Twilight Princess vs Windwaker

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

It's been a while, lets start this thing up again.

I have beaten both games twice, and I can say that for me Twilight Princess was way better.

Wind Waker's boss weren't very enjoyable - Except for Gannon and Puppet Gannon.

While TP's bosses were easy they were varied and creative.

Twilight Princess's story was very engaging - heres an example of a great cutscene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9qmN8oLbA - very exciting, lots of humor.

Twilight Princess's dungons were WAY more varried, and some of the items like the Double Hookshot were phenomonal.

To be fair I really liked all the sidequests in Windwaker (but sailing was tedious), and I reallly liked the games phisics - you could shoot an enemy with a fire arrow and he would fly backwards and set another on fire.

Theres no compairing the graphics - TP's was better from a technical standpoint but Windwaker's look a feast for the eyes. Two diffrent looks that are both good to look at.

Avatar image for Clean_Water_Mmm
Clean_Water_Mmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Clean_Water_Mmm
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
although i prefer wind wakers graphical style, i enjoyed twilight princess more. and that was one of the better cut scenes in the game.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
The Wind Waker gets my vote. It actually felt like a "legend[ary]" game.
miniduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 miniduck
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
I loved both, but I give the edge to TP.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
Windwaker.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Wind Waker by far.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
1000 years from now there will be a world war between WW fans and TP fans.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
1000 years from now there will be a world war between WW fans and TP fans.goblaa
And Wind Waker fans will win. :P
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

i havent beaten WW yet so i have to go with TP

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]1000 years from now there will be a world war between WW fans and TP fans.Dark_Link142
And Wind Waker fans will win. :P

......the second place trophy.:lol: Seriously, they are both excellent games.
Avatar image for Clean_Water_Mmm
Clean_Water_Mmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Clean_Water_Mmm
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
1000 years from now there will be a world war between WW fans and TP fans.goblaa
1000 years is too long to wait. Wind Waker fans must pay for thier opinions.
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

The monotonous sailing ruined Wind Waker for me. It's the only Zelda I've ever had that I didn't finish.

That and having to play a song every single time I wanted to change the wind direction. Annoying.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts
Wind Waker. This shouldn't even be a contest.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Cool, Wind Waker is winning :D I choose WW over TP because it offered some real innovation, while TP is little more than a remake of Ocarina of Time (although a very good remake). Also, Link's facial expressions in WW are amazing, as opposed to a more lifeless character in TP.
SlorgieNel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 SlorgieNel
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
Wind Waker by a mile! TP took itself too seriously.. WW was just an awesome game with the best hero ever. Toon Link is so much better than Link in so many ways, starting with his adorableness :D
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Twilight Princess is much better in nearly every aspect; gameplay, content, graphics, length. Honestly I have no clue why Twilight Princess gets so much hate... it's one of the best Wii games out there. Plus everyone seems to complain about Nintendo having a "kiddy" image yet at the same time they like Wind Waker's look more, talk about mixed signals. Cell shaded Zelda should stay on DS.
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
twilight princess was a good game..but as a zelda game it doesn't even come close to the best. windwaker is better but personally i love majora's mask and ocarina of time lol at "cell shaded zelda should stay on DS" the art style was creative and successful..no need to put it down just because it isn't "realistic"
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 umcommon
[QUOTE="lucifer3999"]twilight princess was a good game..but as a zelda game it doesn't even come close to the best. windwaker is better but personally i love majora's mask and ocarina of time lol at "cell shaded zelda should stay on DS" the art style was creative and successful..no need to put it down just because it isn't "realistic"

Twilight Princess was more successful, sales don't lie.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
They both were great, but Twilight Princess felt bigger. Plus the Wii controls and widescreen mode make me more likely to play TP. Now if they just remake WW that would be great.
jeroentje001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeroentje001
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts

Wind Waker!!!

why? more unique graphics, more interesting side quests, no annoying switching between link and wolf link, sailing is fun,...

I've been a Zelda fan from the beginning, but I didn't enjow TP as much as the previous games... I really hope Nintendo changes that with the next Zelda...

let's just wait for E3

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

Wind Waker. This shouldn't even be a contest.Litchie
:x Well thier is a contest. I've played both games twice so I should know which one I preffered and I am definitly a Twilight Princess fan. And in other polls Twilight Princess has been in the lead - it really depends on who's on the wii forums at the time. Not only is this a contest, it's probably one of the biggest areas of disagreement on the Wii forum.

I can't see how someone would preffer Windwaker, but I'm not going to assume that those who do don't have very good reasons.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]Wind Waker. This shouldn't even be a contest.alphamale1989

:x Well thier is a contest. I've played both games twice so I should know which one I preffered and I am definitly a Twilight Princess fan. And in other polls Twilight Princess has been in the lead - it really depends on who's on the wii forums at the time. Not only is this a contest, it's probably one of the biggest areas of disagreement on the Wii forum.

I can't see how someone would preffer Windwaker, but I'm not going to assume that those who do don't have very good reasons.

The story was better. The gameplay was better. The characters were better (TP lacked personality, and Ganon was incredibly more awesome in WW). The graphics was better. The difficulty was better. The replay value was better. Those are pretty good reasons to me. All of these things made WW feel a lot more epic and original.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Twilight Princess by a mile. There wasn't a single aspect in WW that was better than TP.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
WW defiantely. I just think it had alot more detail (in alot of respects) than TP. TP felt empty, it just somehow missed the feeling I usually get from a Zelda game. It was alright, but WW delivered like no other.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Twilight Princess.For all the things Wind Waker does right,it does some other things so utterly and terribly wrong.
Witch24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Witch24
Member since 2008 • 329 Posts
TP then Zelda TWW right behind... Playing right now: PS2: Silent Hill 4, God of War and Kingdom Hearts 2 Xbox 360: Dead Space and Fable 2 Wii: Manhunt 2
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lucifer3999
[QUOTE="lucifer3999"]twilight princess was a good game..but as a zelda game it doesn't even come close to the best. windwaker is better but personally i love majora's mask and ocarina of time lol at "cell shaded zelda should stay on DS" the art style was creative and successful..no need to put it down just because it isn't "realistic"umcommon

best selling game doesn't mean best game the fact that you tried to make your opinion fact with "game sales" proves that you know nothing about what makes a game great.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts
Im gonna go with TP, there both great games but i liked TP's atmosphere art design and gameplay much more and i think wind waker Collectively split the zelda fanbase into two groups.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]

It's been a while, lets start this thing up again.

I have beaten both games twice, and I can say that for me Twilight Princess was way better.

Wind Waker's boss weren't very enjoyable - Except for Gannon and Puppet Gannon.

While TP's bosses were easy they were varied and creative.

Twilight Princess's story was very engaging - heres an example of a great cutscene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9qmN8oLbA - very exciting, lots of humor.

Twilight Princess's dungons were WAY more varried, and some of the items like the Double Hookshot were phenomonal.

To be fair I really liked all the sidequests in Windwaker (but sailing was tedious), and I reallly liked the games phisics - you could shoot an enemy with a fire arrow and he would fly backwards and set another on fire.

Theres no compairing the graphics - TP's was better from a technical standpoint but Windwaker's look a feast for the eyes. Two diffrent looks that are both good to look at.

I think Windwaker is better.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Wind Waker,I like its gameplay,graphics,and story way more.

.....how many times has this poll been asked?

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
I'm embarassed to admit that I've never played WindWaker.:( I went from Majora's Mask right to TP.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
TP. I could not get into WindWaker. I wanted to SO BAD. but i just couldn't. only zelda game i haven't beaten. It feels wierd
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
Wind Waker
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
I'm embarassed to admit that I've never played WindWaker.:( I went from Majora's Mask right to TP.DDRMom
GAH! Don't be embarrassed though, be excited. Go run out and buy WW right now and you'll get to experience all the greatness for the first time. I actually envy you in a way. And yes, my vote went to WW. As I've said over and over again in these polls, TP was the worst of the 3d zeldas.
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
WW has been the only 3D Zelda game that has bored me completely
Jon_To_The_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#36 Jon_To_The_C
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts
I hated Windwaker. I always liked normal Link better than Young Link, so when I saw the Toon-Young-Link, I wasn't pleased. I'm really not fond of the graphics style of Windwaker either. Two cartoonish and 2D.
tekky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tekky14
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

Ive beaten TP, and Im halfway through WW, but im thinking neither of these were my favourites.Twilight princess was too much like ocarina of time (in a bad way), and windwaker got tiresome quickly because of the dull story and the sailing mechanics, plus its the only zelda game that I havn't felt the need to finish "just one more level".

Overall, OoT beats the pants off both of these wussy games combined! 8)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#38 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Wind Waker I have played it much more than Twilight Princess. It tried to be different in the series and the graphics were outstanding. The game had 2 critcisms. It was too short and the sailing was dull but overall the temples in Wind Waker were much better than Twilight Princess.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 umcommon
[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="lucifer3999"]twilight princess was a good game..but as a zelda game it doesn't even come close to the best. windwaker is better but personally i love majora's mask and ocarina of time lol at "cell shaded zelda should stay on DS" the art style was creative and successful..no need to put it down just because it isn't "realistic"lucifer3999

best selling game doesn't mean best game the fact that you tried to make your opinion fact with "game sales" proves that you know nothing about what makes a game great.

I was talking about SUCCESS not greatness. But in greatness respect TP is much better at least in my own personal opinion. Gameplay, graphics, content, as a whole it felt much more epic like a Zelda game should. Again I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that people complain about Twilight Princess and put Wind Waker on this huge pedestal when WW was bashed horribly for it's kiddy art style.
lordoflol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lordoflol
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
This just like having to choose which of your kids is best. They are both as good, but in different ways. But I went for windwaker, my reason for my choice is that I love the sea. But I must say we shouldnt compare Windwaker and Twilight Princess wait until a new zelda comes hopefully too the Wii.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#41 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Twilight Princess.. is worse than WW, and it's not even close. WW's bosses weren't a complete joke, it had a better storyline, and the final boss battle was epic.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I like Both, but prefer TP.
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
I don't like playing video games :P
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
I don't like playing video games :Psicteliko
Then why are you at gamespot?
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

[QUOTE="sicteliko"]I don't like playing video games :PC-Lee
Then why are you at gamespot?

I'm pretty confident he was joking,considering the last choice in the poll...>_>

chappy_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 chappy_man
Member since 2005 • 839 Posts
I miss Orcorina of Time. It was for me my first Zelda game, one my dad picked up for me because he saw it on sale and rated and one of the best games. Before that i was playing a manner of non nintendo games. But once i tried Orcarina I was hooked. The Legend of Zelda is now my favorite franchise and i have and will play any iteration i can get my hands on. It even pushed me to buy a Wii.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#47 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I miss Orcorina of Time. It was for me my first Zelda game, one my dad picked up for me because he saw it on sale and rated and one of the best games. Before that i was playing a manner of non nintendo games. But once i tried Orcarina I was hooked. The Legend of Zelda is now my favorite franchise and i have and will play any iteration i can get my hands on. It even pushed me to buy a Wii.chappy_man

Okay, I'm sorry, but it's ocarina. Not orcorina. That really bothered me.

But back to the matter at hand, Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game ever. Possibly my favorite game of all time. Better characters, more personality, cooler art style, MUCH better selection of side quests, better bosses (easier, but better) , and a more interesting story line. The whole lite world/dark world complex has been used since Link to the Past. Don't get me wrong, I like Twilight Princess- in fact I love twilight princess, it's just not as good as Wind Waker. And if you haven't played the game just because of the graphical style, you really are denying yourself of one of the greatest experiences in videogame history.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lucifer3999

I was talking about SUCCESS not greatness. But in greatness respect TP is much better at least in my own personal opinion. Gameplay, graphics, content, as a whole it felt much more epic like a Zelda game should. Again I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that people complain about Twilight Princess and put Wind Waker on this huge pedestal when WW was bashed horribly for it's kiddy art style.umcommon

twilight princess was criticised for doing almost the exact same thing other zelda games (and action games before it) had done.

The graphics where dissapointing considering what the wii can do and the content couldn't satisfy me especially when i was looking for replayability or side-quests that were worth doing.

windwaker's artistic shift (although radically different) actually felt fresh,new and it worked, which is why i said it was successful. Its the kind of change that adds to game, not takes from it.

Twilight princess gave almost nothing new to the Zelda series..and it actually felt stale compared to other games in the series.

Windwaker isn't even my favorite zelda game yet i still put it higher than Twilight Princess because I felt it was an all around better game.

Again, i dont understand why you feel the need to insult wind waker because you think it's graphics are "kiddy". It had a cell-shaded cartoonish feel similiar to Okami.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

TP. I could not get into WindWaker. I wanted to SO BAD. but i just couldn't. only zelda game i haven't beaten. It feels wierdC-Lee

Same exact thing happened to me!

I just couldn't get into the game enough to play it through. The combination of cartoony graphics and constant sailing just didn't make it feel like a Zelda game to me!

darthmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 darthmario123
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts
Twilight Princess