The Next-Gen Wii? Could it be simply an attachment to the current console?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

The wii2 is a bit of a problem. Nintendo has really opened up the market to new people who most likely will not like the idea of having to buy another $250 impossible to find console that's just like the wii but more pretty and more motion-y (made up word).

Nintendo needs to be smart about this and they need to look at why new ipods have sold so well despite everyone and their brother already having one. Nintendo needs a wii replacement that's still a wii.

- It needs full backwards compatibility for GC and Wii games.

- It needs full backwards control capability for original wiimotes/attachments and GC controller (nintendo needs to create a new GC controller that plugs into the bottom of the wiimote though, they can't keep making gc controllers forever).

- The new wiimote needs to be able to play old wii games in the new wii.

- It needs to be able to connect with older wiis. People need to communicate with peeps who don't have wii2 yet. New wii owners need to be able to move their downloaded stuff from wii to wii2.

- HD, duh. And better online, but still just as simple as mario kart online.

- It needs to be thin and easy to hide. It's industrial design will once again be important.

- It needs to be cheap, quite, and energy efficient.

Nintendo has a lot of problems ahead of them.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="bmaick"]

Wii2 need to have:
More power than a PS3
To not have the neccesity of attach anything to the Wiimote, even the Nunchuck, this can be connected also using bluetooth technology.
more 3rd party games that sure can be hit on Wii and are not included on Nintendo (GTA, Halo, etc)
Better games made by Nintendo. (a TLOZ that can be better than the ocarina or majorask, and more entertaining Mario games).

Some people can think I am asking for too much for Nintendo, but they can do that and MORE.

Paper_Jellly

First of all there is already 3rd Party Nunchucks which ARE wireless.

Halo and GTA on the Wii? From my experience Nintendo are more or less the "family company". They make games that usually mean everyone in the family can use them. Halo and GTA on the Wii just wouldn't feel right.

Last I checked Halo wasn't really that family unfriendly.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

well, i bet it will be about as powerful as the PS3, that cell processor thing is being researched to be cheaper and smaller, i read in engadget or something, and it should make the PS3 cheaper. nintedno hasnt released a system for more than 250$, and i assume they will try their best to keep that record. i sense HDD to be bundled seperately, and have no memory when you buy it. i predict that the wiimote will have M+ built in, and it will be shrunken down a little bit, as technology on the matter has had to advance. the wii channels will be able to be updated via a current wii update that will make use of your wii number to gather all of the previous information on it ( VC games, Internet channel, ect. ) and transfer the data. the nunchuk will be upgraded and have more accurate motion controls. the wifi network will still use friend codes, but instead of being per game, its per console, so only one friend code will be needed. a gamertag-esque thing will keep track of all of your online stats, and keep tracks of online games your friends have, and are currently playing.

this is all what i think, and i hope im right

EDIT: oh, and hopefully force-feedback, that would make my life

garrett_duffman

oh man garrett thats a good idea! and so logical! you should work for THEM or something, i should praise you

Avatar image for methodkiller335
methodkiller335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 methodkiller335
Member since 2008 • 633 Posts

Making another wii? Hopefully not. Nintendo really never makes an exact sequel to their console like sony and microsoft does. I really did wish the revolutiON was real. But they sure did screw up with wiimotionplus, guess what now all of us wii owners are now gonna have to get 4 30.00$ wiimote attachments so everybody can play and thats not even it, has any third party companies actually made a game using the new technology? If they did that is a stupid path to go. I say let wiimotionplus die! And give me more games where i can sit on my lazy ass using the nintendo game cube controller.

Avatar image for methodkiller335
methodkiller335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 methodkiller335
Member since 2008 • 633 Posts

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

well, i bet it will be about as powerful as the PS3, that cell processor thing is being researched to be cheaper and smaller, i read in engadget or something, and it should make the PS3 cheaper. nintedno hasnt released a system for more than 250$, and i assume they will try their best to keep that record. i sense HDD to be bundled seperately, and have no memory when you buy it. i predict that the wiimote will have M+ built in, and it will be shrunken down a little bit, as technology on the matter has had to advance. the wii channels will be able to be updated via a current wii update that will make use of your wii number to gather all of the previous information on it ( VC games, Internet channel, ect. ) and transfer the data. the nunchuk will be upgraded and have more accurate motion controls. the wifi network will still use friend codes, but instead of being per game, its per console, so only one friend code will be needed. a gamertag-esque thing will keep track of all of your online stats, and keep tracks of online games your friends have, and are currently playing.

this is all what i think, and i hope im right

EDIT: oh, and hopefully force-feedback, that would make my life

garrett_duffman

oh man garrett thats a good idea! and so logical! you should work for THEM or something, i should praise you

Did you just praise yourself?