The Next-Gen Wii? Could it be simply an attachment to the current console?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

The lifespan of the Wii could be estimated at 5 years (a typical lifecycle in the last few generations). So, taking into account the drastic change Nintendo has undergone, it should be considered how they plan to surpass it.

We will refer to this as Wii2.

Miyamoto confirmed in an interview (don't ask for a link because I don't have one) that the next-gen Nintendo platform will be HD ready. So we know the "graphics" upgrade is coming.

Well.

There are a few issues I would like to address.

1.) What upgrades could the nunchuk, wiimote combo undergo? Face it, motion sensing will be continued on Nintendo platforms from now on.

2.) The Wii shop store, virtual console, Wiiconnect24. Will all these online features be ported to the next console and just updated and streamlined? What will happen to all the data we've downloaded onto our Wii's?

3.) An HD ready attachment so that the Wii could still be used, but the graphics upgrade could still occur thereby satisfying the natural evolution in consoles? What about the software, internet? Will those undergo a full blown makeover or just an update?

My Answers & Predictions

1.) With Wiimotion plus coming out, I have no idea how Nintendo plans on updating the control scheme. Wireless nunchuk? 3rd parties are already there.

2.) Some sort of account will be implemented allowing you to re-download all your goodies off the Wii or Wii2 shop channel.

3.) An HD ready attachment might be a good idea. However, Nintendo is a business, Wii2 could sell just as many consoles as the original Wii. An attachment is probably not economically viable.

Thoughts?

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I think they'll make a new console with new archetecture that will be around 2 times the power of the 360 and will keep the same control scheme of Wiimote and Nunchuck, but will add the latest motion sensors into them so they will be as precise as possible.
As for online I think Nintendo will get rid of friend codes and make it much more streamlined. Also, Wii 2 will have holographic data storage and won't be much bigger than the current Wii.

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

I think they'll make a new console with new archetecture that will be around 2 times the power of the 360 and will keep the same control scheme of Wiimote and Nunchuck, but will add the latest motion sensors into them so they will be as precise as possible.
As for online I think Nintendo will get rid of friend codes and make it much more streamlined. Also, Wii 2 will have holographic data storage and won't be much bigger than the current Wii.

manicfoot

Holographic data with twice the power of the 360. Sounds a bit weird :L

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

I think they'll make a new console with new archetecture that will be around 2 times the power of the 360manicfoot

I'd bet every dollar I own against that.

rockwii13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 rockwii13
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts

Nintendo has already announced a new console, so I don't think so.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
[QUOTE="manicfoot"]

I think they'll make a new console with new archetecture that will be around 2 times the power of the 360AlexSays

Feel free to do that sir. Its just a theory anyway. Its Nintendo - who knows what kind of awesome they will bring next gen :P
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
[QUOTE="manicfoot"]

I think they'll make a new console with new archetecture that will be around 2 times the power of the 360AlexSays

I hope you don't think that's being to optimistic. I think the DS 2 will give a relative idea of what to expect.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlexSays

I hope you don't think that's being to optimistic. I think the DS 2 will give a relative idea of what to expect.

Devil-Itachi

Nintendo won't put everything into graphics, and release an expensive console that'll damage their casual fanbase.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that.

Who do you think Nintendo has focused a lot on new gamers this gen? So they can lose them next gen?

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts
What in the world? Nintendo is already talking about the next gen console? These guys should concentrate on how to make Wii's internet experience better. And how bout a new gaming franchise to build around Nintendo? Last game they made like that was Smash bros and that was about 10 years ago. Always concentrate on today and not tommorow is my qoute of the day.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Devil-Itachi
[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]

AlexSays

Nintendo won't put everything into graphics, and release an expensive console that'll damage their casual fanbase.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that.

Who do you think Nintendo has focused a lot on new gamers this gen? So they can lose them next gen?

Xbox 360 x2 won't be expensive next generation. Xbox 360 is already down to $300. I believe Nintendo will put research into a new chipsets next generation. It won't be like this generation where they just took the Gamecube hardware and tweaked it.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlexSays

Xbox 360 x2 won't be expensive next generation. Xbox 360 is already down to $300. I believe Nintendo will put research into a new chipsets next generation. It won't be like this generation where they just took the Gamecube hardware and tweaked it.

Devil-Itachi

The 360's price is down, but isn't Microsoft losing money faster than a monkey playing poker?

And doesn't Nintendo like making money? lol

If they can offer a technically advanced console, at a price that'll ensure them profit, they probably will. I'm just not going to raise my expectations, only to be disappointed when the Wii 2 doesn't run Crysis.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Devil-Itachi

The 360's price is down, but isn't Microsoft losing money faster than a monkey playing poker?

If they can offer a technically advanced console, at a price that'll ensure them profit, they probably will. I'm just not going to raise my expectations, only to be disappointed when the Wii 2 doesn't run Crysis.

AlexSays

I wouldn't say i'm raising my expectations, as my actual stance is, I dunno. Technology evolves fast though and I believe Microsoft been making a profit on the 360 for awhile now. Not sure about after the price drop.

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pesantez
Doesnt it all boil down to the games of each console and how they present them instead of what features each console has?
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
In quick response: Only sega was dumb enough to 'enhance' a home console with an attachment. Nintendo will just make another one. as for the DLC games and what not, if they don't transfer I won't bother buying any from Nintendo ever again. As for the online features, they need a complete overhaul, the Wii online compatibilities are like an infant trying to play professional sports at this point. And they could totally lose the motion controls (but not the IR pointer) and be fine.
Impurekind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Impurekind
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Well the Wiimote 2 could go something like this

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6071/revsheet3xu4.jpg

Do you need to be a full member to post images and links?

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AlexSays

Well the Wiimote 2 could go something like this http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6071/revsheet3xu4.jpg

Do you need to be a full member to post images?

Impurekind

No, you just have to know how.

And wasn't that fan art created when people thought Microsoft would come out with a Wiimote-like controller?

That has nothing to do with Nintendo...

Impurekind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Impurekind
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
[QUOTE="Impurekind"]

Well the Wiimote 2 could go something like this http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6071/revsheet3xu4.jpg

Do you need to be a full member to post images?

AlexSays

No, you just have to know how.

And wasn't that fan art created when people thought Microsoft would come out with a Wiimote-like controller?

That has nothing to do with Nintendo...

Someone asked about a next gen Wii.

1.) What upgrades could the nunchuk, wiimote combo undergo? Face it, motion sensing will be continued on Nintendo platforms from now on.

I posted an image of what the Wiimote 2 might be like. It's a controller idea for next gen consoles, including the Wii 2, and it's based on the current Wiimote.

How does that have nothing to do with Nintendo when we are guessing what the Wii 2 might have?

I'm not quite getting your point.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

well, i bet it will be about as powerful as the PS3, that cell processor thing is being researched to be cheaper and smaller, i read in engadget or something, and it should make the PS3 cheaper. nintedno hasnt released a system for more than 250$, and i assume they will try their best to keep that record. i sense HDD to be bundled seperately, and have no memory when you buy it. i predict that the wiimote will have M+ built in, and it will be shrunken down a little bit, as technology on the matter has had to advance. the wii channels will be able to be updated via a current wii update that will make use of your wii number to gather all of the previous information on it ( VC games, Internet channel, ect. ) and transfer the data. the nunchuk will be upgraded and have more accurate motion controls. the wifi network will still use friend codes, but instead of being per game, its per console, so only one friend code will be needed. a gamertag-esque thing will keep track of all of your online stats, and keep tracks of online games your friends have, and are currently playing.

this is all what i think, and i hope im right

EDIT: oh, and hopefully force-feedback, that would make my life

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]

AlexSays

How do you know monkeys can't play poker?
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlexSays
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]

FFCYAN

Experience. ;)

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
;)
[QUOTE="FFCYAN"][QUOTE="AlexSays"]

AlexSays

Experience. ;)

:|.....Now I'm curious.
stevenlance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stevenlance
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
I think that with the wii2 nintendo will try to please current casual gamers and try to expand their customer base to hardcore gamers. In order to do that nintendo will need to offer better graphics and a larger hard drive. The hard drive doesn't even need to be that big. They could make a 10 gig hd and please most people out there. The graphics will need to be improved on but not exceed what the 360 and ps3 bring to the table. The controls will be similar but offer better control to the nunchuck and make the wii-mote more precise. They would need to make the vc games transferable. They might even think about adding DVD capability, although it wouldn't be necessary. A more enjoyable internet experience will be needed. Wii2 needs to keep the current wii price point or not go over $299. That price would keep nintendo in good standing with casual gamers. I believe that the most important thing that nintendo could do however, is to continue to focus on creating great games and surprise the audience with innovative technology.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts
What in the world? Nintendo is already talking about the next gen console? These guys should concentrate on how to make Wii's internet experience better. And how bout a new gaming franchise to build around Nintendo? Last game they made like that was Smash bros and that was about 10 years ago. Always concentrate on today and not tommorow is my qoute of the day.Pesantez
i applaud you. I agree with this dude. Nintendo should focus on new franchises and their problems online.(and i can keep on going but you get the point)
Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pesantez

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]What in the world? Nintendo is already talking about the next gen console? These guys should concentrate on how to make Wii's internet experience better. And how bout a new gaming franchise to build around Nintendo? Last game they made like that was Smash bros and that was about 10 years ago. Always concentrate on today and not tommorow is my qoute of the day.santanablu3
i applaud you. I agree with this dude. Nintendo should focus on new franchises and their problems online.(and i can keep on going but you get the point)

Thanks, glad someone agrees. The thing that really bugs me about nintendos online, is that they are not even the first to come out with online features, in fact they are the last out of the 3 consoles! Yet instead of being the best, they are the worst, its like they didnt even look at Sony or Microsoft's online as a example. I believe it was yesterday i was talking to my friend and me and him came up with theses simple ideas on how to make the online better:

1. Better Connection Servers(No lag please)

2. Microphone(i heard they are coming out with something like this with Animal crossing, so im glad)

3. No More Friend Codes(Use Sony and Micro as a example and use gamer tags instead)

Dont get me wrong im so glad that nintendo put Wifi into thier system and i may sound like i take it for granted but i really dont.

bmaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 bmaick
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts

Wii2 need to have:
More power than a PS3
To not have the neccesity of attach anything to the Wiimote, even the Nunchuck, this can be connected also using bluetooth technology.
more 3rd party games that sure can be hit on Wii and are not included on Nintendo (GTA, Halo, etc)
Better games made by Nintendo. (a TLOZ that can be better than the ocarina or majorask, and more entertaining Mario games).

Some people can think I am asking for too much for Nintendo, but they can do that and MORE.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]What in the world? Nintendo is already talking about the next gen console? These guys should concentrate on how to make Wii's internet experience better. And how bout a new gaming franchise to build around Nintendo? Last game they made like that was Smash bros and that was about 10 years ago. Always concentrate on today and not tommorow is my qoute of the day.santanablu3

When would you suggest Nintendo start the r&D on their next system? The month before it is released? When? Should their R&D dept. just shut down? Sorry guys, people on the internets don't think your job is important so we're shutting ya down.. come back in a few years and we'll give you a month to dev a new system to shut em up. Thanks, :)

AlexDemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AlexDemise
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts

I sure hope the next Nintendo console is HD. If it wasn't, it'd be, like, the only form of media out there that WASN'T HD. (Considering the whole feb. 2009 thing)

AlexDemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AlexDemise

[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="Pesantez"]What in the world? Nintendo is already talking about the next gen console? These guys should concentrate on how to make Wii's internet experience better. And how bout a new gaming franchise to build around Nintendo? Last game they made like that was Smash bros and that was about 10 years ago. Always concentrate on today and not tommorow is my qoute of the day.dotWithShoes

When would you suggest Nintendo start the r&D on their next system? The month before it is released? When? Should their R&D dept. just shut down? Sorry guys, people on the internets don't think your job is important so we're shutting ya down.. come back in a few years and we'll give you a month to dev a new system to shut em up. Thanks, :)

Well, maybe the R&D dept could focus on coming up with an idea on how to meet the demand on a 2 year old console before looking into making a successor. (IMO, it's an "artificial" shortage. I have to give them some credit because it's a pretty good business tactic, but it's still lame and annoying.)

AlexDemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AlexDemise

I think that with the wii2 nintendo will try to please current casual gamers and try to expand their customer base to hardcore gamers. In order to do that nintendo will need to offer better graphics and a larger hard drive. The hard drive doesn't even need to be that big. They could make a 10 gig hd and please most people out there. The graphics will need to be improved on but not exceed what the 360 and ps3 bring to the table. The controls will be similar but offer better control to the nunchuck and make the wii-mote more precise. They would need to make the vc games transferable. They might even think about adding DVD capability, although it wouldn't be necessary. A more enjoyable internet experience will be needed. Wii2 needs to keep the current wii price point or not go over $299. That price would keep nintendo in good standing with casual gamers. I believe that the most important thing that nintendo could do however, is to continue to focus on creating great games and surprise the audience with innovative technology.stevenlance

Unless the Wii2 is coming out in less than a year, then I would sure hope it could beat what the current-gen 360 and ps3 offers.

kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kidmoogle
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

Can we let the Wii live a little before we go and try digging the grave for it. The Wii 1

hasn't been out a month yet

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pesantez
The wii is only 2 years old my friend. Still a baby, a consoles timespan should be at least 5 years. Which means Nintendo shouldnt even start thinking about "Wii2" fora couple of more years.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
If Nintendo sticks with motion control then I think I will bail on them for good. Sorry but, I just don't like it - it's not fun or enjoyable for me, and I think it has proven that even games can be a painful experience in life.Don't get me wrong - aiming with the remote and using it as a pointer and occasional tool is alright, but it shouldn't have any business becoming the main control scheme at all.
kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kidmoogle

If Nintendo sticks with motion control then I think I will bail on them for good. Sorry but, I just don't like it - it's not fun or enjoyable for me, and I think it has proven that even games can be a painful experience in life.Don't get me wrong - aiming with the remote and using it as a pointer and occasional tool is alright, but it shouldn't have any business becoming the main control scheme at all.Ovirew

I personally believe you have nothing to worry about then. I don't see why they would make something "new" if its just going to be Wii version 2.0. It may not be ground breaking but it will be something different no matter how popular the Wii is

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

The wii is only 2 years old my friend. Still a baby, a consoles timespan should be at least 5 years. Which means Nintendo shouldnt even start thinking about "Wii2" fora couple of more years.Pesantez

Console development begins once the other is released. So when Wii came out, Wii 2 went into production.

There's a point I missed. I hope Nintendo sticks with the Channel system and current Menu layout. Just, have folders for Virtual Console, Wiiware, etc.

kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kidmoogle

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]The wii is only 2 years old my friend. Still a baby, a consoles timespan should be at least 5 years. Which means Nintendo shouldnt even start thinking about "Wii2" fora couple of more years.sonic_spark

Console development begins once the other is released. So when Wii came out, Wii 2 went into production.

There's a point I missed. I hope Nintendo sticks with the Channel system and current Menu layout. Just, have folders for Virtual Console, Wiiware, etc.

wow.... I mean, simply not true. development begins about 2 years before they are released. Nintendo doesn't have a clue what the next console is going to be. Are they taking notes on what does and doesn't work? Sure. But they have no clue on any specs

whatsoever

Oni-Hoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oni-Hoath
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]The wii is only 2 years old my friend. Still a baby, a consoles timespan should be at least 5 years. Which means Nintendo shouldnt even start thinking about "Wii2" fora couple of more years.kidmoogle

wow.... I mean, simply not true. development begins about 2 years before they are released. Nintendo doesn't have a clue what the next console is going to be. Are they taking notes on what does and doesn't work? Sure. But they have no clue on any specs

whatsoever

Technically speaking, the idea of Wii was beginning to boil before even the Gamecube was released. Sure they didn't have any technical stuff down, but the ideas that lead to the Wii were being made that early before it actuall became what it is now. Development doesn't just consist of putting technology together to make a console. You need to get and a idea start making the blue prints for it and start making prototypes. Fix the kinks to the prototype and add more stuff or change stuff and so. slowly it becomes what we will have some day. It took them like 100 prototypes for just the Wii wheel which is just a piece of plastic.imagine howlong it took them to get the Wiimote down as such.

development needs to start early and for such reasons, companies have their research and development (D&R) branches working out the ideas being given. Just because it seems to work on paper doesn't mean it will when actually made. development has alot of shots and misses therefore they need plenty of time to fix it out when they start the prototype stage.

kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kidmoogle
[QUOTE="kidmoogle"][QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]The wii is only 2 years old my friend. Still a baby, a consoles timespan should be at least 5 years. Which means Nintendo shouldnt even start thinking about "Wii2" fora couple of more years.Oni-Hoath

whatsoever

Technically speaking, the idea of Wii was beginning to boil before even the Gamecube was released. Sure they didn't have any technical stuff down, but the ideas that lead to the Wii were being made that early before it actuall became what it is now. Development doesn't just consist of putting technology together to make a console. You need to get and a idea start making the blue prints for it and start making prototypes. Fix the kinks to the prototype and add more stuff or change stuff and so. slowly it becomes what we will have some day. It took them like 100 prototypes for just the Wii wheel which is just a piece of plastic.imagine howlong it took them to get the Wiimote down as such.

development needs to start early and for such reasons, companies have their research and development (D&R) branches working out the ideas being given. Just because it seems to work on paper doesn't mean it will when actually made. development has alot of shots and misses therefore they need plenty of time to fix it out when they start the prototype stage.

umm.. no duh? Like I said. Are they taking notes and such to see what works and what doesn't? sure but they have

no idea what specs are going to be done of the next gen. we are still a year or two off before they start messing with concepts

and those ideas to start playing with

chincho11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chincho11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
personally im not going to buy wii2, if it is really coming. I think making a mistake like the one donde by nintendo is brutal. I hate the fact that nintendo has to create, produce and sell new stuff to reach the level of xbox and ps3 is denigrant. I hate to be a wii owner in this moment
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

I am looking forward to a new Nintendo console(and handhled) as soon as possible. They need to get rid of the current hardware and work out something new and better with more features to take the place they always had, which is using top of the line technology in their consoles. I've had great experiences with the Wii for the past 2 years yet it's still the worst Nintendo has done, as far as an upgrade from the GN that is.

This is what Nintendo should do for Wii HD,

1. Keep the same concept of the Wiimote but integrate the Wii motion + dongle if it's accurate enough, that way the old wiimotes will be compatible with the new Wii yet the Wiimotion + will be required as this will be now standard.

2. 3x more powerfull than the PS3, I won't accept anything less. Make a deal with Intel by putting the upcoming Larrabee's in the Wii HD, if they do enough publicity of this piece of hardware Intel might lower prices for mass production. Nintendo always favors ATI GPU's so an equivalent of an HD4870 will be good enough. With all this Nintendo can make deals with Crytek and port Crysis for the Wii HD and be "the first console to play Crysis", they can also publish Crytek's games instead of EA.

3. As mentioned before, holographic storage will prove to be efficient enough to hold game data and should be incorporated.

4. Nintendo should incorporate Valve's online service into the new Wii HD, even more now that Valve's president has shown interest in working with Nintendo.

You might be thinking now that with all this the console might turn out to be very expensive, but in fact by the time the Wii HD comes out all this will probably be outdated hardware and should be cheap enough to produce.

Nintendo should also market this "Wii HD" as an "upgrade" over the current Wii rather than a whole new console, which it actually is, and market it showing "hardcore games" to grab the attention of the other half of the gaming market they want(lost). The old Wii should still be produced for over a year after the Wii HD launches.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Wii-remote and nunchuck upgrades = Wii-remote+ and nunchuck+

Wireless nunchuck, not necessary for people who have a normal arm span. But better motion sensing in the nunchuck is a necessity if we're going to utilize it better. They could make the nunchuck a little bigger/thicker/heavier by adding more stuff into it, and hopefully if they made a nunchuck+, the motion sensing in it would be at least as good as the current Wii-remote, so it'd be able to succesfully sense up, down, left, right, and forward motion good.

And the Wii-remote+ would be a Wii-remote with motion plus built in, but it'd also have two additional buttons. Above and below the A button would be an X and a Y button, and they'd be shaped kinda like they are on the GC controller, except they'd be facing up and down instead of up and right (like the Y button's curve is facing up on the GC controller, and the X button's curve is facing right. On the new Wii-remote, they could have a Y button above the A button with the curve facing up like it is on the GC controller, and the X button could be under the A button with the curve facing down).

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kuhu

I am looking forward to a new Nintendo console(and handhled) as soon as possible. They need to get rid of the current hardware and work out something new and better with more features to take the place they always had, which is using top of the line technology in their consoles. I've had great experiences with the Wii for the past 2 years yet it's still the worst Nintendo has done, as far as an upgrade from the GN that is.

This is what Nintendo should do for Wii HD,

1. Keep the same concept of the Wiimote but integrate the Wii motion + dongle if it's accurate enough, that way the old wiimotes will be compatible with the new Wii yet the Wiimotion + will be required as this will be now standard.

2. 3x more powerfull than the PS3, I won't accept anything less. Make a deal with Intel by putting the upcoming Larrabee's in the Wii HD, if they do enough publicity of this piece of hardware Intel might lower prices for mass production. Nintendo always favors ATI GPU's so an equivalent of an HD4870 will be good enough. With all this Nintendo can make deals with Crytek and port Crysis for the Wii HD and be "the first console to play Crysis", they can also publish Crytek's games instead of EA.

3. As mentioned before, holographic storage will prove to be efficient enough to hold game data and should be incorporated.

4. Nintendo should incorporate Valve's online service into the new Wii HD, even more now that Valve's president has shown interest in working with Nintendo.

You might be thinking now that with all this the console might turn out to be very expensive, but in fact by the time the Wii HD comes out all this will probably be outdated hardware and should be cheap enough to produce.

Nintendo should also market this "Wii HD" as an "upgrade" over the current Wii rather than a whole new console, which it actually is, and market it showing "hardcore games" to grab the attention of the other half of the gaming market they want(lost). The old Wii should still be produced for over a year after the Wii HD launches.

nintendog66

They seem to be forgetting the "R" in "R & D"

Research comes first people. THEN development.

machod_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 machod_19
Member since 2007 • 523 Posts
My predictions about the next Wii are. HD gameplay on the Wii, updated Wii connect 24/7, maybe a better interface. Better motion sensing technology, less lag in online play, no freind codes hopefully. Online acheivements, more storage, and just upgrade everything else i forgot to mention.
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

Kuhu

Nintendo should have the "R" part completely done by now, they should be developing.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
if it is then I will definitely buy it. I hope they don't pull a fast one and release a new console to soon though.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"]

[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="Pesantez"]What in the world? Nintendo is already talking about the next gen console? These guys should concentrate on how to make Wii's internet experience better. And how bout a new gaming franchise to build around Nintendo? Last game they made like that was Smash bros and that was about 10 years ago. Always concentrate on today and not tommorow is my qoute of the day.AlexDemise

Well, maybe the R&D dept could focus on coming up with an idea on how to meet the demand on a 2 year old console before looking into making a successor. (IMO, it's an "artificial" shortage. I have to give them some credit because it's a pretty good business tactic, but it's still lame and annoying.)

Ok so people who design and develop hardware shoudl figure out how to make the hardware they designed faster? They should redesign the plants that build the hardware, so that they build the hardware quicker? And In your opinion(your opinion is wrong, thank you very much) its an artificial shortage? producing over 2million consoles a month is creating a shortage? Thats plenty more than Sony and Microsoft make. And even if they are, how is it lame and annoying? Lame in they are keeping people from buying the Wii, The Wii is not that hard to find. And annoying? How? Like I said, its not that hard to find.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
i liked my idea...
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kuhu
[QUOTE="Kuhu"]

nintendog66

Nintendo should have the "R" part completely done by now, they should be developing.

Not necessarily. The Wii's success was kind of an unexpected surprise for Nintendo. They may have mixed opinions about what to do research wise.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#49 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

the wii 2 would have features we had in wii plus more

1 upgraded to hd , built in hdd or seperate like 360 ,

2 be fully backwards capable meaning , vc gc wii 1 and wii ware plus all the channels you had on wii 1 would more then likely work on wii 2 , it wouldnt be called wii 2 for no reason ,it would make since

the wii motion plus is the wii motes update so ya

2 the graphics will probably be on par or more powerful then 360/ps3

hence the 5 yr cycle if you think about it microsoft and sony wanna do a 10 yr life cycle with 360 and ps3, so nintendo will compete with that market with wii 2 , while their next console will most likely be competing agains ms x720 or whatever . and sonys ps4 if that even exists lol,

nintendo would not only be able to launch its console at 199-249 it would also be able to finally have more realistic looking games , i dont think ps4 will get that much betteer even if so itll probably cost double of what ps3 costed ,

and 360 2 would probably cost 2 x more then the 360 ,

so ya, i do not think nintendo should double their graphics above the 360 and ps3 level,

because

1 sony and ms are doing ten years not the typical 5

nintendo does so ya a wii 2 would catch nintendo up on technology , while people are bored with their old ps3s and 360s, lets face it 5 yrs down the road they will , and what better time would it be for nintendo to execute this plan

release a hd console that can do what 360 and ps3 did plus what the original wii already laid the road for ,, plus even more and still launch their console at 199-249 cause remember no nintendo console at launch costed over 250

so that makes since already .

i dont think the tech is there for them t odouble upon 360s and ps3 power, if so why is microsoft and sony waiting ten years,

3 hd tvs will be the standard by then and cost as much as a sd tv did now,

its already happening , i saw a 19 inch for 299 at walmart, at the time hds were made a 19 inch sd tv would cost 299 im talkin about a samsung or sharp or other name brand tv not cheap made ones like durabrand-walmart brand

but the name brand ones,

so ya in theory this will work for nintendo , remember nintendos reason for not opting for high definition

'the market is not ready and didnt have as much support for the expensive tvs at the time wii was being made sd was still more popular but now when wii 2 comes hd will be the standard, while ms and sony fans were rushed into it , nintendo just waits til when it will benefit them as well as the consumers,

just like online play, when gc was out broadband was more then expensive for them to make servers and such but wii and ds time , it was cheaper on them so they finally did it ,

nintendos the genius of gaming , and thats the fact this is why they where able to remain ,

unlike sega who didnt make money on the systems it produced, they relied on the game /accessories sales,

nintendo made a profit off of even the n64 and gc,

that didnt include gba sales

i dont think microsoft had the profit it expected, and now their even deeper , i dont think 360 will benefit at all to microsft since they spent alot on fixing consoles

and ps3 we know all about it,

so ya nintendo alweays makes profit , and saving consumers money at the same time, every wii game cost 49,99 most of em can go for 39 -29 some at 1999 at launch 360s and ps3 have mostly been 59,99 excluding the wii fit guitar and rockband games,

so ya i see nintendo doing what i just said . because

A it wont hurt them , microsofts and sonys next consoles come 4-5 more years later just in time nintendo can have its wii2 successor , and still if they did double on the graphic of 360 it still would not hurt them ,

sony and microsoft would either be forced to come in or b stick with out date hardware, which is their plan

much similar to nintendo this gen, but the diffference is no change will be made

bad plan i think so ,

Paper_Jellly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Paper_Jellly
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Wii2 need to have:
More power than a PS3
To not have the neccesity of attach anything to the Wiimote, even the Nunchuck, this can be connected also using bluetooth technology.
more 3rd party games that sure can be hit on Wii and are not included on Nintendo (GTA, Halo, etc)
Better games made by Nintendo. (a TLOZ that can be better than the ocarina or majorask, and more entertaining Mario games).

Some people can think I am asking for too much for Nintendo, but they can do that and MORE.

bmaick

First of all there is already 3rd Party Nunchucks which ARE wireless.

Halo and GTA on the Wii? From my experience Nintendo are more or less the "family company". They make games that usually mean everyone in the family can use them. Halo and GTA on the Wii just wouldn't feel right.