Was Getting A Wii Worth It To You Yet? Satisfied Yet?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

It was worth it to me, I play mine all the time.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I'm happy with my Wii, been happy since its launch.

RunnersNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 RunnersNation
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts

I only have three gamesand that's probably why I'm not enjoying it as much as I should.

There are a lot of games I'm interested in: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Super Mario Galaxy, Rune Factory Frontier, Wii Sports Resort, etc.

I love the Wii, but my lack of funds isn't doing good for my interest.

darkest_twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 darkest_twin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Not satisfied yet. I Bought it because it was the "fad" of the time and wish i had waited for it to drop in price. It's got good games, but it's got 0 games that truly are amazing to me and i'll never forget(like old pokemon, persona 4, and phoenix wright).

I Really love paper mario and saw there was one for the wii so it was the first game i bought, and then it wasn'tRPG paper mario... i'll be really dissapointed with nintendo if they don't make a normal paper mario for the wii...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

OK, so then you agree that you're just gambling with the console then?

You hope that games will come out for you and you buy it before it has a library that will satisfy you

So since you're a stand up fellow if nothing came out for the Wii that interested you you'd say it's your fault right?

GabuEx

No library would ever satisfy me in some final sense. If I were satisfied, then I would stop playing games, as I would have no more desire to do so. Being that I continue to play games to this day, that is evidently not the case.

I didn't buy the Wii just to sit there and stare at it. Did you?

I buy a console once the library has enough titles where if anything for the system was never made again I already got my money's worth

Spud's example of No More Heroes is exactly what I'm talking about

He wanted to play that one game and getting a Wii for that one game was worth it, anything from that point forward is a bonus for him. If not then the Wii served it's purpose.

You and many others bought the Wii with expectations about the future. You gambled that if you purchased the Wii there would be software available in the future that you'd be interested in. You have no way of knowing what and when the schedule would be but you thought the risk was worth it.

So if you and others took this gamble and it doesn't pay off aren't you the ones to blame for gambling in the first place?

You see a lot of threads like "Nintendo let me down" and all that jazz but in reality they should be "I let myself down" because these people made a risk that didn't pan out.

Some people are doing a really good job in this thread (Spud) they're able to say at what point the Wii was worth it to them.

For the ones that gambled I'm curious to know why they gambled.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
I want a pointer for all next-gen consoles.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

Yeah,I'm satified.

All 4 of the huge hardcore first party titles (TP, MP3, Galaxy, Brawl) managed to wow me.

I am also very fond of some casual and second tier first party games such as Wii Sports Resort, MK Wii, Super Paper Mario and the like.

Wii Ware and VC have been the icing on the cake, filling in gaps between releases and providing me with some genuinley fun games.

There have also been some great third party efforts, although some of them just didn't appeal to me (Mad World, The Conduit) So yeah I've got my moneys worth.

On a different note I just spend 85 bucks getting my Wii fixed and bought a 25$ component cable, so I do expect some of the future games to justify these aditional purchases and I'm sure they will.

Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

I love my Wii. I really do. But I never have enough time to play it.

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

I've enjoyed the wii from the moment I got it. Everything after that really has been a bonus

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I bought a Wii to not miss the first-party games of Nintendo, and I have got what I wanted. So I'm in Camp 1.

Edit: Why is all the text centred in the mid?

1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

It was defiantly worth it from the start. There was never a moment that I doubted the Wii's future.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Yes I'm satisfied if I buy 7 more games I love for the Wii then It will pass the GCN as my favorite console of all time.

JohnnyDanger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JohnnyDanger87
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

When I heard that the new SSX game was coming out exclusively for the Wii. I knew which console I was going to buy. When I finally played it, I was more than satisfied. I certainly had gotten my money's worth. Everything else after that has been a nifty little bonus.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I love it.

Got it in December of '07 and have been enjoying it ever since.

Now with all these awesome games coming up, I'm going to enjoy it even more.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

It was worth buyign to me. Even with the few games I own and want to own.

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
I bought it for Brawl, I had melee and loved it. so i knew i had to be on board for the next system and brawl didnt dissapoint by time i bought my wii it had an awesome lineup anyways. but i was satisfied the minute i played SSX and Excite truck, i wasnt even expecting them and it blew my mind away, i may not have a lot of time to play but when i do im always happy. so camp 1 for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

Smash Bros Brawl is a lot of fun, I love it.

Some of the VC games are awesome to play as well, I love them, especially Super Mario World. Good game, challenging, and a lot of fun.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#68 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I wanted a Wii for the following reasons: 1. It was a new way to play games 2. Nintendo's first party titles 3. Niche games --- I got what I wanted.

this
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
As the TC would say, I am in Camp 1. Camp 2 isn't worth it.
Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts

I am very satisfired with my Wii and all the games I own. I just wish I had more money to buy more. All the games I have are awesome and fun, my favriote being Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Which I have played and beaten 3 times already. Yet that game is very overlooked and underrated, same with my second favriote for the Wii, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the new world. That is also a highly overlooked and underrated game. And now with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Muramasa, Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles coming out this year, plus all the games I still havent managed to play, like Mario Kart wii and Super Paper Mario, my plate is full! Plus my DS needs attention aswell!

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Jaysonguy, what about people who bought a Wii after it's launch when it's best titles were already out? Would that be in camp three? Personally I think I'm in camp four, I bought a Wii after launch both because the games out looked great and the upcoming games looked great.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

There was a time when i was real unhappy with my Wii. I have enjoyed some games like House of the Dead:OK and Punchout, But, sinceTigerwoods 2010 and Wii Sports Resort came out, i have have put many happy hours into my Wii.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i'm in camp 1.
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PoweredByHonda
Member since 2007 • 2972 Posts

Hell to the NO! I'm Not even close to satisfied with it. Not until March Anyway! :] Can't wait for Monster Hunter Tri haha. Or No More heroes 2.....and red steel 2......and maybe CoD Modern Warfare...all that crap is crap that would make me happy :]

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
I was looking for the controller telling myself how awesome FPS would be and that it would be quite precise(a la WM+) but it was a let down for the controls,honestly. But so far,I've had a great time with severals games and VC and yes,I'm satisfied.
Ze_Common_Cold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 Ze_Common_Cold
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

Eh, I'm not sure which camp. The launch line-up was nice, and I was quite happy with it (Twilight PrincessMetal Slug, Wii Sports, Battalion Wars) but slowly, after brawl came out, and playing the hell through it, I kinda lost interest and now it just sits their. The PS3 is the system and it's 100x better now. I might pick up some of the new titles, like NSMB (never owned the original) and Metroid: Other M, but sides that....nothing is too great.

lindallison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lindallison
Member since 2003 • 1429 Posts

There's two main camps when it comes to Wii ownership

CAMP 1: Saw what the Wii could do at launch and wanted to experience it

CAMP 2: Bought the Wii expecting things down the road

Now I'm not one for telling people what to think or do but Camp 1 is the right way to be

Jaysonguy

That's crazy talk - these 'camps' are not mutually exclusive, I would question why one would purchase the system if they didn't expect 'things down the road' I bought the thing because I was curious about it a year after its launch, AND that I expected some great titles in the future.

And I'm satisfied - between a Wii and a PC i feel like I've got the whole gaming spectrum covered. In my mind a 360 or PS3 would be redundant against my PC and Nintendo's franchise titles have always been my favorites.

Though I *may* get a PS3 depending on how team ico's next game turns out.

NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts
Of course! It is such a good system. Upcoming games are also awesome, who wouldn't like a Wii? It's a great console :]
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I originally wanted Wii because of Smash Bros Brawl and was gonna wait a bit, but when Resident Evil 4 came out I had to buy Wii right away, my first game (besides Wii sports and play) and diffidently one of my favorite games on Wii. I also got Wii for Zelda and Mario. I am a bit disappointed with the lackluster 3rd party support for Wii, they give PS360 so many incredible games than give Wii strip down versions or spin-offs made by a B-team. If Bioshock, RE5 or a real Dead Space would come out on Wii I'd be all over them.
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

I bought my Wii for many reasons, first off I have grown up with Nintendo, and I know I am getting a quality product or game from them, so knowing how good Nintendo first party titles are it was a guaranteed buy.

Secondly they announced a new way to play, which I knew had to be a start to be a start down the road to being a potential step towards eventually getting Virtual Reality, and I was all for trying that out since it looked fun.

So the only thing to answer is was it worth it, am I satisfied? well my answer is with games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, The Conduit, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc I am getting a fair share of good titles that are keeping me entertained with more to come such as the rumored Pikmin 3, new Wii Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid: Other M, I am sound as a pound with my Wii purchase.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I was pretty mad at myself after awhile untill I figured out how to do some really cool stuff with it:oops:

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I wanted a Wii for the following reasons: 1. It was a new way to play games 2. Nintendo's first party titles 3. Niche games --- I got what I wanted.Haziqonfire

This. I never asked for HD graphics, or online. I love it. :D

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
i got it just cause all i had previously was mainly Nintendo consoles, and it was the new Nintendo console, and i was expecting some good Mario games i guess, and i got them already, with Mario kart wii, brawl, and super Mario galaxy. the wii i am already satisfied with getting, from here on in is a bonus.
r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
i am in camp 1 and 2
-_Canada_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 -_Canada_-
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts

Sure, some games I liked, but not nearly enough for it to compare to my Gamecube. I'm still waiting to be satisfied with the purchase, and I am not sure that I ever will be.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Sure, some games I liked, but not nearly enough for it to compare to my Gamecube. I'm still waiting to be satisfied with the purchase, and I am not sure that I ever will be.

-_Canada_-

Then why do you own it right now?

If the library isn't up to your level of satisfaction why did you think "well it doesn't have what I want but I better buy one right away"?

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Camp 2 for me.

KiliK14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KiliK14
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

OK, so then you agree that you're just gambling with the console then?

You hope that games will come out for you and you buy it before it has a library that will satisfy you

So since you're a stand up fellow if nothing came out for the Wii that interested you you'd say it's your fault right?

I buy a console once the library has enough titles where if anything for the system was never made again I already got my money's worth

He wanted to play that one game and getting a Wii for that one game was worth it, anything from that point forward is a bonus for him. If not then the Wii served it's purpose.

You and many others bought the Wii with expectations about the future. You gambled that if you purchased the Wii there would be software available in the future that you'd be interested in. You have no way of knowing what and when the schedule would be but you thought the risk was worth it.

So if you and others took this gamble and it doesn't pay off aren't you the ones to blame for gambling in the first place?

You see a lot of threads like "Nintendo let me down" and all that jazz but in reality they should be "I let myself down" because these people made a risk that didn't pan out.

Some people are doing a really good job in this thread (Spud) they're able to say at what point the Wii was worth it to them.

Jaysonguy

lol. Almighty Jaysonguy, please bestow some of your wisdom onto us.

I think your 'camps' need to be redefined.

They shouldn't be, "Oh, I saw what the Wii could do at launch and wanted to experience it.", which is separate to "I'm expecting things further down the line."

The two should be included in the same 'camp', so to speak, "I saw what the Wii could do at launch and am expecting more from it further down the line." The main problem here is not that people (such as myself, incase you haven't picked up) bought the console blindly, but rather we bought it knowing full well what it had to offer, but what it had to offer didn't deliver.

Let's say you go to a restaurant known for its good quality food, look at the menu, and decide on ordering a 3 course meal. The menu tells you you'll get a soup, a steak and a dessert. When the food comes out and it tastes like crap, are YOU at fault? Or is it the fault of the people making the food?

For myself, and perhaps others who aren't 'satisfied' with the Wii, it's the same kind of situation. We saw what the Wii had to offer, bought the console out of expectance that the games it had ALREADY on offer (yes, at launch) would be great, but when we got the console the games tasted like crap... and weren't that fun to play either. Take Red Steel for example (btw, I'm not speaking for myself here, I didn't think it was too bad). That game had a massive hype train cos from what we saw at E3, it was supposed to have 1337 graphics and some hax controls. Red Steel was one of the reasons I bought my Wii, and I'm sure other people fall into the same boat. But when we got the game, it wasn't quite what we expected - how were we to know? The world doesn't work on a 'try before you buy' system.

Before you pan me for not being content with the library at launch, Zelda and Smash Bros. (which was promised, then delayed numerous times) were my main reasons for getting a Wii. Everything after that was supposed to be a bonus. Too bad Zelda and Smash Bros. (for me personally) were enjoyable, but forgettable titles.

Essentially, everyone who bought the Wii went for a gamble. It's just that you, and some others, are content with betting $50 and walking away with $50. I don't know about you, but when I purchase something, I'm making an investment that's supposed to have a decent return. So far, that hasn't happened, and I'm not at fault. I'm not making the games am I?

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

there's some really good games on the wii that has done more then satisfy my gaming needs.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#90 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Nintendo did not let me down in the past so I stuck with them.

Now, I don't play Wii much. I spend alot of time playing PC.

I still think Nintendo is the best developer, so I need a system that plays their games.

Won't get much use out of my Wii until 2010 though, that is when all the games I care about come.

- Mario Galaxy 2

- Metroid Other M

- No More Heroes Desperate Struggle

- The Grinder

- Red Steel 2

Just to name a few

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
Its already a great console! Modern Warfare is going to add to the appeal with EVERY MAP AND ONLINE MODE!!! This is revolutionary IMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 avatar_genius

I didn't care for Twilight Princess as much as I did other Zelda games. I felt the game played it too safe and seemed a little dull.

I'd like Nintendo to be a little more gutsy with their game design instead of just recycling the same gameplay formula over again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 avatar_genius

The VC is great. My friends and I bash away so much at the old Mario games, love it.

I would like some more VC games added, maybe some gameboy, gameboy color, or gameboy advance games added to it as well, Castlevania Harmony of dissonance would rock.

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

I bought mine because it's Nintendo, family-friendly, different, and simplier...

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

The Wii was definitely worth it. It's the only console that provides a gaming experience that I can't have on the PC. The Wii and PC are all I need for my gaming.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#96 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Jaysonguy

Sorry Jayson, but I'm not going to be classified so easily. :P

Getting one's money's worth is vastly different than being truly satisfied. If someone is satisfied, then they will not need to do anything anymore. As we are all still playing video games, then I submit that not a single one of us is truly satisfied. Certainly one can put off getting a console until there are a number of games that one would like to play. But then one buys the console and plays those games to completion - then what? Chances are, just about everyone here who did so has played at least one game that was released after they bought the console.

So in that respect, no matter when you buy a console, if it's still being supported then you're gambling, because there is always that question mark on the horizon regarding what is still to come. Or, at least, you're gambling if you're a truly canny investor, rather than one who just thinks about the here and now and forgets that there are years to come in the future. Was it not you who told me that you want as much money as you can get, no matter how much you have? Then why in the world are you now telling me that you were completely satisfied when you got the Wii, as if you didn't want any more?

Everything in the world only satisfies for so long before one wants more. And unless you have the aid of a crystal ball, you can never, ever know what is to come. So even as you tell others not to gamble, you and everyone else must accept one of two options: either you were foolishly not paying attention to the inevitability of the future after all desired games have been played, or you too gambled - only in a way of which you were not aware.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Both Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart were already out when I picked up my Wii, so even if no games were developed for it since then, I would still be satisfied with it;)

Especially Mario Kart, was pleasantly surprised by it.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
I am a little bit let down because during the Gamecube era Nintendo didn't focus on casual gaming at all. Now I'd say that casual games take up a lot of their time that they could be making games that appeal to me. But hey, if Zelda Wii 2, Metroid Other M, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are as good as I think they're going to be than yes, I would be very satisfied with my purchase.
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Hmmm...well, I bought the console because:

1. Some interesting implications of motion controls.

2. First party titles.

I'm satisfied with my wii, yet I still expect more from Nintendo in the field of franchises outside the big three. (Starfox, F-Zero, DK, etc.)

Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

I play the Wii more than my 360. So yes.