The Metroid: Other M Thread - GS - 8.5, IGN 8.5, NP 8.5, Etc!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#601 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

go first person and see where the pipe leads to. it's a start :DBrunoBRS

I did, it's like in a higher room or the hole that leads to the room is at a high spot. but I went in nearly everyroom there and there's not a single hole opening that leads to that area.

EDIT:

Omg that's probably the hardest Missle expansion in the game.

Thanks to the Discussion page of the Game here on Gamespot.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#602 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]go first person and see where the pipe leads to. it's a start :DLegatoSkyheart

I did, it's like in a higher room or the hole that leads to the room is at a high spot. but I went in nearly everyroom there and there's not a single hole opening that leads to that area.

EDIT:

so, care to enlighten us (or at least me)? :P
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]go first person and see where the pipe leads to. it's a start :DBrunoBRS

EDIT:

Jump behind the Hologram and Wall Jump.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#604 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

[QUOTE="TGM_basic"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]There are only two things I don't like about the game. First thing is the forced first person mode - It takes too long sometimes to find what I have to look for. Advid-Gamer

Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person who had an issue with these segments.

There are 3 of us! :P but according to the guy in the other thread it is because we have very small attention spans. :roll:

The guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Attention span has nothing to do with horrible game design.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#605 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

EDIT:

LegatoSkyheart

Jump behind the Hologram and Wall Jump.

hologram? so it is on another room :P
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606 LegatoSkyheart

dang it now all the items in the Main Sector are my problems.

EDIT: aw dang it, I just relized that I can't get 100% at all now.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

LegatoSkyheart
Why's that?
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Bobbles

Why's that?

Cause I'm dumb. lol I got 100%. Thankfully. Man the Final Part was awesome.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#609 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Loving this game, almost forgot to sleep :P very tired at work now...

To Aussies out there did your Wii perform an update when run the Other M?...mine did....I could have sworn Im up with the latest update

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#610 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Got to the credits today with 75%. I've been seeing people say they had around 50% and even a 35% when they finished AND they've been actively looking for expansions. I don't get it. Maybe they just strictly followed the hint system and didn't deviate from that path.... Sometimes it FORCES you on that path (which really frustrates me), but when it occasionally opens up, you have to take that chance to explore.

I said elsewhere that you can either play Other M as an action game or a Metroid game. As an action game, you just go straight through to where you need to go next, maybe finding some expansions in those rooms along the way. As a Metroid game, you search for alternate paths and go the OPPOSITE way the game is telling you to go, backtrack to places after you've gotten new abilities and find everything you can.

It's nice to have that choice of playstyIe, though there are some obvious compromises that were made. Maybe I'll write a blog entry and be more in-depth.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#611 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Got to the credits today with 75%. I've been seeing people say they had around 50% and even a 35% when they finished AND they've been actively looking for expansions.

JordanElek

Is there anyway to tell what your current % of completion is during gameplay (before getting to the end)? I'd like to achieve 100% and unlock hard right away, so i can replay on that difficulty multiple times.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

Got to the credits today with 75%. I've been seeing people say they had around 50% and even a 35% when they finished AND they've been actively looking for expansions.

chex81

Is there anyway to tell what your current % of completion is during gameplay (before getting to the end)? I'd like to achieve 100% and unlock hard right away, so i can replay on that difficulty multiple times.

I don't think so. It's impossible to get 100% before the credits anyway. After the credits, I've still come across several expansions that I could've found before the credits. A good challenge would be to see how high of a percentage you can get before the credits (then finish to see what your percentage was). I'm guessing it's about 85-90% for all possible expansions before the credits.
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 TGM_basic

So I just beat Other M. Really good game in the end. I'll raise my original score of a 7 up to an 8. It would be a 9, but those damn 'forced first person' sections, which add NOTHING to the game, were enough of a hinderance to lower my score by an entire point. (Though, now that I've passed them, they'll likely not be an issue the second time through, so we'll see how I still feel about them...)

Those sections aside, the gameplay is great. It's the classic 2D Metroid style brought to 3D, in a whole new way from the Prime games. The backstory is also really interesting (the actual storyline, not quite so much), and all in all, this is probably the most fun I've had with a game this entire generation (not counting Guitar Hero). No other game has managed to suck me in and keep me coming back for more like this one has. I'm willing to even say that it's the best game this gen so far. Way to go Nintendo, and way to go Team Ninja.

I'm not entirely sure yet, but I think I might even be willing to say it's better than Metroid Prime (my current favorite Metroid game). The game is just really a good all around package. It's not without it's flaws, but once you get past those issues, there's a really great game to be had here.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614 TGM_basic

I'd appreciate if someone could answer this question for me. I can't remember, but in past Metroid games, when you died, did you always have to restart from your last save? I think that's how it was, but since you restart from where you died in Other M, I'm having trouble remembering if this was always the case or not.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#615 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34795 Posts

I'd appreciate if someone could answer this question for me. I can't remember, but in past Metroid games, when you died, did you always have to restart from your last save? I think that's how it was, but since you restart from where you died in Other M, I'm having trouble remembering if this was always the case or not.

TGM_basic
Other M is the only Metroid game I know of where you don't start at the last save station after death.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#616 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="TGM_basic"]

Litchie
Other M is the only Metroid game I know of where you don't start at the last save station after death.

The same was for Corruption - at least I think - whenever I died (Only like 3-4 times) I started at a checkpoint, I believe.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 JordanElek
[QUOTE="TGM_basic"]

Litchie

Corruption has some checkpoints, but I think that's the only Prime game with them. I'm not sure how spread out they are or if they're only before bosses or whatever because that game was pretty easy, even on the harder difficulty setting.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#618 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I beat Other M, and got 100% items...I must ask

[spoiler] who was the deleter? [/spoiler]

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#619 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I beat Other M, and got 100% items...I must ask[spoiler] who was the deleter? [/spoiler] AmayaPapaya
[spoiler] I believe the guy that was dead in the research station where Melissa was... at least that is who I assumed it was - he was the last one standing other than Anthony and Adam. Though I like to think it was Melissa more though but the whole 'crate throwing' equipment battle seems to say it was someone on Adam's team. [/spoiler]