What's up with all these anime games for the DS?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

[QUOTE="lucifer3999"][QUOTE="thomassmash"]

are you joking right? i hope so, because anime is really hard to make and styles vary not like simplistic cartoons that my little sister makes in no time, well but if you do a ugly anime face in seconds it's k, i do them in letters but REAL anime takes more time than some sketches

Redonkulous_D

hate to break it to you princess but anime isn't at all as complex as you make it out to be. and i dont care if your little sister drew you a couple crayon drawings, they don't qualify as the standard for a cartoon drawing. not just me, ANYONE with hands can draw a decent anime face in a couple minutes, maybe less.

Thanks someone finally backed me up...

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="lucifer3999"] hate to break it to you princess but anime isn't at all as complex as you make it out to be. and i dont care if your little sister drew you a couple crayon drawings, they don't qualify as the standard for a cartoon drawing. not just me, ANYONE with hands can draw a decent anime face in a couple minutes, maybe less. ACL0V3R

Thanks someone finally backed me up...

btw i dont hate anime. i just don't think it's the greatest thing in the world and the reason why there are alot of "anime" games for DS is probably because the DS gets alot of love from Japan ..and anime is kinda their thing
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

[QUOTE="meiaman"]

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

Well at my school 99% of the people who like anime are emos. The other 1% or so are all nerds (not the cool kind.) I think that anyone who draws anime and thinks they are an artist are sadly mistaken, anyone can draw some lines. It takes skill to draw good stuff, you know 3d, etc.

ACL0V3R

Well, i kinda like to watch a few animes, if they are good, but i treat them like almost every other program that i watch. I only watch if they are passing on the TV and if i find them interesting. I don`t go out of my way for them, dress up like `em, talk about them or anything of the sorts, heck i rarely even watch animes on the internet. (only watched one anime on my PC because someone indicated it to me).

Edit: No offense but i find amusing that you say that anyone can draw some lines, then why you don`t prove what you said and draw some good lines for us and post at your blog? If you do, then i`ll believe you. Of course... drawing 3d art is harder.... but drawing like you say..."lines" isnt a thing that anyone can do....

Open your eyes and go look for my drawings on my website. Heres a hint its under photos. (Haven't had time to post it on the art page.)

I looked at the photos section but i didn`t find anything related. BTW, i kinda like the papercrafted nintendo DS. looks cool.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

[QUOTE="meiaman"] Well, i kinda like to watch a few animes, if they are good, but i treat them like almost every other program that i watch. I only watch if they are passing on the TV and if i find them interesting. I don`t go out of my way for them, dress up like `em, talk about them or anything of the sorts, heck i rarely even watch animes on the internet. (only watched one anime on my PC because someone indicated it to me).

Edit: No offense but i find amusing that you say that anyone can draw some lines, then why you don`t prove what you said and draw some good lines for us and post at your blog? If you do, then i`ll believe you. Of course... drawing 3d art is harder.... but drawing like you say..."lines" isnt a thing that anyone can do....

meiaman

Open your eyes and go look for my drawings on my website. Heres a hint its under photos. (Haven't had time to post it on the art page.)

I looked at the photos section but i didn`t find anything related. BTW, i kinda like the papercrafted nintendo DS. looks cool.

Thank you very much, I believe the picture is under misc. pictures.

starwa1ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 starwa1ker
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
Nintendo is by the Japanese, so its natural that they put their beloved anime into games.
edwardorito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 edwardorito
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts

you're calling pokemon stupid and emo? that's like calling elmo stupid and emo. He taught me the ABC's man!

Homiegesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Homiegesus
Member since 2003 • 5706 Posts

Do you realize that Animal Crossing is Japanese and is also an anime? Do you also realize that your accusation on Anime being Emo stems from your observation of people in America who watch it? Do you also realize that a strong part of the Japanese culture at this point in time is Anime? Did you also realize that this precious Nintendo system that you own was created by the Japanese as a means of playing Anime influenced videogames to compete with the likes of Atari? Last but not least, I hope you realize that the Anime that has been brought to the states have been changed dramatically, and typically fall in the lower age groups to appeal to a younger American generation? I could go on about how completely ignorant your comment is, but im starting to annoy even myself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, lets just hope It's based off of actual substance.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
Nintendo is by the Japanese, so its natural that they put their beloved anime into games.starwa1ker
nintendo doesnt does that man.Never did.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

ACL0V3R

anime is a form of expression, like movies. Is not a single genre, like not all movies are comedies. Is not even a drawing style.Anime is not particularly easy to draw because it depends on the specific author. Akira is not crayonshinshan. MD geist is not Kenshin. Blade of the inmortal is not Pokemon. Some animes are lifelike, and try to draw photorealistic picures of people.Some are simpler. Some are based on real life, like grave of the butterflies.Many animes have as much detail as a real life portrait.Theres a load of ignorance from posters whose only exposition to anime has been a few kids shows and games.I guess is not their fault not to know the genre as a whole.It goes the same with cartoons, however cartoons are much more often much limited in genres, and often for kids.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

[QUOTE="meiaman"] I looked at the photos section but i didn`t find anything related. BTW, i kinda like the papercrafted nintendo DS. looks cool.intro94

anime is a form of expression, like movies. Is not a single genre, like not all movies are comedies. Is not even a drawing style.Anime is not particularly easy to draw because it depends on the specific author. Akira is not crayonshinshan. MD geist is not Kenshin. Blade of the inmortal is not Pokemon. Some animes are lifelike, and try to draw photorealistic picures of people.Some are simpler. Some are based on real life, like grave of the butterflies.Many animes have as much detail as a real life portrait.Theres a load of ignorance from posters whose only exposition to anime has been a few kids shows and games.I guess is not their fault not to know the genre as a whole.It goes the same with cartoons, however cartoons are much more often much limited in genres, and often for kids.

Crysis Warhead.

This. I was about to post this a while ago(the quoted blank post), but I couldn't come up with the right diction. Seems like you got it.

clsmithj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 clsmithj
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

Would prefer to see more American cartoon animation for DS instead? Disney?

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
[QUOTE="starwa1ker"]Nintendo is by the Japanese, so its natural that they put their beloved anime into games.beny_pimpster
AGREED, I PITI THE FOOL WHO HATE ANIME LOL, IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS ANIME OR NOT, AS LONG AS THE PLOT IS GOOD ITS ALL GOOD. ANIME'S PURE cr@P I F THE STORY IS BAD. TOO LONG AND TOO MUCH FILLER LOL. IE EXAMPLE NARUTARD SHIPPUDEN JUST HOW MANY EPISODE THEY WASTED ON 2 PITIFUL AKATZUKI'S

Yeah, I do sort of agree. Anyone who decides not to play a game purely based on the art style like anime is missing out on some good games.
darkwolfyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 darkwolfyboy
Member since 2008 • 610 Posts

I HATE ANIME! Never liked it, never will. I think it is REALLY stupid and emo. Why are so many people into it and why are there so many anime titles on the DS?

ACL0V3R
1. Nintendo is affilated with alot of anime themed games. 2. Anime is easier to make into a game. 3. Games sometimes get truned into animes (Sonic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh). 4. Cause there awesome. If you don't like it, then your just a minority.
thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 thomassmash
Member since 2008 • 2039 Posts

[QUOTE="thomassmash"]

[QUOTE="lucifer3999"]

YOU must be joking. when drawing anime, the face is the first and easiest part to draw. if you take a while then you're just not that good at drawing

the body is the hardest (atleast for me) but drawing a human body is a pretty hard thing regardless of the style

lucifer3999

are you joking right? i hope so, because anime is really hard to make and styles vary not like simplistic cartoons that my little sister makes in no time, well but if you do a ugly anime face in seconds it's k, i do them in letters but REAL anime takes more time than some sketches

hate to break it to you princess but anime isn't at all as complex as you make it out to be. and i dont care if your little sister drew you a couple crayon drawings, they don't qualify as the standard for a cartoon drawing. not just me, ANYONE with hands can draw a decent anime face in a couple minutes, maybe less.

someone is going to get modded soon...

I KNOW my little sister draws way better than you, please now just go and sucumb in the abyss

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

Oh, it's just another one of those anime hating threads. ._.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Anime is HUGE all over the world. Deal with it.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#69 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

I love watching naruto and naruto shippuuden they may have sad parts to them but they ain't emo. Also Some anime may be emo but ones like dragonball, dragonball z, and dragonball gt are defintley not emo.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

I love watching naruto and naruto shippuuden they may have sad parts to them but they ain't emo. Also Some anime may be emo but ones like dragonball, dragonball z, and dragonball gt are defintley not emo.

Link3301

For some reason, people tend to have the impression that if someone feels sad, they are emo. People can't always be happy, and if they are, that's a little creepy. Like slimes. They're weak and are essentially cannon fodder. They have nothing to be happy about and yet, that smile of theirs remains. For what reason are they smiling? Do they know something that we don't. Should we be... Afraid?

slime

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#71 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Lol redonkolous, you`re scaring me. Yea you have a point. if a thing feels a bit sad then it doesnt means it EMO. I mean if you lose someone from your family or a close friend, its natural to cry or feel sad, but that would means that the person is emo because he is sad that he lost a dearest one? -_-