• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

to get a wii?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

to get a wii?

idill23

Is it too late to buy an nes? No.

Are Wiis still on the shelves? Yes.

Do I reccomend a Wii? Yes.

Is Lil John going to be the next Celebrity Apprentice Winner?!...We'll have to see about that.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

The system and lots of its games are really cheap now, so why would it be?

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 idill23

[QUOTE="idill23"]

to get a wii?

wiifan001

Is it too late to buy an nes? No.

Are Wiis still on the shelves? Yes.

Do I reccomend a Wii? Yes.

Is Lil John going to be the next Celebrity Apprentice Winner?!...We'll have to see about that.

i like your answer!!!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It's not -- Unless you plan on getting a Wii2 the day it comes out [or early on]. It might just be better to wait until it's released and get that instead, then get the Wii games you want to play on the new Wii2.
idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 idill23
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It's not -- Unless you plan on getting a Wii2 the day it comes out [or early on]. It might just be better to wait until it's released and get that instead, then get the Wii games you want to play on the new Wii2.

that is what i am thinking to do. what are the big games this year for wii? I think there is new Kirby coming out and that is a reason i want it. Kirby 64 was so great.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 haziqonfire
As of now basically The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Though there are rumours that Xenoblade and The Last Story will be localized, they are two big RPGs. Kirby will probably come out here as well, along with Rhythm Heaven Wii and Pandora's Tower.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
It depends on the type of gamer you are.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Its not too late to play Wii games. But it might be smart to get them for Wii 2 if its out soon.
idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 idill23
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]As of now basically The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Though there are rumours that Xenoblade and The Last Story will be localized, they are two big RPGs. Kirby will probably come out here as well, along with Rhythm Heaven Wii and Pandora's Tower.

thats not bad. Zelda and kirby make it worth it . Plus smash bros.
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

wait for price cut

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i can either make the wii forums friendly answer and tell you to get the wii, or give you my honest opinion and tell you to get one of the other systems as they're much better ;)
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

wait for price cut

PA_DUTCH
Well obviously wait until May 15th because that's when it's dropping to $150. I'd say get a Wii and start getting games. When the new system comes along sell your Wii towards it and your Wii games will play on it. Seems like the logical thing to do.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

wait for price cut

PA_DUTCH
All 6 days from now. :P
i can either make the wii forums friendly answer and tell you to get the wii, or give you my honest opinion and tell you to get one of the other systems as they're much better ;)starwarsjunky
This opinion is wrong.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="PA_DUTCH"]

wait for price cut

wiifan001
All 6 days from now. :P
i can either make the wii forums friendly answer and tell you to get the wii, or give you my honest opinion and tell you to get one of the other systems as they're much better ;)starwarsjunky
This opinion is wrong.

an opinion can not be wrong. its in the very definition. when i had my wii still, i had to force myself to buy games to TRY to like them on the wii. i just couldn't do it. i bought one of the other systems and haven't looked back since.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]

an opinion can not be wrong. its in the very definition. when i had my wii still, i had to force myself to buy games to TRY to like them on the wii. i just couldn't do it. i bought one of the other systems and haven't looked back since.wiifan001

Opinions CAN be wrong. You have just provided a tremendous example.

Not only am I enhancing your awareness that your opinion is wrong, you also, through me, have learned that opinions CAN be wrong.

You're welcome.

elaborate. how is it wrong then?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 haziqonfire
The opinion that another platform is better than the Wii is not wrong, since it is purely subjective. As for the topic, considering TC was asking whether or not to get a Wii, I don't think it was really necessary to say something like 'The other platforms are much better' - As that was not really related to the topic at hand.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starwarsjunky
The opinion that another platform is better than the Wii is not wrong, since it is purely subjective. As for the topic, considering TC was asking whether or not to get a Wii, I don't think it was really necessary to say something like 'The other platforms are much better' - As that was not really related to the topic at hand. Haziqonfire
thats why i didn't name the other ones by name ;) simply stating it since he's looking to buy a system.
idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 idill23

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The opinion that another platform is better than the Wii is not wrong, since it is purely subjective. As for the topic, considering TC was asking whether or not to get a Wii, I don't think it was really necessary to say something like 'The other platforms are much better' - As that was not really related to the topic at hand. starwarsjunky
thats why i didn't name the other ones by name ;) simply stating it since he's looking to buy a system.

I have a "other system"already . i wanted a wii for a few games i want to play and some gamecube games i missed.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The opinion that another platform is better than the Wii is not wrong, since it is purely subjective. As for the topic, considering TC was asking whether or not to get a Wii, I don't think it was really necessary to say something like 'The other platforms are much better' - As that was not really related to the topic at hand. idill23

I have a "other system"already . i wanted a wii for a few games i want to play and some gamecube games i missed.

just make sure there's enough games that interest you. if you can find 7 or 8 games that you want to get, then go for it. the wii 2 wont be out until sometime in 2012. my guess is late in the year.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

to get a wii?

idill23

If there are enough games that interest you, go for it. Project Cafe is 1 year away MINIMUM, and there are a ton of games backlogged that you can get really cheap now.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

There is a rumoured (has it been confirmed?) price drop coming May 15 with a new Mario Kart Bundle being offered. They are also releasing some classic titles for $20. Pick up Twillight Princess & Smash Bros. and those 3 games will keep you busy for a while in addition to the gamecube games you mentioned that you wanted to play.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 idill23

There is a rumoured (has it been confirmed?) price drop coming May 15 with a new Mario Kart Bundle being offered. They are also releasing some classic titles for $20. Pick up Twillight Princess & Smash Bros. and those 3 games will keep you busy for a while in addition to the gamecube games you mentioned that you wanted to play.

DDRMom
so it would be 149.99 with Mario kart, sounds great to me!! Plus i have to download some older mario games as i dont have a NES
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The opinion that another platform is better than the Wii is not wrong, since it is purely subjective. As for the topic, considering TC was asking whether or not to get a Wii, I don't think it was really necessary to say something like 'The other platforms are much better' - As that was not really related to the topic at hand. idill23

Go for it! the GC had an awesome game lineup
FPSDad1161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FPSDad1161
Member since 2011 • 814 Posts

I would say go ahead and get one or you could just wait for the next Nintendo system to come out. I have a space ready to the left of my original Xbox for the new Nintendo system and I just bought my Wii less than two years ago, but I'm glad I did. Well worth it especially with the price drop.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

DDRMom
Yes, the price drop of the system, the mario kart bundle and the price drop of some specific games is all true.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#28 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
No - but the excitement is at an all time low. In a way, it's too late for that at least...
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

when i had my wii still, i had to force myself to buy games to TRY to like them on the wii.starwarsjunky
You either haven't played Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, House of the Dead: Overkill, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Lost in Shadow, and/or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom... or you're not up for a challenge. Wii has something for everyone, even if you're a LOL HARDCORE GAMER. You just have to know what titles to look into. Heck, S&P: Star Successor alone justifies my Wii purchase, though I love the dozen or so other games I have for it. I enjoy a few "other console" games like Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Nier, but at the end of the day, the Wii (in my opinion) has by far the most diverse lineup of exclusives, even for a jaded guy like me who prefers something "oldschool" in difficulty.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

wait for the announcemnt of the next console , if the next nintendo console will be backward compatibvle with wii and gc there is no point to get it imo , id wait for the new console either way , wii (and wii games)will be sold with a nice discounts imo once the next nintedno will be released

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]when i had my wii still, i had to force myself to buy games to TRY to like them on the wii.pills4louis

You either haven't played Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, House of the Dead: Overkill, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Lost in Shadow, and/or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom... or you're not up for a challenge. Wii has something for everyone, even if you're a LOL HARDCORE GAMER. You just have to know what titles to look into. Heck, S&P: Star Successor alone justifies my Wii purchase, though I love the dozen or so other games I have for it. I enjoy a few "other console" games like Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Nier, but at the end of the day, the Wii (in my opinion) has by far the most diverse lineup of exclusives, even for a jaded guy like me who prefers something "oldschool" in difficulty.

Just add Monster Hunter Tri to that wii list and that is a beast of a little collection. I actually have more games for Wii than I do my 360 and ps3 combined. Love it. plus as i have no room for my gamecube anymore it ticks that box aswell. :)
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

wait for the announcemnt of the next console , if the next nintendo console will be backward compatibvle with wii and gc there is no point to get it imo , id wait for the new console either way , wii (and wii games)will be sold with a nice discounts imo once the next nintedno will be released

AmnesiaHaze
Yeah there is. He could buy it now and start enjoying the games and then sell the Wii towards the new system which is backwards compatible, and only lose a little money. I do that kind of stuff all the time (like when upgrading my DS to every new model). He could probably buy a $150 Wii and then sell it for like $75-$100 online (in US money anyway, don't know what country he's from) and only be out $50 to $75. I'd say that's worth more than a year of entertainment.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pills4louis

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]when i had my wii still, i had to force myself to buy games to TRY to like them on the wii.doll94

Just add Monster Hunter Tri to that wii list and that is a beast of a little collection. I actually have more games for Wii than I do my 360 and ps3 combined. Love it. plus as i have no room for my gamecube anymore it ticks that box aswell. :)

I've been lazy and haven't taken my Wii online yet. As soon as I do, though, I'm planning on getting MHT. I do have several more than this (MadWorld, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes, de Blob, Kirby Epic Yarn, New SMB Wii, and a few others) but I thought I'd list the games which are actually 'oldschool' or 'hardcore' in terms of challenge.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I think it kind of depends. The Wii is pretty cheap now and you'll have a larger library of games to play through, but if there's any chance whatsoever of you buying the next Nintendo console, I'd wait to see if it supports the Wii (and Gamecube) library.

If you're the kind of buyer that tends to wait several years before buying a new system, go for it.

CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

It's never too late to buy a Wii and as others have stated to buy any console.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 doll94

[QUOTE="doll94"][QUOTE="pills4louis"]You either haven't played Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, House of the Dead: Overkill, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Lost in Shadow, and/or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom... or you're not up for a challenge. Wii has something for everyone, even if you're a LOL HARDCORE GAMER. You just have to know what titles to look into. Heck, S&P: Star Successor alone justifies my Wii purchase, though I love the dozen or so other games I have for it. I enjoy a few "other console" games like Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Nier, but at the end of the day, the Wii (in my opinion) has by far the most diverse lineup of exclusives, even for a jaded guy like me who prefers something "oldschool" in difficulty.

pills4louis

I've been lazy and haven't taken my Wii online yet. As soon as I do, though, I'm planning on getting MHT. I do have several more than this (MadWorld, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes, de Blob, Kirby Epic Yarn, New SMB Wii, and a few others) but I thought I'd list the games which are actually 'oldschool' or 'hardcore' in terms of challenge.

ah yeah, I actually havent gone online with MHT yet. but yeah I like all those games you listed, well.. Madworld was a massive disapointment for me. Hows Kirby's Epic Yarn? I keep meaning to pick it up but its still pretty expensive.
metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts

It is always inadvisable to buy an old system, especially with a successor announced and E3 being so close. Wait until E3 before you make your final decision.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pills4louis

ah yeah, I actually havent gone online with MHT yet. but yeah I like all those games you listed, well.. Madworld was a massive disapointment for me. Hows Kirby's Epic Yarn? I keep meaning to pick it up but its still pretty expensive.doll94
Incredibly easy if playing for survival (you literally can't die) but a decent challenge if you're playing for score (you get a "streak" for how many gems you can grab without getting hit). The current Gamestop price (assuming that sale is still going on) for a used copy is worth it, I think.

As for MadWorld, I enjoyed the stages, not so much the bosses. This is in stark contrast to No More Heroes, in which I loved the boss fights but didn't care for the stages leading up to them. Pretty much every boss in MadWorld = "face away from them, spam backflip dodge toward them for invincibility, attack with chainsaw when they aren't attacking you." It didn't let you do any of the fun "torture simulator" stuff from the game's stages, just your chainsaw and the occasional QTE. No More Heroes' mook combat wasn't very deep, and was quite button-mashy as well, but at least the bosses required a bit of strategy, and they all had entertaining personalities. I'd honestly give MadWorld a 7.5/10 for the stages alone, even though most of your kills = "tire/barrel, sign post, rose bush," there were several fun excursions from the formula throughout. Also, I loved the soundtrack (I normally don't enjoy modern rap) and, even more so, the announcers. To each their own, though. I wouldn't call it a great game by any means (same with NMH) but to me, it was a "pure dumb fun" game, and IMO 2009 was so bad for the Wii that it made MadWorld look good.

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

I would recomend you getting one asap... You will just have to be the kind of person to compleats games fast as the Wii2 is coming up. You will have alot of catching up to do with all the great games out now before wii2 hits the shelvs.

Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts
You can get Wii's fairly cheap now, and most games are not that expensive either. I would go for it if i was you, there is still plenty of time before Nintendo's Next-Gen is coming out and if its backwards compatible like some rumors have stated then you can play them on the Wii2 when it is released so nothing will go to waste.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 doll94
Ah .. I will probs pick up Kirby pretty soonish, im in the uk and for some reason its still damn expensive. Might check out ebay for it. And Madworld I suppose wasnt bad enough that I didnt play it. I mean Ive played through the game twice, which admittedly isnt exactly that long, but it wasnt bad enough that I didnt finish it. I do hate the constant waggle motion you had to perform though to do pretty much anything. And I absolutely loved NMH.. although yeah its all about the boss battles. I did actually sorta enjoy just walking around the dead empty city collecting t-shirts though, sad as it may sound.
Brittany5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Brittany5
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts
The Wii has just as a complete lot variety as any of the other consoles this gen. It's been a slow generation, period. if you actually like old school platformers, you'd probably find some wonderful use away from the console. A Boy and his Blob, very Mario Galaxy, and Muramasa are all prime good examples of titles you may possibly enjoy in that regard. There are also tons of digital Console titles worth getting, especially if your old console has broken down on you.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pills4louis

I did actually sorta enjoy just walking around the dead empty city collecting t-shirts though, sad as it may sound. doll94
HAHA, that was a guilty pleasure for me as well. Still missing four shirts, damn it all...

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 doll94

[QUOTE="doll94"]I did actually sorta enjoy just walking around the dead empty city collecting t-shirts though, sad as it may sound. pills4louis

HAHA, that was a guilty pleasure for me as well. Still missing four shirts, damn it all...

yeah I think im missing about 5 or 6.. maybe one day I will go find them.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#45 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts
[QUOTE="PA_DUTCH"]

wait for price cut

AlmightyDerek
Well obviously wait until May 15th because that's when it's dropping to $150. I'd say get a Wii and start getting games. When the new system comes along sell your Wii towards it and your Wii games will play on it. Seems like the logical thing to do.

What he said!
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It is never too late to get a system. The Wii is getting cheaper. A lot of games are cheap. The console launch probably will be like most launches and have only a 1 standout game and 2 good games. If you never had a wii, then you can get quite a lot of cool games

Warioware

Wario Land Shake it

Monkey Ball

Metroid Prime

Metroid Other M

Paper Mario

Zack and Wiki

Mario Galaxy

Smash Bros

Mario Kart

Mario Bros

No More Heroes

Fire Emblem

Punch Out

Muramasa the Demon Blade

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Monster Hunter 3

Prince of Persia

Donkey Kong Country

Goldeneye

Kirby

Sin and Punishment

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Zelda

Excitebots

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#47 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Well, it depends. Can you afford a Project Cafe (I'm guessing anywhere from 300-400) next year? It will be backwards compatible so you'll be able to play the Wii's library. Do you have enough to play right now that you feel you don't need a Wii currently? If you can wait, oh, a year and a half, then don't buy a Wii and get a Cafe.
spy2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 spy2828
Member since 2008 • 656 Posts

when i had my wii still, i had to force myself to buy games to TRY to like them on the wii. i just couldn't do it. i bought one of the other systems and haven't looked back since.starwarsjunky

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EXACTLY like my experience with the Wii!

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

It was never a good time to get a WII from the day it came out.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#50 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

No, it's not too late.