the new guitar hero ****

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts

i got it today i like the peripheral but all the songs seem to be taken straight of kids bop and theres not a single metal song so far

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
yeah the track list sucks, there are a couple of good songs but those songs are also in previous installments. The Series in general is starting to annoy me.
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GatCloudX
yea the console titles are starting to annoy me too its just that i htought the ds thing was so cool and the track list scks my parents like it and if they like it you can tell its horrible i mean atleast give me one of metallicas crappy songs like enter sandman or one seriously id rather have one of their overplayed songs than rick springfield
Legend_of_Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Legend_of_Geno
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts
the whole four button power fist, sideways, with a pick... just sketched me out
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

If it had Rick Astley I'd be sold

EDIT: after seeing the trailers, who actually would buy this?

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

If it had Rick Astley I'd be sold

EDIT: after seeing the trailers, who actually would buy this?

TalesofRaGnArOk

It's definitely marketed at kids.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Yeah i'm not impressed with the tracklist.
-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
One of the worst track lists I have ever seen. It is geared to little children. :(
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
What do you mean that the sound tracks got straight from Kidz Bop and I do agree the song lists is kinda bad.
VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

Only reason I would buy it would be for Incubus and a couple other songs, I got GH3 and Rockband though so I'm gonna have to pass.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I'd be more apt to try it if I thought that there would be expansions somehow in the future. $50 for 25 songs can eat me.
clnton10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clnton10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

JUST STOP HATING IT.

its pretty good for being on a ds

for crying out-loud you

HATERS

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

JUST STOP HATING IT.

for crying out-loud you

HATERS

clnton10

GH:OT's target audience right there.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
The game does have a pretty bad tracklist but it still is pretty fun. It made me dust off my DS after a couple of months without playing it. I was skeptical at first and it's turning out to be pretty fun. You guys should really try it before you bash it. Plus, I already have the Guitar Grip for when GH:WT comes out on DS.
clnton10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clnton10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The game does have a pretty bad tracklist but it still is pretty fun. It made me dust off my DS after a couple of months without playing it. I was skeptical at first and it's turning out to be pretty fun. You guys should really try it before you bash it. Plus, I already have the Guitar Grip for when GH:WT comes out on DS.m1k3m

the rest of you are

HATERS ps:not gh:ot's target audience

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
The console games have grown to nearly untolerable for me lately. I loved the first 2 but didnt care to play any of the later ones and to see the atrocity of the DS version is just making me closer to despising the series.
DemonIced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DemonIced
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
Do you think there is any chance of having downloadable content on the DS, you know with the Wi-Fi system?

I know that GH:OT doesn't support Wi-Fi but it would be an excellent addition for future games...

So do you think it's something possible?
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GatCloudX
hey im not hating on it its really fun and ilike the peripheral on it its just cmon all star by smashmouth rick springfield and freaking "hit me with your best shot" i saw that song on a commercial once and last time i checked they usually dont play good songs on commercials. its not the game ists the music
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GatCloudX
this game is aimed at children and unfortunaltely my parents also
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GatCloudX
and no it wont have downloadable songs theres not enough memory on the ds
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

hey im not hating on it its really fun and ilike the peripheral on it its just cmon all star by smashmouth rick springfield and freaking "hit me with your best shot" i saw that song on a commercial once and last time i checked they usually dont play good songs on commercials. its not the game ists the musicGatCloudX

I persoanlly like those songs but that's just my personal preferance. There are a few songs I hate though (Pride and Joy, Rock and Roll All Nite, and Spiderwebs).

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

JUST STOP HATING IT.

for crying out-loud you

HATERS

clnton10

We know it's a good game, it's gotten good scores, however no one wants it because the main point of the game (the songs) sucks.

MikeLXXXVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MikeLXXXVIII
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts

I fail to see how metal music is more mature, than what the game has to offer from before, it is all childish in terms of innovation and song beauty (overused metal riffs or styles too), but aren't these games also fun for the gameplay as I would never consider them for the music selection..

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
This game was a good idea, but the song list isn't that great and I think it's a little hard to play. I probably will pick it up anyway, just to say I did.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

The game has always been about mechanics first and music (or should it be called MUZAK) second... if it's fun to actually play, who cares what the song is? All my friends play GH2 without the sound up anymore. Try it, it can actually make songs easier when you're not trying to "rock out" and instead are trying to nail combos and strings... your scores will go through the roof.

And stop the hate. If you don't like the game, go find a topic which you can be positive about and actually contribute something.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

The game has always been about mechanics first and music (or should it be called MUZAK) second... if it's fun to actually play, who cares what the song is? All my friends play GH2 without the sound up anymore. Try it, it can actually make songs easier when you're not trying to "rock out" and instead are trying to nail combos and strings... your scores will go through the roof.

And stop the hate. If you don't like the game, go find a topic which you can be positive about and actually contribute something.

ston3henge

no only that but its there first time on a handheld they dident want to put a whole lot of effort into the music but instead of the guitar pherperial

personally you guy better enjoy it, were even lucky to see somthing like this even ON a handheld

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#27 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
I could care less about the tracks, as long as it delivers a good GH experience for DS, I'm happy.
CloudStrife645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CloudStrife645
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
i dont have it yet only song I know that i know and really like is Are you gonna be my Girl by jet:)
RTS____EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RTS____EX
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
I JUST HOPE THE HACKERS CAN MAKE A WAY TO PUT MY OWN SONGS IN THIS GAME, (LIKE DRAGONFORCE IN GH II) SO, IM GONNA PUT A GOOD PLAYLIST, i say i only buyin this game for the pheriperal if this come truth
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I would love to buy Guitar Hero On Tour, but I hate the track list. It doesn't appeal to me at all.

Shame, because I would definitely buy it with a better track list.

LordWaspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 LordWaspy
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
I am going to get it when it comes out in the UK. I like quite a lot of the songs so i think i will enjoy it.
Angel624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Angel624
Member since 2005 • 525 Posts
i didnt find a point in buying this game because the point of guitar hero is to play a guitar, not using a stylus and buttons.
Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts
Thats why I have rockband.
Avatar image for TheTwiliteStorm
TheTwiliteStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheTwiliteStorm
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

Ok, I have a few things. To everyone who plays Guitar Hero to play the guitar...I have nothing to say. Just think about it. Second, it's not that bad. I have it, I'm 19, and I enjoy it. I can't wait for the people in the R4 fourms to hack it and make custom songs. It's fun being able to play this on my DS. No, I don't play Guitar Hero because it makes me feel like I'm playing the guitar. I play it because it's a fun music game. A game. Do you think I play DDR so I can learn to dance? No. So stop *****ing about the touch screen and guitar grip. If you wanna play GH so you can learn how to play the guitar/use your superior guitar skills in a game be my guest. You can complain about the in-game song list all you want. It's call a hack card, and I'm waiting to get my System of a Down on my DS. :D (smash mouth =/= fun)

ps, for all of you who think DDR ripped off Guitar Hero, please stop calling yourself a gamer. Look it up online, and I don't mean wikipedia.

sheepradish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 sheepradish
Member since 2006 • 2242 Posts

all though I do not have GH On Tour yet becuase it is not out in australia yet :( I know i am going to enjoy it.

and to everyone who is complaining about aw the track list sucks and aw its aimed at kids. you would complain that GH On Tour is to hard if all these metal songs were in the game...give a good go its got great grahpics and the whole idea works well.

CHILL OUT!

Bloodoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bloodoll
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

After GH3, I realized that the series had just become a cash cow. These games would be fine if the guitars cost 20$ (theyre just simplified controllers with big plastic shells), and the games were 30$, like budget made games with shoddy graphics, complete lack of professional polish, and lazy generic animation ought to be (no more heroes is an example of an amazing budget game).

But, people will pay 50$ for an identacle game engine without graphical, or any improvements really (so, your really paying 50$ for a mix CD of covers and rythm patterns to play. The little shining thing on your hammer ons doesnt account for enough), and another 40+ for a controler with more plastic on the outside, fewer buttons, and no joystick. Red Octane knows this, and cleverly markets and rehashes at every given opportunity. Notice how quickly these games are being churned out?

Also, I would like to thank red octane for allowing Slash to sell out in one of the most humiliating ways possible. I would also like to thank Tom Morello for not selling out in the same setting, even if it did make Slash look like even more of a tool.

As for the new GH, it looks like their marketting team bought the whole nintendo=kiddy thing and made the game apropriately. It works, I guess, but with how popular both the wii and the ds are, youd think someone would clue in to the whole "if you build it, they will come" philosophy, especially with the overwhelming popularity of the series

Oh...and notice the "crushingly-popular-seriese-game-with-no-review-days-after-launch" phenomenon. It is very similar to the "crushingly-popular-licenced-game-with-no-review-days-after-launch" phenomenon. Must be cheaper than buying your review, and much cheaper than buying your perfect ten. Ask the THPS or MGS crew if you want to know the details.

viewtifullee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 viewtifullee
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts

i got it today i like the peripheral but all the songs seem to be taken straight of kids bop and theres not a single metal song so far

GatCloudX
LOL 4real damn...was hope n 4 more huuh epecially 4 $50
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts

[QUOTE="GatCloudX"]hey im not hating on it its really fun and ilike the peripheral on it its just cmon all star by smashmouth rick springfield and freaking "hit me with your best shot" i saw that song on a commercial once and last time i checked they usually dont play good songs on commercials. its not the game ists the musicm1k3m

I persoanlly like those songs but that's just my personal preferance. There are a few songs I hate though (Pride and Joy, Rock and Roll All Nite, and Spiderwebs).

WTH! *faints*

Jedilink109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jedilink109
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts
Well I got it and it's pretty sweetness. It's got friggin Ozzy on there man. Don't say there's no metal. Besides there's some wonderful songs in there like China Grove by The Doobie Brothers, Jet Airliner by the Steve Miller Band, there's Skynyrd, there's Kiss. I mean...how can this be a terrible setlist? It's kind of odd at first but once you get into it after a bit, it's a LOT of fun. And it faithfully recreates the Guitar Hero experience on the go. I'd recommend it!
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GatCloudX
well so im getting farther through the game and i like this song by daughtry and thats it so far
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GatCloudX
cmon the stray cat strut
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ash10692

Legends of rock was a misleading title. To live up to that name it needs some Led Zep, Thin Lizzy, Free, Deep Purple, Sweet, Bowie, Beatles, Hendrix, Rolling Stones (paint it black doesn't cut it considering the games title), Lynrd Skynrd, Motley Crue, Steppenwolf, Queen, Cream etc. Whoever decided to put the Killers on that game should be ashamed.

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GatCloudX
they should have some hard core metal
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ash10692
And consequently have sales drop about 60%?
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
The game looks okay, for the title that it is being on the DS anyways. It's for some, I'm just not one of the. tried it, thought it was cute but I could name a million better things to buy with $50.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

Lol, Kids Bop.

Seriously, nothing in the GH title says that it has to be Rock. Personally, I would love a GH game full of JPop and VGM.

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GatCloudX
JPOP MAYBE SINCE I AM A JAPAN FAN BUT YEA ALL STAR BY SMASHMOUTH AND ANOTHER SONG THERE ARE IN FACT ON KIDSBOP. HOW AOUT SOME JROCK LIKE DIR EN GREY ON THERE
gamerguy46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamerguy46
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts
When I first hear the news about a DS version, I was excited...then I saw what they did to it. I think I'm done with the whole GH series. I bought Rock Band so GH4 doesn't really appeal to me for the reason that I don't want more crap laying around my apartment.
VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

After GH3, I realized that the series had just become a cash cow. These games would be fine if the guitars cost 20$ (theyre just simplified controllers with big plastic shells), and the games were 30$, like budget made games with shoddy graphics, complete lack of professional polish, and lazy generic animation ought to be (no more heroes is an example of an amazing budget game).

But, people will pay 50$ for an identacle game engine without graphical, or any improvements really (so, your really paying 50$ for a mix CD of covers and rythm patterns to play. The little shining thing on your hammer ons doesnt account for enough), and another 40+ for a controler with more plastic on the outside, fewer buttons, and no joystick. Red Octane knows this, and cleverly markets and rehashes at every given opportunity. Notice how quickly these games are being churned out?

Also, I would like to thank red octane for allowing Slash to sell out in one of the most humiliating ways possible. I would also like to thank Tom Morello for not selling out in the same setting, even if it did make Slash look like even more of a tool.

As for the new GH, it looks like their marketting team bought the whole nintendo=kiddy thing and made the game apropriately. It works, I guess, but with how popular both the wii and the ds are, youd think someone would clue in to the whole "if you build it, they will come" philosophy, especially with the overwhelming popularity of the series

Oh...and notice the "crushingly-popular-seriese-game-with-no-review-days-after-launch" phenomenon. It is very similar to the "crushingly-popular-licenced-game-with-no-review-days-after-launch" phenomenon. Must be cheaper than buying your review, and much cheaper than buying your perfect ten. Ask the THPS or MGS crew if you want to know the details.

Bloodoll

I was agreeing with this and nodding my head the whole way through until the very last sentence. I have to disagree with you about that last part (even though the rest was pretty spot on), The THPS and MGS games are two of my favorite series' of all time, as I believe they are many people's (that is, needless to say, my personal opinion).

I can't think of many games that deserve a ten but MGS4 is easily the best game I have ever played (and that's saying something),

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
[QUOTE="m1k3m"]

[QUOTE="GatCloudX"]hey im not hating on it its really fun and ilike the peripheral on it its just cmon all star by smashmouth rick springfield and freaking "hit me with your best shot" i saw that song on a commercial once and last time i checked they usually dont play good songs on commercials. its not the game ists the musicash10692

WTH! *faints*

WOW. I think m1k3m just enraged the guitar gods. You play a game called "Guitar Hero" and yet say you hate one of Stevie Ray Vaughan's (a guitar LEGEND) signature songs. That's just...wow. I don't even know what to say.