Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I agree that they ruined battle mode, and the character selection is pretty bad... none of the other stuff really.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

tell them about the whack roster as well !

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

TC is just mad because he can't come in 1st place 90% of the time like in previous games in the series. This one actually takes a lot of skills, knowledge of the shortcuts, and luck to come in first.

Dom_Hawk_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Dom_Hawk_basic
Member since 2002 • 411 Posts

@greenmagic469:

It could be worse it could be Mario Kart for the original Wii. That game had great maps (because they mostly came from the N64 version of the game) but the controls and sense of velocity were way off and unenjoyable. I've been playing Mario Kart since Kart64 and so far the only one I've truly hated was that Wii disaster. This game is much better and I found the controls to be intuitive. You are entitled to your opinion; However, I don't agree.

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ZyroXZ2
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

And people thought MY entrance into the forums was bad... :P

Seriously, though, I think everyone has pretty much said what needed to be said. I also have the same fear as someone mentioned earlier: the TC does not actually own the game.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

@Pixel-Perfect said:

I agree that they ruined battle mode, and the character selection is pretty bad... none of the other stuff really.

agreed

ajthabeast05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ajthabeast05
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Troll alert

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

So this failure just managed to push 2 million units in a single month

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@greenmagic469: get the Wii U Pro controller. Honestly turned it into a completely new game for me. Otherwise I'd use the nunchuck and joystick. The touchscreen gamepad makes the experience horrid for me.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

so this thread is a fail, MK8 is awesome and sold a lot of copies.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

The Game is a failure because you don't like it, Okay buddy because last time I check the world doesn't orbit around you

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

So this failure just managed to push 2 million units in a single month

It sold so much because while this is a stripped down version of Mario Kart it came at a reduced price at most retailers, a free game, and 5 dollars eShop credit for most users.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#63 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Disagree with almost everything you said. Just because you personally don't like it, doesn't mean it's a failure. It's quite the opposite, actually.

This. You are entitled to your opinion TC, but everyone I know says MK8 is by far the best in the series. Leagues better than MK7 or Wii.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#64  Edited By Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Although I dont believe it is a failure (I cant imagine any mario kart game to fail), it was still an underwhelming game, as was 7. The game feels too showy and fancy, with tricks starting to feel repetitive and unnecessary (If you want a trick racer done right just get excitebots). Anti grav is cool, but doesn't make up for an unsatisfying item arsenal. I cant believe fake item block is still removed. And not even the mega mushroom. Stuff like that is why I like wii version better. But that's just how I see my perfect mario kart; more focus on items, rather than tricks

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#65 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Other than your control complaints, I disagree with EVERYTHING you said. The controls are marginally worse than previous entries, but this is still the reason I bought a WiiU, and is absolutely fantastic.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

-lists opinions

-states they are facts

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I agree with the OP on some aspects.

The kart handling is WAY too goddamned easy. I started on the SNES version and there were a million ways to crash, fall of the track etc. There were also ton of ways to do crazy things like skip parts of the track with risky maneuvers that you could master with practice. This one goes way out of its way to make it damn near impossible to make any kind of significant mistake. I think the game has been dumbed down to a point where its just sad.

The graphics are fine to me, but they have noobified this game beyond belief and that to me makes it one of the worst incarnations.

mowerdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mowerdude85
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

Mario Kart 8 is and ok game but not the best Mario Kart game, I would play the battle mode all the time on the Wii version online about every day but with Mario Kart 8 I have only played the battle mode just a hand full of times since I purchased it on day one.

Avatar image for theguitarguy321
theguitarguy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#69 theguitarguy321
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

1) The roster: I'll admit the roster from MK Wii was better,(Pink Gold Peach WTF?!?) but its not that big of a deal.

2)The controls: Rule of thumb-If one method doesn't work, try another. You don't have to just use the gamepad. Try using the Wiimote and attachments you may have(I recommend the classic controller).

3)Maps-Dude, seriously? These are some of the best maps that Nintendo has made in the entire MK series!

4)Battle mode: It can be fun at times, but really the racing is all that matters

5)Overall-This is a great game. Do you know how much $$$ Nintendo is going to make because of this game? This will easily become(if it hasn't already) a best seller.

Jon99N2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jon99N2014
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

EA Firemonkeys REAL RACING 3 (Freemium app for ANDROID and iOS) has 95 model-licenced racing cars, 11 location-licenced race courses, a songtrack with 13 recording artist-licenced New Wave songs, and in-game racing progress currency to purchase more cars, more racing events, instant car repairs, instant car upgrades, although these take longer without in-game purchasing them, credit card purchasing of even more in-game currency, REAL RACING 3 has weekly time trial events, REAL RACING 3 has online 8-multiplayer racing, and REAL RACING 3 offers free trips to Italy to meet the devs!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#72 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The Battle Mode is lacklustre and some of the characters added are poor choices but tracks,music and gameplay is the best its ever been.

tiny_rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 tiny_rick
Member since 2015 • 284 Posts

@chocolate1325: That necro

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@greenmagic469: You should stop using the Gamepad, because it's about as much fun as using a WIimote to play (hint: it sucks and isn't fun)

get a pro controller and play the game how it should be played, the controls aren't that bad with a normal controller and actually really nice.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

There is no need to bump this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#77 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

In @almatha's defense, it is interesting to read this critique now, nearly 3 years (has it been that long since MK8 came out?? ZOMG!!?!?!?!) since MK8's release.

Some of the OP's sticking points with this game are now being addressed. Might be 3 years too late, but still, it's good on Nintendo to address what many said was a lackluster battle mode, and they even added more tracks and things to make it a much more well-rounded MK game.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Papermario
Member since 2016 • 245 Posts
@greenmagic469 said:

#So I managed to play Mario Kart 8 for awhile the other day, and I'd like to share my consensus...

First off, let me say that I've been a fan of the series since MK64. While MK64 is probably the one which holds the best/most memories for me, my personal favorite is Double Dash, mostly due to the great choice of weapon items and tracks. I even thought MKDS and MK7 were decent iterations in the franchise, but honestly, MK8 is garbage.

Rather than go on and on about why this is probably the worst entry in the series, let me highlight some of my main complaints:

- A ton of lame and lesser known characters while also missing good ones.

- Uninspired maps.

- Worse weapons, fewer weapons.

- I hear everyone boning about the controls. Are you kidding me? These are some of the worst controls in any MK game I've played. The A button is your gas pedal, but the bottom left trigger is used for shooting items? What the ****? Not to mention, rounding corners is awkward, thanks partially to the obtuse WiiU gamepad.

- Aside from the visual style, which is always colorful and creative in keeping with typical Nintendo graphics, this is not a great looking game. Sure, it's better than MK7, it's high resolution, it has a higher polygon count than what you'd expect, but these graphics wouldn't have looked out of place in a 360 or PS3 launch game.

- The new features feel cheap and tacked on. My advice for Nintendo would be, if you're going to add something like personalized karts to a game, make it a little deeper and more engrossing than allowing you to pick simply a a kart, wheel, and parachute. I get it, the game is supposed to be "accessible", except adding optional features like deeper kart customization in no way impacts the casual experience of most players who probably won't even explore the game to that extent anyway.

- The battle mode.... Oh my god, the battle mode. Who doesn't have great memories of playing on the trippy, colorful, blocky battle maps of MK64, or even Double Dash? Playing deathmatch in karts was all too fun, and the balloon system worked well for the arena style. Now, the battle mode is barely distinguishable from a regular kart race. What the ****? Nintendo, you're going to take out one of the best features of the game, which would have been easy to replicate or improve upon, and slap the name on a rehashed racing mode? That is just shoddy work.

Whatever minor improvements Nintendo made to Mario Kart this time around are, frankly, overshadowed by the negative aspects. I was sorely dissapointed by what MK8 brought to the table, and honestly, while this might sell 2 million copies, it's never going to be the big hitter than Nintendo needs, and it surely won't be receiving support from me.

i pretty much agree... but you have those who will settle for anything or make excuses for the game... lame roster... some lame maps ... nothing major compare to the other MKs battle mode sucks.... they have better graphics the problem with mk8 is hasn't improved they may has made some changes but not improvement its a big difference between changes and improving things....

the game isn't terrible just average

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

My rankings are very different from yours. I personally thought Double-Dash was the second worst Kart ever. The tracks were all super short and basic. MK8 has been my favorite since MK64. It's the first Kart in a while where driving is key to success more so than item drops. It's also gorgeous. The only reason why it's #2 is because it didn't have battle mode. It will probably still be #2 even with battle mode because it doesn't have the N64 Block Fort which was the best battle arena ever IMO.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@popeanonymousxv: Motorstorm looked damn good, probably as good as MK8 just a vastly different art style.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Roster of characters has too much filler yes. We don't need fifty shy guys, all the bowser siblings or a dozen yoshis.

I'd also like two players on one kart but that is a minor nitpick :)

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@timmyp1982 said:

No classic battle mode with balloons? So they screwed it up again...

This thread is from 2014.

bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bardockdiaper
Member since 2017 • 25 Posts

@ajthabeast05 said:

Troll alert