Should I get Red Steel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiidrummer133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 wiidrummer133
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
When i saw the gamespot review i thought to bad i guess it sucked. but then i saw all the player reviews and some were very good. So i need some help from people who have played this game. is it good? does it suck? should i buy it?
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
IMO it's a great game
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

When i saw the gamespot review i thought to bad i guess it sucked. but then i saw all the player reviews and some were very good. So i need some help from people who have played this game. is it good? does it suck? should i buy it?wiidrummer133

If you dont mind learning the controles then its great.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
this is one example of how Gamespot reviews have a reputation of being well crap YES! you should get it my friend brought it over and let me borrow it and its a great game I LOVE IT you should defenetly get it its sooooo fun im hooked i think red steel should have got at least a 7.5 I love it i would give it an 8.5 or 8.0 cause imnot saying its perfect at all but its FOR SURE worthe getting
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts
I don't think Red Steel is worth fifty bucks.  It's actually a bit fun, even though the turning is atrocious.  If you like light gun games at the arcade, Red Steel feels a bit like them, and would have been better if it was on rails.  Give it a rental.  There's not a ton of replay value, since the multiplayer wasn't anything special and I didn't feel the need to replay any of the levels to get a higher ranking.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
The written review is actually pretty good its just the score that bites a little, but I can understand the displeasure if its anyone's first experience with a Wii FPS. You have to re-learn what you have learned from dual-analogue or even a mouse becuase its between the two.
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with Red Steel. Before I bought my Wii on launch I was actually debating whether or not to get Red Steel, due to the very poor reviews I had read. But I can tell you that if you want an FPS for your Wii, Red Steel is definately your best choice. The graphics in the single player are very nice and it has a lot of breakable things in the enviroment. The controls worked sweet for me, and I definately prefer Red Steel's control setup over the dual-analog. Red Steel is surprisingly long, and the mulitplayer is addictive (even though it only includes 4 multiplayer arenas, they are the perfect size and multiplayer for me and my friends has stayed interested for over the 3 months we've all had our Wiis.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
    RENT IT! From a PC gamers perspective/360owner/Wii owner: it's fps down right sucks ass.  It's horrible( framerate).  It's controls are decent but it's framerate basically ruined it for me.  It gets boring a little bit through, so just rent it for a weekend.
Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
Great game, I had a lot of fun with it, but it isn't for everyone.  It takes some time to get used to, but when you get a hang of it, it will be quite some fun. 

The thing that I think could of made this game better, besides the controls being tweaked is the story.  If you buy this game, getting ready for bad voice acting, and a story that is not interesting at all.  I wanted to skip the cutscenes, but they won't let you.  That for me was the worst part of this game.
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts

I don't think Red Steel is worth fifty bucks.  It's actually a bit fun, even though the turning is atrocious.  If you like light gun games at the arcade, Red Steel feels a bit like them, and would have been better if it was on rails.  Give it a rental.  There's not a ton of replay value, since the multiplayer wasn't anything special and I didn't feel the need to replay any of the levels to get a higher ranking.Ptolemaueus

From what I just read, it seems like you've never even played this game. The controls are a bit tricky, but nothing that's impossible to master. And honestly, the turning wasn't bad at all. Actually, once I got into the game, I didn't even notice it. Anyways, Red Steel (and Call of Duty) shows the true potential of FPSs on the Wii.

Az36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Az36
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
I really enjoyed Red Steel.  It does have some glitches, but it is still a solid FPS that's fun, IMHO.  Don't expect it to be perfect, and allow some time to get used to the controls.  You may want to try renting it first, 'cause if you hate the controls, then you're gonna wish you had never bought the game.  But, I would recommend at least giving it a chance.   
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

Don't listen to the reviews on this one. You might like it, but like everyone says It takes a little time to get used to the controller. It's really not a bad game, I had fun time playing it, but once you get used to everything in this game it will start to finish.

If you don't want buy, then rent it.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts
[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]I was pleasantly surprised with Red Steel. Before I bought my Wii on launch I was actually debating whether or not to get Red Steel, due to the very poor reviews I had read. But I can tell you that if you want an FPS for your Wii, Red Steel is definately your best choice. The graphics in the single player are very nice and it has a lot of breakable things in the enviroment. The controls worked sweet for me, and I definately prefer Red Steel's control setup over the dual-analog. Red Steel is surprisingly long, and the mulitplayer is addictive (even though it only includes 4 multiplayer arenas, they are the perfect size and multiplayer for me and my friends has stayed interested for over the 3 months we've all had our Wiis.

I feel the same way :)
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Red Steel is a must-try.
euro96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 euro96
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

Yes controls work well graphics are good compared to the other wii FPS, it has multiplayer which  me and my mates have had fun with and it is very fun singleplayer too.

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
I bought it and thought it was pretty good, just not worth $50. I would wait for it to get cheaper or wait for another good shooter to come out.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I like it.  The controls are ok once you learn them.
-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -HovA-
Member since 2002 • 3773 Posts
Rent only.....
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
IMO it's a great gameangelfly
I would say it's good, IMO. It's worth a buy for Wii-owners.
MrSuicide_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrSuicide_
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts
Rent it. The game has little if no replay value and the low framerates bugged me alot. It would be a waste of 50$ to play it once and leave it alone for a really long time (trust me)
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
It has its moments and once you get used to some of the controls (zooming in and out with sniper took a while :?) it actually plays really well.  I think Red Steel was actually close to being an amazing game but is let down by some severe glitches, but then again I can't remember the last Ubi Soft game I played that didn't fall into that category.  I would buy it yes for the multiplayer alone, although you may want to wait for a price drop as someone on here already suggested.
vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vickersfan
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts
absolutely not.
-KoN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 -KoN-
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts

If you want a game with glitches, stupid A.I, bad graphics, hard controls, a mediocre storyline and lame voice acting then go ahead but RENT it FIRST!

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vickersfan

If you want a game with glitches, stupid A.I, bad graphics, hard controls, a mediocre storyline and lame voice acting then go ahead but RENT it FIRST!

-KoN-
amen
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DTbikerider9

-KoN-

wellyour just the bees knees aren't ya?

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vickersfan
[QUOTE="-KoN-"]

DTbikerider9

wellyour just the bees knees aren't ya?

LOL^.^
-KoN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -KoN-
[QUOTE="-KoN-"]

DTbikerider9

well your just the bees knees aren't ya?

It deserved a 5.5 and you know it they rushed the game it should of came out in Jan. or Feb. I guess we'll have to wait for Red Steel 2.

clank107-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clank107-9
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
heck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-KoN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -KoN-

heck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!clank107-9

wow 181 explanation marks its a new record.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DTbikerider9
Well you listen here BUTTERSCOTCH
-KoN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -KoN-

Well you listen here BUTTERSCOTCHDTbikerider9

you make no sense what so ever

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DTbikerider9
thanks thanks alot
ignoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#33 ignoman
Member since 2003 • 992 Posts
Rent it.  Its an unpolished FPS with sketchy controls.

silver_986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silver_986
Member since 2006 • 750 Posts
I don't think Red Steel is worth fifty bucks.  It's actually a bit fun, even though the turning is atrocious.  If you like light gun games at the arcade, Red Steel feels a bit like them, and would have been better if it was on rails.  Give it a rental.  There's not a ton of replay value, since the multiplayer wasn't anything special and I didn't feel the need to replay any of the levels to get a higher ranking.Ptolemaueus
It should be worth$25-$30!