roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Really? I thought it appeared that 3DS was picking up right where the DS left off as far as quality RPGs is concerned.

By the way, what a disappointment that Super Bowl was... I had a feeling Seattle would win but I was expecting a closer game... And not that I care about the commercials that much, but those were also the worst of all time as well. The Yogurt one with the cast of Full House was the best one IMO and that wasn't even that good...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#202 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@roboccs said:

@Jaysonguy: Really? I thought it appeared that 3DS was picking up right where the DS left off as far as quality RPGs is concerned.

By the way, what a disappointment that Super Bowl was... I had a feeling Seattle would win but I was expecting a closer game... And not that I care about the commercials that much, but those were also the worst of all time as well. The Yogurt one with the cast of Full House was the best one IMO and that wasn't even that good...

The 3DS plays it too safe

It doesn't have the DS's ability to release anything in a certain quantity and make profit

The Vita takes a lot more chances with all styles of RPG's

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

And now the dull task of moving all my saves, VC, Wiiware, DLC, back to my Wii, because I don't trust my Wii U's freezing crap not to delete everything or something and then Nintendo lose everything like with my 3DS :( At least I didn't have anything to do tonight :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 roboccs

I'm having a blast playing Zelda ALttP on the WiiU. A great game with Miiverse interaction is just so much fun. It's a great community.

If only the WiiU was doing better and getting a higher volume of quality new games... Then more people could see how great it is. A great game like X or the next real Zelda should be fun to share, my only fear is spoilers... It may make me very cautious to go too Miiverse crazy.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TTUalumni13

@roboccs: Miiverse trolls almost ruined some stuff in Wind Waker for me, so tred cautiously :P I remember staying up late when I was younger and trying to figure everything out in the Dark World.. I wasn't used to being able to choose where I wanted to go next, so I tried going EVERYWHERE haha. I would do part of one dungeon, part of another, go just far enough into one to get the new gear, or until I got stuck because I needed gear for another dungeon. Good times :)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#206  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@ttualumni13 said:

I don't trust my Wii U's freezing crap

At least when you get Donkey Kong, you can shout angry puns every time the game freezes on you.

Gotta find that silver lining!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 TTUalumni13

@JordanElek: Hah! Oh I can just see them now. When my wife asks why she must endure such lameness, I shall blame the internet.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 JordanElek

@ttualumni13: And her response will be "It tropical froze again, didn't it" and you'll say "Danky Kang" and you'll laugh and laugh...

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

My copy of Bravely Default has shipped. I almost forgot it was coming out this week.

I've actually been replaying Fire Emblem the past few days. Omg, this game is still so good the second time through. I remember at launch that a lot of people had done multiple playthroughs and clocked in some crazy hours.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 roboccs

I lost my butt rock....

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 JordanElek

@roboccs: Don't worry, start now and you can make another one in approximately 48 hours.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#212 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I finally got rid of my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've got the Sony Xperia Z, much better, I don't have to be tied to a wall to use my phone anymore.

Also trying to sell my S3 on Kijiji (like Craigslist) -- people keep trying to low ball me and it's annoying.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jaysonguy

@moltenix said:

My copy of Bravely Default has shipped. I almost forgot it was coming out this week.

I have one from Best Buy and a backup from Amazon

I'm guessing I'll have it around next Tuesday?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#214 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@moltenix said:

I still need to finish the demo

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@moltenix said:

I have one from Best Buy and a backup from Amazon

I'm guessing I'll have it around next Tuesday?

didn't realize it was out this week. just put down my order for both this and lightning returns =P

now hopefully i can pull myself away from FF14 long enough to play them...=/

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 JordanElek

@starwarsjunky: THANK YOU for reminding me, I need to download the Lightning Returns demo. After I figure out how to connect the 360 to the internet again. After I hook it back up to my TV. After I unbox it.... I really wanted this console to go away forever. :(

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By starwarsjunky

@JordanElek said:

@starwarsjunky: THANK YOU for reminding me, I need to download the Lightning Returns demo. After I figure out how to connect the 360 to the internet again. After I hook it back up to my TV. After I unbox it.... I really wanted this console to go away forever. :(

yeah, i just saw it by accident on amazon lol. glad i did...

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 roboccs

So I'm intermittently playing through Xenoblade again while mainly playing Arc Rise and ALttP because it's one of the greatest games ever... I'm just about to enter Prison Island which was one of my favorite parts of the game... The music and situations there were freakin epic!

I hope to be done with Arc Rise in the next few weeks too. Gotta decide if I want to beat Last Story, resume my Mass Effect trilogy (I left off in the middle of part 2), or take a stab at Skyward Sword. I haven't played it in a very long time but have been tempted to play it.

Decisions, decisions... It's a good problem to have though...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By JordanElek

@roboccs: If you really have an itch to break a disc in half, finish The Last Story. Some of the battles near the end of that game were the most frustrating things I've ever experienced in a video game. They are poorly designed, terrible experiences.

How far are you in Skyward Sword? That can be frustrating for other reasons, but Skyward Sword is more like waiting at a train crossing while The Last Story is like being forced to jam a square peg into a round hole with a gun pointed at your head.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 TTUalumni13

@JordanElek: You mean in that they are slide shows because the framerate is so abysmal? I actually enjoyed the boss fights, even though it was like clicking through screenshots :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By roboccs

@JordanElek: I wasn't that far into Skyward Sword. I was in the process of finding my way into the second dungeon (I was on some volcano I think). I would probably start over either game. I know Last Story is short so that's tempting to get out of the way.

I keep forgetting I have Tales of Xillia on PS3 as well that I've barely tapped into.

Lately I'm leaning towards the wii games because the off screen play option is available... I've been able to squeeze in a lot more quality playing time with it.

I do have to resume Mass Effect 2 at some point so I can finish it again and then beat ME3. I forget that I beat ME1 last year too and had an AMAZING experience with it.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 JordanElek

@ttualumni13 said:

@JordanElek: You mean in that they are slide shows because the framerate is so abysmal? I actually enjoyed the boss fights, even though it was like clicking through screenshots :P

I don't even remember the framerate being bad. They just took everything fun in the battle system and threw it out the window. No walls? No party members? Come on.

I think the final battle was all right, but the two or three leading up to it were not an ounce of fun.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 haziqonfire

I'm still playing 3D World. I ended up grabbing The Wonderful 101 too since it was $34.99 finally here in Canada. My Wii U backlog grows even bigger now. Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, The Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Toki Tori 2. Feburary 21st I'll be getting Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze too.

I'm holding off playing 3DS games for now since I'm going to send mine to Nintendo on the weekend for repairs. I'm really hoping this weekend isn't going to be too busy so I can actually get through Super Mario 3D World. I said this last week but I had too many things to do, plus when I get home from work I usually just lay down and end up knocking out by like 9PM. It sucks.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 moltenix

My copy of BD looks like it'll be in the mail when I get home today. However, i'm still crazily hooked on FE:A right now; just bought some DLC last night! Pokemon Bank is also out so i'd like to use that while there's the free trial available.

All things considered, i'm kind of glad the flow of WiiU/3DS releases is slower for the next couple months. After DK, i'm pretty much good until Mario Kart in May. Same time last year, we had Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter and Luigis Mansion all within the span of one month.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Hi.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 JordanElek

@bob_newman: I was checking my 3DS friends list yesterday and saw you had actually played recently, then I realized there was no way to communicate with you on that system any more....

Then BLAM, here you are. How are things?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 haziqonfire

@bob_newman: Hi

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By moltenix

I noticed my copy of Bravely Default had a sticker on the wrapper (not the actual boxart) that said "Also plays on 2DS". Good ol' Nintendo is at it again with their confusing device names. :P

I don't know if retailers still sell regular DS' but if so, stop selling/making those! Likewise, that awful Wii Mini needs to go as well. Why do they come up with these horribly inferior models at the end of the generation? Same thing with PS3, all I see advertised nowadays is those 12GB versions. I would hate to be a super-late adopter of these new models.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 TTUalumni13

@moltenix: The kinds of people who pick up the older consoles this late in the game aren't the kinds that care about having big storage capacity, online on wii, downloadable titles, etc.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Jaysonguy

Gamespot is breaking and changing

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 roboccs

@Jaysonguy: I know! I am on it on my phone and it threw me off!!

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 moltenix

Ew, what is with this awful looking font :O

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By JordanElek

Bravely Default is even better than I thought it'd be. I played about four hours today, which is unheard of for me. It's the best looking 3DS game I've played, the music is great, the gameplay is even deeper than the demo let on, the story is well paced so far. I can't think of a single complaint.

@Jaysonguy said:

Not breaking.... they're intentional changes.

Threads I've read aren't as grayed out as they used to be, so that sucks.

The only thing I really want them to do is make it easier to track discussions I care about. Give me a way to easily see which threads I've replied to and if there are any new posts, and I'll be happy. The Watched Topics section is broken, so it needs to be something better than that.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
@JordanElek said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Not breaking.... they're intentional changes.

Well, the changes are terrible. I hate this new Gamespot. It's poopy.

I just played like 10 minutes of MK7 on my 3DS, after not touching the thing for like a year. I need monies so I can buy a new game, but I is poor. :(

Anyway, things are good. I've been super busy with school and have had zero time for games. Well, I guess 10 minutes for games... But still. What's new with all y'all?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#235  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

ok so it's not my laptop gone haywire. It was throwing me off last night and I'm like, I try again tomorrow

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 roboccs

@JordanElek: I'm jealous, that game looks awesome!

Actually the GS redesign works a bit better with cell phones now. It's not so hard to touch the little arrow used to go to the "approximate" last unread post.

I used to like how I could click the number in the ( ) and it would take me to my last unread post.

@bob_newman: Hello...Newman...

Glad to see you drop by.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#237 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

I got Bravely Default. It's good. Really good actually. I'm liking how it reminds me of Final Fantasy III and IV DS.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By JordanElek

@Cloud_765: Can we be 3DS friends? None of the other losers on my list have the game and only one is getting it in the near future. Friend-bot just won't cut it... he makes me feel lonely and sad.. like the game is giving me someone's old, worn teddy bear with one eye because I have no friends.

My code is 1332-7702-0947 if you're interested.

Same goes for @moltenix and @starwarsjunky.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#239 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My copy of Bravely Default from Amazon hasn't shipped yet. I'm quite perturbed. I have jury duty tomorrow so I was hoping to play it while I waste away for hours sitting in a giant room.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Jaysonguy

@yokofox33 said:

My copy of Bravely Default from Amazon hasn't shipped yet. I'm quite perturbed. I have jury duty tomorrow so I was hoping to play it while I waste away for hours sitting in a giant room.

It's going to come in an envelope like mine did

Thankfully I had a backup at Best Buy

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 yokofox33

@Jaysonguy said:

@yokofox33 said:

It's going to come in an envelope like mine did

Thankfully I had a backup at Best Buy

Then I'll complain to Amazon that my box is crushed and they'll offer to give me a full refund if I return it, but since it's out of stock they'll offer me a discount. Part of me hopes it's damaged so I can get some money back... I'm broke...

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By TTUalumni13

So I spoke about restoring out bikes on here not that long ago. My bike turned out to be too big of an expense because a lot of the parts weren't really standard and would have cost quite a bit to replace. Mrs. WreckEm711's bike on the other hand was a lot more cost effective, so we went all out on hers and just got me a nice commuter bike that was normally $500 but on sale for $179 to make room for the new model coming out.

Since I cant figure out how to post images on this new side from my iPad, here is a link to the before and after, give me compliments on my craftsmanship or I will send you snarky private messages!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u574/HDH82541/image_zpsc65e4a1c.jpg

Also, yes I realize I flipped the fork and fender around, I had the bike upside down and lost orientation of it, it is flipped around correctly now :P

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 starwarsjunky

@Jaysonguy: mine was in a regular box =P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Jaysonguy

@starwarsjunky said:

Remind me to hit you at PAX lol

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 roboccs

@ttualumni13: Your link didn't work... I'm guessing you forgot to take the bell and basket off your bike though :P

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 starwarsjunky

@Jaysonguy said:

@starwarsjunky said:

Remind me to hit you at PAX lol

xD

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 TTUalumni13

@roboccs: Lol well fml, I give up, this website is such crap now and I'm too tired to try to figure it out.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By JordanElek
@ttualumni13 said:

@roboccs: Lol well fml, I give up, this website is such crap now and I'm too tired to try to figure it out.

It worked for me, but I had to right click.

There you go.

You did a great job, it looks like a totally different bike. Especially getting rid of that.. seat. I don't think I can say what I want to say to describe it here. :p

Yours will have a matching paint job, right?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 yokofox33

My copy of Bravely Default is finally preparing for shipment from Amazon. I should get it tomorrow, which just so happens to be my off day!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By roboccs

@ttualumni13: Looks good! I agree with Jordan on the seat you replaced... That would've felt.... Interesting....