Ridiculousness of the Gamespot ratings.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stonecold86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stonecold86
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
Why in gods name does Mario Kart 64 get a 6.2? Did I miss something. Gamespot is officially biased. They love the 360, they love the PS3. They love RPG's and Shooters. Good lord, that is unreal. Arguably the best game from in my opinion the best console ever, gets nothing but a 6.2. Come on guys, wake up. And I feel like the Wario Ware 9.1 rating was nothing but a "make-up" rating for Zeldas diddley-poo rating. All I have to say is.... Boo.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Mario Kart is incomplete with glitchy sound and maybe the worst in the series.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts
I wonder if Roger Ebert gets this much hate...
cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts
I agree entirely with you that twilight princess got a low rating and the same with mario kart 64. But if you noticed, gamespot gave mario kart dd a bad review too. They were right in their review when they said it is the worst of the mario kart series, but thats not a bad thing, cuz all the other mario karts are awesome
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Calm down. you have to realize that it is a very poor translated game. the graphics look almost 2d. its very glitchy and the sound is terrible. wait that name sounds very familiar i wonder why. looks down. lmao your my sig.
zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
They had good points. It has aged kinda badly. It is still fun for some people, but you can't expect gamespot to give a good rating because it was fun seven years ago.
kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
[QUOTE="thebad"]From the kart handling to the track design, this is the least appealing version of Mario Kart out there; an audio glitch or two to be found in the emulation; no ghost racer saves; graphics have aged rather poorly./QUOTE] i love this game i think it has the best tracks too. another thing the only thing they care about is graphics because you see the last sentence
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

Well biased yes but not nearly as bad as EGM

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
egm gave loztp 9.9 or 10
Strider212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Strider212
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts
Mario Kart is incomplete with glitchy sound and maybe the worst in the series.Jaysonguy
So is that why every other Mario Kart has used 64 as the main template for the other games? Worst in the series was easily DD. Mario Kart 64 still has some of the better level designs out of the other ones.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

They love the 360, they love the PS3.stonecold86

Yeah, Gamespot LOVES the PS3. I mean, an astonishing 0 games got Editor's Choice!

Arguably the best game from in my opinion the best console ever, gets nothing but a 6.2. Come on guys, wake up. stonecold86

Well, that's your opinion. Gamespot thought that it was the worst in the series. That's their opinion.

And I feel like the Wario Ware 9.1 rating was nothing but a "make-up" rating for Zeldas diddley-poo rating. All I have to say is.... Boo. stonecold86

I felt that it was because they thought that WarioWare was more creative than Zelda.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Mario Kart is incomplete with glitchy sound and maybe the worst in the series.Strider212
So is that why every other Mario Kart has used 64 as the main template for the other games? Worst in the series was easily DD. Mario Kart 64 still has some of the better level designs out of the other ones.

Really the only thing they took from the N64 version is the 3D design
I'm not saying it's a bad game, heck if it was complete I'd get it, it's just not one of the best entries in the series
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
Why does it matter what score they give a game? It is your opinion that counts. If you have friends then you know the glory of Mario Kart 64.
kuthedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 kuthedog
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
I was also disappointed with the review they gave Diddy Kong Racing which was also loads of fun. But to me it doesn't matter they're just people.

Also who ever made this topic you stole my avatar
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts
Oh don't you already know?!?! Gamespot hates Nintendo.
hothead3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 hothead3
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
im not taking anyones side, but i felt the same way about diddy kong racing when it was first released for the N64. the graphics were far better than mario kart at the time, anyone knows that. but it got a far worse rating than mario kart did. mario kart took the scene, when i thought diddy kong racing was a much better game. many people say that this was because diddy kong was released too late, and this is why mario kart did so much better in opinion. as far as gamespot being biased, well they are more biased on games than on systems. nintendo does not sell as many shooters, or war games as the other two systems have. nintendo has always been like that. the only problem for nintendo is, that the markets are in constant demand for more newer and better violent video games. this is where nintendo falters
maplesyrupnjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maplesyrupnjam
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
why do people think 8.8 is a low rating? 8.8 is like a B+ which is almost an A. twilight princess was an above average game, but i dont think it was spectacular compared to the others. 
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Mario Kart is incomplete with glitchy sound and maybe the worst in the series.Jaysonguy
I disagree. It's my fav in the series. (Now replaced by MKDS, though...but it's just a modified MK64 anyway :))
maplesyrupnjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 maplesyrupnjam
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Mario Kart is incomplete with glitchy sound and maybe the worst in the series.Staryoshi87
I disagree. It's my fav in the series. (Now replaced by MKDS, though...but it's just a modified MK64 anyway :))

yea i always thought double dash was the worst, rather, least best
Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts
Yes. We hate Nintendo. Which is why Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime all won Game of the Year. Clearly, we cannot be trusted.
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts
Indeed it is... Also, why do people get so angry at GameSpot? Their just telling you what they think... ITS AMARICA!!! They have the right to say what they believe... And besides, GameSpot is doing all this rating for free (unless you want to pay) so you should be happy...
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts
Yes. We hate Nintendo. Which is why Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime all won Game of the Year. Clearly, we cannot be trusted.Kevin-V
Haha... Nice!
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts
Yes. We hate Nintendo.  Which is why Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime all won Game of the Year. Clearly, we cannot be trusted.Kevin-V

I knew it. It was all just a clever scheme. Make us think you liked Nintendo by giving a few games of theirs Game of the Year. Then admitting to the plan. You Maniacle jerks.
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6280 Posts
why do people think 8.8 is a low rating? 8.8 is like a B+ which is almost an A. twilight princess was an above average game, but i dont think it was spectacular compared to the others. maplesyrupnjam
B+ is bad thats why
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts
why do people think 8.8 is a low rating? 8.8 is like a B+ which is almost an A. twilight princess was an above average game, but i dont think it was spectacular compared to the others. maplesyrupnjam
8.8 is B+? is that an american thing? In canada B+ is 75 and the average is a C/C+ at 67. Maybe I have been looking at these reviews in the wrong way all along. \To me when I see 6.4 for MK64 it seem's right. It was an average game. I loved it because my friends and I would all play it, and it's simplicity drew in my female friends so we could all play together. Double Dash is a much better game because there is much more too it strategy wise on which kart and characters to use. The problem with that is it's harder to pick up and play the first time and completely understand everything. One Last Thing... Did the VC version fix any bugs? i.e. the Wario Stadium hop over the wall at the beginning, or the rainbow road jump at the beginning. Or more importantly the ability to drag the blue spiky behind you making you completely invincible to the person in 2nd.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Yes. We hate Nintendo. Which is why Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime all won Game of the Year. Clearly, we cannot be trusted.Kevin-V
So you admit it!?
Avatar image for thefireflower99
thefireflower99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thefireflower99
Member since 2006 • 1513 Posts
gamespot doesn't appreciate nintendo
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
Man I love sarcasm, it is unfortunate that some people just don't get it.  Well said Kevin-V,..... how dare Nintendo make such horrible games, and for you all to give them Game of the Year! :wink: I laughed out loud:lol:
maplesyrupnjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 maplesyrupnjam
[QUOTE="maplesyrupnjam"]why do people think 8.8 is a low rating? 8.8 is like a B+ which is almost an A. twilight princess was an above average game, but i dont think it was spectacular compared to the others. mistablair
8.8 is B+? is that an american thing? In canada B+ is 75 and the average is a C/C+ at 67. Maybe I have been looking at these reviews in the wrong way all along. \To me when I see 6.4 for MK64 it seem's right. It was an average game. I loved it because my friends and I would all play it, and it's simplicity drew in my female friends so we could all play together. Double Dash is a much better game because there is much more too it strategy wise on which kart and characters to use. The problem with that is it's harder to pick up and play the first time and completely understand everything. One Last Thing... Did the VC version fix any bugs? i.e. the Wario Stadium hop over the wall at the beginning, or the rainbow road jump at the beginning. Or more importantly the ability to drag the blue spiky behind you making you completely invincible to the person in 2nd.

well ill tell you this, in america 6.7 is a D (below average). but that doesnt really matter because its still a 10/10 kinda thing, and schoolwork is kinda different. and no the bugs havent been fixed theyve only gotten worse:(
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts
[QUOTE="mistablair"][QUOTE="maplesyrupnjam"]why do people think 8.8 is a low rating? 8.8 is like a B+ which is almost an A. twilight princess was an above average game, but i dont think it was spectacular compared to the others. maplesyrupnjam

well ill tell you this, in america 6.7 is a D (below average). but that doesnt really matter because its still a 10/10 kinda thing, and schoolwork is kinda different. and no the bugs havent been fixed theyve only gotten worse:(

Ohh okay, I just asked my friend from NYC and she said that a Canadian B is an American A. Not that it's easier or harder in either country, just they are equivalent. I'll take this into account when looking at reviews from US sites. Thanks.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Man I love sarcasm, it is unfortunate that some people just don't get it. Well said Kevin-V,..... how dare Nintendo make such horrible games, and for you all to give them Game of the Year! :wink: I laughed out loud:lol:Smogtoe
I think we all got it were just playing along...
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
So wait...what about the DS/PSP thing?  If GS is giving a ridiculous amount of high ratings for DS games and very few PSP games get above 7, does that mean that GS secretly likes the PSP as well?  DANG THEM ALL AND TELL US THE TRUTH!!!!
deadlashonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deadlashonline
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

egm gave loztp 9.9 or 10kingjazziephiz

Talk about bias. Twilight Princess didn't deserve anywhere near that.

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
ps3 hasnt had anygood ratings
xbox360 has good ratings because its been out longer...call it a ratio
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

oh QQ. gd MK64 sucked. it looked horrible, sounded horrible, and played horrible.

If you want good Mario Kart, AND its online, AND its the best looking, best playing, best sounding game in the series go get Mario Kart DS and then say that.

finalflame_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 finalflame_04
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
mario kart 64 was the worst in the series..end of story
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
So it is true!
midid25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 midid25
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
Why do people care so much about the rating? The only thing that matters in the end is that u enjoy the game. 
katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 katamari
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts
I to could not understand the rating on Wario Ware vs LOZTP. But one thing I do understand . It is only one persons opinion of a game when they give it a rating. I have done a few reviews of my own and probably  very few people agree with me. Some people like shooters. Others like RPG's. You play the kind of games you enjoy and go from there. I have played games that were total poop but that doesn't mean the next guy won't love it!! Don't take the ratings personal and certainly don't take them serious!!
slickvic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 slickvic1990
Member since 2004 • 2590 Posts

[QUOTE="kingjazziephiz"]egm gave loztp 9.9 or 10deadlashonline

why not? let me guess, because it stayed true to an awesome formula? everyone talks about the zelda formula being old, but beg for the sonic formula to go back to old? whats up with that???!!!!!
dumbasskillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dumbasskillers
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

First nintendo game i played was majora's mask, liked it, but i was only 7 so i couldn't pass it.

Now i love ZELDA IT RULLES!!!!111!1!!! PWN!!!   it deserves 9.5 like Ign gave it.

Gamespot dudes don't know how to use the wiimote, it's like an ape trying to use a fork.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
[QUOTE="deadlashonline"]

[QUOTE="kingjazziephiz"]egm gave loztp 9.9 or 10slickvic1990

why not? let me guess, because it stayed true to an awesome formula? everyone talks about the zelda formula being old, but beg for the sonic formula to go back to old? whats up with that???!!!!!

because launch games set the standards for how future games will be rated... and if the best the Wii has to offer is nothing more than a GC game with tacked on controls, the system will be mediocre at best. and atleast for Sonic (if you are not a fan of any of the Sonic 3D games), that means that you have not played a Sonic game that follows its original formula since what... between the Genesis and DC era? the last Zelda game to follow the formula was Wind Waker, which was 3-4 years ago.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts
When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,

Let it be, let it be, .....
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
mario kart 64 was the worst in the series..end of storyfinalflame_04
QFT. the only saving grace that MK64 had was its battle mode, which although is better than MKDD... DD's multiple modes made its battle mode have more of a lasting replay value.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Why in gods name does Mario Kart 64 get a 6.2? Did I miss something. Gamespot is officially biased. They love the 360, they love the PS3. They love RPG's and Shooters. Good lord, that is unreal. Arguably the best game from in my opinion the best console ever, gets nothing but a 6.2. Come on guys, wake up. And I feel like the Wario Ware 9.1 rating was nothing but a "make-up" rating for Zeldas diddley-poo rating. All I have to say is.... Boo.
stonecold86
I'm glad you're not a reviewer.