This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I was thinking about the next Zelda. Seeing as botw was a port should we expect the next one to be more stable and more visually appealing. And if we're luck a return of large dungeons, tbh the divine beast dungeons were small with same objective (press 5 switches and fight the boss)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i loved botw artstyle. 900P is about what you can expect for a good looking game on switch imo... so i dont expect much difference in graphics.

but yea....maybe bring back some traditional dungeons.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

It will look considerably better, even if they mostly use the same engine. Switch is stronger and has a lot more RAM. A game built from the ground up with Switch in mind will look amazing (not that BOTW didn't look great).

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I would like to see the Wind Waker timeline get the BotW treatment. Give us a vast ocean to explore, but pack it with stuff to do. I want to search for shipwrecks and treasure, using upgradeable scuba gear to reach deeper loot and hidden dungeons. Give link a large ship with a whole crew of people each nudging us toward different places and plot points, instead of just the usual single companion. There should be epic battles with pirates and sea monsters, and raids on bokoblin island fortresses. But there should still be vast islands with much of what made BotW great packed on them as well.

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

I’d like to see another top down Zelda first, like Link Between Worlds

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

I agree with the more visually appealing. It was a cell shaded game that managed to look dull. I feel like they should have went full explosion of color with Wind Waker, or an art style like Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess. They could have had the best of both worlds with the art style of OoT/TP and the color of WW. Though they got the worst of both worlds. How tragic.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

I would like to see a more realistic use of the cell shader (cartoony filter). The world looked much more detailed than Link himself in BOTW.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

@judaspete said:

I would like to see the Wind Waker timeline get the BotW treatment. Give us a vast ocean to explore, but pack it with stuff to do. I want to search for shipwrecks and treasure, using upgradeable scuba gear to reach deeper loot and hidden dungeons. Give link a large ship with a whole crew of people each nudging us toward different places and plot points, instead of just the usual single companion. There should be epic battles with pirates and sea monsters, and raids on bokoblin island fortresses. But there should still be vast islands with much of what made BotW great packed on them as well.

That would be pretty bad ass. Though maybe not too large of a ship, leave that to Sea of Thieves, and that Ubisoft pirate game. However, a ship considerably bigger than the one in WW. Perhaps one large enough to carry an old submersible 1-2 man craft for deep sea exploring.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

that monster guy salesman in the game? have the next game set in his region

Avatar image for deactivated-5a726f07c989c
deactivated-5a726f07c989c