reisdent evil 5 wii not possible? pshh

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arthurking3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arthurking3
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/734381/resident-evil-5/videos/residentevil5-Teaser-001-HiP2.html

look at that early build up of the game, i but they could use that build to use it on the wii

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
for crying out loud, will people give this RE5 crap a rest why do wii owners want a port? It truly boggles me. It's as if they want worse games for their system :? if you want RE5, play it on the system it was intended on. Like every gaming gen, there will be games you can't play on one system and will require you buying another system. *goes on rampage*
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
Everything is possible. It just depends on how much you're willing to sacrifice.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
It's not possible and Capcom has already said numerous times that they are not bringing it to the Wii for that reason. Give it a rest.
TheProtecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheProtecter
Member since 2009 • 715 Posts

Yeah, just look at Dead Rising. lol.

zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

for crying out loud, will people give this RE5 crap a rest why do wii owners want a port? It truly boggles me. It's as if they want worse games for their system :? if you want RE5, play it on the system it was intended on. Like every gaming gen, there will be games you can't play on one system and will require you buying another system. *goes on rampage*Sonick54

so true

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Of course it's possible. It just isn't possibly good.

linkz22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 linkz22
Member since 2006 • 172 Posts

RE4 was possible for the GCN ._. , why not make make RE5 for wii with similar graphics but little better since the wii is at least 1.5x powerful than the GCN ?

linkz22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 linkz22
Member since 2006 • 172 Posts

RE4 was possible for the GCN ._. , why not make make RE5 for wii with similar graphics but little better since the wii is at least 1.5x powerful than the GCN ?

linkz22

i meant graphics like RE4 :D

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Well, the amount of enemies on screen will be sacrificed, the foliage and trees will look bad, lighting will be poorer, AI is gonna be worse and I don't think co-op would be possible on Wii hardware.

Part of the atmosphere of RE 5 is the graphics. If the graphics are lowered, then so too will be the atmosphere.

RE 5 should be played on the other consoles. A port would slaughter the game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What would have to be worse on a Wii version?

• Graphics
  • Sound
  • Controls
  • AI

So yeah, in my part of the world we call that THE GAME

DoeJohn531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DoeJohn531
Member since 2004 • 142 Posts

Instead of RE5 on the Wii I would just like to see another RE game on the Wii that is similar to RE4. The Wii has a large enough install base to make a game designed specifically for it I would think. Don't get me wrong, I like RE5 on my Xbox, but I loved RE4 on the Wii the controls were perfect and I would like to see something new that uses the same setup.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

[QUOTE="linkz22"]

linkz22

i meant graphics like RE4 :D

The gap in power last gen wasn't that big. BTW, we're getting a rail shooter. That alone should tell us that capcom isn't giving us RE5.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
yeah the controls were great, but I hated having a giant reticule over the screen :P
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

linkz22
Because the other consoles are 10 times more powerful than the Wii and RE5 is one of the best looking games on those consoles. Also, a lot more than graphics would have to be sacrificed. The whole game would have to built from the ground up and Capcom has said numerous times that they are not doing it.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
Everything is possible. It just depends on how much you're willing to sacrifice.Arnalion
Judging by some of the RE fans on this forum, that includes everything and their first-born. :P
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Some people are being too pessimistic. If they put a good amount of effort into the remake they could pull it off.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I wouldn't call it impossible perhaps not probable. It's not that important to me if I see it happen or not. I would much rather see a unique Capcom experience on the Wii. I think the Wii has a solid enough line up now and we really shouldn't be begging for what the other guy has. Perhaps you should look more closely at what the Wii offers rather than looking at what the HD twins have.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

What would have to be worse on a Wii version?

• Graphics
  • Sound
  • Controls
  • AI

So yeah, in my part of the world we call that THE GAME

Jaysonguy

Graphics I can definitely agree with you on. While they wouldn't look horrible, they wouldn't look like the PS3/360 versions.

Sound, not so much but I can see partially what you are saying. (I just need to know what you mean by the Sound, would you mind explaining that?) I need to have a better understanding of what you mean.

Controls, The only part I will have to disagree with you on. After playing RE5 on PS3 (Not sure about the Xbox360 version), the controls would definitely be better on the Wii. For one, you have to hold L1 to Aim and press R1 to Shoot which is perfectly fine, but When you have to run with the "X" button and Turn with the Right Analog, it just doesn't work out. You can't run and turn a corner on that game due to how the buttons are setup. You have to Run in a straight line, then let go of the "X" button, Walk around the corner, then press the "X" button again to Run. That just isn't a good setup. The controls on the Wii would run circles around the PS3 controls anyday. Aiming would be ALOT easier & the ability to "Run" around a corner would be possible.

AI, now from what I've played, all the Zombies seem to do is run out at you, throw bottles or whatever they throw, and the bosses just seem to do the same motions. This one too would need some clarification if you don't mind, my good fellow citizen.

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

^ in terms of AI, what about Sheva?? that would be the biggest problem. I do agree with you on the controls though

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

When I say sound I mean that the Wii can output left and right while "others" can allow the game to output center, northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest.

Serpico89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serpico89
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

I have to disagree, though if they ported the game to the Wii, the graphics would have to be downgraded, yet it wouldn't be horrible. The Wii's graphics are suffice, it's about how the game plays not about how good the graphics are. It just that a lot of third-party companies get lazy when they make a control scheme for the Wii, but it can work for an Action/Shooter like RE5, the Wii Nunchuck and Remote are perfect for games like this. Anyway, if they don't make the game for the Wii, I'm gonna get it for the PC, when it comes out in June :D

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
If you're willing to sacrifice the graphics, the levels, the scale and the features, then have crappy waggle added, then Resident evil 5 should definitely come to the Wii.
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Having completed RE5 on the Xbox 360 I have seen nothing that cannot be replicated on the Wii except the cutscenes which would be turned to video anyway.

Number of enemies: anyone telling you theres hundreds on screen at once is lying through the teeth there's rarely ten, and at most there was maybe over twenty.

Destructable environments: The only destructable bits were at the public assembly in the very start where the executioner demolishes a few walls which are clearly marked as such, and a few shacks there can be destroyed. However detructable stuff isn't new, it hapened in RE4 during fights with Gigante in the village. As for clutter, you can knock a few boxes around, smash barrels (from RE4), slash fruit, shatter skulls but it's not that huge a deal Wii should certainly be able to handle it.

Graphics: Character/enemy models are high res but the environments aren't quite there they are sort of like UC (edit: or RE4 quality). Bloom lighting and dynamic shadows including self shadowing are new to Resident Evil but certianly not to Wii, they were accomplished in Gamecube games like Rogue Leader and Twilight Princess. The water and fire seemed to be directly from RE4. Locations weren't any bigger then RE4's. We could still have a decent 480p experience with it I am sure.

Animations: There's a few new useless ones where Chris or Sheva will pack a item away or eat a egg but we really dont want that, enemies moves are copied and pasted from RE4.

Partner: this is nothing, Sheva (or later Chris) stays by you and shoots any regular enemy but makes no effort to take a headshot unless you need to hit a boss at specific part or has to aim low at a dog, high at a flyer or a enemy overhead.

I suggest you check out any RE5 walkthrough on Youtubeand watch thoroughly, it is basically a retread of RE4, and a inferior one for single player.

If you still want it for wii, as I do purely for the controls, we should really renewthe campaign and make alarger effort with Capcom for a Wii edition.

Personally I would want them to revise the single player to be more like that E3 2007 trailer.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy

Graphics: Character/enemy models are high res but the environments aren't quite there they are sort of like UC.

Ganados0

You know why they're nothing like Umbrella Chronicles right?

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ganados0

[QUOTE="Ganados0"]

Graphics: Character/enemy models are high res but the environments aren't quite there they are sort of like UC.

Jaysonguy

You know why they're nothing like Umbrella Chronicles right?

I'm referrng to the close up details of the environments, like the ground, walls and items and stuff, they are surprisingly low res. It's probably because the game was made for PS3 in mind which doesnt have the same amount of memory as the 360.

Lakmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lakmann
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts

why do u even bother? resident evil 5 is just a action game that doesnt deserve the name resident evil.

u better wait for darkside chronicles, i know its a on rail-shoter, but at least its a resident evil game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

^ in terms of AI, what about Sheva?? that would be the biggest problem. I do agree with you on the controls though

fluffy_kins

Partner: this is nothing, Sheva (or later Chris) stays by you and shoots any regular enemy but makes no effort to take a headshot unless you need to hit a boss at specific part or has to aim low at a dog, high at a flyer or a enemy overhead.

Ganados0

In terms of AI involving Sheva from what I've played of RE5, I find Ganados0's quote to be 100% true. So Sheva's AI (From what I've seen of her) shouldn't be that much of a problem.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

For the record, RE4:Wii Edition is still the best Resident Evil game ever, and has the best controls. RE5 is not that great.

If we get RE5: Wii Edition, I hope it's a completely different game, because the PS3/XBox360 versions completely messed up the story.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

For the record, RE4:Wii Edition is still the best Resident Evil game ever, and has the best controls. RE5 is not that great.

If we get RE5: Wii Edition, I hope it's a completely different game, because the PS3/XBox360 versions completely messed up the story.

DS_Lightning21

How?

lil_speedy_rvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lil_speedy_rvd
Member since 2003 • 527 Posts

Or what about Capcom makes a Resident Evil game solely for the Wii? thus taking out the crappiness of the ports AND they can fully utilize the Wii the way it was intended to.

Plus The dark side chronicles looks like a really good game, and only on the Wii.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

DS_Lightning21

What Ganados0 stated I agree after clocking the game on PS3, ..tho the superior control on Wii will almost guarantee me buying on Wii rather than PS3 or XBOX360 *Im not kidding*

I agree with you RE4 is a better game compare to RE5, ..in RE5 you hav 2 bosses repeated? why? & you're @ a stand still against the giant? wtf?..the ai companion is a joke in veteran mode, & even a bigger joke in Professional.

RE4 had better boss fight, Leon had better melee combo & a better single player gameplay - how skillful you are determine when you die, not some stupid ai who decides to run into traps or get itself killed.

The story is not messed up its supposedly finihsing up the story or killing off Wesker @ least ...abt time too ...besides the story you ain't missing much.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

@ TC

"reisdent evil 5 wii not possible? pshh"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It depends on what you mean by 'possible'? If you mean making RE5 on the Wii exactly like the HD systems, then no (as you and everyone else knows).

It's definitely possible to bring RE5 over to the Wii without it looking like an eye sore. It may be a significant downgrade (visually)compared to the HD systems, but it can still look good. We already know RE5 would control much better on the Wii. A decent presentation with appropriate controls = A winner!

However, there's nothing really special about RE5 in general. So don't feel too bad about it's absence on the Wii.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

it's almost impossible

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]for crying out loud, will people give this RE5 crap a rest why do wii owners want a port? It truly boggles me. It's as if they want worse games for their system :? if you want RE5, play it on the system it was intended on. Like every gaming gen, there will be games you can't play on one system and will require you buying another system. *goes on rampage*

Indeed. People should be happy we get something the other console owners don't. If you are a fan of RE, you should be looking forward to Darkside Chronicles -- I mean to me, Umbrella chronicles was awesome anyway
Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Unkoil666
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

Having completed RE5 on the Xbox 360 I have seen nothing that cannot be replicated on the Wii except the cutscenes which would be turned to video anyway.

Number of enemies: anyone telling you theres hundreds on screen at once is lying through the teeth there's rarely ten, and at most there was maybe over twenty.

Destructable environments: The only destructable bits were at the public assembly in the very start where the executioner demolishes a few walls which are clearly marked as such, and a few shacks there can be destroyed. However detructable stuff isn't new, it hapened in RE4 during fights with Gigante in the village. As for clutter, you can knock a few boxes around, smash barrels (from RE4), slash fruit, shatter skulls but it's not that huge a deal Wii should certainly be able to handle it.

Graphics: Character/enemy models are high res but the environments aren't quite there they are sort of like UC (edit: or RE4 quality). Bloom lighting and dynamic shadows including self shadowing are new to Resident Evil but certianly not to Wii, they were accomplished in Gamecube games like Rogue Leader and Twilight Princess. The water and fire seemed to be directly from RE4. Locations weren't any bigger then RE4's. We could still have a decent 480p experience with it I am sure.

Animations: There's a few new useless ones where Chris or Sheva will pack a item away or eat a egg but we really dont want that, enemies moves are copied and pasted from RE4.

I suggest you check out any RE5 walkthrough on Youtubeand watch thoroughly, it is basically a retread of RE4, and a inferior one for single player.

If you still want it for wii, as I do purely for the controls, we should really renewthe campaign and make alarger effort with Capcom for a Wii edition.

Personally I would want them to revise the single player to be more like that E3 2007 trailer.

Ganados0

This! I've been through the game twice already and I couldn't agree more.

And I wish people would stop raving about Sheva's AI. Its actually pretty terrible. I found her no more useful than a walking, talking storage box and medic that wastes all my ammo.

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

someone please tell me how many times a topic has popped up about the possibility of RE5 ending up on wii. it wont happen!

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]for crying out loud, will people give this RE5 crap a rest why do wii owners want a port? It truly boggles me. It's as if they want worse games for their system :? if you want RE5, play it on the system it was intended on. Like every gaming gen, there will be games you can't play on one system and will require you buying another system. *goes on rampage*

Can you use the Wiimote on the 360 or PS3? Then you've got a deal. Otherwise, it's just a silly recommendation. People here have Wiis, and many are not interested in going back to primitive dual analog.
knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Yeah, just look at Dead Rising. lol.

TheProtecter

Dead Rising was actually pretty good on the Wii, not saying it's as good as the 360 one, but it was still a good port. You should play the game before making assumptions.

JimmyJames210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JimmyJames210
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

This people keep crying about how Wii can't handle RE5 is getting old and needs to stop.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jaysonguy

This people keep crying about how Wii can't handle RE5 is getting old and needs to stop.

JimmyJames210

It can't

Capcom even said it can't handle it's title screen

Unless you think Capcom is now telling lies

You love these facts. Well the company says it's impossible so......

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

JimmyJames210
It can't -- you honestly expect to see RE5 -- a console made to utilize the assets of those consoles -- being able to run on a Wii, which has very limited hardware in comparison? really?
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
why do wii owners want a port?Sonick54
Better a port of a new game than the ports of old game's we're getting. :P
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

RE5 just wouldn't work on the Wii in its current state.

steve8198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 steve8198
Member since 2003 • 531 Posts

Well, the amount of enemies on screen will be sacrificed, the foliage and trees will look bad, lighting will be poorer, AI is gonna be worse and I don't think co-op would be possible on Wii hardware.

Part of the atmosphere of RE 5 is the graphics. If the graphics are lowered, then so too will be the atmosphere.

RE 5 should be played on the other consoles. A port would slaughter the game.

fend_oblivion

Screw the atmosphere.

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ganados0

Atmosphere my butt, if theres one thing it lacked it was that through a poor choice of soundtrack, sound effects and despite some technical mastery with shadows it all goes to waste in a game set in daylight.

The enemies weren't as goodin comparison too, you get villagers coming at you with bottles, machetes would have been alot better. You get tribal warriors in chapter 2 and 3 who aren't a patch on RE4's monks on a more posative note the ganados in chapters 5 and 6 could use machine gunsthoughthe bosses and creatures weren't great in comparison either.

If a wii port were to happen I reckon atmosphere could be restored if Chapters one and two were set at night and the onlyillumination came from smallfires, light bulbs, torches andthe glow of plagas infected eyesand if chapter3's tribal areas were thick in fog. Put some novastidors in the caverns ofchapter 4 and replace the Lickers with Hunters in chapter 5 and it could be alot more scary.

Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Unkoil666

[QUOTE="JimmyJames210"]

Jaysonguy

It can't

If you're going by some ridiculously absurd hyberbole rather than actually seeing the games title screen first hand, its true.

If you've actually played the game, or even the demo, and saw the title screen, you'd know how much of a lie it truly is. It was just hot air to hype the game. Metroid Prime 2's title screen was more complex than RE5's. Maybe he meant the Wii couldn't do it at the resolution the other consoles can, but it most certainly could be done. There is absolutely nothing special about it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="JimmyJames210"]

Unkoil666

It can't

If you're going by some ridiculously absurd hyberbole rather than actually seeing the games title screen first hand, its true.

If you've actually played the game, or even the demo, and saw the title screen, you'd know how much of a lie it truly is. It was just hot air to hype the game. Metroid Prime 2's title screen was more complex than RE5's. Maybe he meant the Wii couldn't do it at the resolution the other consoles can, but it most certainly could be done. There is absolutely nothing special about it.

Great

Now you think that Capcom is telling lies

Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Unkoil666

[QUOTE="Unkoil666"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It can't

Jaysonguy

Great

Now you think that Capcom is telling lies

Actually, I KNOW they are telling lies. The evidence is right in front of our faces to support it. Boot the 2 games up and see for yourself.

And it wouldn't be the first time they lied or have you forgotten The Capcom 5? Or how about when they confirmed that the RE5 box art wasn't lying when it said the game was to have 2-16 offline multi-player, then they confirmed it was "wrong".

Actually, allow me to retract my previous statement about Capcom telling lies. I'll say instead that they simply just shouldn't run their mouth. That better?