The Next Wii ZeldaTitle

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxned
Member since 2007 • 623 Posts

I have to bring up a few points after hearing Matt and Bozon's (IGN) words on the next zelda title. First of all, all they say is that it should be announced by 2009.

Let me just bring up several points about why this game will be INCREDIBLE and better than Twilight Princess.

• The graphics will be as good, if not much better than Super Mario Galaxy's.
  • The beautiful music of Zelda will finally have an orchestra, just like in Galaxy.
  • The developers will be able to really focus on developing it only for one platform; not wii AND gamecube.
  • Not a port, and it will be a true wii zelda title with sweet controls which are perfectly responsive.

THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED, THESE ARE ONLY MY THOUGHTS.

What do you think of the next wii zelda title? And yes, there will be one because there is always at least 2 zelda titles for each nintendo console/handheld.

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
you have no idea how relieved i am that someone has heard somekindof news about a new title. I think you have what would seem to be pretty accurate speculations however mario galaxy literally pushed the wiis graphics capabilities to the max, so saying it would have "much better graphics" i think would be a strech. Match the graphics of course, do better, its pushing it. Also i think music makes the game so improved tracks will be a huge thumbs up from me at least
Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maxned

I am just realizing now that Mario Galaxy does surpass any other wii title graphically. However, in 2009 or further the graphics of the wii should be better, and hopefully, 3rd party developers will see how the wii can be good graphically.

Cruis'n, Spy Elevater Mission, and GT: Pro Series developers, im looking at you!

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Nice ideas, but they are a little too obvious... :P

Karjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Karjah
Member since 2006 • 1415 Posts

I just want more of a sence of achivement in the next Zelda. Starting out with Epona a sword and all the gimicks before the plot is really layed out detracts from a sense of having to explore to find all your items as in Link to the past and OOT.

That and please just give us adult link only. I'm tired of child link and wolf link. I really enjoy being adult link and the game always seems to be at it's peak at these times.

And if Mario is any indication there is nothing wrong and everything fun with switching up to 2d and 3d now and then. Some of the best parts in Mario galaxy are the 2d sidescrolling moments. It may even be kind of fun to have a 2d dungeon or world in the next zelda. Maybe even combine the best of the 3d moment of OOT with the excellent 2d exploration and puzzles of Link to the past.

That and I would love to see Shiek again. Or a character much like Shiek. Even if it was Zelda in disguise it was fun to see the role of Shiek play out. Having a mysterious element to some of the characters makes the story much more engaging. It's what I felt TP was missing. There just wasn't as much mystery as to what was going on in the world as a whole. The elements were there but the storytelling was weaker then most zelda games.

Avatar image for Wiifanboy_4life
Wiifanboy_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Wiifanboy_4life
Member since 2006 • 3971 Posts
Perhaps it would further explain the flood of Hyrule?
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

I have to bring up a few points after hearing Matt and Bozon's (IGN) words on the next zelda title. First of all, all they say is that it should be announced by 2009.

Let me just bring up several points about why this game will be INCREDIBLE and better than Twilight Princess.

• The beautiful music of Zelda will finally have an orchestra, just like in Galaxy.
  • The developers will be able to really focus on developing it only for one platform; not wii AND gamecube.
  • Not a port, and it will be a true wii zelda title with sweet controls which are perfectly responsive.

What do you think of the next wii zelda title? And yes, there will be one because there is always at least 2 zelda titles for each nintendo console/handheld.

Maxned

SNES didn't have two, and what do you mean by at least two. Unless I missed any, there hasn't ever been more than 2 zeldas on one system. Also, why do you say all of you points as facts?

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="Maxned"]

AdRock92

SNES didn't have two, and what do you mean by at least two. Unless I missed any, there hasn't ever been more than 2 zeldas on one system. Also, why do you say all of you points as facts?

NES- Zelda 1 and 2

N64- Majora's mask and OOT

Gamecube- Wind Waker and TP

GB- I think they had like 3 for gameboy

SNES- loz3 and remake of the original (Japan only)

I think there is more...

EDIT: oh yea, forgot

GBA- Minnish cap and four swords

The only system without 2 games is the DS

Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Androu1
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

GB- I think they had like 3 for gameboyJakendo

Gameboy Advance

*The Minish Cap

Gameboy

*The Oracle Of Seasons

*The Oracle Of Ages

*Link's Awakening

I don't know if there are more for the Advance,tho
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts
I don't care as long as link isnt infirst person
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

can we have a link to this article please.

and they made Minish Cap and A link to the past I believe for GBA (it had 4 swords on it too)

BROAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BROAR
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It would be cool if in this new one, it'll be OOT 2. Same link guy, same hero of time, etc. New stuffs ofc, but time traveling/ etc. would be sweet. Even tho bringing something new would kickass aswell.
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

Oh my God! Nintendo is going to make a game on the Wii look better than a port from the Gamecube? Impossible. Nintendo would never put that much effort into graphics. :roll:

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I seriously think they need too revamp major aspects of the game; greater difficulty in enemies, more variety of enemies, some voice acting, darker game, story, artistic design, a jump button perhaps. I know they'll shake it up because if I play another Zelda similar to WW or TP it will feel really stale to me and I'll be highly disappointed.
Avatar image for DivineShadow218
DivineShadow218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DivineShadow218
Member since 2004 • 334 Posts

I just want more of a sence of achivement in the next Zelda. Starting out with Epona a sword and all the gimicks before the plot is really layed out detracts from a sense of having to explore to find all your items as in Link to the past and OOT.

That and please just give us adult link only. I'm tired of child link and wolf link. I really enjoy being adult link and the game always seems to be at it's peak at these times.

And if Mario is any indication there is nothing wrong and everything fun with switching up to 2d and 3d now and then. Some of the best parts in Mario galaxy are the 2d sidescrolling moments. It may even be kind of fun to have a 2d dungeon or world in the next zelda. Maybe even combine the best of the 3d moment of OOT with the excellent 2d exploration and puzzles of Link to the past.

That and I would love to see Shiek again. Or a character much like Shiek. Even if it was Zelda in disguise it was fun to see the role of Shiek play out. Having a mysterious element to some of the characters makes the story much more engaging. It's what I felt TP was missing. There just wasn't as much mystery as to what was going on in the world as a whole. The elements were there but the storytelling was weaker then most zelda games.

Karjah

Not to spoil anything for anyone.... but what about Midna??

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

I seriously think they need too revamp major aspects of the game; greater difficulty in enemies, more variety of enemies, some voice acting, darker game, story, artistic design, a jump button perhaps. I know they'll shake it up because if I play another Zelda similar to WW or TP it will feel really stale to me and I'll be highly disappointed.LINKloco

I agree with most of everything u just said there. However i wouldnt like a darker game because thats what i didnt like about TP and the music wouldnt mix very well with a dark game. I dont know about jumping either but i think they could add it if they wanted to but it really wouldnt be needed and i dont think the wiimote has enough buttons for jumping though i could be wrong

Avatar image for Stonetowerghost
Stonetowerghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#17 Stonetowerghost
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
I just thought TP was missing "The Feel." You know, that classic feeling you're supposed to get when you play through a Zelda for the first time. It's all in the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the last Zelda game to do that for me was Majora's Mask.
20fox05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 20fox05
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

Oh my God! Nintendo is going to make a game on the Wii look better than a port from the Gamecube? Impossible. Nintendo would never put that much effort into graphics. :roll:

dewmandew7

Uh, have you played Galaxy? Or at least seen screenshots.. Those are awesome graphics.

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

I just thought TP was missing "The Feel." You know, that classic feeling you're supposed to get when you play through a Zelda for the first time. It's all in the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the last Zelda game to do that for me was Majora's Mask.Stonetowerghost

I know Majoras Mask had such a mysterious feel to it. MM was also a very dark game though IMO. Nonetheless one of the greatest in the series.A few things I would like to see in the next zelda

1. More sidequests/ character interaction like in MM. That game pretty much defines what we need for sidequests and character interaction
2. Greater enemy difficulty. The enemies in TP were just a push over. I want to see tougher enemies (please not ones that scream at you and stun you)
3. BOSS RUSH MODE! I hate starting another game just to get to a previous boss that I wanted to fight.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
They should bring back some of the old items and weapons to use, like the rocs cape and pegasus boots and such.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

It would be cool if in this new one, it'll be OOT 2. Same link guy, same hero of time, etc. New stuffs ofc, but time traveling/ etc. would be sweet. Even tho bringing something new would kickass aswell.BROAR

If you payed more attention, you'd know TP is OoT2.

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kuhu

[QUOTE="BROAR"]It would be cool if in this new one, it'll be OOT 2. Same link guy, same hero of time, etc. New stuffs ofc, but time traveling/ etc. would be sweet. Even tho bringing something new would kickass aswell.Wintry_Flutist

So was MM c:

madribub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 madribub
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

The formula needs to seriously get switched up. It's starting to get a little predictable now. "Oh, you mean there's a weapon in this here dungeon? I must need to use it on the boss." I'm hoping for something a bit more organic like they did with Ico or something. As cool as the wolf stuff felt, it just didn't feel revolutionary enough. Even the switches between Twilight and the real world felt much like going back and forth between child Link and Adult. Things I wish they'd expanded on in Twilight Princess:

Jousting duels were amazing.

Having to protect the cart was awesome, too.

New things I'd love to see:

A seriously revamped combat system with more skill involved. In TP, I felt like I could just shake the remote randomly and things would die.

When we saw dark Link, I thought there'd be some major moral implications and tough decisions to be made. People keep asking for a more mature game. To me, this doesn't mean more blood; it means some serious heavy hitting story ideas.

A new Hyrule. It's all starting to feel a bit too familiar. I mean, if Mario can evolve from place to place, why can't Hyrule? Even though the maps were very different between ocarina and TP, it still felt so derivitive.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="BROAR"]It would be cool if in this new one, it'll be OOT 2. Same link guy, same hero of time, etc. New stuffs ofc, but time traveling/ etc. would be sweet. Even tho bringing something new would kickass aswell.Kuhu

So was MM c:

Indeed, so TP is OoT3! :shock:

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

two ideas i hate: first person perspective and a futuristic theme. I've heard these ideas thrown around and I think they would both be disasters. Same with 1:1 sword use with the Wii-mote.

I would like to see the world be more open, with random side dungeons, kind of like Oblivion. That would be amazing.

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kuhu
[QUOTE="Kuhu"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="BROAR"]It would be cool if in this new one, it'll be OOT 2. Same link guy, same hero of time, etc. New stuffs ofc, but time traveling/ etc. would be sweet. Even tho bringing something new would kickass aswell.Wintry_Flutist

So was MM c:

Haha so BROAR theres an OoT2 and OoT3. Think we need a 4th one?

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="Kuhu"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="BROAR"]It would be cool if in this new one, it'll be OOT 2. Same link guy, same hero of time, etc. New stuffs ofc, but time traveling/ etc. would be sweet. Even tho bringing something new would kickass aswell.Kuhu

So was MM c:

Haha so BROAR theres an OoT2 and OoT3. Think we need a 4th one?

Believe me, there's a lot of people who think so, since not even TP was OoTish enough for them.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#28 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
i cant wait oready Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
  • The graphics will be as good, if not much better than Super Mario Galaxy's. I don't think the Wii is capable of much more than Galaxy. It will look awesome, though, no doubt.
  • The beautiful music of Zelda will finally have an orchestra, just like in Galaxy. Probably, which will be awesome.
  • The developers will be able to really focus on developing it only for one platform; not wii AND gamecube. Indeed. This could mean that we'll get a very awesome controls scheme. I hope we'll get to feel like we really have control over Link's shield and sword.

What do you think of the next wii zelda title? And yes, there will be one because there is always at least 2 zelda titles for each nintendo console/handheld. I know there will be another Zelda game for the Wii, but that Nintendo has released 2 Zelda titles for the N64 and GC doesn't automatically mean that 2 Zeldas for new consoles is a rule.

Whatever Nintendo has in store for the next Zelda, I'm sure it'll be awesome. Nintendo knows their business. The Wii should be a big step for the Zelda series, and I think Nintendo knows that.

What I want for the next Zelda: Bigger world, more sidequests, more personality. Looking back at TP, there was very little personality compared to Wind Waker. I believe this was a big minus for TP. What I mean, mostly, is that the characters in the game was uninteresting. I liked all of them in Wind Waker. I don't even remember the guys from TP. This is but one thing I didn't like about TP, and hope they will do better for the next one.

Maxned
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

Each Zelda game has one direct sequal as I remember it. This one will most likely be a direct sequal to TP. The thing I want the most in the next Zelda is lots of cool items. Awesome swords (with an optional sidequest for the best sword), mirror shield, possibly an all new shield, creative new gadgets, etc.

The Zelda formula is fine with me so long as the content inside the formula is fresh (ex. keeping temples is fine so long as the temples are creative and fun). I'm not as in love with SMG as everyone else, but if it has shown us anything it has shown us how creative the guys at Nintendo can be. They don't need a new theme or anything like that to make this game fresh and enjoyable. They just have to have creative level design, creative enemies, a creative storyline, etc.

Zelda doesn't need to be darker. There are tons of dark games out there, and Zelda isn't the sort of series that goes for the dark gimmick. Darkness has fit the story from time to time, but many developers are using darkness for darkness sake these days. I would regret seeing this sort of lameness in the next Zelda.\

Either way I'm not at all worried about it. Zelda has never failed to deliver for me. (my only concern so far is this first person business...put that idea in the trash)

bubblepaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 bubblepaul
Member since 2005 • 503 Posts
Im not thinking an announcement in 2009 im thinking a release in 2009, i think we may hear about it next year
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wintry_Flutist

Im not thinking an announcement in 2009 im thinking a release in 2009, i think we may hear about it next yearbubblepaul

For a release in 2009, it should have been announced in 2007.

wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
[QUOTE="dewmandew7"]

20fox05

Uh, have you played Galaxy? Or at least seen screenshots.. Those are awesome graphics.

ummm... he was being sarcastic

and i have high hopes for the next zelda, i'm ready for a change in the series though

pattyq13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pattyq13

to me the next zelda game needs this:

1) not 1:1 sword movements but if i slash to the right: link slashes to the right, if i slash up:link slashes up. Not 1:1 but direction based (similar to SC: legends but not sucking a**)

2) deeper and darker plot line.

3) Hyrule needs to be bigger!!!

4) Have like an all-star list of the best items from evey game put into this one.

5) Replayable boss mode!

6) Tougher enemies

7) Side quests and awesome in between dungeon quests (protecting the cart and stuff like that)

8 ) Return of the trading system (wasnt that not in TP?)

9) Graphics revolutionary for Wii at the time it comes out (MPC: 3, MG)

OVERALL I JUST WANT A KICK A** ZELDA GAME!!!

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wintry_Flutist

to me the next zelda game needs this:

1) not 1:1 sword movements but if i slash to the right: link slashes to the right, if i slash up:link slashes up. Not 1:1 but direction based (similar to SC: legends but not sucking a**)

2) deeper and darker plot line.

3) Hyrule needs to be bigger!!!

4) Have like an all-star list of the best items from evey game put into this one.

5) Replayable boss mode!

6) Tougher enemies

7) Side quests and awesome in between dungeon quests (protecting the cart and stuff like that)

8) Return of the trading system (wasnt that not in TP?)

9) Graphics revolutionary for Wii at the time it comes out (MPC: 3, MG)

OVERALL I JUST WANT A KICK A** ZELDA GAME!!!

pattyq13

Just when you thought "more of the same" was killing Zelda and most people had realized it...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I seriously think they need too revamp major aspects of the game; greater difficulty in enemies, more variety of enemies, some voice acting, darker game, story, artistic design, a jump button perhaps. I know they'll shake it up because if I play another Zelda similar to WW or TP it will feel really stale to me and I'll be highly disappointed.LINKloco

Agree except for darkness. I'd love a huge bright colourful world, that'd be a joy just to explore. Something like Windwaker or Dragon Quest 8.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TopBossUltra

Agree except for darkness. I'd love a huge bright colourful world, that'd be a joy just to explore. Something like Windwaker or Dragon Quest 8.

locopatho

I agree. I want a vibrant world threatened by dark enemies; not just a bunch of darkness everywhere tacked on crap.

@wintry: more of the same isn't quite killing Zelda. It has pretty much been more of the same for a long time and most people are still loving it. The biggest recent switch up was the graphics on wind waker, and a lot of people really hated that. OoT wasn't so different except that it was in 3d, but it still managed to widely considered the best game ever. They are just gonna have to put effort into delivering us an awesome game that's fun to play. It's going to have to have some new stuff, but, as a part of a series, it's going to need some more of the same.

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts

The next Wii Zelda should make better use of the Wii-mote: 1:1 motion sensing on the sword controls, and a third-person shooter-esque control scheme for using the bow and clawshot. It should also have a more interactive overworld and more substantial sidequests.

It needs a change of pace story-wise, as well. Perhaps this Zelda could take place between TP and WW and explain why the goddesses had to intervene to stop Gannon from controlling the world. Perhaps the player could control a Link who attempts to stop Gannon but ultimately fails. I would like to see some answers to questions concerning how Gannon is always able to return despite apparent death, and also how it is he can survive hundreds of years from game to game.

Another interesting storyline would take place before Ocarina of Time, and would feature the original forging of the Master Sword as an important plot element.

Finally, this game needs two difficulty modes: a standard mode on the same level as TP, and a harder one to challenge veteran gamers, more similar to the difficulty of, say, ALttP.

Felleshol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Felleshol

In december 2006, Game Informer Magazineissue165statedthefollowingaboutanewzeldatitle;

The latest issue of Game Informer has reported that a brand new Zelda for Wii has been in development for a year and could come out sooner rather than later.

"Our sources tell us that the next instalment in this series has been deep in development for around a year. It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would release two Zelda games a year apart, but don't be surprised if this game comes up sooner than you think," reports the magazine.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/11/new-zelda-for-wii-deep-in-development-phantom-hourglass-delay/

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TopBossUltra

Magazineissue165statedthefollowingaboutanewzeldatitle;

Felleshol

I had always feared kids on the internet might stop using the space bar.

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#42 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

As for me, the best Zelda games were Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, and A Link to the Past.

I believe you guys really missed onLink's Awakening maybe because you were too young at that time, but that game was an incredible introduction into the Zelda World when I started playing with Nintendo.

I believe up to now the difficulty of a Zelda game has been decreasing more and more, probably to be able to target a wide audience. And for that, us the hardcore gamers are paying the price for having games that are "too easy" for us.

And personnally, I preferred the 2d Zelda games because it relied much more on puzzle solving.

bill7907

Yeah, I totally agree. I still feel like Link's Awakening is the best Zelda I've played! When I played OOT, MM, WW, and especially the Phantom Hourglass I really thought at times: 'hey they copied that from Link's Awakening'.

I often said it before though; the Zelda franchise doesn't need to become HALO or anything.. just keep the same formula and expand: Introduce

• rpg-like party-based mechanics,
  • branching storylines (that depend on your actions),
  • characters (in your party or just npc's) that can actually die and these events will change the storyline
  • more npc interaction/more optional sidequests
Besides the obvious graphics and music comments, these things will really make a new Zelda feel totally fresh.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]I seriously think they need too revamp major aspects of the game; greater difficulty in enemies, more variety of enemies, some voice acting, darker game, story, artistic design, a jump button perhaps. I know they'll shake it up because if I play another Zelda similar to WW or TP it will feel really stale to me and I'll be highly disappointed.Scythes777

I agree with most of everything u just said there. However i wouldnt like a darker game because thats what i didnt like about TP and the music wouldnt mix very well with a dark game. I dont know about jumping either but i think they could add it if they wanted to but it really wouldnt be needed and i dont think the wiimote has enough buttons for jumping though i could be wrong

I think a jump button would really add to the gameplay. Battling foes that do sweeps with weapons would add some nice timing reflexes in the midst of battle. Mini games would open up to new possibilities as well. They can make the jump realistic and not some crazy high jump or double jump you find in platformers.
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TopBossUltra
I could sure go for a nice realistic jump. After playing WoW I just don't feel right if I can't jump in a game.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="locopatho"]

@wintry: more of the same isn't quite killing Zelda. It has pretty much been more of the same for a long time and most people are still loving it. The biggest recent switch up was the graphics on wind waker, and a lot of people really hated that. OoT wasn't so different except that it was in 3d, but it still managed to widely considered the best game ever. They are just gonna have to put effort into delivering us an awesome game that's fun to play. It's going to have to have some new stuff, but, as a part of a series, it's going to need some more of the same.

TopBossUltra

That's a poor way to sum Zelda evolution up and to describe Zelda revelance in the industry right now.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TopBossUltra
But it's accurate. It is relevant to today's industry because it's arguably the most fun series of all time. Fun is all that really matters in games; innovation doesn't necessarily mean fun (although when it does it's very nice).
Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maxned
[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]I seriously think they need too revamp major aspects of the game; greater difficulty in enemies, more variety of enemies, some voice acting, darker game, story, artistic design, a jump button perhaps. I know they'll shake it up because if I play another Zelda similar to WW or TP it will feel really stale to me and I'll be highly disappointed.LINKloco

I think a jump button would really add to the gameplay. Battling foes that do sweeps with weapons would add some nice timing reflexes in the midst of battle. Mini games would open up to new possibilities as well. They can make the jump realistic and not some crazy high jump or double jump you find in platformers.

Theres never been any jumping in a zelda game...

Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Maxned

I bet you that theyll also add a crossbow as one of the items - or at least an upgrade to the bow...

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

Actually the Wii Zelda game ahs been in development for about 2 years now. Well wait....yeah 2 years now. It should be announced this coming E3. Although the news isn't all good. Miyamoto himself said that it may be in first pesrson....

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

But it's accurate. It is relevant to today's industry because it's arguably the most fun series of all time. Fun is all that really matters in games; innovation doesn't necessarily mean fun (although when it does it's very nice).TopBossUltra

Fun isn't what I think of when I think of Zelda, sure it is fun and all but I had more fun playing SMG then OoT. Does that mean SMG is better than OoT? Not by along shot. Zelda games are the best games. They are art. Everything about Zelda is fantastic. It always surpasses all other games in graphics(well this one wont, but it will be the best wii wise, and be better than the averagew 360 title), story, level design and everything else. Very few games can you jsut stop and look around in, Zelda is one of those