Shigeru Miyamoto - the MAN of E3 2008 and the KING OF OWNAGE

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

While everyone here was crying in despair, Miyamoto-sama said three awesome things during E3 that clearly show he is DA MAN and the ultimate Shigginator out there. In an all migthy 3 hits combo, let's see how many people shut up:

1. bu-but teh Wii Music iz teh dumb *river cry*

"Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE! Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The audience laughs and applauds at this verbal *****slap."

Yup yup, the god said it, and there's no denial: WiiMusic is more interesting than a game. For you people who want to believe you play guitar and are a master of videogames, go after your ultra-hardcore Guitar Hero and let Miyamoto do his job and please millions of people by going beyond the definition of gaming.

2. where arez my supa hardcore gamez i need them bcuz im 2 cool for animal crossing buuuuh!! *tidal cry*

"In response to a question about whether or not a new Pikmin is in the works, Miyamoto says he'll announce the new game when he's ready. Apparently he's ready now. "We're making Pikmin," the translator says. OMG MEGATONZ! Huge applause from the audience."

INSTANT SHUT UP. It was actually amazing how everyone over here shut up (except for hardcore haters who decided they would go on with hate because they're too good for Nintendo) after this simple announcement. It was less surprising than Wii MotionPlus and WiiSpeak, yet more effective.

3. do-dont care E3 sucked nitendo is such a looser im gonna sell my wii and buy da ps3!!!1! *ocean cry*

"I think that there's probably one other element to it, and that's that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where — and certainly Nintendo included — catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more… an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we're still working on many of those titles, but it's just not the type of event where we'll be showcasing that anymore."

FACT! After this tidal wave of truth, 99% of the forum woke up and realized what's going on at E3 as whole, except the seeds of evil who insist that Nintendo is just a casual bomb, pf, I thought they gave up spreading the doubt after the Wii murdered the competition. Even MS spent more time on casual stuff than their next killer apps and Sony even gave up their arrogant tone.

So, there it is. Miyamoto talked the undeniable truth. He was more effective than Iwata and Reggie combined this E3. He single-handedly crushed all fear, doubt, hate or disappointment in Nintendo gamers' heart.

Discuss.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I like tacos.

:)

fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
ah yes the power of Miyamoto-sans words soothed the souls of many
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
lol @ the cries
*River Cry*
*Tidal cry*
*Ocean Cry*

I like tacos.

:)

bob_newman

Mhmm. I love em too.
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts
you like tacos i like milkshakes
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
I want tacos!!!
swat1441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 swat1441
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
Jeez the father of Gaming strikes again
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
No John, you are the tacos.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
The "We're making Pikmin" annoucnement doesn't count for anything. Everyone know's they're working on Pikmin, it was boung to happen sooner or later and there were enough hints to automatically assume it. The annoucnemtn was hardly worth applause either, no one was applausing when it was annoucned that the Zelda and Mario teams are working on projects, I don't see what's so special about Pikmin. All his other comments seemed acceptable to a level though.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

So I wonder what event they will decide on to drop some bombs on us then....????

They've been handling things alot differently this time around, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just let the info (when ready) spill out in interviews, web announcements, or even small press conferences. It's always nice when the big events give us what we want though...builds up the excitement.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

1. Wii Music is a piece of crap.

2. Pikmin is nice, but doesn't make up for the embarassing press conference.

3. Nintendo's E3 presentation as a whole was poor this year.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
I want tacos!!!PhazonBlazer
Hey! I recongnize that avatar!! ;)
swat1441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 swat1441
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
TGS is probally where they're going to Drop Megatons. Only real Hardcore gamers would take their time to look up TGS right?
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts

I agree, especially about Wii Music. Miyamoto said the Wii Music would include Drum Lessons.

It would seem that learning how to play the drums is stupid, but pretending that you already know in Rock Band is hardcore.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

I agree, especially about Wii Music. Miyamoto said the Wii Music would include Drum Lessons.

It would seem that learning how to play the drums is stupid, but pretending that you already know in Rock Band is hardcore.

MicWazowski
Maybe it's just me but when I buy a game like Rock Back, I buy it with the intention of entertaining myself and not learning a real instrument. Since when did music lessons make something better anyway? gamers don't play DDR to learn how to dance, gamers don't play guitar hero to learn how to play the guitar, and gamers will not be playing Wii Music to learn how to play the drums.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 danger_ranger95

Does anyone know if the Guitar is a playable instrument???? IF so, I wonder how that will be playd out. Pick with the Wiimote, and finger the frets with the Nunchuk??

But on a serious note...I just wanna play me some Trombone!

Avatar image for deactivated-5add084b23cf4
deactivated-5add084b23cf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 deactivated-5add084b23cf4
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

Well, E3 is called the BIGGEST GAMING EVENT OF THE YEAR, so one would suppose big gaming announcements would be made from the company at 1st place. I never played animal crossing on the GC nor the DS, won't do so on the wii since I'm not interested, nor am I on wii sports resort, nor wii music. I want hardcore games and I admit it. I want a new starfox and a real wii zelda, since, regardless of how awesome it was, twilight princess was just a gamecube port. I want a better online service, I want some new features, and I want them to hear their true fanbase more.

People must admit, it was a BAD conference for US gamers, and I stand true to my word, that I think it BLOWED. People say; oh, they're makinga new zelda, mario, blah blah. Well, even if they said it, it's not enough. Not enough compared to what the competition is offering me, so I'd rather spend my cash on my 360 and ps3, rather than my wii. Oh, sure, there's "the conduit" (I'm almost certain it will pull off a "haze" but I hope it doesn't) and mad world (looks cool, but I need to play it first) coming out, and star wars clone wars.

I mean, did you notice you're anticipating games that are IMO crap compared to the 360's and ps3's 3rd party lineup? I've got all 3 consoles because I'm a lucky son of a family with enough money, but as games come, I must buy them, and I won't be able to buy every single game, so I might as well get those that interest me the most. Now, YOU must admit nintendo screwed us over, and don't look at it like nothing happended. They did screw us over, and I wish they don't do that in the future. One thing's for sure, they care more about their casual market, but I just hope they start caring for those who brought them to be who they are now; their hardcore fanbase

And finally, if you want people to stop complaning, stop complaining about people complaining. It's that simple. : D

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wintry_Flutist

Well, E3 is called the BIGGEST GAMING EVENT OF THE YEAR etc

DarkSan00

It was. Period. Things change, and E3 has changed sometime ago.

Catpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Catpee
Member since 2006 • 2552 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_Cdc4WkG0&feature=related

He says you don't have to know how to play the real instrument....great, I would hope not, but then he goes on to explain that all you really do is waive the controller around however you want, press buttons whenever you feel like it, and the Wii plays the song for you....sorry....that is a tech demo, not a game.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Remember, people, this event used to just be called "E3". Now, it's the "E3 Media & Business Summit"

Notice the part that says "Media & Business"? What part of that suggests "the gamer"?

It's not the event it used to be. That's the bottom line.

At E4All, Nintendo will announce a bunch of stuff. That's their big event.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wintry_Flutist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_Cdc4WkG0&feature=related

He says you don't have to know how to play the real instrument....great, I would hope not, but then he goes on to explain that all you really do is waive the controller around however you want, press buttons whenever you feel like it, and the Wii plays the song for you....sorry....that is a tech demo, not a game.

Catpee

I've heard that before...

Seriously, what's the problem? It's a game that will cater to millions of people that aren't interested in Rock Band and the likes, so... why complain? It ain't the end of the world.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Remember, people, this event used to just be called "E3". Now, it's the "E3 Media & Business Summit"

Notice the part that says "Media & Business"? What part of that suggests "the gamer"?

bob_newman

good point, when is E4 all?

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

AsadMahdi59

good point, when is E4 all?

October, but Nintendo ain't on the exhibitors list.

MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts
[QUOTE="MicWazowski"]

forgot_it

Maybe it's just me but when I buy a game like Rock Back, I buy it with the intention of entertaining myself and not learning a real instrument. Since when did music lessons make something better anyway? gamers don't play DDR to learn how to dance, gamers don't play guitar hero to learn how to play the guitar, and gamers will not be playing Wii Music to learn how to play the drums.

Wii Music will be entertaining. Why are so many people convinced that it won't be? So many instruments with a freeplay mode, a play along mode, and lessons. Not to mention that if you bought a Wii for money reasons, the price of most modern rhythm games will likely turn you off. Rock Band is fun, but why should Nintendo chase after the same niche that Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Rock Revolution, etc already fill when they can dominate in another way. The success of the Wii has proven that their good at that sort of thing.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Well, E3 is called the BIGGEST GAMING EVENT OF THE YEAR, so one would suppose big gaming announcements would be made from the company at 1st place. I never played animal crossing on the GC nor the DS, won't do so on the wii since I'm not interested, nor am I on wii sports resort, nor wii music. I want hardcore games and I admit it. I want a new starfox and a real wii zelda, since, regardless of how awesome it was, twilight princess was just a gamecube port. I want a better online service, I want some new features, and I want them to hear their true fanbase more.

People must admit, it was a BAD conference for US gamers, and I stand true to my word, that I think it BLOWED. People say; oh, they're makinga new zelda, mario, blah blah. Well, even if they said it, it's not enough. Not enough compared to what the competition is offering me, so I'd rather spend my cash on my 360 and ps3, rather than my wii. Oh, sure, there's "the conduit" (I'm almost certain it will pull off a "haze" but I hope it doesn't) and mad world (looks cool, but I need to play it first) coming out, and star wars clone wars.

I mean, did you notice you're anticipating games that are IMO crap compared to the 360's and ps3's 3rd party lineup? I've got all 3 consoles because I'm a lucky son of a family with enough money, but as games come, I must buy them, and I won't be able to buy every single game, so I might as well get those that interest me the most. Now, YOU must admit nintendo screwed us over, and don't look at it like nothing happended. They did screw us over, and I wish they don't do that in the future. One thing's for sure, they care more about their casual market, but I just hope they start caring for those who brought them to be who they are now; their hardcore fanbase

And finally, if you want people to stop complaning, stop complaining about people complaining. It's that simple. : D

DarkSan00

wow my friend i couldnt have said it myself *applauds* . People are saying OMMG new zelda and mario CONFIRMED!!.. confirmed hardly, they gave us zero information as to what they are or what they will be like (i.e. ZELDA BRAIN AGE EDITION, with nintendo being the way they are lately, i wouldnt doubt something like that for one second) when ever the hell they come out.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wintry_Flutist

wow my friend i couldnt have said it myself *applauds* . People are saying OMMG new zelda and mario CONFIRMED!!.. confirmed hardly, they gave us zero information as to what they are or what they will be like (i.e. ZELDA BRAIN AGE EDITION, with nintendo being the way they are lately, i wouldnt doubt something like that for one second) when ever the hell they come out.

VendettaRed07

So, we shouldn't consider what one of the main EAD managers said because he didn't show a picture? Do you people even know what does "confirm" mean?

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Wintry_Flutist

So, we shouldn't consider what one of the main EAD managers said because he didn't show a picture? Do you people even know what does "confirm" mean?

no because we dont know what it is, or how far development they are yeah im ignoring it, how on earth can i get excited about something i have absolutely NO information on? it could be anything you dont know.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

VendettaRed07

no because we dont know what it is, or how far development they are yeah im ignoring it, how on earth can i get excited about something i have absolutely NO information on? it could be anything you dont know.

:?

So you really mean Miyamoto was lying and there's no Zelda, Mario an Pikmin in development? Because that's what you saying.

Luigi420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Luigi420
Member since 2005 • 2949 Posts

I love Shigeru Miyamoto. He is my video game hero. *sighs*

Seriously though, Miyamoto is freakin' awesome.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

That made ocean cry tears of joy.

It's obvious Nintendo still cares, and Miyamoto confirmed it.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
I loved reggie's comments too. He had messages for third parties and messages for the HD twins. If you watch the gttv interviews, Reggies opened the door again to the third parties. I don't think he did a bad job, you had to listen carefully on what he was saying.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wintry_Flutist

I loved reggie's comments too. He had messages for third parties and messages for the HD twins. If you watch the gttv interviews, Reggies opened the door again to the third parties. I don't think he did a bad job, you had to listen carefully on what he was saying. vnc20100

Indeed most people didn't bother going after every interview and such after the "disappointment" that was the press conference, and to be honest, there wasn't any major interview. Still, everyone, even Cammie, made good points during E3.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
you like tacos i like milkshakesMasterx1220

Can I drink your milkshake?

Even though I was dissapointed with E3, you know its all true.
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts

Miyamoto saved Nintendo's E3. Period.

He confirmed what Reggie couldn't, quelled what Cammie was unable, and exuded ability beyond that of Iwata. *Applauds* I'm definitely looking forward to more core games, but for the time being, Wii Sports Resort looks cool.

And for Nintendo's core games this fall: Wario Land: Shake It. Damn but that looks good.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
Shiggy is a GOD. End of story.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts

Shiggy is a GOD. End of story.m1k3m

He is really smart, but everyone scrwed up this year round.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Ah! It all makes sense! The whole E3 thing was just a blur to me anyway... maybe it's because I'm not as avid a gamer as I used to be. I bought three DS games about three weeks ago and only one has been opened and is only half way complete. The old me would have cleared all three with 100% by now. *overflowing toilet cry* :cry: And I think a certain someone here likes tacos way too much. The vast amount he consumed must have made him all inverted and purpley, :P
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 danger_ranger95

Ah! It all makes sense! The whole E3 thing was just a blur to me anyway... maybe it's because I'm not as avid a gamer as I used to be. I bought three DS games about three weeks ago and only one has been opened and is only half way complete. The old me would have cleared all three with 100% by now. *overflowing toilet cry* :cry: And I think a certain someone here likes tacos way too much. The vast amount he consumed must have made him all inverted and purpley, :PZumaJones07

I feel the same way man. Between Work, Women, and my daughter....I really don't have alot of time to play anymore.

I used to be the game aholic...but getting older, your attention is needed else where I gues. I find myself getting into a game for a few days, then not playing it for a few weeks, and so on....

It still takes me around the same time as it used to beat a game...but just spread out over a larger amount of time.

meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
Thanks for posting this. There are no more refreshing words than those that come from the mouth of Shiggy, and I really liked the last one about what E3 is used for in Nintendo's eyes. I hadn't seen that before and it's certainly reassuing to see.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 danger_ranger95

Shigs is the man. I will have to say that.

I just think that he might have "too much of an influence" on the companies'/dev teams decisions.

I'm by no means saying he's losing his touch or anything, but I think some of the Nintendo IPs could have more ptotential if he wasn't playing puppet master. Especially Zelda...

on a side note...I swore I read somewhere that Shigz stated that SMG was the first project he was heavily involved in, and it was of his last as well. Don't quote me on that....but it makes me wonder what SMG2 would be like w/o his supervision.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
The reason people are dissappointed is because they expected big announcements. The anouncements weren't made at E3 because that wasn't Nintendo's purpose there. You can be dissapointed in what E3 has become but not Nintendo.
skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

so you people are happy because miyamoto said that a new zelda is in the works(WE KNEW THIS ALREADY ,WE WILL HAVE A ZELDA WII FFS)

wow he also said that pikmin will come (we also new that pikmin would come)

but when zelda 2011 and pikmin 2010?

the only game he announced is smg2 and that will come 2012 or sth in the end of the wii's life

also animal crossing was coming before e3 so thats not a new game. the microphone is lame and the storage solution isnt even out there.......

i am not gonna even commentfor wii music cause this is a gaming site and i dont consider crap like this games

wow miyamoto owned 100% h"s dah p0wnar gg

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#43 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
Wow, you are REALLY digging hard. I suppose that's to be expected from obsessed fans though after something that bad.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#44 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

The reason people are dissappointed is because they expected big announcements. The anouncements weren't made at E3 because that wasn't Nintendo's purpose there. You can be dissapointed in what E3 has become but not Nintendo. radicalplace

The problem though is that nintendo was the ONLY one who treated it like that. I dunno when E3 became about hte casuals, but every company minus nintendo missed the memo I guess.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

So I wonder what event they will decide on to drop some bombs on us then....????

They've been handling things alot differently this time around, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just let the info (when ready) spill out in interviews, web announcements, or even small press conferences. It's always nice when the big events give us what we want though...builds up the excitement.

danger_ranger95

When they are ready... you obviously know nothing of nintendo......

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wintry_Flutist

so you people are happy because miyamoto said that a new zelda is in the works(WE KNEW THIS ALREADY ,WE WILL HAVE A ZELDA WII FFS)

wow he also said that pikmin will come (we also new that pikmin would come)

but when zelda 2011 and pikmin 2010?

the only game he announced is smg2 and that will come 2012 or sth in the end of the wii's lifeskanjos

Are you sure you read every news properly? :?

Wow, you are REALLY digging hard. I suppose that's to be expected from obsessed fans though after something that bad.kittykatz5k

You got it so wrong I won't even answer.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
Holy rabbid fanboyism, Batman!
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Well I like this post for one thing.

2. That third quote made a lot of people realize what was going on and actually makes a lot of sense. I never abandoned Nintendo and never will, besides I still have like 5 games to beat lol.

3. I watched the entire Sony E3 press conference (for some reason) and Sony was less arrogant but they WERE still arrogant.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Wow, Miyamoto's like a genius. He deflected a few beams of hate away from Wii Music.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Miyamoto-sama is god. What would Nintendo ever do without him?