Starfox Wii in the making?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

croogix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 croogix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

There have been sevral rumors from Japanese reporters and game developers that Starfox would be an interesting game to take to the wii. They suggested that the wii remote, wehn tilted could steer the ship, and other buttons would carry out the functions of barrel-rolling and shooting. However, these are only rumors. There has been no confirmationas to if or when the game will be released.

The purpose oft his topic is to start a discussion about ideas for the game, including controls and characters, and to estimate which story line they will continue off of from Command, if they will at all.

Feel free to discuss the game to your hearts content, as nothing can be labeled right or wrong here. If you do know of the official announcement for the game to be in production, you could also mention that too. ;)

Anunnaki_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Anunnaki_XII
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
I believe it will ba announced at E3 and use the WII wheel to control the game.
croogix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 croogix
Possibly, but wouldn't it be interesting if they made a new Wii controller shaped like Arwing controls? That would make it even more immersive. That probably won't happen though, because of difficult placing of the wii remote....
jude11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jude11
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
if it is true i hope its like starfox assult where u can walk around
Smoke0522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Smoke0522
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Nintendo is famous for ongoing sequels so I'd assume they are working on a Star Fox for the Wii.
stoneyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stoneyjack
Member since 2008 • 262 Posts
im thinking of a more intense star fox, 32 person online, as a shooter and a flight game. oh ya.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Why not nunchuk and wiimote pointing, that would work well. I would also like to see bigger ares where even your team mate actually kill villains and shoot the bosses. Areas could be harder and the bosses having more hit points but the game would be balanced out by having the other memebers taking part in the action. It would seem more immersive than just: please fox save me" annorying thing.
ksmitty1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ksmitty1223
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

this might sound weird but maybe the wii remote could be held like a joystick? ah idk just and idea

but if they do come out with one they need to do something new, but still keeping the arwing formula

ksmitty1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ksmitty1223
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

o and assault kind of had a good idea but it just wasnt very good

so maybe you could fly your ship and board other big mother ships then attack the inside on foot like a star wars kind of thing

just spitballing here though

NALDOxCORE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 NALDOxCORE
Member since 2008 • 2162 Posts
It definately won't use the Wii Wheel. I, no doubt, would buy this game release day.
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
I would absolutely love to see a Star Fox game on the Wii, but only if Nintendo would figure out that they do not have to add RPG elements, third-person shooting, and minigames in order to create a false sense of depth. All we want is a true sequel to the stellar Star Fox 64!
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
I say plenty of dog fights and some ground skirmishing. More dog fights though, wifi and limit motion controls (better yet, no motion controls, maybe point the wiimote like in MP3 to aim, that would work great).
newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
I hope the new starfox will be more better and bigger than before, put in more exciting and longer cutscenes!!!!
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

this is like the 5 billionth discusion topic for starfox wii :lol:

but ill say what ive said 5 billion times: a great combination of all three types of starfox games

kc9292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kc9292
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts
Does anyone remember the starfox microgames on WarioWare? Those controls would work perfect for a wii version. You hold the remote sideways, tilt it foward to go down and tilt back to go up, and sideways to turn, of course....this isn't a FPS,acctually aiming with the wiimote just dosn't seem like it would feel right, plus it seems like it would make it too easy
M_Karter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 M_Karter
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts
My opinion is leave fox in the cockpit PLEASE. Could work amazing with wii control. Not sure if a on rails shooter could have enough content to make a worthwile game on... maybe a great wii ware game?
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

My opinion is leave fox in the cockpit PLEASE. Could work amazing with wii control. Not sure if a on rails shooter could have enough content to make a worthwile game on... maybe a great wii ware game?M_Karter
That has always worried me, going back to rail-based gameplay might be taking a step back into the dark ages. Nintendo could easily compensate, however, with decent graphics, a good soundtrack, and some of that frantic, action-packed adrenaline rush that was Star Fox 64's gameplay.

Panzer Dragoon Orta was rail-based, and it turned out to be one of the best games on the Xbox.

Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
I hope they could make it more exciting than last year.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts
The IR should be aiming and guiding the ship not the tilt sensor.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

imho starfox needs an overhaul. the series got messed up on the GC and lylat wars was basically the perfection of the 3d on rails shooter.

i think it needs to go a step further and start going the freespace route..with freelancer controls. more freeform and epic battles and the ability to command ure squad would be excellent. the series already has the different models of arwing (bomber, interceptor, all rounder and so on) so its not like they would be breaking any starfox rules.

and for god sake cut out that on foot nonsense. not even tanks. planetry assaults would be kewl but keep it in the air guys.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

imho starfox needs an overhaul. the series got messed up on the GC and lylat wars was basically the perfection of the 3d on rails shooter.

i think it needs to go a step further and start going the freespace route..with freelancer controls. more freeform and epic battles and the ability to command ure squad would be excellent. the series already has the different models of arwing (bomber, interceptor, all rounder and so on) so its not like they would be breaking any starfox rules.

and for god sake cut out that on foot nonsense. not even tanks. planetry assaults would be kewl but keep it in the air guys.

osan0

/thread

croogix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 croogix

Personally, I hope they continue from the story line of Krystal rejoining star fox as well as Dash being the ruler of venom. That would give a new enemy, and that long romace between Fox and Krystal wouldn't just halt. Seriously, they messed up when they did that.

Anyways, hope fully they'll make Fox be on the ground a couple times again. Maybe some martial arts combined with weapons? Maybe having other characters fight along side you? 2 player missions? Customizeable weapons and suits? Oh the possibilities.... However, I still say they should make that arwing control system for the wii remote to fit into. That would be cool. Maybe some more units too, such as... the resurection of the old sub. I can't remember the name... heh. Oh! And bring in a new Great Fox, the new version of it looks like the SNES version, and that sucked.

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
If they dare make the story as "hopeless-romantic" as the DS game, I'm quitting gaming.
papardarpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 papardarpop
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

Fox mcloud=GOD

This game =GODS dad

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
More like Starfox 64. Less like everything else since then.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
As long as he never leaves the Arwing to go on foot,it might be better than all of the GC Star Fox titles.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

It will be said at E3 and I betta that they are going to use the Wii Zapper.

slgnbenchwarmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 slgnbenchwarmr
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts

I feel like the pieces have been there to put a terrific Star fox game together; they just need to be put together correctly. For one thing, keep Fox in the Arwing. That is how the series got its popularity. Another thing, the Wii has the potential to have the absolute PERFECT control scheme for a Star Fox game. I like the idea someone had regarding using the Wii remote as a joystick, however, that would be slightly uncomfortable due to the shape of the remote itself. If there was an attatchment in the game's packaging to make the remote more like a joystick, I would be all for that control scheme.

Also, I thought the music was an integral part of what gave Star fox 64 such an adrenaline rush. Keep the ball rolling. I liked the music in Star Fox: Assault.

CloudStrife645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 CloudStrife645
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
they should make one kind of like starfox assault
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
Why not nunchuk and wiimote pointing, that would work well. I would also like to see bigger ares where even your team mate actually kill villains and shoot the bosses. Areas could be harder and the bosses having more hit points but the game would be balanced out by having the other memebers taking part in the action. It would seem more immersive than just: please fox save me" annorying thing.vnc20100
Yeah that sounds great, also a co-op mode would be a great addition if possible. Maybe even an online mode?
rexCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 rexCo
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
I'm actually hoping for some kind of vehicle/on foot mix in certain situations. I think it can be done well if they put the time into it and perfect the controls. Maybe even make it first person if they have to, although I think I'd prefer 3rd...
Anyways, I just hope Nintendo takes this game seriously, develops it themselves, and breathes life into both single and multi player modes.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
ea it will most likely be announced at E3
Avatar image for shadowmaster555
shadowmaster555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shadowmaster555
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I honestly hated the on-foot missions in assault. the controls didnt work as well as they could, and Fox had only two walking speeds; "stop" and "too fast". As for aireal combat, I feel that the on-rails concept should be completely trashed and let the flying in the hands of the player, like in the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series. As for controls, A control stye similar to exite truck would be ideal for piloting an arwing if you think about it.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
They shouldnt do anything fancy do pretty much a Star Fox 64 clone. More Levels where its not on rails they always have like 2 or 3 but there should be more. Controls should be simple IR to aim stick to move A and B to shoot bombs.i No walking around Just the Arwing Landmaster and the Blue Marine Submarie add more uniqure features to each of the vehicles more mission based not just get to the end of the level and beat the boss and co-cop multiplayer online and off where each player takes control of a different vehicle in the same level to help complete the mission.
Ngamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ngamer07
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

keep fox in the cockpit please,but a few on foot missions wouldnt hurt.i thought assault was solid,not great.... online is a must as well.

eat lightning and crap thundah!

Arowscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Arowscott
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

starfox would be a great game for abusing online, i enjoyed the multiplayer for command, just scale it up to about 32 people like mentioned before. also on foot missions wouldnt be horrible if they just take time on it and pay attention to making the controls work for both arwing and fox, tilting the wiimote isnt the best controls for fox ;however, their great for the arwing, but it would be great if they can make both gameplays work

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Star Fox like Warhawk, but with a single player campaign please.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Hopefully, it will be more like SF64, except with motion controls, because I wasn't a fan of either of the GC versions.
doctores143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#39 doctores143
Member since 2007 • 3016 Posts

if it is true i hope its like starfox assult where u can walk aroundjude11

Me too. I just hope they dont make it dumb like some of the ground missions in assualt like fichina and whatever the second level is called.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
if it is true i hope its like starfox assult where u can walk aroundjude11
i agree...but make the on-ground controls alot better
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts
This along with F Zero is my most wanted Wii game (because I don't believe a new Metroid or Zelda are anytime soon) but I have to say that I am on my knees begging for them to not use the Wiimote on its side steering. For a flight game especially it would disturb the flight mechanic. Wiimote on its side has been done, it comes off as lazy, it doesn't do the control scheme for the Wii justice, and its just not as fun for me. Like someone else said using the nunchuk to steer and the wiimote to point and aim would be sick! Plus you could use both hands in tandem to pull off different maneuvers like pulling back and barrel rolls and whatnot Either way though, I hope its coming and feel it will rock.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me.
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

if it used the Wii wheel, how would you aim to shoot?

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
i hope thay do come out with a new starfox. I would like a more sim like starfox. more like the old freespace 2 game. controls would be cool if thay made you hold the Wii mote like a flightstick for controling the airwing, The analog stick could allow you to look around ect. I just hope its all airwing and no ground based missions. And a more free open enviroment to dog fight in.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I've played every last Star Fox game and just LOVE the series...so hopefully they'll release a Wii Star Fox game that's more grounded to what the first game was and not as much as the adventure one.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

im thinking of a more intense star fox, 32 person online, as a shooter and a flight game. oh ya.stoneyjack

Amen :) *drool*

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

I think they should keep Star Fox Wii's controls simple, for example, Nunchuck and Wii Remote; the Nunchuck would steer with the analog stick, and possibly the C and Z button on the back could be used for barrel rolls and other things.

The Wii Remote should be pointed at the screen for shooting and the B button would shoot. The A button could be slowing down or speeding up.

These are just ideas, we should look for more at E3, hopefully there will be something on it... And oh yeah, I hope there is both ground and space levels to it, but mostly space levels. I also think there should be 32 person multiplayer as well as 2 to 4 player online and offline co-op.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
Yea,its Probably going to be at E3 70% chance it will 100% chance it will be on the wii period,because Starfox has be on every nintendo consoles except gameboy,because starfox graphics doesnt fit gameboy lol! anyways yea The game should be mostly made up of Air and space missions! maybe 4 Landmissions and thats it! and Online Should be good to it might be actually competative like brawl lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts
As for online, lylat wars was sorta squad based so they could make a four-player co-op mode, after all it is TEAM starfox. also, in competative online, when you die you'll have to fall out of the sky in a massive ball of flame and explode when you hit the ground. just to make it all the more embarrassing for the loser and more satisfying for the winner.
Wumpa-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Wumpa-Guy
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
On rails shooter. I don't give a crap about how it's controlled, just make it awesome and have Peppy say "DO A BARREL ROLL!" and "USE BOMBS WISELY!"