything Melee was loaded with unbalanced chacters. Forget recovery they had advanatges in much more game breaking ways. Falco anyone? They did change the game slightly when it comes to gameplay tweaks. Your nitpicking some game changes and overexaggerating others and ignoring how much more balanced it is of a game.

Are you mad? Metaknight is the most broken character in the entire Smash Bros. series. His moves have no lag and they are spammable like his down throw. Also, he has multiple jumps and along with several ways to recover.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

Pices

Are you mad? Metaknight is the most broken character in the entire Smash Bros. series. His moves have no lag and they are spammable like his down throw. Also, he has multiple jumps and along with several ways to recover.

Yes and you realise he struggles to smash people far distances. Most of his moves hurt you but they do not stun you much. He lacks strength and can be beaten if you have an aggresive character.

Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

Melee was harder, Brawl was funner.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pices

[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="kardine"] In Brawl you get very punished for projectiles. Snake shoots homing missile and misses and he is dead. Characters like Link have combos and you cannot pull them off unless you play it right. Again you make it sound like good a recovery is a bad thing. I do not know if you understand the concept of balancing. See because characters like Metaknight and Pit can do that they are lighter, lack power, and things like that. It is not a problem at all in any way. How is he broken anyway? Lucas I know has an Up A which is completely over powered but you see things like that happening way more in Melee. If anything Melee was loaded with unbalanced chacters. Forget recovery they had advanatges in much more game breaking ways. Falco anyone? They did change the game slightly when it comes to gameplay tweaks. Your nitpicking some game changes and overexaggerating others and ignoring how much more balanced it is of a game. kardine

Yes and you realise he struggles to smash people far distances. Most of his moves hurt you but they do not stun you much. He lacks strength and can be beaten if you have an aggresive character.

Looks like someone has not played against a pro MK player.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kardine
[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="kardine"]

Are you mad? Metaknight is the most broken character in the entire Smash Bros. series. His moves have no lag and they are spammable like his down throw. Also, he has multiple jumps and along with several ways to recover.Pices

Them be fighten words, partner?
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pices

[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="kardine"] Yes and you realise he struggles to smash people far distances. Most of his moves hurt you but they do not stun you much. He lacks strength and can be beaten if you have an aggresive character.

kardine

Was that a typo?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Well, I am tired of seeing people who play Brawl and go ahead and say,"OH NO! NO WAVEDASH, ITS SLOOOW, IM GONNA LOOOSE, FOX GOT NERFED" Sakurai himself said that he does not want Smash to get competition-driven. So far, I find Brawl much more fun.Pices

Being tired of their complaints doesn't mean their criticisms aren't valid.There are also far deeper problems that Smashers complain about than just those.

And for the record,I find Melee far more enjoyable.

In Brawl you get very punished for projectiles. Snake shoots homing missile and misses and he is dead. Characters like Link have combos and you cannot pull them off unless you play it right. Again you make it sound like good a recovery is a bad thing. I do not know if you understand the concept of balancing. See because characters like Metaknight and Pit can do that they are lighter, lack power, and things like that. It is not a problem at all in any way. How is he broken anyway? Lucas I know has an Up A which is completely over powered but you see things like that happening way more in Melee. If anything Melee was loaded with unbalanced chacters. Forget recovery they had advanatges in much more game breaking ways. Falco anyone? They did change the game slightly when it comes to gameplay tweaks. Your nitpicking some game changes and overexaggerating others and ignoring how much more balanced it is of a game. kardine

Comboing isn't that hard in Brawl.In Melee,it required the use of several different advanced techniques linked together flawlessly in order to rack up some major punishment; it was quite difficult,but it rewarded those who took the time to practice.Combos in Brawl are usually just a string of hits in quick succession or a couple hits in a row; nothing requiring a ton of skill.The combos aren't the same.

Metaknight is far too fast in his attacks,little lag in bewteen them,insane recovery where he almost never has to worry about falling off a stage,and he is basically the poster child of camping.

Falco wasn't broken.He is an excellent character,but there's nothing about him that gives players an unfair advantage.

I'm not nitpicking.I know the changes they made,and I know how dramatic they are.

Slower pacing and fewer means of movement makes the game far less exciting and your attacks far more predictable; no hitstun prevents comboing; the lack of true comboing and hitstun prevents proper punishment; approaching has become monemenatally less effective because the inability to punish an opponent fair to their mistakes; the unremovable random variable of tripping further ruins movement and approaching,and adds a level of chance that keeps the best players held back; the lack of punishment,slower pacing,fewer means of movement,and tripping make it so that camping is a completely viable and effective tactic; overbuffed shields,overpowered recovery,magnetic ledges,and greater ledge grab range add to the lack of consequence.

Brawl isn't nearly as balanced as Melee.

marti1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 marti1992
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
do you have online if so was your friend code
marti1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 marti1992
anybody who want to play
marti1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 marti1992
Is anyone here
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
I much prefer Melee. :)
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pices

[QUOTE="Pices"] Well, I am tired of seeing people who play Brawl and go ahead and say,"OH NO! NO WAVEDASH, ITS SLOOOW, IM GONNA LOOOSE, FOX GOT NERFED" Sakurai himself said that he does not want Smash to get competition-driven. So far, I find Brawl much more fun.VGobbsesser

Being tired of their complaints doesn't mean their criticisms aren't valid.There are also far deeper problems that Smashers complain about than just those.

And for the record,I find Melee far more enjoyable.

In Brawl you get very punished for projectiles. Snake shoots homing missile and misses and he is dead. Characters like Link have combos and you cannot pull them off unless you play it right. Again you make it sound like good a recovery is a bad thing. I do not know if you understand the concept of balancing. See because characters like Metaknight and Pit can do that they are lighter, lack power, and things like that. It is not a problem at all in any way. How is he broken anyway? Lucas I know has an Up A which is completely over powered but you see things like that happening way more in Melee. If anything Melee was loaded with unbalanced chacters. Forget recovery they had advanatges in much more game breaking ways. Falco anyone? They did change the game slightly when it comes to gameplay tweaks. Your nitpicking some game changes and overexaggerating others and ignoring how much more balanced it is of a game. kardine

Comboing isn't that hard in Brawl.In Melee,it required the use of several different advanced techniques linked together flawlessly in order to rack up some major punishment; it was quite difficult,but it rewarded those who took the time to practice.Combos in Brawl are usually just a string of hits in quick succession or a couple hits in a row; nothing requiring a ton of skill.The combos aren't the same.

Metaknight is far too fast in his attacks,little lag in bewteen them,insane recovery where he almost never has to worry about falling off a stage,and he is basically the poster child of camping.

Falco wasn't broken.He is an excellent character,but there's nothing about him that gives players an unfair advantage.

I'm not nitpicking.I know the changes they made,and I know how dramatic they are.

Slower pacing and fewer means of movement makes the game far less exciting and your attacks far more predictable; no hitstun prevents comboing; the lack of true comboing and hitstun prevents proper punishment; approaching has become monemenatally less effective because the inability to punish an opponent fair to their mistakes; the unremovable random variable of tripping further ruins movement and approaching,and adds a level of chance that keeps the best players held back; the lack of punishment,slower pacing,fewer means of movement,and tripping make it so that camping is a completely viable and effective tactic; overbuffed shields,overpowered recovery,magnetic ledges,and greater ledge grab range add to the lack of consequence.

Brawl isn't nearly as balanced as Melee.

Falco not broken.Lets see..... chaingrabs, best blaster, best side b and great aerial game. If you play as lets say Donkey Kong, he'll chaingrab you till the edge and then deliver a meteor smash.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Is anyone heremarti1992
No. No-one.
SilvrSlayr96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SilvrSlayr96
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

The answer is easilySSBB.i just wish they added more melee courses back

------------

I am the famousMist96 online. Pm me if u want fcs. i got:

Super smash bros brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Call of Duty: World At War

Bomberman Blast

MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MischiefmAker

The answer is easilySSBB.i just wish they added more melee courses backSilvrSlayr96

I wish they'd brought everything back! All courses, characters and items (including the pink beam sword) from the first two games.

marti1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 marti1992
FUNNY
marti1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 marti1992
let go in that brawl my code 0001-2980-4284
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Pices"] Looks like someone has not played against a pro MK player.Pices

Was that a typo?

No it wasn't. It was a joke. And yes I have played against many good players.