Should I get Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
I heard it was a pretty good game, any thoughts on it, would you recommend it and why
Avatar image for Space_Godzillla
Space_Godzillla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Space_Godzillla
Member since 2004 • 4100 Posts

Ace Attorney is an interesting genre, it turns something like court room drama and turns it into something fun. The game is heavily text based so if you are going into this thinking your getting recorded voices, don't. The game has that anime art style, and it works great.

Anyways the game starts off in the courtroom where you'll take on your first case, the first game contains 5 cases, the last being added for the DS release. Through the cases you will be investigating and examining crime scenes looking for clues and evidence, also exchanging somewhat humorous and insightful conversations with the townsfolk/witnesses. The game has a great story and plot, many plot twists and a cast of colorful, awesome characters. It can be pretty lengthy, especially if you take your time with it. I totally suggest the game to any DS owner whos interested to try it out.

flowerpedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flowerpedal
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts
is a great game...i would recommend it~ i really enjoyed playing it.. although sometimes it could get a bit frustrationg when ur stuck. Each of the cases has a pretty interesting storyline...and it makes u want to know what happens next and who the "real" criminal is lol if you do get the game...you should find it pretty satisfying ^^
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts

Definitely! Without a Doubt!  Phoenix Wright is definitely in my top 3 games. I highly recommend it.

Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
This topic just screams for my recommendation as a Phoenix Wright fan. And yes, you should acquire the game as soon as possible. My reason is that the game contains a story full of mysteries and twists, that once you solve it, you'd think right back and wonder how they come up with such a great story. Finding contractions in one's testimony and finding evidence has never been so much fun. Definitely recommended!
whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

Do you like reading books? Because Phoenix Wright is like a Book on DS.

I keep hearing people saying that the story is fantastic. That doesn't make it a great video game though.

gimo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gimo80
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
It's absolutely fantastic - it's a little bit like a point 'n' click game (Broken Sword, Monkey Island etc) as you have to solve many puzzles that are in the script and in the environment. The game is very clever, but if you're not willing to play a game that actually has no 3D, interactive gameplay, then give it a miss, but otherwise it's a thumbs up from me.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts

I keep hearing people saying that the story is fantastic. That doesn't make it a great video game though.

whosgotthe311
Wow, you obviously haven't played the game so don't start saying "Phoenix Wright is like a book". Do books have great music accompanied with them? Do books have special touch screen functionality and interactivity? Do books have characters shown by sprites? The only thing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney has in common with a book is that it has text in it and it has a great story.
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
yes. bc its fun
VilgeDuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 VilgeDuin
Member since 2004 • 424 Posts

Phoenix Wright can kiss my keister.

I was quite interested in it when it came out and when my girlfriend and I got our DS in December 2005 we were intent on getting it. We were told it was discontinued and after calling around only one copy was at an EB on the other side of town. We had no money and feared it would be bought before we had the chance so we traded in a handful of games to make up the value of $40.

The game itself was decent, I quit playing when I got to the 4th case (no specific reason honestly).

It's just seeing it recently for $20 in large quantities is very irritating...

Did teach us the lesson and evils of trading in stuff, and subsequently we will never do so again. 

technofranki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 technofranki
Member since 2005 • 1333 Posts
I highly recommand Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, it's a great game. Someone said in a post above that it was much reading, yes it is, but it's fun reading and the characters in the game are good.
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
its 33% off at the gamestop near me =\
MadTomBonney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 MadTomBonney
Member since 2005 • 2690 Posts
Yeah its a great game, and you'll probably find yourself spending more time on it than you thought you would as you search for the killer. I wasnt going to buy it but it came in the bundle with my ds and im so glad it did!
whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whosgotthe311
[QUOTE="whosgotthe311"]

Platyphyllum

Wow, you obviously haven't played the game so don't start saying "Phoenix Wright is like a book". Do books have great music accompanied with them? Do books have special touch screen functionality and interactivity? Do books have characters shown by sprites? The only thing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney has in common with a book is that it has text in it and it has a great story.

Linear game play, a port of what was supposed to be a GBA game and very poor and predicatable story line. I did play it and I disliked every moment of it.

Don't waste your time or money.

mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
Answer: YES!!! Several Reasons Why?: It's very fun It's funny It's a great game Very intersting to see how the case turns out Because I said so :P
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts

All people who are slagging Phoenix Wright, you're forgetting the main and initial intent when it comes to video games: They are meant to be fun.

Does Phoenix Wright qualify? Definitely! Sure, there is a lot of reading involved, but that doesn't make an excellently thought-out game like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney an unworthy game. It's lengthy, the story is great, and when you get through certain especially high-tension courtroom battles, you actually feel as if you've accomplished something. That's a lot more than most of the games these days can actually contest to!

Whoever says this game is predictable is totally off their rocker, some of the later cases are so deep there is no way you could have predicted everything that ended up really happening. I believe that those slaggers of the game are the ones who were disappointed that the game wasn't as good as they thought it would be because of the hype, and now have grown a huge dislike for the game mainly because it's gaining a lot of attention that they believe it really doesn't deserve.

Let me say this right now: It deserves every bit of praise it gets, because the developers and writers put a lot of hard work and effort into making an engrossing, captivating game that is refreshingly different from the typical cookie cutter games that come out these days.

NewDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NewDon
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts

I'm on the fourth case in this game so I can sort of understand the poster who said the gameplay was linear.

Still it's a lot of fun to play, and I wouldn't slag off a game just because it forced you to read.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

I'm on the fourth case in this game so I can sort of understand the poster who said the gameplay was linear.

Still it's a lot of fun to play, and I wouldn't slag off a game just because it forced you to read.

NewDon

It's not just cause it's about readin. i do not plan on buying this not even for 33% off. the game has no replay value after you beat it , why? cause the Linear and once you read the story a second playing isn't gonna do much for you. GS should be ashamed of themselves for giving PW AA a 8.8 and FF3 and Etrian 7.8.

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
It looks way too expencive based on the ebay prices and prices at EB Games and stuff, well just because it's rare so.... Just rent it, beat it, and return it. It's not extremely long either but it's a great game so rent it.
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="whosgotthe311"]

whosgotthe311

Linear game play, a port of what was supposed to be a GBA game and very poor and predicatable story line. I did play it and I disliked every moment of it.

predictable storyline?! i know that after playing a while, the story is somewhat easy to predict. but theres no way i could predict the storyline so easily.

i would never have thought some of the stuff that happened, happened. 

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="whosgotthe311"]

whosgotthe311

You obviously never made it past the second case. Also, even Gamespot says "The story has as many plot twists as an episode of Alias". I wouldn't say it's predictable and poor at all.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="NewDon"]

peacebringer

It's not just cause it's about readin. i do not plan on buying this not even for 33% off. the game has no replay value after you beat it , why? cause the Linear and once you read the story a second playing isn't gonna do much for you. GS should be ashamed of themselves for giving PW AA a 8.8 and FF3 and Etrian 7.8.

So? Is replay value everything? Also, Phoenix Wright isn't just about reading, if you actually MADE IT PAST the first case (which you probably didn't, I don't know why you didn't spend more time with it) you can learn that there's actually an investigation phase where you interrogate witnesses and examine crime scenes, and in court you also get to present evidence (and later on you even get to use the touch screen for unique gameplay elements). You don't just keep tapping the arrow thing on the touch screen and wade through text reading, in fact, I wonder if you even made it past the beginning conversation with Mia. The game also has great music, really colorful graphics (which makes up for the "GBA Quality-ness"), a great story, and very lively characters who actually have a lot of personality. Does Etrian Odyssey have everything listed?

Also, nice job trying to comparing the ratings of two entirely different genres that each have strengths and weaknesses :roll: Think of it like this, Etrian Odyssey is being rated based on how it compares to other RPGs and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is being compared to other Adventure games.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Yes, I just bought it Monday and I love it.
kezlehan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kezlehan
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this, can anyone tell me how long the game lasts for?
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="NewDon"]

Platyphyllum

So? Is replay value everything? Also, Phoenix Wright isn't just about reading, if you actually MADE IT PAST the first case (which you probably didn't, I don't know why you didn't spend more time with it) you can learn that there's actually an investigation phase where you interrogate witnesses and examine crime scenes, and in court you also get to present evidence (and later on you even get to use the touch screen for unique gameplay elements). You don't just keep tapping the arrow thing on the touch screen and wade through text reading, in fact, I wonder if you even made it past the beginning conversation with Mia. The game also has great music, really colorful graphics (which makes up for the "GBA Quality-ness"), a great story, and very lively characters who actually have a lot of personality. Does Etrian Odyssey have everything listed?

Also, nice job trying to comparing the ratings of two entirely different genres that each have strengths and weaknesses :roll: Think of it like this, Etrian Odyssey is being rated based on how it compares to other RPGs and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is being compared to other Adventure games.

I been playing games since the dawn of time. PW was made for casual gamers i am not one. I do not want a game with easy game mechanics, and a saturday Morning catoon stroy, thats not an amazing stroy with that content. It may be funny but funny doesn't = Amazing story. it's just a silly story with mild gameplay put in but it's just not for a hardcore gamer. Nintendo knows it made this for a more casul fan thats those whole point of these games. but just cause casuals love it to death oesn't remove the facts of the game. it's shallow and unreplayable. You know how people still playing Pokemon after they beat it? there looking for everything? does PW offer that? no. once you beat the game chances of you replaying it are limited. and yes Replay value means alot to the purchase of a game expecially one with 5 levels. I don't buy games to beat it in 10 to 15 hr's and never play it again that would be a waste of my money. i buy games thats will last me awhile and i may be able to beat it again  Or play the game online.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 peacebringer
"Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise. The Good: Unique and colorful game; excellent presentation; flawless sound effects; great use of the ds microphone and touch screen; fun adventure elements. The Bad: Sometimes a bit linear; legal inaccuracies occasionally frustrating." "little replayability and Sometimes a bit linear" that used to be bad and dunno how the reviewer can say those 2 things and give the game a 8.8
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

I would hve ot say yes, it is one of the ones I want to pick up.

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Platyphyllum
"Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise. The Good: Unique and colorful game; excellent presentation; flawless sound effects; great use of the ds microphone and touch screen; fun adventure elements. The Bad: Sometimes a bit linear; legal inaccuracies occasionally frustrating." "little replayability and Sometimes a bit linear" that used to be bad and dunno how the reviewer can say those 2 things and give the game a 8.8 peacebringer
Wow, is Replay Value the ONLY thing you care about?
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="NewDon"]

peacebringer

I been playing games since the dawn of time. PW was made for casual gamers i am not one. I do not want a game with easy game mechanics, and a saturday Morning catoon stroy, thats not an amazing stroy with that content. It may be funny but funny doesn't = Amazing story. it's just a silly story with mild gameplay put in but it's just not for a hardcore gamer. Nintendo knows it made this for a more casul fan thats those whole point of these games. but just cause casuals love it to death oesn't remove the facts of the game. it's shallow and unreplayable. You know how people still playing Pokemon after they beat it? there looking for everything? does PW offer that? no. once you beat the game chances of you replaying it are limited. and yes Replay value means alot to the purchase of a game expecially one with 5 levels. I don't buy games to beat it in 10 to 15 hr's and never play it again that would be a waste of my money. i buy games thats will last me awhile and i may be able to beat it again Or play the game online.

You keep bashing PW: AA for having a "weak story". Then explain to me the entire story of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and show me you understand it and prove that it's a "Saturday Morning Cartoon Silly Story". GO on, if you can't then I will come to the conclusion that you only finished the (around) 30 minute 1st case and didn't give the game a second chance.

JMart0492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JMart0492
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

"Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise. The Good:Unique and colorful game; excellent presentation; flawless sound effects; great use of the ds microphone and touch screen; fun adventure elements. The Bad:Sometimes a bit linear; legal inaccuracies occasionally frustrating." "little replayability and Sometimes a bit linear" that used to be bad and dunno how the reviewer can say those 2 things and give the game a 8.8 peacebringer

Haven't you ever seen a great movie that you just couldn't take your eyes off? Well after the movie was over did you watch it over and over again? No, because you new the climax and plot twists. That doesn't mean the movie wasn't fantastic. And movies are usually 2-3 hours right? Well PW:AA is around 15. And it's fantastic and I had a great time getting through the stories.

And don't come back saying, "Then if PW:AA is like a movie, I'll just go watch one." You know darn well they aren't the same, and I was just giving a concrete example.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 peacebringer

[QUOTE="peacebringer"]"Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise. The Good:Unique and colorful game; excellent presentation; flawless sound effects; great use of the ds microphone and touch screen; fun adventure elements. The Bad:Sometimes a bit linear; legal inaccuracies occasionally frustrating." "little replayability and Sometimes a bit linear" that used to be bad and dunno how the reviewer can say those 2 things and give the game a 8.8 JMart0492

Haven't you ever seen a great movie that you just couldn't take your eyes off? Well after the movie was over did you watch it over and over again? No, because you new the climax and plot twists. That doesn't mean the movie wasn't fantastic. And movies are usually 2-3 hours right? Well PW:AA is around 15. And it's fantastic and I had a great time getting through the stories.

And don't come back saying, "Then if PW:AA is like a movie, I'll just go watch one." You know darn well they aren't the same, and I was just giving a concrete example.

There you go like you said. if your comparing it to a movie but longer and after i play it i won't watch it you just gave a perfect example. The only thing is i can get games $10 i will play over and over because they have fun game mechanics that you control and are able to come back to the game and play it. Thats the problem PW AA could have done alot more than that it's a cheap game cost maybe $100 to make in someones backyard on a burrowed GBA dev kit(exajuration) and it's already on part 4 in Japan. This is milkage at it's finest. One day there add way more to PW and you guys will be screaming how great is. you know what that new stuff will be? Gameplay. then i will buy it. till then i can listen to people compare it to a Book or Movies. I just love it though cause PW is 29 and the game no one bought  Viewtiful Joe was $12 used.
JMart0492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JMart0492
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
[QUOTE="JMart0492"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"]"Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise. The Good:Unique and colorful game; excellent presentation; flawless sound effects; great use of the ds microphone and touch screen; fun adventure elements. The Bad:Sometimes a bit linear; legal inaccuracies occasionally frustrating." "little replayability and Sometimes a bit linear" that used to be bad and dunno how the reviewer can say those 2 things and give the game a 8.8 peacebringer

There you go like you said. if your comparing it to a movie but longer and after i play it i won't watch it you just gave a perfect example. The only thing is i can get games $10 i will play over and over because they have fun game mechanics that you control and are able to come back to the game and play it. Thats the problem PW AA could have done alot more than that it's a cheap game cost maybe $100 to make in someones backyard on a burrowed GBA dev kit(exajuration) and it's already on part 4 in Japan. This is milkage at it's finest. One day there add way more to PW and you guys will be screaming how great is. you know what that new stuff will be? Gameplay. then i will buy it. till then i can listen to people compare it to a Book or Movies. I just love it though cause PW is 29 and the game no one bought  Viewtiful Joe was $12 used.

Try $15

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="JMart0492"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"]"Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise. The Good:Unique and colorful game; excellent presentation; flawless sound effects; great use of the ds microphone and touch screen; fun adventure elements. The Bad:Sometimes a bit linear; legal inaccuracies occasionally frustrating." "little replayability and Sometimes a bit linear" that used to be bad and dunno how the reviewer can say those 2 things and give the game a 8.8 peacebringer

There you go like you said. if your comparing it to a movie but longer and after i play it i won't watch it you just gave a perfect example. The only thing is i can get games $10 i will play over and over because they have fun game mechanics that you control and are able to come back to the game and play it. Thats the problem PW AA could have done alot more than that it's a cheap game cost maybe $100 to make in someones backyard on a burrowed GBA dev kit(exajuration) and it's already on part 4 in Japan. This is milkage at it's finest. One day there add way more to PW and you guys will be screaming how great is. you know what that new stuff will be? Gameplay. then i will buy it. till then i can listen to people compare it to a Book or Movies. I just love it though cause PW is 29 and the game no one bought Viewtiful Joe was $12 used.

Well guess what? You can get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for $19.99 NEW and you can get

- a fun game to play that's quite long even if it doesn't have that much replay value (much like Freedom Fighters)

- great music (especially the Objection! music)

- nice colorful visuals (Something that some other games don't have! They might have "realistic" graphics but I don't see what the point is if it's all just grey and lifeless like 50 Cent: Bulletproof)

- a great story (something that a lot of FPSes and Racing games don't have)

- colorful and lively characters with lots of personality (oh look, something that quite a bit other genres don't have! Wow, maybe you're just looking at bad side of Ace Attorney and not even looking at the good things about it!)

- get to be smarter depending on how much you know (I knew nothing about court procedures, ballistic markings, and what a bunch of words meant before I played Phoenix Wright)

- a game with smart, witty, and funny dialogue (Wow, look! Another thing this game has that others don't!)

- nice touch screen controls on the 5th case of the game (which is also the longest part of the game)

- the awesome feeling you get when you present a piece of evidence to court and rub it into the face of a witness who is lying

- fun adventure elements

- lots of plot twists to keep you playing meaning the story doesn't get too dull

-  flawless sound effects

- almost NO slowdown (unlike other games like Sonic Rush which has minor slowdown when there's a HUGE boss battle)

- dramatic scenes (if you haven't played Phoenix Wright, then trust me, you DO NOT know how much emotion and drama can be shown through sprites)

You may notice that this game has a lot of elements that other games do not! It just doesn't have replay value and "the best" gameplay (what did you expect? It's an ADVENTURE game) but it has other things to enjoy and 15-25 hours is enough time to enjoy them. All that you can seem to see is that "It has no replay value so it sucks". Well guess what? I don't like FPSes because of their rather thin story and overuse of World War II (not to mention that quite a bit of them  setting but I never go around bashing one like you do with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney saying "The story is so thin, how am I supposed to have an incentive to play this game?". Why not try being more considerate? Also, if you don't like the Adventure genre then just keep quiet about it! You can say from time to time that "I don't really like Adventure games" but don't go bashing a certain like PW: AA continuously for a long time.

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

holy shi- is this a book or gamespot? you dont need to type a page long reply O_O

(on topic) go for it :P 

Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
Uh, just buy the damn game. It's one of the best.
SharinganEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SharinganEye
Member since 2004 • 3605 Posts
Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Platyphyllum
Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?SharinganEye
That's another wonderful example. A little on the short side but nonetheless, it got an 8.7 and is loved by many PS2 owners and achieved the "Greatest Hits" title. Let's just point this out to you peacebringer, replay value isn't everything. It will be needed if a game developer wishes to create a "perfect" game but you must also take into consideration the graphics, sound, story, depth, etc., not just the gameplay and replay value.
whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 whosgotthe311
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="NewDon"]

Platyphyllum

I been playing games since the dawn of time. PW was made for casual gamers i am not one. I do not want a game with easy game mechanics, and a saturday Morning catoon stroy, thats not an amazing stroy with that content. It may be funny but funny doesn't = Amazing story. it's just a silly story with mild gameplay put in but it's just not for a hardcore gamer. Nintendo knows it made this for a more casul fan thats those whole point of these games. but just cause casuals love it to death oesn't remove the facts of the game. it's shallow and unreplayable. You know how people still playing Pokemon after they beat it? there looking for everything? does PW offer that? no. once you beat the game chances of you replaying it are limited. and yes Replay value means alot to the purchase of a game expecially one with 5 levels. I don't buy games to beat it in 10 to 15 hr's and never play it again that would be a waste of my money. i buy games thats will last me awhile and i may be able to beat it again Or play the game online.

You keep bashing PW: AA for having a "weak story". Then explain to me the entire story of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and show me you understand it and prove that it's a "Saturday Morning Cartoon Silly Story". GO on, if you can't then I will come to the conclusion that you only finished the (around) 30 minute 1st case and didn't give the game a second chance.

The game is a Saturday morning cartoon. It even has a case about a Saturday morning cartoon. All that it is missing is the bad guy in the end saying "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you medeling kids!!! Scooby dooby doo!!!!"

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 peacebringer
[QUOTE="SharinganEye"]Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?Platyphyllum
That's another wonderful example. A little on the short side but nonetheless, it got an 8.7 and is loved by many PS2 owners and achieved the "Greatest Hits" title. Let's just point this out to you peacebringer, replay value isn't everything. It will be needed if a game developer wishes to create a "perfect" game but you must also take into consideration the graphics, sound, story, depth, etc., not just the gameplay and replay value.

If a game is being Sold 33% off and they have like 10 to 20 copys per store. means i'm not the only person who deosn't wanna buy that game. If a Game is in a bargain bin what does that tell you about it? It's a game critically aklaimed by a select few of journalist but it's in a bargain bin. the whole point of the EB games day sale is to sell games that didn't sell and they have an abundance ammount of them. that means it was not well received by the public seems more people agree with me than you with there wallets. heres a tip go play FF3 theres a story in it too. Or is that to difficult? try Chocobo Tales theres a funny quirky story in that too. i've played alot of DS games and i have something to compare the games i play with, theres so many games i would play over PW and there not even action games there called RPG's something PW should have strived to be , they didn't wanna do something new they just did something easy that can be done really cheap. Some people paid for it but many more didn't It's the king of Casual games were the game wants you to beat it.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="NewDon"]

whosgotthe311

The game is a Saturday morning cartoon. It even has a case about a Saturday morning cartoon. All that it is missing is the bad guy in the end saying "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you medeling kids!!! Scooby dooby doo!!!!"

Wow, that is the worst counter-argument I have ever seen. So just because there is a case about a Saturday morning cartoon, it IS a Saturday morning cartoon? Do Saturday morning cartoons have murder in them? Wow, Saturday morning cartoons are not 15-25 hours long and have no interactivity in them at all. Wow, it makes me wonder if you even played the game or "heard" that there was a case about a Saturday morning cartoon.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="SharinganEye"]Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?peacebringer

If a game is being Sold 33% off and they have like 10 to 20 copys per store. means i'm not the only person who deosn't wanna buy that game. If a Game is in a bargain bin what does that tell you about it? It's a game critically aklaimed by a select few of journalist but it's in a bargain bin. the whole point of the EB games day sale is to sell games that didn't sell and they have an abundance ammount of them. that means it was not well received by the public seems more people agree with me than you with there wallets. heres a tip go play FF3 theres a story in it too.

I have played Final Fantasy III and I know there's a story in it. What's your point?
SharinganEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SharinganEye
Member since 2004 • 3605 Posts
I wonder oh I wonder where AlexZ is?

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="SharinganEye"]Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?peacebringer

If a game is being Sold 33% off and they have like 10 to 20 copys per store. means i'm not the only person who deosn't wanna buy that game. If a Game is in a bargain bin what does that tell you about it? It's a game critically aklaimed by a select few of journalist but it's in a bargain bin. the whole point of the EB games day sale is to sell games that didn't sell and they have an abundance ammount of them. that means it was not well received by the public seems more people agree with me than you with there wallets. heres a tip go play FF3 theres a story in it too. Or is that to difficult? try Chocobo Tales theres a funny quirky story in that too. i've played alot of DS games and i have something to compare the games i play with, theres so many games i would play over PW and there not even action games there called RPG's something PW should have strived to be , they didn't wanna do something new they just did something easy that can be done really cheap. Some people paid for it but many more didn't It's the king of Casual games were the game wants you to beat it.

I see you edited it. Well, let me just say this to you. The story in Final Fantasy III was TERRIBLE. It's just "You are the 3 Warriors of Light, go defeat the darkness and defeat the evil guy named Xande" (who didn't end up being the evil guy after all and instead ended up being the "Cloud of Darkness). The characters had background stories but Square Enix did nothing with them and only actually concentrated on it a bit with Refia near the beginning and I doubt FF: Chocobo Tales has a story as good as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Also, how is PW: AA NOT something new? have you ever played a game like it before where you're actually a lawyer, get to present evidence, etc., etc.?
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Platyphyllum
I wonder oh I wonder where AlexZ is?

SharinganEye
She hasn't been on for a long time. I wish she was still on Gamespot though, she was awesome! ^_^
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="SharinganEye"]Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?Platyphyllum

I see you edited it. Well, let me just say this to you. The story in Final Fantasy III was TERRIBLE. It's just "You are the 3 Warriors of Light, go defeat the darkness and defeat the evil guy named Xande" (who didn't end up being the evil guy after all and instead ended up being the "Cloud of Darkness). The characters had background stories but Square Enix did nothing with them and only actually concentrated on it a bit with Refia near the beginning and I doubt FF: Chocobo Tales has a story as good as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Also, how is PW: AA NOT something new? have you ever played a game like it before where you're actually a lawyer, get to present evidence, etc., etc.?

the adventure Genre is very old maybe never used a lawyer but adventure games have been around for so long. They stoped making games like that years ago and PW is one of the first in awhile.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="SharinganEye"]Shadow of the Colossus, anyone?peacebringer

the adventure Genre is very old maybe never used a lawyer but adventure games have been around for so long. They stoped making games like that years ago and PW is one of the first in awhile.

Well, I guess you're right.
Avatar image for cloud_strifeXxX
cloud_strifeXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cloud_strifeXxX
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
phoenix wright is a great game. im almost done beating it and i am very impressed. i love the ds interactiviy in the 5th case. its got a great story and good music. i cant wait to get justice for all. its a great game
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Platyphyllum
phoenix wright is a great game. im almost done beating it and i am very impressed. i love the ds interactiviy in the 5th case. its got a great story and good music. i cant wait to get justice for all. its a great gamecloud_strifeXxX
In my opinion, Justice for All isn't as good as the first one, but is still very good! ^_^ Especially the 4th case in it, it gets very intense and dramatic after a while.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Platyphyllum
Also, peacebringer, why aren't you posting? It's no good if we can't finish this argument.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 peacebringer
Also, peacebringer, why aren't you posting? It's no good if we can't finish this argument.Platyphyllum
We will never agree cause i'm to hardheaded :)