Virtual Console MEGA Thread!!! [Updated 02/24/07]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HolyCheesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#401 HolyCheesus
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts
Will Super Mario All-Stars ever come to the VC? I can't wait for the original SMB3 to come out, when I try to play it on my NES I get the same ol' blue screen.
Herrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#403 Herrn
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Question;  Which days are the games coming out? Mond? Wed?  (i live in Sweden)

Note; Lylat Wars on the Wii! Freaking sweet! :D

HolyCheesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 HolyCheesus

You live in Sweden? Is it true every body there likes Conan O' Brien. Or am I thinking of Finland?

PS. I don't know.

Herrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Herrn

Hmm.. well i dunno.. I kinda like him.. =P But people from Finland are stranger than we from sweden, so i wouldnt doubt on them beeing excited about Conan ;D

HolyCheesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 HolyCheesus

Hmm.. well i dunno.. I kinda like him.. =P But people from Finland are stranger than we from sweden, so i wouldnt doubt on them beeing excited about Conan ;D

Herrn

Well I need to do some more research on Sweden. I think its Finland that likes him, now that I think about it.

When are the Neo Geo games supposed to hit the VC?

Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#407 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
Will Super Mario All-Stars ever come to the VC? I can't wait for the original SMB3 to come out, when I try to play it on my NES I get the same ol' blue screen.HolyCheesus
No, I'm sure they will release all the games individually to make as much money as possible.
Jpatnaude04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#408 Jpatnaude04
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
Neo Geo games will hit VC towards the end of July, the real question should be is "how will we be able to store Neo Geo game?"seeing that there is only 512 Mb of storage and NG games are anywhere between 133 Mb and 350 Mb.Will Nintendo alow us to use external HDD's or SD cards to store VC games? Only time will tell.
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
Using any external harddrives would be the best possibility.
Herrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Herrn

Are there any official lists of upcoming games for the virtual console??

Games id like to see in the near future; Pocky and Rocky 1 and 2, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Castlevania 5, Zombies ate my Neighbours,,, among others

Jpatnaude04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#411 Jpatnaude04
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
No there is no official list of upcomming VC games, but you can check ESRB's web site to see which games have been rated by them. In turn, rated games means they will be released some time soon (or not soon in some cases). Some companies like to announce thier upcomming games to VC, Sega and Hudson like to do that. Sometimes you will hear about the announcments here but I trust joystiq.com for thier news.Enjoy!!
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#412 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Anyone know when Super Metroid is going to be on the VC?
HolyCheesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 HolyCheesus
Why do Neo Geo games take up so much room? It was a 2D 16-bit consol wasn't it?
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#414 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
Is it possible to add points on to a Wii Points card, or do you have to get a new card every time you put the points from the original card on the Wii?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 codezer0

Why do Neo Geo games take up so much room? It was a 2D 16-bit consol wasn't it?HolyCheesus
It was a 16-bit console yes, but since you apparently don't remember, those cartridges for the Neo Geo were physically HUGE. Each one was was about as wide as a 7950GT video card, and almost as tall as a DVD case.

With that much physical room, the Neo Geo was able to accommodate some large-capacity ROM chips on the cartridges at the time, and thus was able to allow for arcade-perfect releases to the console.

One place I used to work that had an arcade with SNK games, I remember one of the techs that worked on the machines admitting that because the innards used the same connectors, it was much easier to simply retrofit a console inside the arcade cabinet and load the appropriate cartridge than simply replace the arcade board when the cost of those were getting prohibitive for proper repair. It simply goes to show that the Neo Geo was the first console that had arcade perfect games for home...

When the Neo Geo came out, each of those cartridges were also $200/piece. 

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 codezer0
Is it possible to add points on to a Wii Points card, or do you have to get a new card every time you put the points from the original card on the Wii?CJL13
I'm guessing that it's like the XBL Marketplace points cards, in that basically once you enter the code off one onto the Wii, it's loaded and for use, and therefore you can't just reload a Wii Points card.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#417 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts

Will Super Mario All-Stars ever come to the VC? I can't wait for the original SMB3 to come out, when I try to play it on my NES I get the same ol' blue screen.HolyCheesus

No, I don't think All Stars will ever come to VC. If they do that they would make only $8.00 (800 points) each time a person buys it. But if they sell each game seperatly they get more money. 

HolyCheesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 HolyCheesus

Oh yeah, those cartigies were pretty huge.

I think Super mario All-Stars should releaase around the Wiis death. Im still thinking when I get Nintendos next system, do I have to download all my games again? Its also nice to play those classics with the updated SNES grahics.

So is the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2(super Mario the Lost Levels in Europe I think) going to the virtual consol, or is the US version going to hit instead.(Super Mario USA in Japan) 

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Crisis_Eye

I think Super mario All-Stars should releaase around the Wiis death. Im still thinking when I get Nintendos next system, do I have to download all my games again? Its also nice to play those classics with the updated SNES grahics.

So is the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2(super Mario the Lost Levels in Europe I think) going to the virtual consol, or is the US version going to hit instead.(Super Mario USA in Japan)

HolyCheesus

There are no updated SNES graphics or any updated graphics for thoes games... Thoes games are 100% pure original. NOthing was done to them, the only thing they did to it was emulate it, no control changing or graphics enhancement

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#420 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
[QUOTE="HolyCheesus"]

Crisis_Eye

There are no updated SNES graphics or any updated graphics for thoes games... Thoes games are 100% pure original. NOthing was done to them, the only thing they did to it was emulate it, no control changing or graphics enhancement

I think he ment Super mario All-Stars

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
cool, nice list
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#422 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
wow.. i never heard of turbografix-16 before i heard of wii VC
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 codezer0
wow.. i never heard of turbografix-16 before i heard of wii VCSants412
Blame that on the fact that hardly anyone ever carried it, which could also be blamed on the fact that Hudson had some really weird and harsh regulations to stores that wanted to carry their console and games.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 Crisis_Eye
[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"][QUOTE="HolyCheesus"]

l8bitz

I think he ment Super mario All-Stars

Oh,if he was...  Sorry. XP

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Does anybody know what games were released in Europe today?

slayerver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#426 slayerver1
Member since 2004 • 594 Posts
Looks like the Aussie VC will get something good this week - SNES version of Final Fight
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
Super Mario RPG is the game I want to try, I hear it is great.
HolyCheesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 HolyCheesus

So is both the MSX and Neogeo releasing on the Wii VC?

Also I just heared that the Japan version of Super Mario Bros. 2(Lost Levels) is releasing May 1st.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

So is both the MSX and Neogeo releasing on the Wii VC?

Also I just heared that the Japan version of Super Mario Bros. 2(Lost Levels) is releasing May 1st.

HolyCheesus

I highly doubt the MSX will come at least not outside of Japan but the Neo Geo is coming. SNK confirmed it's not only in Japan that the Neo Geo is coming but it's a worldwide release. So any regions who had the Neo Geo will have the VC games.

froggut198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 froggut198
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts

anybody know what coming out tomorow?

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 Crisis_Eye

TO Froggut198:

I've been posting what has been released every monday for US. The only time I know is when it actually comes out on that day. And I shouldn't even have my Wii on mondays because im grounded except for weekends. So....

MONDAY 4/30

Castlevania NES 500

Shockman TB16 600

The Ledgend of the Mysterious Ninja SNES 800

The full list I made is here.

Master List 

XGxAxMxExRX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 XGxAxMxExRX
Member since 2006 • 236 Posts
when are they going to update it?
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#433 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.
djcheddar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 djcheddar
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.Caybrown

umm, why not??

Let me guess, you're one of those forum users that decides to read the subject heading of a thread, and then jump to the very last reply, and assume that nobody is utilizing the thread for what it's for. And since ya love to hear yourself type, you post an idiotic reply, asking some question that is easily answered if ya just read the thread.

So, read the thread, you may find out why this is a "sticky thread".

and if you're too lazy to read, here's a quick explanation. It's updated because every week (or so) Nintendo releases a few games on the Virtual Console. And for those unaware, this thread it meant to inform them of the games that were released. It's made as a sticky because it makes it easier to find for the users here.

ShweyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 ShweyGamer
Member since 2004 • 427 Posts

HERZOG ZWEI, please someone follow up with begging for this childhood gaming revolution of mine to come to the Virtual Console.

HERZOG ZWEI, look it up.

ilikemilk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 ilikemilk007
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.Caybrown

Yes, it should be, and it is. If you don't understand why this is a sticky, then maybe you are best off not even using the internet at all.

metalgearmunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 metalgearmunky
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
anyone kno if the original harvest moon for the snes will come out with in the next few months or if it will come out @all?
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 Crisis_Eye

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.djcheddar

umm, why not??

Let me guess, you're one of those forum users that decides to read the subject heading of a thread, and then jump to the very last reply, and assume that nobody is utilizing the thread for what it's for. And since ya love to hear yourself type, you post an idiotic reply, asking some question that is easily answered if ya just read the thread.

and if you're too lazy to read, here's a quick explanation. It's updated because every week (or so) Nintendo releases a few games on the Virtual Console. And for those unaware, this thread it meant to inform them of the games that were released. It's made as a sticky because it makes it easier to find for the users here.

Yup, thats why it's stickied. =)  Well, put.

anyone kno if the original harvest moon for the snes will come out with in the next few months or if it will come out @all?metalgearmunky

I don't know any of that information yet. But they will probably put as many games on the VC as possible. 

Elenzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 Elenzer
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Excellent thread, thanks for all the information
skine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 skine99
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
[QUOTE="djcheddar"]

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.Crisis_Eye

umm, why not??

Let me guess, you're one of those forum users that decides to read the subject heading of a thread, and then jump to the very last reply, and assume that nobody is utilizing the thread for what it's for. And since ya love to hear yourself type, you post an idiotic reply, asking some question that is easily answered if ya just read the thread.

Yup, thats why it's stickied. =)  Well, put.

anyone kno if the original harvest moon for the snes will come out with in the next few months or if it will come out @all?metalgearmunky

I don't know any of that information yet. But they will probably put as many games on the VC as possible. 

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? It shouldn't be stickied if he hasn't updated in like 2 months!!

froggut198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 froggut198
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts
Anybody know whats coming out tomorow?  It would be nice if they would release Kirby Superstar.
nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#442 nekrotaunter
Member since 2003 • 1480 Posts
I'm still waiting for Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 Crisis_Eye

VC Games released on 5/7

Ordyne TG16

Final Fight SNES

Castlevania NES

Master Game List

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 Crisis_Eye

I'll even repost my whole list so the link isn't necesary just check here. 

Here is a list of Virtual Console games that have been released. They are in order from earliest release to latest. I'll update it whenever I'm on. If there are an mistakes, please message me.

Last updated 5/8/07

NES - 500 Wii Points Each

Donkey Kong
Ledgend of Zelda
Mario Bros.
Pinball
Soccer
Solomon's Key
Wario's Woods
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hokey
Tennis
Super Mario Bros.
Baseball
Urban Champion
Gradius
Xevious
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
The Ledgend of Kage
Elevator Action
Tecmo Bowl
Excitebike
Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles
Galaga
Punchout!!
Castlevania

SNES - 800 Wii Points Each

F-Zero
Sim City
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Super Castlevania IV
R-Type III: The Third Lightning
The Ledgend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Gradius III
The Ledgend of the Mysterious Ninja
Final Fight

N64 - 1000 Wii Points Each

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocorina of Time
Star Fox 64

Genesis - 800 Wii Points Each

Altered Beast
Sonic the Hedgehog
Ecco the Dolphin
Golden Axe
Columns
Ristar
Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Gunstar Heros
Space Harrier II
ToeJam & Earl
Bonanza Bros.
Comix Zone
Gain Ground
Streets of Rage
Bio-Hazard Battle
Sword of Vermilion
Sonic Spinball
Beyond Oasis
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Virtua Fighter II
Wonder Boy in Monster World

TurboGrafx16 - 600 Wii Points Each

Bomberman 93'
Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run
Alien Crush
Military Madness
R-Type
Dungeon Explorer
Soldier Blade
Moto Roader
Vigilante
New Advanture Island
Chew Man Fu
Double Dungeons
Splatterhouse
Dragon's Curse
Bravoman
Bonk's Revenge
Battle Lode Runner
Shockman
Ordyne

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 Caybrown

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.djcheddar

umm, why not??

Let me guess, you're one of those forum users that decides to read the subject heading of a thread, and then jump to the very last reply, and assume that nobody is utilizing the thread for what it's for. And since ya love to hear yourself type, you post an idiotic reply, asking some question that is easily answered if ya just read the thread.

No because he havent updated in like two months and someone should make a new one thats what i mean the thread is good but the thread maker doesn't update.

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.ilikemilk007

Yes, it should be, and it is. If you don't understand why this is a sticky, then maybe you are best off not even using the internet at all.

Like i told him useful thread nonupdated. I didn't mean it in offensive way i was just saying. And i do know why its stickied. Why are you guys gaining up on me i'm sorry =3
djcheddar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 djcheddar
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
[QUOTE="djcheddar"]

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]Whats up with this thread it shouldn't even be sticky.Caybrown

umm, why not??

No because he havent updated in like two months and someone should make a new one thats what i mean the thread is good but the thread maker doesn't update. 

Fair enough :)

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 Caybrown
[QUOTE="Caybrown"][QUOTE="djcheddar"]

umm, why not??

Fair enough :)

tHANKS!
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 Crisis_Eye
HELLO!?!?! Have ANY of you seen that I have been updating this every monday?!? I add the new games to the master list that I created and put the new games in a seperate post. ... *sigh* i guess no one notices whut I do....
ImajinMyFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 ImajinMyFX
Member since 2006 • 564 Posts
if i buy mario go kart for gamecube do i need to buy a gc controller or is the wii classic controller fine?