Whats the one thing you really hate about SSBB??

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supersmash322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersmash322
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

For me the online.... could of been soooooooooo much better ... i really dont like the idea of friend codes and having to wait 10 min of getting connected to a 2 min match that is laggy !! But nintendo is new to the online world so cant blame them it will get better... soon.. hopefully.... ya.

But what's the one thing you hate about brawl?

Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
They made it noob friendly. 64 and Melee took more skill.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
what i hate about it is that my friends only playt hat game when i want to play mario kart. i mean, my friend next door, he raids my house at least once a week to play that game. he made his own account on the adventure part (well he did that for almost every game i own starting from valkyria, godfather, TP, okmai and so on, so im kinda used to that) and beat that even before i got to halfway with mine. and he played so much that my play hour on ssbb is about 350hour now. and i played barely 50 hours.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
is everything a valid answer?
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

They made it noob friendly. 64 and Melee took more skill.Leopold_Stotch

Completely and utterly untrue. Smash 64 takes FAR less skill than super smash bros. brawl. IMO Brawl is easily the best iteration, but I agree that the online should have been at least Mario Kart Wii calibur.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts
Sonic's cheap Final Smash. Easily the most broken thing in what I consider otherwise to be an awesome game. :|
SkyGTRline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SkyGTRline
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

The online isn't as stable when compared to say, Mario Kart Wii. My only other grip with the game is I was hoping for final smashes to be incorporated as a addition to the gameplay itself (think Marvel vs Capcom series), than in the form of a smash ball where certain characters have advantages of obtaining it than others. Other than that, I don't find any of the final smashes in particular rigged, as each has its own advantage depending on the terrain/map.

Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts

[QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"]They made it noob friendly. 64 and Melee took more skill.Pikminmaniac

Completely and utterly untrue. Smash 64 takes FAR less skill than super smash bros. brawl. IMO Brawl is easily the best iteration, but I agree that the online should have been at least Mario Kart Wii calibur.

64 did not have as dynamic gameplay but it had z-cancel, crouch cancel, double jump cancel and TRUE combos.

It is not possible for Brawl to have the same caliber online as Mario Kart Wii.

kirbyfalco55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kirbyfalco55
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

Sonic's cheap Final Smash. Easily the most broken thing in what I consider otherwise to be an awesome game. :| Madmangamer364

I didn't really think that the whole "Final Smash" addition was necessary. They make it turn into more of a game of luck instead of skill. They are pretty original, but it gets pretty annoying when I am winning the entire game, and then they get the Smash ball.

Wow, this seems like what someone would post for MKWii (or any other MK game for that matter), except thewords "Final Smash" would be replaced with "Blue shell."

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
It felt like the entire game took a step back.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts

Where to begin? The game should be called Super Smash Bros. Attack of the Clones because that basically is what the entire roster seems to be. The game got the usual Nintendo "noobification" with lower speeds, tripping, the removal of advanced tactics, and a simpler control system. PC games like Doom had functioning on-line play more than 15 years ago and Nintendo still can't get it right with Brawl. The level design was very lack-luster and the SSE story line could have been written by a kid in grade 3. It is sad to see the big step down the series took from Melee, but it seems this trend is happening in many other Nintendo games too. R.I.P. Quality Nintendo Gaming.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#12 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Spammers, Hit and Runners, No one plays any other mode than brawl online, Ike and Snake WAY too strong, they are annoying!
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
No Roy. :cry:
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

The disc read errors.

R.I.P. Quality Nintendo Gaming._Pinbot_

Says the guy who gave Mario Galaxy a 4.5 :|

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Yeh the online was good at first but after a month it died, as for the game the characters need to be seriously balanced...all of the old characters Mario and such are crap, while all the new ones had stronger moves...that was irritating since I had to stop using my best character and change to Ike who pretty much takes the pee. Another thing I would like to see is better levels, the levels were clearly designed for online play but a lot of them got boring and tedious real fast and I have to ask where the hek was the Mario Galaxy theme stage...I mean how can you not put in a Mario Galaxy themed stage? best be in the next one!
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts

The disc read errors.

[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]R.I.P. Quality Nintendo Gaming.Erebyssial

And what does that have to do with this SSBB topic? That's right, nothing.
Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts
broken characters being thrown in last minute to replace other characters
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Child of lileth just said it.
nolanman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nolanman123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
its all just button smashing
Enman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Enman1
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]is everything a valid answer?JACO9251

yeah, seriously.. ugh.

Agree'd
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

its all just button smashingnolanman123

Yeah that is completely untrue. Of any fighter I have played, Smash (all 3 games) are the least button mashing oriented of them all. Smash is a lot simpler than most fighters due to a smaller moveset. Different buttons do drastically different things for each character so if you just mash the buttons you will do nothing of any real value. Soul Calibur on the other hand has hundreds of moves per character meaning if you mash the buttons there is a good chance you will pull off something nice. There for Soul Calibur can be a button masher and Smash cannot.

P.S. I have nothing against Soul Calibur

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

For me it was the online play and that I could unlock every character just playing through the story mode. It took away the challenge of Melee when you had to do all kinds of stuff to unlock just one character. After I played through and unlocked everything, I was pretty much done thanks to the horrid online play and that I don't live near any of my friends anymore. Also I would have loved to see some DLC for the game as well, new stages, new characters, new items, would have been great.

Besides that though, the game is awesome and I really love it, I just get bored playing by myself, when I have friends over though we tend to bust it out.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
It felt like the entire game took a step back.VGobbsesser
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#25 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I would have to say the # 1 most disappointing thing about SSBB was the character individuality/variety.

I felt like a lot of characters' moves were just tacked-on to give them a full moveset, and I felt like a lot of characters were added just to 'try something new' and increase the total number of playable characters. Plus you started the game with most of the new characters in your roster, you spent the game unlocking characters that were new in Melee. It was also disappointing because the developers had promised they would do away with clone characters altogether, but they returned with cloned movesets, and they even added more clones this time around, with the same friggin final smashes even!

I was happy with everyone they decided to keep - Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon, etc etc, as they represent their respective series', I think the inclusion of 'sidekicks' you can summon into battle was pretty cheap since it made battles go too fast and kind of took the limelight away from pokeballs, which were meant for that sort of thing to begin with. They also took away Mario's Mario Tornado as one of his special attacks and gave him the FLUDD which you rarely use anyways, but kept Luigi's Luigi Tornado as a special attack and didn't give him the Poltergeist 3000, which was pretty strange. There were just a lot of poor choices as far as character balance goes in this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#26 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="kejigoto"]

For me it was the online play and that I could unlock every character just playing through the story mode. It took away the challenge of Melee when you had to do all kinds of stuff to unlock just one character. After I played through and unlocked everything, I was pretty much done thanks to the horrid online play and that I don't live near any of my friends anymore. Also I would have loved to see some DLC for the game as well, new stages, new characters, new items, would have been great.

Besides that though, the game is awesome and I really love it, I just get bored playing by myself, when I have friends over though we tend to bust it out.

Yeah, I disliked that as well, unlocking everyone just by playing through the story. Also, in the first two games you could get all of these neat achievements in classic mode by meeting certain requirements, but this is really played down in Brawl or is nonexistant altogether. It was aimed at the casual crowd.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="supersmash322"]

For me the online.... could of been soooooooooo much better ... i really dont like the idea of friend codes and having to wait 10 min of getting connected to a 2 min match that is laggy !! But nintendo is new to the online world so cant blame them it will get better... soon.. hopefully.... ya.

But what's the one thing you hate about brawl?

That is also the thing I hate about SSBB to.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
The online. Serious they had it pretty much perfect for Mario Kart. Why not have something similar to that? Great online for both friends and random play, and having its own channel and all that. The online for playing against random people was just really bad.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
the gravity is too not set high enough there is way to much floatting in the air. Random tripping is so stupid. They should taken wavedashing and made it into an offical technique, balanced it and devloped it. The online options should have been better i dont always wanna play with 4 people most of the time i just want one on ones. Should have brought back the other pokemon stage in the 1st smash.
Us3fouR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Us3fouR2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Tripping.
Kazu0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Kazu0100
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

is it just me, or do the melee stages seem to have been scaled down in this game?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The target smash was a huge disappointment.

Online wasn't very good...for me anyway.

No Megaman or Megaman X or Megaman anything!

tripping does become annoying at times.

Lyndis and Isaac being an Assist trophy rather than a playable character.

Otherwise, I thought Brawl was great!

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
Freaking Pikachu and his lightning from hell lol
jazzy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jazzy009
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts
luigi is too slow in melee he was much faster
jazzy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jazzy009
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

Freaking Pikachu and his lightning from hell lolcjm23

LOL!!! I love pikachu's lightning attack he's my favorite character

cheifrobotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 cheifrobotic
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

We all know the online was terrible and that is the MAIN thing i don't like about this game. period

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
I hate it when my character flys its in slow motion. It actually looks as if hes going to survive, but he doesn't. In melee, when you get knocked out, you can tell hes toast because of the speed hes flying at. I pretty much compare the KO's like this: Melee: *looks at how fast hes flying* "yep, owned" Brawl: *looks at how fast hes flying* "come on, come on! i think hes gonna make it! *character dies* "WTF....."
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
is everything a valid answer?garrett_duffman
I was going to say that I also. I hate Brawl with a passion.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I hate a lot of things about Brawl. It's a good game, but there is more than one thing I hate about it so I'll cheat and divide it into sub categories. :) 1a) Tripping 1b) Opponents are MUCH easier to read in this game, this can't be argued 1c) Horribly unbalanced 1d) Auto ledge grabbing is okay, but not when you're facing the wrong way 1e) Zero combos, there are no combos in this game. If you managed to get caught in a combo you didn't press the shield button 1f) The simplicity in how the online functions is kind of lame. 1g) Three minute long replays with option to rewind, cut segments, fast forward, etc. 1h) Again, horribly unbalanced 1i) Too slow, floaty, etc 1j) The game is played too defensively There's more, but that's all I can remember for now. :D
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Online, mediocre stages, and lack of characters. Its an amazing game though, much better than melee
evrdayblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 evrdayblues
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

I wouldn't use the word hate...

I do find that the novelty of the crazy fast gameplay got old very fast for me. It's still one of the best games to take out when you have 2 or 3 other people to play with, but even then it doesn't hold me for longer than an hour or two.

Actually I am annoyed more by all those useless and incessant threads titled: "What's you favorite ssbb char!?" or "What char do you want to see in ssbb!!??" or "ssbb ssbb ssbb lets talk about ssbb!!" yeah...it's getting old folks :P

Find another subject!

Peace

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#42 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I really hate the lack of stages and good ones.. can't say much about the online but I'm guessin it's not so great
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
Freakin' lag, tripping, speed reduction, sub-space emissary, and a noticable margin of unbalance between the roster of characters. Still a kick-ass game, with friends.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

The disc read errors.

R.I.P. Quality Nintendo Gaming._Pinbot_

And what does that have to do with this SSBB topic? That's right, nothing.

Well, you did bring it up, so it does have something to do with it.
ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts
Tripping.
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
When I do connect, the online is so fun :) I really hope they make another one and fix the online. It's those occasional laggy matches tho. But if you find three gamers and stay connected with them for a long time it's really fun. So much potential...
Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#47 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2979 Posts
wifi probably...

and no gore, I've always wanted to chop off Mario's head with the master sword.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

wifi probably...

and no gore, I've always wanted to chop off Mario's head with the master sword.Sam3231

I don'tv really see that ever happening. :P

TheYoshster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheYoshster
Member since 2008 • 4348 Posts

Brawl is a great game....BUT I blame Masashiro Sakuri for the one thing that would've made the game even more epic...GENO!!!

But all because he wasn't in the game this happened: "Dear Masashiro Sakuri...-BLEEP- YOU!!! *uses Geno Beam to fulfill his promise to blow up Japan.* Seriously I had no idea who Geno was until pthouse and araskin500 showed those who didn't know about him, how awesome Geno was, and how much he deserve to be in Brawl, so we can forget it now since Japan's gone :lol:

mikia07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mikia07
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
TRIPPING-its soooo annoying.