What's up with all these anime games for the DS?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I HATE ANIME! Never liked it, never will. I think it is REALLY stupid and emo. Why are so many people into it and why are there so many anime titles on the DS?

atlanta_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 atlanta_guy
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

I like anime. Always have and always will. Just like alot of gamers. Thats what's up with it.

Derek42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Derek42
Member since 2009 • 1117 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of it either but anime made in japan...

Nintendo is Japan..

Night-kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Night-kitsune
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

because people like it,and its sells and that makes people money,thus earning them a living.I like anime.......

panja12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 panja12
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts

it's simple, a lot of people like anime, so when you turn the anime into a video game, they are bound to get it, just like movies turning into video games, though personally, I haven't seen a movie that's really good in the last five years

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
This thread makes me want a Code Geass game.
Senge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Senge
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

Anime isn't so much a genre as it is a style. I didn't like anime before until I realized this. I don't know what anime you've watched to leave a bad taste in your mouth, but you're missing out on some epic anime or anime influenced media.

And stupid and emo, wth?

thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 thomassmash
Member since 2008 • 2039 Posts

To judge something first you have to know about it, now start watching good animes and proper anime genres, btw EMO??!! where?!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i dont think u will say anime's emo if u watch gurren lagann or something
panja12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 panja12
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts

just to clarify, you can have a anime style show that features"emo" characters, you can also have anime style shows that have "normal" characters

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

So... Do you mean the style in general or games based on anime? A lot of people like both, so there's no need to take it away from people. It's not hurting anyone!

riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts

i dont mind anime, some of it is really good. but i think its rediculous how much people can get into it, i very rarely find someone who likes it and isnt hardcore into it. as for emo, i can see what he's saying. most kids at my school that like anime are really anti social except with other anime lovers, i think alot of those people in my school have a hard time seperating it from ther life and it shows in their personality and friends. that said, i do like things like gundam and full metal alchemist.

more on topic, the artstyle translates really well on the DS usually into a sidescroller, and since anime has so many fans, the games sell alot and are usually pretty decent if you know the show / movie. i think its more of a fan service

Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts
Lot of DS games are made in japan and theres such huge market for the ds almost every game gets released jyou really should ask why are there so many disney games
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Stupid and emo...nice. Gotta love these anime haters.
andreah_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 andreah_sky
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I wonder how old you are and hated ANIME, anyway, try watching "Hajime no Ippo" for a change, its a boxing story with comedy, drama and action. I'm also playing this on my DS...

beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 beny_pimpster
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts

I HATE ANIME! Never liked it, never will. I think it is REALLY stupid and emo. Why are so many people into it and why are there so many anime titles on the DS?

ACL0V3R
easier to make, cheaper cost and huge profit than a 3d game thats why
sonic__323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 sonic__323
Member since 2007 • 23684 Posts

ACL0V3R
First of all, keep all your anime hate comments to yourself, there are some anime fans in GS like me that don't want to hear this, and I don't really know why there is a lot of anime games for DS, probably because a lot of people are into anime.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I like anime. Always have and always will. Just like alot of gamers. Thats what's up with it.

atlanta_guy

Word. Anime rules!

Shiafiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shiafiku
Member since 2008 • 493 Posts
don't judge a book by it's cover ;). I mean seriously, emo? almost all the anime I watch are NOT emo. and i watch a lot of anime xD.
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
Dragonball is emo? BTW, there are anime games on every console. Deal with it. U know what, whats with all these FPS on 360? I hate FPS. But u know what, there can't be only one type of game for only one type of gamer. Anyways, u obviously don't know what anime is when u said its emo. Only some of them are but not all. Get ur facts straight before u start whining like a child.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
Dragonball is emo? BTW, there are anime games on every console. Deal with it. U know what, whats with all these FPS on 360? I hate FPS. But u know what, there can't be only one type of game for only one type of gamer. Anyways, u obviously don't know what anime is when u said its emo. Only some of them are but not all. Get ur facts straight before u start whining like a child.nelfer320
Looks like this guy made alot of people angry... anyways, I see what he means by emo. No anime is not emo(most of it). Yes, alot of people who are die-hard into it are emo(or try to look em). Anyways, there are alot of anime games on the DS because there are tons or RPG's. I mean more than any system before it... I think. There really isn't a single RPG in the world that doesn't have anime characters... or not that I know of. One last thing. I doubt anime is "stupid". Look at Death Note. Its like a freaking anime Da Vinci Code. And Ichigo %100 is one of the most amazing romance stories i've ever read... besides Farewell To France. But I do realize alot of hardcore anime fans are... whats the word... lonely?
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I always found anime to be fun to watch, but there are some that gets waterdown or too mainstream. But then everyone has their own tastes & dislikes.

Dualmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 Dualmask
Member since 2004 • 1639 Posts

There is good and bad in everything. I love some anime, hate others. I've seen some really good shows like Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop, and some stinkers like Ikki Tousen and Gilgamesh. I love the visual style of a lot of anime, and the stories tend to be far better than the junk I see in Western animation. It's the same with games.

Anime/manga in general is a big money maker. When that ceases to be, like arcade beat-em-ups, shows and games that use the style will start to fade away. But that's not likely to ever happen.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ACL0V3R

Well at my school 99% of the people who like anime are emos. The other 1% or so are all nerds (not the cool kind.) I think that anyone who draws anime and thinks they are an artist are sadly mistaken, anyone can draw some lines. It takes skill to draw good stuff, you know 3d, etc.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Well at my school 99% of the people who like anime are emos. The other 1% or so are all nerds (not the cool kind.) I think that anyone who draws anime and thinks they are an artist are sadly mistaken, anyone can draw some lines. It takes skill to draw good stuff, you know 3d, etc.

ACL0V3R

Well, i kinda like to watch a few animes, if they are good, but i treat them like almost every other program that i watch. I only watch if they are passing on the TV and if i find them interesting. I don`t go out of my way for them, dress up like `em, talk about them or anything of the sorts, heck i rarely even watch animes on the internet. (only watched one anime on my PC because someone indicated it to me).

Edit: No offense but i find amusing that you say that anyone can draw some lines, then why you don`t prove what you said and draw some good lines for us and post at your blog? If you do, then i`ll believe you. Of course... drawing 3d art is harder.... but drawing like you say..."lines" isnt a thing that anyone can do....

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

ACL0V3R

Trust me, you are the one who's mistaken. It takes a lot more skill than just drawing lines.

sonic__323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 sonic__323
Member since 2007 • 23684 Posts
[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

Trust me, you are the one who's mistaken. It takes a lot more skill than just drawing lines.

I highly agree, plain cartoons are easy to draw but anime, it takes great skill to draw.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Anime=good Games based on Anime=bad.. very bad.. *cough* bad tasting too! Flame flame hate hate rant rant whatever. Bottom line why anime games exist beyond making money is simple. If you.. err I take that back. if SOMEONE watches an anime and really enjoys it, it's easy to see the title of said anime and think, "Gee! That was a great show and how awesome would it be to emulate them on screen?" Same applies to movies, TV shows, books, comics, etc. The market abuses these fans with malnourished products, but for the die hards it means everyone wins.
Masterlink12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Masterlink12
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I used to like anime. Naruto, good, then went downhill, Yu-Gi-Oh, Good(I liked it when i was like 7 so cut me some slack), went downhill, Dragon Ball Z, good, then went downhill, and Pokemon, used to be a really good show with comedy and the games were before the show, went downhill. And yes most people i know who like animes are emo or nerds that draw manga/anime characters. Basicly everthing has its prime then gets burned out, like agood steak burned because you wern't paying attention enough to pull out and take it when it was tender. I believe i made my point.
thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thomassmash

ACL0V3R

most brainless comment in this topic!!! first, i love anime and i like to watch it, and in my school im really popular and cool, don't judge people just by what they like. Second, Anime is declared to be one of the most hard ways of drawing, don't talk when you don't know what you are talking about, i can easily draw 3D stuff in a wink and get a 10 in Art, but drawing anime is even harder and takes way more time to make a Animecharacter than a 3D vase.Now i want you to do just half ofthe animeeyes i can do:

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nelfer320
[QUOTE="nelfer320"]Dragonball is emo? BTW, there are anime games on every console. Deal with it. U know what, whats with all these FPS on 360? I hate FPS. But u know what, there can't be only one type of game for only one type of gamer. Anyways, u obviously don't know what anime is when u said its emo. Only some of them are but not all. Get ur facts straight before u start whining like a child.riariases
Looks like this guy made alot of people angry... anyways, I see what he means by emo. No anime is not emo(most of it). Yes, alot of people who are die-hard into it are emo(or try to look em). Anyways, there are alot of anime games on the DS because there are tons or RPG's. I mean more than any system before it... I think. There really isn't a single RPG in the world that doesn't have anime characters... or not that I know of. One last thing. I doubt anime is "stupid". Look at Death Note. Its like a freaking anime Da Vinci Code. And Ichigo %100 is one of the most amazing romance stories i've ever read... besides Farewell To France. But I do realize alot of hardcore anime fans are... whats the word... lonely?

Who got angry? And what do u mean lonely? A few of my friends are hardcore anime fans. In fact I'm a member of a club in a college that relates to anime, manga, and gaming. We have more than 20 members! Most of them are hardcore fans. They don't seem lonely to me.
Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
You should see how many anime games they release in Japan! There is literally thousands! Most of the time I see these games based off anime I think they are like movie games, which usually aren't that great. Of course there are games that use the art style and are very excellent.
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="nelfer320"]Dragonball is emo? BTW, there are anime games on every console. Deal with it. U know what, whats with all these FPS on 360? I hate FPS. But u know what, there can't be only one type of game for only one type of gamer. Anyways, u obviously don't know what anime is when u said its emo. Only some of them are but not all. Get ur facts straight before u start whining like a child.nelfer320

Who got angry? And what do u mean lonely? A few of my friends are hardcore anime fans. In fact I'm a member of a club in a college that relates to anime, manga, and gaming. We have more than 20 members! Most of them are hardcore fans. They don't seem lonely to me.

Hm... also where i live, anime fans are quite common, and they don`t seems to be the lonely type. BTW, it is just me or this is going way too off-topic?
EclipseKhaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EclipseKhaos
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
these anime games are the best
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

ACL0V3R
LAWL funniest comment i have ever read look at some of T2's art work see if u can say the same thing again. wait, on second thought, T2 maybe too hardcore but seriously, most of the normal animes, yeah, they are 2d, because if you try to make it look like 3d, then it will take up so much time and money to do so. however, just because they draw anime, doesnt mean the professional illustrators cant draw 3d stuff. In fact, most of them had proper art training, meaning they can all draw the "3d stuff" (i was wondering about this part tho... are u referring to cubism? then, yeah, no one can draw it like picaso, and he is truly a genius). The fact that clouds ur vision is that u have only watched "anime" and "manga". Anime and Manga, since they have to be keep coming out on the time, and the illustrators have to draw tons of cuts in limited amount of time, the details are tonned down and the lighting&shadows become very simplstic. However, some of the doujin artists found in places like, pixiv, for example, proves that drawing "anime" does not necessarily mean it doesnt look 3d. This perception of "Big-eye, small mouth, anime-looking character has to be all 2d looking" coming from the general public, i believe, does not do these artists justice. For example, illustrators such as Kus-kus, Mitsumi Misato and T2(AKA tony taka) draw game illustrations, which, since it doesnt have to be a lot of scenes (few standing CGs and Event CGs are much less than the amount a normal animator has to draw) and has quite a lot of time to work on them, use all their available skills to make these "2D" anime looking characters something more like 3D, and gives them an incredible amount of efforts to imitate the lighting, shadow effect, and even blur effects to make the the illustrations look like more than something "2D". Moreover, im not sure how u got the "anyone can draw some lines" part. Even when drawing a manga, except for some artists, they usually had formal training about how to draw a human body and the background. Well, yeah, these "moe-trend" we are having kinda eliminates the purpose of drawing a manga to the scale, but even when drawing these "moe-pictures" (cute girl with big eye or something like that), they use ratios. Even though the overall look of an anime character might not look like "real humans", they at least look coherreant to each other on the other scenes only because the artist who draws them apply ratios of body (although might not be exactly identical to the actual human body) to make their look consistent throughout the series (well, yeah some animes and mangas arent like that). Furthermore, when drawing a game CG, the backgrounds are all drawn by the same artists who participate in the specific project, and if you look at them, they closely resembles the actual scene of real life. Thus, this establishes that these artists are not just dumb ppl who "can draw some lines" but actually an artistically educated people who knows what they are doing, but draws the so-called "2D characters", referred by the ignorant portion of the general public, to match the game style. Lastly, i have no idea how can an anime=emo. That logic is very prejudicial. Many of the animes, such as Gurren Lagann, K-ON, School Rumble, ARIA, and hell, even one piece and naruto are far from being emo. Well, yeah, i admit there are some animes that are "emo" (freaking NGE), but it is same with the film industry. Because some movies, like Blair Witch Project, are "emo", are you going to call the whole film industry as emo? I don't think that do the justice to the both industries. And also, im not sure about the part about "99% of the people who like anime are emos. The other 1% or so are all nerds". That is also heavily judgmental comment. There are anime-watchers who arent emos, and arent getting 100% in every freaking math test they face (which i think is a very good thing... especially when thinking about graduating... GARRRRR). There are anime-watchers who actually like socializing with people, and dont get A in their classes. This logic of your can be compared with the statement of "every Jew are greedy, and every arabs are terrorists." That's is totally wrong.
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
anime is for everyone
andreah_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 andreah_sky
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

ACL0V3R

In Anime, worlds are created with different characters in it which seems to resemble each and one of us. Like alchemy? There is Full Metal Alchemist, you're into boxing? there's Hajime No Ippo, like Action? There's Bleach and many more...

Watching Anime is fun and its really great if you can also play a game with your favorite character in it.

(I know POKEMON is also an anime, correct me if i'm wrong)

And you are playing pokemon on your DS right? OK, ok, let's say you liked the game not the ANIME, but hey at least you played an anime based game. :D

(Sorry for my bad english)

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nelfer320

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

andreah_sky

In Anime, worlds are created with different characters in it which seems to resemble each and one of us. Like alchemy? There is Full Metal Alchemist, you're into boxing? there's Hajime No Ippo, like Action? There's Bleach and many more...

Watching Anime is fun and its really great if you can also play a game with your favorite character in it.

(I know POKEMON is also an anime, correct me if i'm wrong)

And you are playing pokemon on your DS right? OK, ok, let's say you liked the game not the ANIME, but hey at least you played an anime based game. :D

(Sorry for my bad english)

Pokemon IS an anime, however its BASED on a video game series. What u said was the other way around. Ur watching an anime based on a video games series. The first Pokemon game came out in 1996 then the card game came out I think the same year but later, and the anime came out in '97.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
To clarify, ACLOV3R never stated what anime he watched to hate it so much, but by golly if he hates it because of American ports like Naruto and Yu Gi Oh, someones going to get b-slapped with my fat DS!
Avatar image for master_hookshot
master_hookshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 master_hookshot
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts

Thats pretty sad. I just really got into animeand manga this year, and I like it alot. I'm slightly emo though, but it has nothing to do with anime, mostly people around me who mentally scar me.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

sonic__323

I highly agree, plain cartoons are easy to draw but anime, it takes great skill to draw.

nope

anime is by far one of the most easiest things to draw

even a "plain" cartoon requires thought and for the most part require a slightly different formula or you will be drawing the same face,eyes, and big hair over and over again...like anime

thats not to say anime can't be done right though..i love samurai champloo

and TC you should've expected this kind of hate from a gaming forum. most gamers have an unhealthy obsession with japan

Rocketomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rocketomy
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
So Rurori Kenshin is emo then? Wow, I never knew emos could wield sharpened blades and kill people in a samurai fashion. /sarcasm
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nelfer320

[QUOTE="sonic__323"][QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]Trust me, you are the one who's mistaken. It takes a lot more skill than just drawing lines.

lucifer3999

nope

even a "plain" cartoon requires thought and for the most part require a slightly different formula or you will be drawing the same face,eyes, and big hair over and over again...like anime

and TC you should've expected this kind of hate from a gaming forum. most gamers have an unhealthy obsession with japan

Ur joking right? Have u ever drew one anime character's face alone ever!? It takes a while.
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts

[QUOTE="lucifer3999"]

[QUOTE="sonic__323"] I highly agree, plain cartoons are easy to draw but anime, it takes great skill to draw.nelfer320

nope

Ur joking right? Have u ever drew one anime character's face alone ever!? It takes a while.

YOU must be joking. when drawing anime, the face is the first and easiest part to draw. if you take a while then you're just not that good at drawing

the body is the hardest (atleast for me) but drawing a human body is a pretty hard thing regardless of the style

thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thomassmash

[QUOTE="nelfer320"][QUOTE="lucifer3999"]

nope

lucifer3999

YOU must be joking. when drawing anime, the face is the first and easiest part to draw. if you take a while then you're just not that good at drawing

the body is the hardest (atleast for me) but drawing a human body is a pretty hard thing regardless of the style

are you joking right? i hope so, because anime is really hard to make and styles vary not like simplistic cartoons that my little sister makes in no time, well but if you do a ugly anime face in seconds it's k, i do them in letters but REAL anime takes more time than some sketches

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
Off topic, Off topic...
Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
How is anime emo?
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ACL0V3R

[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

meiaman

Well, i kinda like to watch a few animes, if they are good, but i treat them like almost every other program that i watch. I only watch if they are passing on the TV and if i find them interesting. I don`t go out of my way for them, dress up like `em, talk about them or anything of the sorts, heck i rarely even watch animes on the internet. (only watched one anime on my PC because someone indicated it to me).

Edit: No offense but i find amusing that you say that anyone can draw some lines, then why you don`t prove what you said and draw some good lines for us and post at your blog? If you do, then i`ll believe you. Of course... drawing 3d art is harder.... but drawing like you say..."lines" isnt a thing that anyone can do....

Open your eyes and go look for my drawings on my website. Heres a hint its under photos. (Haven't had time to post it on the art page.)