Tracking Down Amiibos

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

How much luck is everyone having tracking down the Amiibos?

I was able to grab most at Toys R Us with their 3 for 30 deal but I had to grab Marth at Target.

The second wave I have coming from Best Buy. Since they fall under the Gamer's Club Unlocked they're always the best price and you don't have to buy multiple characters.

Did anyone else have trouble tracking down certain ones?

OH! Make sure if you want Shulk to preorder him now, he may be difficult to get once it gets close to his release.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

im going to encourge you to be positive :)

i went to toysrus today to get some....everything was sold out..except peach. there was a whole row of peach lol

well there was 1 fox( i got it) abd about 3 or 4 links...4 kirbys and 3 pikachus....everything else was gone... even wiifit trainer.

im going back when the next wave comes in dec to get mario and cpt falcon, donkey kong and samus.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Well, I'm making it easier for you because I'm not buying any. :P

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I think I'm getting lucky. I managed to get Fox, Samus, and Marth at midnight release at EBgames. I only got those, along with Smash Bros, that night because that was all I was willing to spend. Then I got a $50 gift card that night for winning the Smash Bros tournament they held but I wasn't able to use the card until the next day they said. So I went back there today and there wasn't much figures left. So I went to another EBgames and got Mario and the last Link (and a Toad plushie!). So I got all the figurines I wanted the most and now awaiting the next batch. I may pick up the others if I have extra money to spare.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I picked up my game at best buy. The hads tons of amiibos but sold out of marth, villager, and wii fit trainer even though I was there an hour after opening. I went to target and got all 3. They only had a few if each left but tons of other characters.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Why not just order them from amazon? With the exception of store exclusives obviously.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I was browsing at Toys R Us. I don't plan on getting any Amiibo but I was just checking them out in the store, and they were all sold out of Yoshi, they only had a few Villager ones left, and they had a good number (10+ at least) left of all of the others. And there were like 30 Peach ones still left haha.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

@polishkid99 said:

Why not just order them from amazon? With the exception of store exclusives obviously.

http://www.amazon.com/Marth-amiibo-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00N4ABOXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416783888&sr=8-1&keywords=marth

That's why, some of the lesser characters are selling out because they didn't make many because they're lower than bottom tier characters.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I managed to grab the free amiibo (Samus) with my copy of smash. The Toys R Us in my city has a bunch of amiibo left.

I'm grabbing Wii Fit Trainer next week possibly. And I'll get Palutena when she's released. Don't really want any other ones.

Sidenote: Why in the world is Megaman, Sonic and Pac Man releasing before Luigi???

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 polishkid99

@Jaysonguy:

Wii fit trainer, villager, and marth. But, that was to be expected. Wait for the store to be restocked?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@nini200 said:

I managed to grab the free amiibo (Samus) with my copy of smash. The Toys R Us in my city has a bunch of amiibo left.

I'm grabbing Wii Fit Trainer next week possibly. And I'll get Palutena when she's released. Don't really want any other ones.

Sidenote: Why in the world is Megaman, Sonic and Pac Man releasing before Luigi???

There not, Luigi is part of set 2 which comes out in December. Megaman and Sonic are part of set 3 which is coming in February, and Pac-Man hasn't even been confirmed to be getting an Amiibo yet.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm hoping Bestbuy updates their store website for the 3rd wave. I'm trying to collect all the Zelda characters. Will be getting Sheik and Toon Link from the 3rd wave, but they aren't up yet on the BB website.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I only wanted Link and Samus, they had them at the GameStop when I went for midnight launch. Later I'll want Little Mac and Zero Suit Samus when they get those. I hope I don't get addicted getting these.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Are people opening their Amiibos or keeping them in the box like a crazy person (in other words like me)?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn

I have not opened mine lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

im opening them....i dont like keeping stuff sealed

collectors 20 years from now will hate me.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 polishkid99

@thedude- said:

Are people opening their Amiibos or keeping them in the box like a crazy person (in other words like me)?

My girlfriend just surprised me with Mario, Pikachu, and Fox when she came over. I never had the intention of purchasing any of these other than one Donkey Kong but now i feel a certain temptation, a sweet savoring and hint of impending addiction. I'm staring at them while they're in their boxes as I speak. I will not let you out, no i will not.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thedude-

@polishkid99 said:

@thedude- said:

My girlfriend just surprised me with Mario, Pikachu, and Fox when she came over. I never had the intention of purchasing any of these other than one Donkey Kong but now i feel a certain temptation, a sweet savoring and hint of impending addiction. I'm staring at them while they're in their boxes as I speak. I will not let you out, no i will not.

I preordered mine at Toys R Us and got the free amiibo. My little brother bought the Star Fox one as a gift.

Definitely do not see them as fun applications in game, but like them as collectibles.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

What is the meaning of this? JasonGuy NOT bashing Nintendo?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Got Villager with SSB, found Mario at Wal Mart (and only Mario left), ordered Fox, Samus and Link at BB and will search the local Wal Marts soon for Pikachu and Marth.

Pre ordered Ike, Luigi, Sheik, Princess Zelda and Shulk.

Good luck guys!

@lamprey263 said:

I hope I don't get addicted getting these.

Was hoping the same thing but damn.. already got the fever!

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

I saw a defect Samus going for about $800 and climbing. These things are hot.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AutoPilotOn

I just preordered shulk today. I need to do same for other exclusives.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@thedude- said:

Cant use the if they're not opened. I was going to keep my Samus one in the box until I found that out lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lamprey263

Gosh darn Amiibos! Finally fired up Hyrule Warriors as new DLC released and thought a good time to try out the Amiibo feature to see what gift it gave me... 1 rupee!, 1 effing rupee!!!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bigboi500

@AutoPilotOn said:

I just preordered shulk today. I need to do same for other exclusives.

What other exclusives?

EDIT: never mind, I looked it up.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KBFloYd

@lamprey263: no way....they did the patch but havnt announced the reward.....you have to wait for an announcement i think.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

I'm don't understand the appeal of these at all.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lamprey263

@KBFloYd said:

@lamprey263: no way....they did the patch but havnt announced the reward.....you have to wait for an announcement i think.

You calling me a liar?! =P

Seriously though, there is no single reward. You just scan your Amiibo everyday for a new reward, for Hyrule Warriors at least. I haven't fired up Hyrule Warrior yet since getting my Amiibos until last night in order to try new Hyrule Warriors DLC, Link's reward was automatically the new Amiibo exclusive weapon, I scanned Samus and it only got me 1 rupee, will try again today as you get rewards daily, I'm guessing they're completely randomized. You can get weapons or materials. I was hoping Nintendo would program it to give me some rare materials.

Anyhow, I'm in the USA and we are already getting Amiibo support for Hyrule Warriors. Didn't take long to level up my Amiibo to level 50 in SSB I just set my Amiibos up to fight against the the games NPCs, set the match time to 30 minutes and let them do all the work, and they leveled up in no time, look like a morning. I haven't tried it with anything else like Mario Kart 8, but I think that's just Mii costume stuff for the game. But yes, Amiibos are here, as are the in game features. Maybe not for Europe but here in North America (or US at least), we have Amiibo support already.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lamprey263

@KBFloYd said:

@lamprey263: what weapon does link get?

Loading Video...

Haven't tried it yet myself, I've a 7 slot 420 damage rod with a level 99 link and equally powerful gauntlets that pretty much the most effective weapons in my arsenal.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KBFloYd

@lamprey263 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@lamprey263: what weapon does link get?

Loading Video...

Haven't tried it yet myself, I've a 7 slot 420 damage rod with a level 99 link and equally powerful gauntlets that pretty much the most effective weapons in my arsenal.

looks OP just like epona.... your fire red may be beast but you moving slow without your horse or the spinner.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yokofox33

Was able to get an order in at Bestbuy for Marth. Hopefully it actually ships because he's been fluctuating in and out of stock for some days now.

Also pre-ordered Zelda, Captain Falcon, and Shulk. Will put an order in for Lucario as well. Plan on picking up Meta Knight, Toon Link, Megaman, and Sheik when they are put on the Bestbuy website, too.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd

according to walmart the next wave will come DEC 14.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AutoPilotOn

I like best buy considers them games so I get 20% off with gcu. I plan on buying them all.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I got Samus and Pikachu when I picked up Smash. I was going to use my credit on ShopTo to get some more, but when I checked they where completely sold out.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thedude-

@nini200 said:

@thedude- said:

Cant use the if they're not opened. I was going to keep my Samus one in the box until I found that out lol

Yea I understand. There has not been an in game reward that really necessitates me opening them up.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I'm getting 10 of them from the Loot Crate subscription which also sold out. The others not included in Loot Crate from series 1 I just preordered from Amazon and Best Buy. I got Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Link and Marth right away and I got my first Loot Crate today. Can't wait to open it when I get home :)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bigboi500

Looks like pre-orders for the second & third waves are gone in most places. Hope you guys got in in time.

Does anyone know when Rosalina and Meta Knight will be available for pre-order?

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I'm not getting any until Zelda U gives me a reason to get link.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Havnt gotten any, yet.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CrillanK

I got my first Amiibo Loot Crate which came with Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu and Kirby. They all look great! Looking forward to the next two crates.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KBFloYd

@CrillanK said:

I got my first Amiibo Loot Crate which came with Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu and Kirby. They all look great! Looking forward to the next two crates.

how much do you pay for each of those loot crates?

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CrillanK

This was a special subscription for $155 for 3 loot crates over 3 weeks including shipping and tax. It will be 10 Amiibo total plus some typical Loot Crate stuff. If you want to do the math, it's $12.99 +tax per Amiibo at retail which is $129.90. If you have 7% sales tax, that's $138.99. So you're basically paying roughly $16 for shipping plus the extra Loot Crate goodies. I like the Loot Crate stuff so I thought it was a pretty good deal to guarantee I get those 10 Amiibo :)

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AutoPilotOn

I thought the loot crate was over priced. I get 20% off at best buy so it makes them 11 bucks each after tax. I do get regular loot crates though

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jaysonguy

The Loot Crate deal was shady.

There should be all the Amiibos from launch until next week, the entire first wave.

Instead they picked and choosed so you were still going to the store grabbing the ones that weren't included.

Nintendo still wanted people in stores getting their Amiibos. Getting a store presence was worth more to them and for some reason Loot Crate supported them.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By yokofox33

FYI, the 3rd wave of amiibos is up for preorder on bestbuy. You actually have to type in the name of the amiibo though in the search bar.

I pre-ordered for store pickup: Meta Knight, Sheik, Toon Link, Mega Man, and Ike. I also have Zelda and Captain Falcon pre-ordered for shipping, Marth and Villager in the mail as we speak, and Shulk and Lucario pre-ordered for the exclusivity. I definitely wanted to get the exclusives and more niche figures before they sell out. Only figure I have in my possession is Link.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Got eight already. Samus, Fox, Marth, DK, Wii Fit Trainer, Link, Mario, and one other that I'm forgetting. Ordered Meta Knight from BB about 20 minutes ago. Haven't had any problem finding them online.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

Got 'em all except for that damned Marth. Pre-ordered all the rest except for Rosalina.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AutoPilotOn

The rumor is wii fit trainer marth and villager are now discontinued. Glad I bought those first. Any rumors on the next hard to find amiibos?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

@AutoPilotOn said:

The rumor is wii fit trainer marth and villager are now discontinued. Glad I bought those first. Any rumors on the next hard to find amiibos?

I heard that too, I'm not sure what I think about that.