The one thing you DON'T like about the Wii

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
It's not so much a criticism for the Wii itself, but the truth of how little respect the Wii has among developers.Nintendoes
bluearmykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 bluearmykid
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
There's no hard drive and those friend codes are crap.
Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Wii remote needs long lasting chargable batteries

Graphics are worse than the other systems

Barely any RPG's

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
for me its not having a hard drive on board so developers don't do downloadable content for games which depresses me a lot.
Babinro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Babinro
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
The main one is the censor when detecting motions towards and away from the screen. Perhaps its something that has never been coded well by the software developers yet, but I feel that if it hasn't really improved by now the fault likely lies with the Wii itself.

Other gripes with the system include:

Only having two USB ports:

This is arguably my main complaint. I, like many people have purchased battery charges for the controllers I own. I also have the wii setup for a wired internet connection. With only 2 ports, I cannot charge multiple controllers while using the internet. Considering there are households with chargers and four controllers, this is a significant oversight in my opinion. This system should have had a minimum of four ports.

Cost of certain games:

The Wii has become incredibly popular, as a result, it has many party games whose price tags far exceed the realm of reason. While this can hardly be a blame against Nintendo, its a very real detriment to the system.

Lack of RPG's:

This has been an issue with Nintendo spanning several systems. Tales of Symphonia for GC was an amazing game and I think there's a sequel in the works now. But fact is, the Wii severely lacks in these titles (I don't think it has one yet but I could be wrong). Granted you can use the VC to make up for this, I exclude that because those aren't Wii titles.

tonyex55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 tonyex55
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

One thing that i dont like about the Wii is the fact that SMBB is delayed....that game is what going to make me start thinking differently about the Wii. Right now the Wii blows from its awful titles, but then again Nintendo has never been good about making more then 5 great games for their systems.....Wii will be dead this time next year

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#107 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I love my Wii. I'm ok with limited memory space. (SD cards are getting bigger every day), the less than stellar graphics, Lair proved that all the pretty HD graphics don't make up for lousy controls. And the online networks is slowly improving and the fact that the DS has a headset now leads me to think that we'll be seeing a Wii headset in the not-so distant future.

My complaint is the crummy third party games. For every "Zack and Wiki" we get at least 20 "Carnival Games" and it cracks me up that 3rd party developers complain that their games don't sell well on the Wii but you know when you take an old PS2 game, slap some waggle controls on it and throw it out there, you shouldn't be surprised that no one wants it. If 3rd party developers actually put effort into their Wii titles and tried to use the hardware to its potential, then it might actually sell.

There are a few third party titles that are decent on the Wii at least: "Rayman Raving Rabbids," "Sonic and the SecretRings," "Zack and Wiki" and I'm looking forward to Nights, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and the port of Okami which I didn't get to play on the PS2.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Only 2 things i dont like about the wii

The poor graphics

Too few good games that has been rated M for mature if you get my meaning

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Friend codes. Just suck it up and copy LIVE or PSN. It's not Nintendo's job to keep people safe, so why have a friend's code? I like the fact that I can play with anyone around the globe with the other two consoles. Also, Nintendo's wifi could use some upgrading. I never had to change channels on my router on the other two consoles like I did with my Wii. I'm also getting tired or rehashed games---that's pretty much what Nintendo has going for it now (Mario this, Metroid that, Zelda this...). Don't get me wrong, I love those games, but can we have something different and also from a third party?
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#110 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

The fact that to play GC games you have to use a GC controller and a GC memory card. They couldn't use the Wii's internal memory and make a GC controller that plugs into the wiimote like the classic controller does? Means I will never play any old GC games even though I didn't get to play them last gen.
actionquake

i'm getting a GC joystick and a memory card next week, it sucks i mean and why the heck did they make the c l a s s i c controller unable to play GC games i mean if u can play the games that the c l a s s i c controler can with a GC controller why would u buy one?

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#111 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Lack of really good games, and good non-nintendo games......after mario Galaxy, just next year with Brawl..... :(
nate623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 nate623
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
None HD graphics and only 2 or 3 good titles
madribub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 madribub
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
Friend Codes, Friend Codes, Friend Codes!!!
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#114 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Lame a** comments about why the system doesn't fit their exact and every need rather than accepting the wii for what it is and let the developers and sales make the changes in the market.
quiensave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 quiensave
Member since 2005 • 253 Posts
Graphics, and friend codes
Spongemario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#116 Spongemario
Member since 2005 • 1164 Posts

Lame a** comments about why the system doesn't fit their exact and every need rather than accepting the wii for what it is and let the developers and sales make the changes in the market.raahsnavj

^^^

BOZ_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 BOZ_10
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

[QUOTE="actionquake"]The fact that to play GC games you have to use a GC controller and a GC memory card. They couldn't use the Wii's internal memory and make a GC controller that plugs into the wiimote like the classic controller does? Means I will never play any old GC games even though I didn't get to play them last gen.
Lisandro_v22

i'm getting a GC joystick and a memory card next week, it sucks i mean and why the heck did they make the c l a s s i c controller unable to play GC games i mean if u can play the games that the c l a s s i c controler can with a GC controller why would u buy one?

I bought a c l a s s i c controller cos i don't own a gamecube & never will so i don't have a Gamecube controller. And Also I don't want to worry about a cord going from my wii to my seat. (It's just a bit of freedom to be able to sit anywhere in the room and not have to be within the required cord distance.)

covertsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 covertsnake
Member since 2003 • 63 Posts
i hate the lack of a headset and friend codes for online
duckshoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 duckshoe
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
The online. That's what I thought the wii was going to bring to the table for sheep, but no. Nintendo has to go all kiddie on us.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
friend codes friend codes friend codes, they make me cry, i hate em
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#122 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

Many games are too casual (Wii Sports, Wiiplay, Rayman Raving Rabbids and every other Wii game that isn't Super Mario, Metroid or Zelda) and or not made to their full potential (Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars II, Super Paper Mario).

And the absolutely terrible, no excuse multi-player online experience. The Wii has a great system for downloading upgrades, lets upgrade our communication between players!

leon41235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#123 leon41235
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts

The price of the wii remote and wii nunchuk

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

First, "I LOVE MA WII" It's a great system, and there's always cool and fun games from Nintendo.

One thing i don't like, the "secret bug" from Nintendo, The graphic cards get's a lil hot and green and black dots start appearing onscreen. Just appened to me, at least Nintendo is going to replace it for me, for Free! Thanks Nintendo :)

So that's it, the only thing i hated about my Wii.

Avatar image for Sandman80_basic
Sandman80_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Sandman80_basic
Member since 2002 • 240 Posts

I really enjoy the Wii, but I would've changed 2 things for sure:

1) I would've loved an internal hard drive... 10-20GB would've sufficed...
2) I would've rather had usernames over friend's codes

kingmickey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#126 kingmickey2
Member since 2006 • 759 Posts

Is that someday, Nintendo will make another console overpowering the Wii

But dont forget the Super Nintendo Wii!

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

First, "I LOVE MA WII" It's a great system, and there's always cool and fun games from Nintendo.

One thing i don't like, the "secret bug" from Nintendo, The graphic cards get's a lil hot and green and black dots start appearing onscreen. Just appened to me, at least Nintendo is going to replace it for me, for Free! Thanks Nintendo :)

magicquebec

I didn't know about any of that.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
[QUOTE="magicquebec"]

PlasmaBeam44

I didn't know about any of that.

Yeah, it happens sometimes. No one really knows the cause of it.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Only having two USB ports:

This is arguably my main complaint. I, like many people have purchased battery charges for the controllers I own. I also have the wii setup for a wired internet connection. With only 2 ports, I cannot charge multiple controllers while using the internet. Considering there are households with chargers and four controllers, this is a significant oversight in my opinion. This system should have had a minimum of four ports.

Babinro

This can actually be solved easily by using a powered USB hub (yes, these work just fine with the Wii).

Alternatively, you could plug your chargers into your computer (or anything else with powered USB ports) and draw power from there.

killerkane246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 killerkane246
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

1: No mics

2: No online Demos

3: Graphics

4: Controls (On some games)

Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
I have a couple. Bear with me here:
1) The fact that almost every wii game lacks the depth that it needs. Don't get me wrong, I've played the "best of the best" (every game that people went ZOMG for like metroid, zelda, super paper mario, etc...) Having to think about how to move the controller takes away from being able to focus on what is happening on screen. Just the movements are different, and in an FPS like red steel or metroid, the pointer just sucks. I don't like having to constantly point at the screen, I mean, now I can't even just kick back and mash some buttons like I did way back when. Now, I have to sit up and actually do stuff toplay the game. Not always a bad thing. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that sometimes I'm not in the mood.
2) The fact that I had to re-arrange my room for the wii. I'm not even kidding. Since my bed was too close to the tv (and too low) I had to move my bed to the other side of the room just to be able to play more comfortably. Now that it's all done, I still don't play my wii that much. Why? Because I have way too many other things to play. That, and the only thing that can keep my attention on the wii is red steel in portions of 5 minutes and also Super Mario Brothers 3.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#132 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
i like the wii entirely ... though there is one thing, is i hate how people complain and come here every day making topics like this .... why dont you go on the 360 ps3 or psp ds board and complain,, oh thats right bc these systems are perfect to you... well i know perfect and that was the nes and snes . even at times n64 was perfect .... it was revolutionary just as wii is revolutionary every console save for the gamecube nintendo has made had some sort of boost . if it wasnt graphics it was gameplay.. and the wii is good proof of that. in fact if timesplitters 4 comes to any system id say bring it to wii. 360 and ps3 dont need it its got fps like carters got pills ... and u wanna argue with that then kiss off.... the wii board is for topics that actually talk about the games or the wii itself not to put topics about hatred ... theres a system wars thread for all of this
michael582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 michael582
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts

friend codes...

and that all your VC games take up multiple channel spots. Your VC games should have its own VC channel where you have all your VC games.

brauggi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 brauggi2
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I don't like the fact that my system has literally been collecting dust since I finished Super Paper Mario. I had high hopes for this system and I know that I will pick up Super Mario Galaxy in the near future as I always look forward to first party Nintendo games. I have been buying the majority of my games for the 360 because of the hard drive and the on-line play. I don't know why Nintendo wouldn't include a slightly bigger hard drive and the fact that they don't have an interface like the one on xbox live is just silly. I can't wait to play Super Smash bros brawl but I just hope it is easy to jump in and play against people even if you don't have a bunch of friend codes added in.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ThePlothole

I don't like the fact that my system has literally been collecting dust since I finished Super Paper Mario. I had high hopes for this system and I know that I will pick up Super Mario Galaxy in the near future as I always look forward to first party Nintendo games. I have been buying the majority of my games for the 360 because of the hard drive and the on-line play. I don't know why Nintendo wouldn't include a slightly bigger hard drive and the fact that they don't have an interface like the one on xbox live is just silly. I can't wait to play Super Smash bros brawl but I just hope it is easy to jump in and play against people even if you don't have a bunch of friend codes added in.brauggi2

You should expand your horizons beyond the First Party as well. Zack and Wiki, for example, is a title definitely worth checking out.

brauggi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 brauggi2
I have no problems with expanding my horizons. I will play any game in the hopes that it is entertaining. The problem is when prioritizing buying games for the Wii or for another system the Wii usually loses as it has less to offer. I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 and I intend to as I enjoyed the first 2 games but when trying to fit games in the budget I have found that certain Xbox 360 games have won out over the past few months. I have heard Zak and Wiki was a good platformer but that seems like more of a renter to me as most platformers don't give you that bang for your buck. I am hoping SMG will prove that theory wrong though.
Haligonian_Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Haligonian_Wii
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

Short battery life.
More FPS
More "T" games
More memory space
A DEMO CHANNEL
Super Smash Bros. (N64) for VC

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ThePlothole

I have no problems with expanding my horizons. I will play any game in the hopes that it is entertaining. The problem is when prioritizing buying games for the Wii or for another system the Wii usually loses as it has less to offer. I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 and I intend to as I enjoyed the first 2 games but when trying to fit games in the budget I have found that certain Xbox 360 games have won out over the past few months. I have heard Zak and Wiki was a good platformer but that seems like more of a renter to me as most platformers don't give you that bang for your buck. I am hoping SMG will prove that theory wrong though.brauggi2

Z&W isn't a platformer. It's a point and click adventure/puzzle, somewhat like the classics Kings Quest or Monkey Island.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#139 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
the i dont like is ony if itells u if ur friends are online
madogmgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#140 madogmgd
Member since 2005 • 876 Posts

answers to all your rants. wii mote needing charging-buy the niko wiimote charger for 20 bucks i played lego star wars for 12 hours and the battery only went down 1 block...-answers for gamecube port knocking over wii buy wireless paddles -.- answer for brawl delayed-now you can save up for it-classic controller-20 bucks use a classic controller or save up some money friend codes-so who cares. id like to know who im playing with and some games offer battle random players

parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

i'll name more than one, here goes

wii sports logo ruining my nice wii box, and that wii sports doesn't cme in a "normal" game case

over load on sucky games and not enough rpg's in fact none in my opinion, (because i dont consider fire emblem an rpg)

sucky developers who dont do their jobs right and are only looking for a quick and easy buck, which unfortunitly works for casuals,and nintendo, who is reaping in the cashbecause of this, does nothing to filter all the crap from the line of games they have.

lack of memory, and stupid channels.

thats about all i can think of.

Wii rocks because it is fun to play, i can download rpg's while im waiting for new ones on the wii, and it is so damn sexy i cant resist it. i love to just look at it and to hold the wiimote in my hand. nintendo did a really great job on the design this time around.

+ thewicked blue light doesn't stay on long enough to satisfy me of its beauty.

trainergoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 trainergoku
il just name 2 things the Lag online play and i want more good channels for it
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Not being able to use VC controllers to play GC games and that I'm not able to play mario galaxy now.
chainz94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 chainz94
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
Definitely the graphics...if the graphics were as good as the ps3 or 360,than nobody would buy those 2! Every1 would buy a Wii...it's that simple.
AzzoLovesBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 AzzoLovesBirdy
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

Having to talk about what I don't like about it on GS Wii forums...

...and having to answer questions about which character I like the most on GS Wii forums. They're videogames. Who cares?!

supreuph

If I'm lead to believe a console is worth buying at £300, and its not 100%, I think I care.

AzzoLovesBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AzzoLovesBirdy
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

Only little flickers of the LCD blue light? Hell, I paid to see that. It's like the heart of the console.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ThePlothole

Not being able to use VC controllers to play GC games and that I'm not able to play mario galaxy now.Travo_basic

Why aren't you able to play Galaxy now? (or do you mean as in you can't wait?)

nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts

For me it's got to be where they put all the GameCube ports. It's just awkward plugging in GC controllers up there and the slightest movement of the cord will knock the Wii over.

Maybe in the future Nintendo will do a redesign for the Wii and put the GC ports in other places.

PlasmaBeam44

It didn't change the way games were played. It added increased interactivity, and the games are great. But I don't feel its a revolution yet.

If you look back to all the speculation before anyone played with the wii remote you'll see all the things that Nintendo needs to do to make something truely revolutionary.

Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
the thing i hate about the wii is everyone keeps complaining about it.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

its easily the game library.

i have about 2 genre i ever touch

rpgs and FPS. the wii is lacking in both departments retty badly...and i dont see a FPS or RPG in sight that will fix this.