The Conduit's Sales Do Not Look Promising At All

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The Conduit was supposed to be the shooter that all Wii owners were waiting for and it was supposed to put up large numbers.
It's experience was supposed to be the definitive FPS experience on the Wii.

The thing is, it's not selling like it at all. Despite having the largest ad campaign ever for a third party Wii game it has struggled and looks to have fizzled out rather early in it's lifespan.

Let's start with North America:

There's a pool of 24 million Wii owners and in the the first 5 weeks on store shelves it's seen sales of...

While the initial launch numbers are distressing the numbers that follow are even more so. The launch numbers cut in half after the first week could be excused if it maintained that level for a few weeks but in weeks 3, 4, and 5 we see a drop off of 20,000 units leaving the title struggling to stay above the 10,000 unit threshold in just a month and a half.

Now That brings us to Europe and it's pool of 19 million Wii's. That was supposed to provide the title with it's "second wind" which started with a very aggressive ad campaign and we see...

The Conduit's inability to sell even 20k at launch is distressing for everyone involved with the title and in it's third week it's already sub 10k

Now many have said the Conduit will be a slow burn title that sell over a period of time just like World at War did, I say this is false and I have the numbers to back it up.

World at War North American sales...
What's more telling is that the title was 2k and 5k away from selling 100k each week in weeks 6 and 7

Now look at Europe's World at War numbers...
Just like NA's sales the weeks 6 and 7 see the numbers go up as well

World at War was also a multiplat, it's sales were decreased by people choosing to play the title elsewhere. The Conduit does not have that problem, there is only one platform you can play the Conduit.

The Conduit has shown everyone that even with hype from numerous outlets and aggressive ad campaigns a game still needs to stand on it's own, something the Conduit has been unable to do.

If anything it's a validation when it comes to Wii owners that World at War has been a solid seller while the Conduit falls short. The audience is able to see a cash grab when they see it.

Anyone else more impressed with the Wii's audience after seeing the Conduit's trouble at retail?

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Word spreads about good games over time, High Voltage should have focused more on making their game great, instead of talking about it.

On the plus side, these sales figures could mean we don't have to see The Conduit II: Mediocre Mayhem

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Haven't played or bought the game. But I may rent it one day
violentken88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 violentken88
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Its already sold 150,000 and thats really not bad compared to madworld or house the dead. You forget to mention that this was released in the summer, the slowest part for games to sell. Im not saying its selling incredible but im gonna still look to see if it sells up until the holidays.

violentken88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 violentken88

You do have a good arguement with the call of duty numbers. Its sad that you really cant sell anymore unless your a big franchise it seems.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Interesting numbers to chew on.

But my main problem is the unstable online matches. When it works, it's fun. But that only happens for me about half the time. I spend the other half of the time watching my guy rotate in circles with no way to leave the match.

Also, it's widely known that it's a very short game.

Another thing:The boxart may actually have something to do with it being ignored. It looks like a $10 game...until you play it.

And the Wii's long (about a year +) without a must have game made alot of people go out and buy a different consol. Now, the Wii has the problem of getting people away from HD games. And that's going to be a massive hurdle to overcome. Something alot bigger than the Conduit can do.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

You do have a good arguement with the call of duty numbers. Its sad that you really cant sell anymore unless your a big franchise it seems.

violentken88

But you have to couple a new name with a good game. World at War wouldn't have sold as well if it didn't have the Call of Duty name, but it still would've sold decently because it's a pretty solid title. I think the consistently diminishing Conduit sales show that word of mouth isn't good for the game, while the growing World at War sales show that the people who play it recommend it to others. The quality of the game does the most convincing.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Its already sold 150,000 and thats really not bad compared to madworld or house the dead. You forget to mention that this was released in the summer, the slowest part for games to sell. Im not saying its selling incredible but im gonna still look to see if it sells up until the holidays.

violentken88

It was released in summer, so you say that's why it's selling poorly? What better time to try and release a blockbuster but when the competition is asleep at the wheel?
If anything a summer release for a game that's supposed to be HUGE is guaranteeing it's all eyes on them, which should give them a better chance at selling.
Could you imagine the sales numbers if the Conduit went up against some of this fall/winters big titles? It would be a disaster.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
A new IP that didn't sell tremendously? How shocking. Still won't stop me from enjoying it.
HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HipYoungster42
Member since 2009 • 1892 Posts

These numbers may not look pretty, especially for the people at High Voltage and Sega, but hopefully if given the chance, they can use their experience from the first game and make a game that's truly a worthwhile experience.

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
nice bunch of lies jason whatever. NPD said conduit sold 77k for 7 days on the market since it released 23rd july USA. The marketing in EU was non-existant. I saw no conduit adverts and I darn watch too much TV.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41538 Posts
Yes, Jayson. We all know it's selling bad.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
A new IP that didn't sell tremendously? How shocking. Still won't stop me from enjoying it.OreoMilkshake
Same here. Wow Jason.... I'm shocked you made a topic like this :O
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

nice bunch of lies jason whatever. NPD said conduit sold 77k for 7 days on the market since it released 23rd july USA. The marketing in EU was non-existant. I saw no conduit adverts and I darn watch too much TV.r_gam3
Well, that actually might be a good thing. I saw at least 500 ads for it here in the states, and the commercial made it look really grainy and jaggy. I would say that that commercial could have actually hurt sales more than helped them, along with the terrible boxart.

But I would like to see where you and Jayson are getting your numbers from since they don't seem to match...

Nintend0-BuDDy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Nintend0-BuDDy
Member since 2008 • 639 Posts

oh well

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Yeah, Jaysonguy... it would have been nice if you AT LEAST had a source for these numbers. It's hard to make anything out of this when I don't know if this is accurate or just an attempt to make the game look bad. Regardless of if the numbers are true or not, I can't say that I thought the game would reach the massive numbers that a lot of people were hoping for. For starters, I didn't think the game would be that great, and it has now become one of those games where people tend to love it or hate it, depending on circumstance. That usually doesn't bode well for any game. To top it off, I didn't see it having that "slow-burning" effect that a lot of Wii/DS top sellers have, simply because it wasn't that kind of game. If GTA couldn't pull that off on the DS, there's hardly a chance that this game would on the Wii.

Here was my thinking regarding the game's performance prior to its release: We would find out how much of an impact this game truly made when the sales numbers of July appeared (which comes out later this month). Seeing as how June's numbers were only for a week or so, I don't think it is fair to base its performance off of that month (although if it was THAT big of a game, it should have been able to post some significant numbers in that week, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt). If The Conduit has ANY hope of being the game so many people thought it would be prior to its release, it will make its presence felt in a few short weeks. I don't like its chances, though, especially since Wii Sports Resort should also have something to say on the Wii front.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I bought the Conduit, like it, and the online so far has worked for me 100% of the time (I'm silver rank).
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#18 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

violentken88

That's what happens when publishers are reluctant to take a chance on a new IP. More iterations in established franchises start to outnumber new IP. And the fact new IP typically (in some cases) doesn't sell as well as a new game in a established franchise only helps that along. Which in turn, makes publishers even more reluctant to release a new IP.

It's sad to see this happen (especially sense some of those game are really good), but they need to make money somehow, especially now considering the state of the economy.

EDIT:

Yeah, Jaysonguy... it would have been nice if you AT LEAST had a source for these numbers. It's hard to make anything out of this when I don't know if this is accurate or just an attempt to make the game look bad. Regardless of if the numbers are true or not, I can't say that I thought the game would reach the massive numbers that a lot of people were hoping for. For starters, I didn't think the game would be that great, and it has now become one of those games where people tend to love it or hate it, depending on circumstance. That usually doesn't bode well for any game. To top it off, I didn't see it having that "slow-burning" effect that a lot of Wii/DS top sellers have, simply because it wasn't that kind of game. If GTA couldn't pull that off on the DS, there's hardly a chance that this game would on the Wii.

Madmangamer364

I think he got 'em off VGChartz. The sales numbers he posted match up with the ones there.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy

nice bunch of lies jason whatever. NPD said conduit sold 77k for 7 days on the market since it released 23rd july USA. The marketing in EU was non-existant. I saw no conduit adverts and I darn watch too much TV.r_gam3

Please familairize yourself with facts instead of the insults and speculation you're tossing around

NPD's numbers are 71k for the Conduit so I don't know where you're coming up with those numbers

I grabbed mine from VGChartz and even if we squabble on a few k here and there it still doesn't change the facts that the Conduit's sales have folded upon itself over and over and over since release.

As far as the ads expand your horizon and watch a few more channels

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

The Conduit was supposed to be the shooter that all Wii owners were waiting for and it was supposed to put up large numbers.
It's experience was supposed to be the definitive FPS experience on the Wii.

The thing is, it's not selling like it at all. Despite having the largest ad campaign ever for a third party Wii game it has struggled and looks to have fizzled out rather early in it's lifespan.

Let's start with North America:

There's a pool of 24 million Wii owners and in the the first 5 weeks on store shelves it's seen sales of...

While the initial launch numbers are distressing the numbers that follow are even more so. The launch numbers cut in half after the first week could be excused if it maintained that level for a few weeks but in weeks 3, 4, and 5 we see a drop off of 20,000 units leaving the title struggling to stay above the 10,000 unit threshold in just a month and a half.

Now That brings us to Europe and it's pool of 19 million Wii's. That was supposed to provide the title with it's "second wind" which started with a very aggressive ad campaign and we see...

The Conduit's inability to sell even 20k at launch is distressing for everyone involved with the title and in it's third week it's already sub 10k

Now many have said the Conduit will be a slow burn title that sell over a period of time just like World at War did, I say this is false and I have the numbers to back it up.

World at War North American sales...
What's more telling is that the title was 2k and 5k away from selling 100k each week in weeks 6 and 7

Now look at Europe's World at War numbers...
Just like NA's sales the weeks 6 and 7 see the numbers go up as well

World at War was also a multiplat, it's sales were decreased by people choosing to play the title elsewhere. The Conduit does not have that problem, there is only one platform you can play the Conduit.

The Conduit has shown everyone that even with hype from numerous outlets and aggressive ad campaigns a game still needs to stand on it's own, something the Conduit has been unable to do.

If anything it's a validation when it comes to Wii owners that World at War has been a solid seller while the Conduit falls short. The audience is able to see a cash grab when they see it.

Anyone else more impressed with the Wii's audience after seeing the Conduit's trouble at retail?

Jaysonguy

1. World at War was released during the holidays. More shopping during that time. Conduit was released during the summer, slow for games.

2. the hype by sites and mags was that it would have the best online FPS experience on Wii and the best FPS controls. It does. Every review says every game should have as customizable controls as it. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, i've played it. and it is the best FPS online experience on Wii but that isn't saying much.

so its sold 180k between NA and EU so far. 140k in NA. in 5 weeks. I'd say thats good.

How can the Conduit be a "cash grab" when its easy to tell so much love went into the controls and multiplayer? And it took 2 years to develop and its a cash grab? So they spent 2 years making it, and wouldn't just make something easier and quicker with a bigger target audience like Deca Sports minigames in 6-12 months wouldn't that be a cash grab?

Fact is, Conduit is an Ok game. its a 72 on Metacritic i think. 60s and 80s

I don't see why people want to relish in the average sales of a game that clearly was made with great care, great love for a small audience just because it has some faults like a mediocre SP campaign. (What FPS on any console hasn't had a bad SP campaign in the last few years)

boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
i was at target and i was wandering around the game section and there was a video of the conduit, these two guys were watching it when the video ended they were like that looks pretty cool but i wouldnt spend 50 bucks for it
Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

That's only beacause Conduit is a brand new IP. You honestly didn't expect it to sell faster than WAW, did you Jason?

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darth-pyschosis

That's only beacause Conduit is a brand new IP. You honestly didn't expect it to sell faster than WAW, did you Jason?

Brawl578

he made his point even though he ignored that it is a New IP and it released during summer

he's comparing it to an established IP and one released during the holidays

bad comparison. i don't know why he thinks a "cash grab" that took 2 years to develop, has the best FPS controls on Wii and consoles, and has the best online FPS for Wii, why after so much work and love to deliver a solid A game, why would anyone like to boast about it selling at a slow rate?

Seriously. Spit in their face some more. Why should they ever take that much time, and care to make a good new IP for a small audience that is under appreciated on the most selling console.

boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
guys , jason has always hated on this game
Gamer-Geek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Gamer-Geek
Member since 2009 • 357 Posts
I'm one of the 18,500 in Europe and proud, It's an amazing game.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darth-pyschosis

I'm one of the 18,500 in Europe and proud, It's an amazing game.Gamer-Geek

Whats that? do you hear this? off in the distance, a consumer who bought the game, and enjoyed it for what it was!

We should take this person to the doctor , he may be ill. He actually formed an opinion about something after playing it! Isn't that against internet gaming forum laws? Wasn't this in the fine print of the Patriot Act?

on topic: I'm glad you're enjoying it. I enjoyed it too. I rented it twice for a total of 15 days, i would buy it but my Wii's system memory is corrupted (lame)

Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts

Mediocre sales for IMO a mediocre game. Better than resounding sales for a terrible game (talking to you Wii Play).

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

Well, I've had fun with The Conduit and look forward to a sequel.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamer-Geek"]I'm one of the 18,500 in Europe and proud, It's an amazing game.darth-pyschosis

Whats that? do you hear this? off in the distance, a consumer who bought the game, and enjoyed it for what it was!

We should take this person to the doctor , he may be ill. He actually formed an opinion about something after playing it! Isn't that against internet gaming forum laws? Wasn't this in the fine print of the Patriot Act?

on topic: I'm glad you're enjoying it. I enjoyed it too. I rented it twice for a total of 15 days, i would buy it but my Wii's system memory is corrupted (lame)

Don't worry, I will get his address and end his heresy for good! Only fools base thier opinions actual playtime :twisted:

While I am a littel unhappy that the game is not selling as well as I would have liked it to, it is not selling anywhere near as badly as some people made it out to be. For a while I thought it had not made it passed the 50k mark. The thing that really kills me is all the hate the game gets from people who have not played it. If you don't like it fine and more power to you, but if someone does like it they are just as 'right' in thier opinion as anyone else. As I have not played it yet I will hold off and telling people if I like it or not. Oh and a fifteen minute run does not count as playing it.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

The Conduitis a horrible game compared to shooters on the 360 and PS3. It didn't sell because it wasn't good.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

For a new I.P. and the Wii's somewhat limited (hardcore) fanbase, I don't think that's too bad at all.

after all....... it all depends on how much the game actually cost to make, and how much profit they've made.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

The Conduitis a horrible game compared to shooters on the 360 and PS3. It didn't sell because it wasn't good.

AmayaPapaya
That didn't stop Red Steel from selling over a million. Nice logic.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

You sing the same song and spin the same facts. Its boring, call me in a year and we'll see where its at. Not like WAW was launched during holiday season or anything.

violentken88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 violentken88

[QUOTE="violentken88"]

Conjuration

It was released in summer, so you say that's why it's selling poorly? What better time to try and release a blockbuster but when the competition is asleep at the wheel?
If anything a summer release for a game that's supposed to be HUGE is guaranteeing it's all eyes on them, which should give them a better chance at selling.
Could you imagine the sales numbers if the Conduit went up against some of this fall/winters big titles? It would be a disaster.

Its not selling bad though for a new ip. 150k is pretty impressive. It does seem to be a good idea to release games in the summer but its not and everyone knows that unless your already a well known ip. Thats just me though.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darth-pyschosis

You sing the same song and spin the same facts. Its boring, call me in a year and we'll see where its at. Not like WAW was launched during holiday season or anything.

ActicEdge

Truth. Once Again Mr.Edge you show true wisdom.

Also, I'm sure HVS is more than happy with the sales. Why? Its already made them $9 million dollars in one month. I highly doubt it cost more than $9 million to make the Conduit. I read somewhere Far Cry 2 cost around or more than 10 million, and judging by Wii costs being lower, i'd say Conduit is all profit now.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Conjuration"]

[QUOTE="violentken88"]

violentken88

Its not selling bad though for a new ip. 150k is pretty impressive. It does seem to be a good idea to release games in the summer but its not and everyone knows that unless your already a well known ip. Thats just me though.

No one will listen. They will bash a game they haven't played that a small developer clearly work really hard to make. They won't pull other FPS's glaring faults to your attention but apparently the Conduit is the one that has to be shown as flawed, where as all its flaws are present in most FPS games on consoles

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Brawl578

Yeah, You're comparing it to Call of Duty...

violentken88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 violentken88

[QUOTE="violentken88"]

[QUOTE="Conjuration"]

darth-pyschosis

No one will listen. They will bash a game they haven't played that a small developer clearly work really hard to make. They won't pull other FPS's glaring faults to your attention but apparently the Conduit is the one that has to be shown as flawed, where as all its flaws are present in most FPS games on consoles

Your right man you really are. Im glad someone understands at least.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Don't use VGChartz as a source if you want to be taken seriously.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

No one will listen. They will bash a game they haven't played that a small developer clearly work really hard to make. They won't pull other FPS's glaring faults to your attention but apparently the Conduit is the one that has to be shown as flawed, where as all its flaws are present in most FPS games on consolesdarth-pyschosis
Why do you assume that everyone who doesn't like The Conduit hasn't played it and doesn't admit that other FPS games have faults? This game can be legitimately criticized, you know. The fact that the developer worked really hard on it doesn't justify any of its downfalls. In fact, it makes them worse. If this is game is the result of a developer's passion put to hard work, then I don't see why we should expect much better out of them in the future.

People can enjoy the game, yeah, but the thing is that the FPS genre is incredibly popular right now. HVS didn't make this game for a small audience. They made it for the self-proclaimed hardcore gamers that they thought really wanted this type of game on the Wii. The sales numbers mean that either there aren't so many hardcore gamers on the Wii, or there are plenty but they actually didn't want the type of game that The Conduit turned out to be. The fact that World at War is available on other consoles with better graphics and better features and STILL sold much better than The Conduit on the Wii is pretty significant.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

No advert for Conduit on tv in Aust either..actually there's virtually no adverts on tv for 3rd parties games. No wonder it slow to sell...

I found it didn't live up to hype..but between ok->good first effort...hope they will make 2 with improvements..

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]No one will listen. They will bash a game they haven't played that a small developer clearly work really hard to make. They won't pull other FPS's glaring faults to your attention but apparently the Conduit is the one that has to be shown as flawed, where as all its flaws are present in most FPS games on consolesJordanElek

Why do you assume that everyone who doesn't like The Conduit hasn't played it and doesn't admit that other FPS games have faults? This game can be legitimately criticized, you know. The fact that the developer worked really hard on it doesn't justify any of its downfalls. In fact, it makes them worse. If this is game is the result of a developer's passion put to hard work, then I don't see why we should expect much better out of them in the future.

People can enjoy the game, yeah, but the thing is that the FPS genre is incredibly popular right now. HVS didn't make this game for a small audience. They made it for the self-proclaimed hardcore gamers that they thought really wanted this type of game on the Wii. The sales numbers mean that either there aren't so many hardcore gamers on the Wii, or there are plenty but they actually didn't want the type of game that The Conduit turned out to be. The fact that World at War is available on other consoles with better graphics and better features and STILL sold much better than The Conduit on the Wii is pretty significant.

People can legitimately criticize any game they want, no game is perfect. But at this point Jason is just beating a dead horse... he REALLY needs to give this a rest.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]No one will listen. They will bash a game they haven't played that a small developer clearly work really hard to make. They won't pull other FPS's glaring faults to your attention but apparently the Conduit is the one that has to be shown as flawed, where as all its flaws are present in most FPS games on consolesumcommon

People can legitimately criticize any game they want, no game is perfect. But at this point Jason is just beating a dead horse... he REALLY needs to give this a rest.

i'd like to point out again the World at War comparison is unfair and needs to stop

its a well established IP that came out during the busiest shopping season, when the most consumers are in stores

Conduit is a new IP, with less marketing than Call of Duty ( i didn't say it had no marketing) and during the Summer, which is not the busiest shopping season

yet SEGA confirms it sold 150k in its first week in North America, and its nearing 200k already in a month in just EU and NA

like i also said, i'm sure HVS is loving the $9 million their getting from it.

off topic: yea jayson doesn't like the conduit. i wonder if he's actually played more than 5 online matches for more than an 30 minutes at least, no make that an hour.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
Now I might just wait up for the holidays and see how it does, On holiday times everyone goes crazy when it comes to buying stuff for ur loved ones, last year I bough zelda (wii) for my brother, wii fit for my sister and gears of war 2 for my gf (yeah I know , lol), plus 10 games for myself... Many ppl do buy a lot in the october-january period, so If it flops there it means it actually flopped
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

i'd like to point out again the World at War comparison is unfair and needs to stop

its a well established IP that came out during the busiest shopping season, when the most consumers are in stores

Conduit is a new IP, with less marketing than Call of Duty ( i didn't say it had no marketing) and during the Summer, which is not the busiest shopping season

yet SEGA confirms it sold 150k in its first week in North America, and its nearing 200k already in a month in just EU and NA

like i also said, i'm sure HVS is loving the $9 million their getting from it.

off topic: yea jayson doesn't like the conduit. i wonder if he's actually played more than 5 online matches for more than an 30 minutes at least, no make that an hour.

darth-pyschosis

World at War is an established IP.. but people who bought WaW bought it for the PS3 and 360 first.. before they got it for the Wii - it was if you will, the 'last resort' console.

You can try to make all sorts of excuses.. like 'its a new IP' - Didn't stop a game like De Blob from performing well. The fact is, it didn't sell because its not a very good game and going overly generic isn't really 'appealing' to an audience.

Lets compare The Conduit to a movie... in the sense that when you compare The Conduit to games it tried to be like, like Halo .. its like comparing a movie like Wall-E to a Wall-E straight to DVD rip off.

People want quality. People want something thats fresh that can still have some tired and true formula's in them. Thats what makes a good game good and people willing to support a developer.

omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts

...150k in 1 week..idk if its just me but that's not bad at all

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1010373p1.html

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

C'MON PEOPLE BUY THE GAME!!!

i know it is generic and not the best FPS, but it still handles extremely well and it's fun to play imo...i even own a 360 and play halo like a madman at times, so i really mean it when i say i really am enjoying this game

it can only get better from here...red steel 2 will be way better than the first...i can only assume that conduit 2 will do the same

if there is one of course, which there should be...i mean there is a red steel 2 and the first sold like crap

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#48 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Not my problem and I don't plan on buying the Conduit anytime soon. I'm sorry HVS but I was really hoping your game would be good :(
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jaysonguy

...150k in 1 week..idk if its just me but that's not bad at all

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1010373p1.html

omgadam

Yeah, not true

NPD's numbers for the Conduit are 71k for North America, that means that Europe would have to have close to 80k to make that 150k number

Also the idea that a new IP doesn't sell well?

EA Sports Active sales

Not only is it a new IP but it's a summer game so neither one of those excuses fly for the Conduit's poor showing

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Why are you people entertaining him? You all know Jaysonguy absolutely Despises The Conduit and will try any and everything in his power to defile it. There is no point in arguing or debating this.