Was Getting A Wii Worth It To You Yet? Satisfied Yet?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

There's two main camps when it comes to Wii ownership

CAMP 1: Saw what the Wii could do at launch and wanted to experience it

CAMP 2: Bought the Wii expecting things down the road

Now I'm not one for telling people what to think or do but Camp 1 is the right way to be

I loved the Wii when I first saw it and the games that were launching with it. I NEEDED to have it and I NEEDED to play it and if Nintendo went bankrupt after it's first month I was cool with that because I got my money's worth. It was new and I needed to do something new. Everything from that point on was a bonus.

Now for the people in camp 2, why do you even have a Wii?

We all see threads like "What games are coming out" or the fabulous "I didn't expect so and so to happen" with some sort of derogatory casual reference in there. For those people why do you have the hardware at all?

To me (just speaking for myself but join in if you'd like) to complain about anything that the Wii does to the point where you're unsure of owning the console is just telling everyone...

"I DIDN'T RESEARCH THIS ALL TOO WELL"

It's not like the console stopped being manufactured. If you didn't see enough games to warrant a purchase then why make the purchase at all?

I'm interested to see which camp everyone is in and for the people in camp 2, why?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I wanted a Wii for the following reasons: 1. It was a new way to play games 2. Nintendo's first party titles 3. Niche games --- I got what I wanted.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I have been completely satisfied since day 1. There has always been a time where I've wanted multiple games. Matter of fact I'd be very satisfied in both ways if it were VC only and zero wii software titles and vice versa.

And all the titles that are awaiting for the end of 2009 and throughout 2010 are continuing to boost my excitement.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I'm very satisfied. With the current lineup and upcoming.
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
i think there are a lot of people who dont think that much before making a purchase as u obviously do. maybe they are happy with it and maybe they regret it after some months. why bother with that? i wanted it for the motion controls and now i experienced some nice games. i'm happy with it
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Camp 3: Bought a Wii because I owned every Nintendo system in the past and knew there would continue to be more Mario, Zelda, Metroid and classic games for download, as well as great exclusives which all systems will eventually have.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

Camp 3: Bought a Wii because I owned every Nintendo system in the past and knew there would continue to be more Mario, Zelda, Metroid and classic games for download, as well as great exclusives which all systems will eventually have.

FFCYAN

That's camp 2, you bought it for what would eventually come out

If production stopped after it's first month would you be satisfied?

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I am very satisfied with the Wii, have been since Day 1, and will continued to be satisfied based on the upcoming list of games. I knew I had to have it for the same reasons Haz mentioned, along with the VC games I never played. Plus, I've owned every Nintendo console, so it just made sense to me to get the Wii.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I feel satisfaction with my purchase.

The only thing that makes me upset is the fact that I

A- don't have enough money to buy all the games I want

and

B- don't have all the time to play all the games I have

it's a paradox

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

Jaysonguy

I fit in the Camp 1 catagory as well because I wanted to experience Wii Sports and Twilight Princess.

If production stopped? Don't know what you mean. Even if there's a game drought, I am more than happy to buy Wii Points for VC downloads and collect "new" GC games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

FFCYAN

I fit in the Camp 1 catagory as well because I wanted to experience Wii Sports and Twilight Princess.

If production stopped? Don't know what you mean. Even if there's a game drought, I am more than happy to buy Wii Points for VC downloads and collect "new" GC games.

I mean if they didn't make the Wii anymore and they never made another game for the Wii after it's launch games would you feel satisfied.

I would feel satisfied because the games that I wanted to play badly enough to buy a Wii came out at launch, anything from that point forward was a bonus, I didn't care what else came out

gamersdream777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 gamersdream777
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I am almost satisfied, but want more 1st party games...

boy am i greedy!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

I am almost satisfied, but want more 1st party games...

boy am i greedy!

gamersdream777

Why did you buy a Wii then if it doesn't have all the games you want?

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

My purchase in the Wii was justified the moment I was able to set the system up. I have to say that I was pretty aware of what the system would be prior to getting one, and I already had what is considered by many people not only the best game on the system, but the best game this gen, a good while before ever getting the chance to buy a Wii. I ended up having to pay more than the usual retail price for it, but that doesn't even bother me now, as I've managed to establish a decent amount of games for the system, considering my gaming budget crisis over the time I've had the Wii.

Is that to say I'm pleased with EVERYTHING that has taken place since owning the system? No. For starters, I'm one who had to send my system in for SSBB, even though the process itself was easier and quicker than I expected it to be. Not only that, but I honestly believe that the system's current library could be a lot better if developers would finally embrace the system for what it is. The first half of this year was first time in a very long while that I've gone as long as I have without any recent release that I've been even remotely excited for, but I guess it helps the fact that I didn't really have a lot of money to spend on games anyway. :P Still, just getting to play games like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, the WiiWare games I've downloaded, and everything else has definitely made this a worthwhile investment. I'm looking forward to the upcoming years, and I hope that I'm able to be more pleased in my purchase of the Wii in time.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FFCYAN

I mean if they didn't make the Wii anymore and they never made another game for the Wii after it's launch games would you feel satisfied.

I would feel satisfied because the games that I wanted to play badly enough to buy a Wii came out at launch, anything from that point forward was a bonus, I didn't care what else came out

Jaysonguy

In that case, no. No Super Mario Galaxy, SMG2, MP3, Muramasa, Boom Blox, MH3, Zelda Wii, Darkside Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction. I'd be ****ed.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
I'm completely satisfied with my Wii, and I have been since the day I tried it out at a store while trying to convince my mom to let me get one.
Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#17 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

i'm not really satisfied with the wii at all. it just collects dust, but i can collect dust for free - i don't need a £200 white plastic lump to do that for me.

the last game i played on it and really enjoyed was metroid prime 3. madworld was alright, but not great. deadly creatures was okay, but not great.

and this year seems like another wii drought. the only wii games i'm getting this year are 'boy and his blob', and 'metroid prime trilogy'.

this is also the year where i'm planning on getting a PS3.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

i'm not really satisfied with the wii at all. it just collects dust, but i can collect dust for free - i don't need a £200 white plastic lump to do that for me.

the last game i played on it and really enjoyed was metroid prime 3. madworld was alright, but not great. deadly creatures was okay, but not great.

and this year seems like another wii drought. the only wii games i'm getting this year are 'boy and his blob', and 'metroid prime trilogy'.

this is also the year where i'm planning on getting a PS3.

just_nonplussed

So you're in camp 2

"I DIDN'T RESEARCH THIS ALL TOO WELL"

I guess you're fine with that since you obviously have no problem admitting it

If I could ask, why did you buy a console that didn't have everything you wanted?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
there have been good games on the wii that i cant get on any other system. in that regard, i am currently satisfied with my purchase. of course, if no good games are released on the wii from now on, id probably look back less favorably on my purchase.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Completely worth it by now, 20+ games and I enjoy the thing immensely.

Would I have been happy if it had stopped production after a month? Maybe, maybe not, but I quite enjoy the thing now.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Somewhat. It became a system that is full of horrible games and the good games it has I'm not really interested in. But like every Nintendo system I get them mainly for the first party games.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26112 Posts
The Wii has surpassed the N64 as the best console I have ever owned. I am very satisfied.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I am quite satisfied with my Wii. I love the games I have, the motion controls, and the downright "fun-ness" (not a word, I know) of it. It's not a perfect system (no system is), but I'm very satisfied.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#24 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

I'm very happy with my Wii. I play it often, and I love all of my Wii games.

I love the goofy things (equipment) that Nintendo is adding to the games. =P

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
2. Nintendo's first party titlesHaziqonfire
thats the only reason for me to but a Nintendo system over the others.
Nintendo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Nintendo789
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

i know that ive always gone with nintendo and never been unsatisfied so i stuck with em and though theirs rough spots with less games this will soon all change like the game cube the nintendo consoles all ways reach peak near their end and im im compleatly satisfied with my wii. and i got it the first day so its obviouse how much i wanted it and it does live up to its hype just the 3rd partys need to pick it up but its getting there eventually.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts
overall im satisified...no regrets with getting it. if ninty stopped wii production and support right now....id be happy with it overall. it doesent get the big blockbuster 3rd party games but its definately got some fo the more interesting and crazy games if this gen. i just wish 3rd parties would get it together. outside of capcom, atlus, red star, sega and EA...none of the other 3rd parties have really given the wii a go. they either dump a quick and dirty pointless port onto the system or they make some half hearted attempt to appeal to the wider market (and in the end just insult them really). hopefully, with FFCC CB we can add square to the list of 3rd parties who give the wii a go (my life as a king was great crack..id love to see a more fully developed retail sequal). but yeah..even if that situation doesent improve..i have no regrets.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts

I don't know what Camp I fit in, but I bought a Wii because I wanted one. I do enjoy it.

SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts

Let me first say I'm not a fanboy of Nintendo. I got my Wii because, like most people, I grew up playing all of Nintendo's systems. To me the Wii, like all of nintendo previous consoles, has the best first party and exclusive's available. I've been more then happy with my Wii, not only for the new games but for all the classics on the VC. Not to mention Nintendo finally has good third party support, something that hasn't happened for a while.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I bought a Wii for No More Heroes.

At first I figured it would come out as the console was on its death kneel, then I figured it wouldn't even make America (which is when I sought out the import).

I paid full price when it came out, and the game satisfied everything I wanted out of it.

So now I just check in to see if anything neat comes out on the Wii.

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

the wii has 5 really good games that i like and about 3 or 4 more that i thought were gems. having said that,,,the wii is a crap system flooded with more bile then any other system before it. nintendo has completely lost touch with gamers. i think it should of been priced as what it is. a gamecube with new controls. if i bought it for $149 new then maybe it would of been worth it. but seeing the new IP from nintendo, the dumbed down version of mario kart, no new zelda, no online (seriously, its service is a joke), the wii is the biggest console mistake ive ever made.and i bought a jaguar and neo geo.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

I bought a Wii for No More Heroes.

At first I figured it would come out as the console was on its death kneel, then I figured it wouldn't even make America (which is when I sought out the import).

I paid full price when it came out, and the game satisfied everything I wanted out of it.

So now I just check in to see if anything neat comes out on the Wii.

SirSpudly

I love you so much Spud

You read and understood and answered exactly as the question was presented.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#33 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I am very happy I got a Wii I have never regretted it either.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

I've loved it since I got it at launch.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

I'm in Camp 1.5.

I want some new games (Star Fox and/or Kirby), but the Wii is still worth the money as it is.

I remember when it first came out, I thought little of it. Then I played it. The next three months of my life were filled with obsession over getting it as well as doing any extra jobs around the house that paid.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

If we're defining "satisfied" as saying that you wouldn't care if no new games ever came out for it, then no... but that's true of any console still being supported by developers. I buy consoles to play games. What on Earth else do you do with one?

captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 captkiwi
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

If we're defining "satisfied" as saying that you wouldn't care if no new games ever came out for it, then no... but that's true of any console still being supported by developers. I buy consoles to play games. What on Earth else do you do with one?

GabuEx

I completely agree.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I have a huge backlog, it's almost overwhelming. So yes, I am satisfied but I really should finish some of those games :P.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jaysonguy

GabuEx

OK, so then you agree that you're just gambling with the console then?

You hope that games will come out for you and you buy it before it has a library that will satisfy you

So since you're a stand up fellow if nothing came out for the Wii that interested you you'd say it's your fault right?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

OK, so then you agree that you're just gambling with the console then?

You hope that games will come out for you and you buy it before it has a library that will satisfy you

So since you're a stand up fellow if nothing came out for the Wii that interested you you'd say it's your fault right?

Jaysonguy

No library would ever satisfy me in some final sense. If I were satisfied, then I would stop playing games, as I would have no more desire to do so. Being that I continue to play games to this day, that is evidently not the case.

I didn't buy the Wii just to sit there and stare at it. Did you?

Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

I wanted a Wii because I own every Nintendo console up to date and I didn't want to abandon Nintendo and never be able to play a console Zelda, Mario or Metroid again. I was really interested in motion controls as well and wanted to see what it was like, and although it's not the best console ever I'm completely happy with my purchase.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm in neither of those category's. I wanted a Wii because the garbageman forced me to get one. He beat me up and threw me in the garbage truck and was about to crush me then he said "wii would like to play". Then he said, "if you don't buy a Wii then your can is mine" *Pun intended*. Then he threw me back on the street and drove off with his goons. That's why I had to get a Wii and have been enjoying it ever since.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#43 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

I'm in neither of those category's. I wanted a Wii because the garbageman forced me to get one. He beat me up and threw me in the garbage truck and was about to crush me then he said "wii would like to play". Then he said, "if you don't buy a Wii then your can is mine" *Pun intended*. Then he threw me back on the street and drove off with his goons. That's why I had to get a Wii and have been enjoying it ever since.

nini200
i hate it when that happens.
JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
I wanted it because I thought the Wii Remote was really cool, it had Nintendo games on it, the virtual console sounded great to me.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

Yup. No More Heroes alone justified getting a Wii.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#47 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

yes , , why wouldnt it be worth it for me to own a wii that costed half the price at launch then it did for a 360 and ps3 at launch

it had a killer launch compared to gc whos lauch titles consist of wave race bs and luigi mansion

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I knew the games I liked would eventually come out, plus I had Warioware, Wii Sports, and TP to play right after I bought it. However, it was not those three games that I wanted a Wii for, it was for Brawl and Galaxy. The trailers had already been shown for the games so I "gambled" in hopes that I eventually get these two games. I was completely satisfied with my purchase after Brawl and Galaxy. So, Camp 2 I guess?
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I bought the Wii because I missed Nintendo first-party after being away since the SNES, and they exceeded my expectations in that department:)

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I waited 14 hours online at launch, and when I was setting it up, it was one of the top 10 happiest moments of my life, so yeas.

Every second has been worth it.