Where to get Gamecube games & accessories in good condition?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I have been without my Gamecube for about 4 years now (wow, that is shocking to say aloud) and it recently donned on me that...I kinda miss having my GCN games. Realizing that the Wii is backwards-compatible, I'm considering buying back a lot of the games I miss playing and ones I missed out on after I had sold the system, and I also want to get a controller or two and the biggest official memory card I can find to go with it. Here's a list of all of the things I want to get....I saw where I could buy a few of them at Walmart Online brand new, so I will post the best prices beside those:

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Pokemon Colosseum

Viewtiful Joe

Viewtiful Joe 2 ($14.82 at Walmart Online)

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Endless Ocean

Baten Kaitos Origins ($19.82 at Walmart Online)

Lost Kingdoms

Lost Kingdoms 2

Tales of Symphonia

Skies of Arcadia Legends

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble

The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

Gamecube Wavebird or regular Controller

Gamecube Memory Card

I'll try to buy some of them new if they are reaonably priced, but I am (obviously) willing to buy the games used, as long as they are in good condition with their case and instruction booklets.

Anyone know any good websites for this kinda stuff, besides EBay and Amazon? I kinda want to buy these from official online merchants you know?

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

You could try your local Gamestop. I hope you don't think you're going to find a lot of these things new.

I don't know what you have against Ebay though. If you find a good seller, you can get a lot of good stuff for reasonable prices. All you have to do is make sure they pictures of the actual item you'll be receiving, check feedback, etc.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
I don't even bother with the regular GCN controller. The wire is way too short. But unfortunately, WaveBirds are not easy to find. I think Pelican re-released their wireless controller when Super Smash Bros. came up. I know it's not Nintendo, but it's better than sitting right in front of your TV with the ridiculous standard one.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
INTERWEBZ!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I know I won't find many new ones, but I'm not really worried if they are brand new. I just want them in good condition. A new memory card and controller would be great though...I see they charge 30 bucks for one at gamestop.com!

Do they have many of the games I listed here at your gamestops?

dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
Yeah, a lot of those games are at Gamestop stores. The prices range from around $6 (F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime) to almost $30 (LoZ: Wind Waker). I've had good success with those stores. Otherwise, try amazon.com.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rocky32189

I don't even bother with the regular GCN controller. The wire is way too short. But unfortunately, WaveBirds are not easy to find. I think Pelican re-released their wireless controller when Super Smash Bros. came up. I know it's not Nintendo, but it's better than sitting right in front of your TV with the ridiculous standard one.
Corvidae

No, don't get a wavebird as this guy suggests. They use tons of batteries, are bigger and heavier, and don't have rumble. Instead, buy controller wire extensions. It's a much better option not only because the regular controllers are superior but because Wavebirds are much more expensive and hard to find.

jmthornsburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jmthornsburg
Member since 2003 • 102 Posts
Ebay is always an option.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
eBay's the way to go, or your local GameStop or EB Games. Those stores are desperatly trying to get rid of their Cube games now. If you're willing to go with used goods, try your local store. I just bought XIII for $3. Also, try FYE. Not many people know that FYE is now buying and selling used games, but they are. Their prices are also better than GameStop's. I went their yesterday and got Wind Waker for $15, Viewtiful Joe for $10 and Viewtiful Joe 2 for $5. Out of all the games you listed, most are really easy to find. Paper Mario 2 is a bit pricey and WaveBirds are extremely rare, but for the most part, you'll be fine.
firecookie29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 firecookie29
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
Gamestop has most GCN stuff and Wal-Mart has some of the things. If there's a Gamerz store nearby you then try there as well. Good luck!
BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleAciD
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts
eBay is your best, and only, choice.
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Corvidae

[QUOTE="Corvidae"]I don't even bother with the regular GCN controller. The wire is way too short. But unfortunately, WaveBirds are not easy to find. I think Pelican re-released their wireless controller when Super Smash Bros. came up. I know it's not Nintendo, but it's better than sitting right in front of your TV with the ridiculous standard one.
Rocky32189

No, don't get a wavebird as this guy suggests. They use tons of batteries, are bigger and heavier, and don't have rumble. Instead, buy controller wire extensions. It's a much better option not only because the regular controllers are superior but because Wavebirds are much more expensive and hard to find.

The short wire on the standard controller doesn't bother you? I it is a better controller because it's a little lighter and has rumble, but the wire has always been a good 3ft from being useful for me. I think the battery life is great, but then again, the battery life is even better on the standard since it doesn't use any. With that said, if the standard is good enough for you, it will be much cheaper and easier to find.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rocky32189
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

[QUOTE="Corvidae"]I don't even bother with the regular GCN controller. The wire is way too short. But unfortunately, WaveBirds are not easy to find. I think Pelican re-released their wireless controller when Super Smash Bros. came up. I know it's not Nintendo, but it's better than sitting right in front of your TV with the ridiculous standard one.
Corvidae

The short wire on the standard controller doesn't bother you? I it is a better controller because it's a little lighter and has rumble, but the wire has always been a good 3ft from being useful for me. I think the battery life is great, but then again, the battery life is even better on the standard since it doesn't use any. With that said, if the standard is good enough for you, it will be much cheaper and easier to find.

Yes, the short cord does bother me. That is why I bought controller wire extenders on eBay for a few bucks. I think the ones I got added 6 feet extra to the cord, and you could even use two of them if you needed. With this method you can use the superior regular controller and not worry about the wire being too short.

Potat4o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Potat4o
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

Rocky32189

That's what I do, I use a extension cable.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#15 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
gamestop or goozex
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Corvidae

Yes, the short cord does bother me. That is why I bought controller wire extenders on eBay for a few bucks. I think the ones I got added 6 feet extra to the cord, and you could even use two of them if you needed. With this method you can use the superior regular controller and not worry about the wire being too short.Rocky32189

What brand do you use? Is eBay the best place to find one?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Well I am fine with the regular controller myself. I was thinking wavebird at first because I have been so spoiled by my wireless wiimote, but I wouldn't mind either way since I sit kinda close to my Wii most of the time anyways.

I just wanted to update and mention that I have bought and/or ordered several of the mentioned items today:

- I bought Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Fire Emblem 9 used and in darn good condition at GS today. I also got Viewtiful Joe at Sears brand new.

- I ordered Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda Windwaker on GS's online store. They had several of these games at the store today too, so I could kick myself for getting them online instead, but I trust they will be in good condition. If not, maybe I can sell them and buy the better-looking ones instead.

- I bought Viewtiful Joe 2 and Baten Kaitos Origins at Walmart.com, and the order has shipped.

- I bought a GCN platinum controller and Memory Card 1019 at Amazon.com, and the controller has shipped. They had controllers brand new and used at GS as well, so I might pick up a second one while they have them if I still posess the money to do so next time.

The main games I am concerned about now are Eternal Darkness and the original Baten Kaitos, as I really want those two games but haven't seen them anywhere so far. If anyone could recommend a good online retailer besides Gamestop and Walmart (since they don't have them) then please let me know.

gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts
You should also get Star fox adventures. It's a truelly awesome game. I would also recommend Star fox Assualt if you enjoyed Star fox 64.
FlyerFaithful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FlyerFaithful
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts
Ebay and Gamestop are the two best choices. Ebay is great as long as you find a seller with a high feedbaack.