• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bossyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bossyman
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

i bought it and im too scared to play :'(

i played like 5 minutes of it, got into the cabin where i shot the guy down then ran outside and i closed the game cause its so scary. btw im 16 years old too..hmmmmm

how can i overcome this? haha seriously tho i am scared to play it :(

p.s. yes i know this game is rated-M but i bet alot of teenagers play it

StupidHenchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 StupidHenchman
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts
Haha, I had the same problem when I was younger. Try listning to music as you play...it usually helps me.
LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts

Well first of all dont ever pick up Manhunt 2 when it comes out. Secondly, suck it up and enjoy the mood because the game truly is a masterpiece. :) Good luck!

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
I'm the same as you. Except i maned up and killed some freaks. The only things that scares me are the bear traps that are hidden >_>
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
just play it, it will help grow some hairs on your chest
christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
its not really even scary. atleast to me.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
ok what I need you to do is play enternal darkness and then play RE4, that way Re4 wont be scarier anymore :).
xTRIGGER092x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 xTRIGGER092x
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

I havent been scared while playing it. Very good game, IMO. I can't believe I didn't want to play it before the Wii version came out.

PS: Does the game get any amount harder once you rescue Ashley (I just rescued her a few minutes ago)?

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

Wanna get scared ****less by an RE game for real?

Buy the Original Remake on the Gamecube, pop it in your Wii and make sure to bring enough lamp oil. I gaurentee you will be able to beat RE4 no problem after that.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
it gets WAY scarier than that.......
milton7874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 milton7874
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
man you gotta get over it its a great game besides I am 12 years old
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Be a man and play it!
Maluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#13 Maluigi
Member since 2005 • 309 Posts
Ya man, I remember having that same problem. I was in a house picking up some items, I hear a chainsaw rev, I turn around and BOOM! My hed is cut off. I was 12 when I first rented it, now I'm 14, and I love it! Here's the strategy that I took after renting it again. Get your back to a wall, and just start shooting. Turn the volume down if you need to. Also, listen to your favorite song while you're playing. After a while, I just got used to it, and eventually, I was shootin' down zombies like there's no tomorrow. Trust me, it gets really fun after a while.
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
:) I thought it was going to be much scarier than it was I wasn't scared in the least bit. Even at 3:00 in the morning with nobody around. Only play it when the sun is up, and when there is somebody next to you I guess. If that doesn't work, then play with your eyes closed.
Darth_JO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darth_JO
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

It never really gets scary for me and I'm 13. But to overcome your fear I suggest maybe turning the volume down that helps when I play really scary games and I agree with listening to music. Oh and I am kinda scared of one thing in the game and thats the regeneraters, those things are really creepy (shudders)

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

i played like 5 minutes of it, got into the cabin where i shot the guy down then ran outside and i closed the game cause its so scary. btw im 16 years old too..hmmmmm

bossyman

I had this problem when I was yong. The best way to beat this fear is to have a friend coming over to your house and play the game together.

OH, don't play it after dark too!

V_Thade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 V_Thade
Member since 2004 • 1114 Posts
Hahaha... that's awesome.
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Guckyy

Wanna get scared ****less by an RE game for real?

Buy the Original Remake on the Gamecube, pop it in your Wii and make sure to bring enough lamp oil. I gaurentee you will be able to beat RE4 no problem after that.

StealthedRogue

Which RE is that?

Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Guckyy

I havent been scared while playing it. Very good game, IMO. I can't believe I didn't want to play it before the Wii version came out.

PS: Does the game get any amount harder once you rescue Ashley (I just rescued her a few minutes ago)?

xTRIGGER092x

Just a tad.

frosty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frosty_shark
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
come on!!!!!!! your 16. i remember playing the first RE now that was scary because it was one of the first game to have gore to that existent
Rayze78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Rayze78
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts
I think being scared is part of the fun, kind of like watching a scary movie. (Its hard for me to find a scary movie anymore). Its cool to blast away a couple zombies, and then you kind of just wait and make sure there are no more coming, and then you turn to your side and there is one right next to you. I love that. I'm not too far into it, I am up to the end of chapter one at the lake with the rowboat. When you first get to the swampy area, you have a bunch of zombies standing in the water and a lot of tripwires. I was blasting a few here and there and got them all. Then I turned around from where I came (down the long hill) and there is a whole gang of zombies right behind me. This game is great the way it keeps you on the edge of your seat. So my advice is to just play it and face your fear! Turn the volume down? Hell no! Crank it up, or put some headphones on! Show those zombie b!tches who's boss!
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I was scared also when i first bought it, but you have to remember it is just a video game. I was no fan of horror games before i bought the game, and when i beat it i was pretty proud of myseft tbh. Now i'm checking out RE0 and Eternal Darkness. RE4 is an EXCELLENT choice if you want to get into the horror genre.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
:| :| :| :|
i was younger than you when i played the game, it's nothing, dude really have some balls and play the game, or else i'm gonna send you a Fatal frame 2 copy :evil:
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 helium_flash

It never really gets scary for me and I'm 13. But to overcome your fear I suggest maybe turning the volume down that helps when I play really scary games and I agree with listening to music. Oh and I am kinda scared of one thing in the game and thats the regeneraters, those things are really creepy (shudders)

Darth_JO

I thought the Bella Sisters were much scarier than the regens. The regens are creepy but really easy to kill, they just breath kinda creepy like :/ Anyway, the dogs are the scariest thing in the game because they are so fast. The dude with his eyes sewed shut and knifes for hands is also creepy at first, but real easy to beat also so he wasnt too scary.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I'm speechless. I never knew someone can be too scared to actually play a game.
yusefdoodi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yusefdoodi
Member since 2005 • 2071 Posts

LMAO the exact 100% thing happened to me but im 15.

Listen to "Put you on the game" by the game while you play. that song always gets me amped.

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

Someone needs a healthy dose of sadism in his life.

Here's what you do. Go get some black metal albums and crank them up, add a goat head and a few pentagrams, cut a swastika(sp) or an upside-down cross between your eye brows. Then call up danzig and invite him to come over and call forth the minions of the damned. when danzig gets there, let him know you really just want to play RE4 and he should be ok with the (as long as you only use your knife).

Seriously though, friends help. you can make fun of the zombies and humor takes off the edge. Play some hippie music. Only play during the day or put a chair under the door knob (only works if the door swings into the room).

Good luck. It's a great game, so get over.

P.S. Man I feel old...

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

bossyman

You need some hairs on your chest son, its the least scary of the bunch :P

Tycerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Tycerion
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

:| :| :| :|
i was younger than you when i played the game, it's nothing, dude really have some balls and play the game, or else i'm gonna send you a Fatal frame 2 copy :evil:nintendo-4life

No kidding..FF is probably one of the single most stressful games...lol. Camera being the only weapon...URGH!

Other than that, The only part that's "scared" me was when I jumped down into a pit and wasn't expecting two chains to start coming at me...but that was more a fear of not having saved in freaking forever. (dumb move on my part).

Other than that, if this is any consolation. When I first played an RE game, I kinda took on this weird I'm a vigilante role, and just kinda did things how I thought (or hoped) I would have done them if I'd somehow found myself in that horrible situation. When I did that, I took more precaution and did what I had to do to make sure I stayed alive.

LOL....now, I basically cheat...I just run in there GUNG-HO (after I've saved of course) and just let whatever happens happen...then I reload completely and totally knowing what to expect...though I usually do that if I've got no idea what on earth I'm supposed to do, as that tactic tends to take some of the suspensful enjoyment out of it.

DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts

If RE4 scares you, the original RE would make you wet your pants. Especially once the Hunters come out...but then I was 13 when I played the original, my mom bought it for me lol.

I don't think RE4 ever really scared me, but I was constantly tense the first times I came up against "It" and Salazar's "Right Hand" and I was extremely paranoid in the hedge maze.

Umaga4306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Umaga4306
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
This game is a cakewalk. And the best Resident Evil game made to date.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
are you serious? this is the least scary RE that has come out. have you played any other RE's before this or is this your first one? i didnt really find this gamevery scary at all..i mean sometimes it was kind of creepy when you know one of the ganados are slowly walking up behind you but your too busy trying to fight a guy infront of you. but other than that =/ it really isnt that bad. i think the only way your going to get over it is if you force yourself to play it more so you can get used to it.
revolutionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 revolutionman
Member since 2005 • 319 Posts
i remember getting really scared on RE2 when it came out for the 64, I pause the game and turned off the 64 and took the game out and put it right next to the wall... all because of those stupid zombies that grabbed when you walk too close to the windows. But bossyman you really should start watching horror movies or something and get used to it cause when i got scared on resident evil 2 i was one small booger. You are 16 years old, so its kind of embarrasing that a big boy like you cant handle such bad-A$$ game. I would recomend playing the game before it gets dark but that's just lame, cause thats what so cool about these games the creepy ambient music fits when dark.
pozer_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pozer_27
Member since 2005 • 378 Posts
im playing it to but i didnt turn it off haha i didnt jump one yet :P haha
nathanlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nathanlol
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
Is this a joke topic? I played RE4 on the Gamecube when I was 12.
nathanlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nathanlol
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
BTW: The only time I got scared/jumped was in Chapter 5 when that guy jumps out of the wall on fire!
greekgod69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 greekgod69
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
Come on u pansy im 16 years old and i have to play this game in da dark it makes it SSOOOO much better. This game is notscary all. Sure it might have some zombies pop out but then ufncken blow there head off. Pansy stop being a pnssy and play thefncken game. BTW its an amazing game lmao.
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts
The game has good and spooky atmosphere, but I wouldn't call it scary. The only time I ever jump is whe you bust a crate with a snake in it. Haha! I hate snakes so much!
1337cole1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 1337cole1337
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
just turned 13..beat the game in2 days (11 hours a day ftw)...secret=friends =). seriously, if you have a friend near you (a neighbor or something) its a lot less scary, and its even better if they have already beat it.
robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robotecha5
Member since 2006 • 1207 Posts

People think RE4 is scary? I just beat it today and I goota say I was maybe suprised at one or two points but the game is hardly scary.(I still really enjoyed the game though) Go play Condemmed or FEAR if you want scary.

kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts
Haha, I had the same problem when I was younger. Try listning to music as you play...it usually helps me.StupidHenchman

But that takes away all of the fun, the atmosphere.. :P

Think of it this way TC, it's a game, it's not real, so what if Leon gets his head chainsawed off, you'll learn from your mistake...
kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts
I'm the same as you. Except i maned up and killed some freaks. The only things that scares me are the bear traps that are hidden >_>Sonick54

Just walk slowly and keep your eyes on the ground, you'll always see a clear path..
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 helium_flash

Go play Condemmed or FEAR if you want scary.

robotecha5

I personally think RE4 is scarier than FEAR, but i'm only like 3 hours into FEAR.

umd1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44 umd1998
Member since 2003 • 1223 Posts
you get less scared the more you play. best advice i wish i knew before my first time: save bullets by shooting zombies in the head, making them stagger, then run up to them pressing A to knock them down with a kick, then slash them to death
robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 robotecha5
Member since 2006 • 1207 Posts
[QUOTE="robotecha5"]

Go play Condemmed or FEAR if you want scary.

helium_flash

It gets scarier and creepier. And Condemmed is just very unsetling. I dunno its probably just the creepy little girl in FEAR that gets me. But there are parts of Condemmed where I nearly sh*t myself. Theres a part where I opened up a cabinet(now keep in mind theres really no kind of warning music or sounds enimies ussually make) and a druged out chick jumped out and screamed while hitting me with a wrench and killing me.

I personally think RE4 is scarier than FEAR, but i'm only like 3 hours into FEAR.

bertucci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bertucci
Member since 2005 • 469 Posts

Lol dude ur gonna piss ur self on chapter 5-1 or when ever you see the iron maiden if you even get that far.

P.S if you do get to iron maiden dont panic and run just take aim and kill

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

People think RE4 is scary? I just beat it today and I goota say I was maybe suprised at one or two points but the game is hardly scary.(I still really enjoyed the game though) Go play Condemmed or FEAR if you want scary.

robotecha5

i was playing it earlier today myself..i played up until the point where you save ashley form the church..its basically just an action game to me now since i've beat the game more than 10 times

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
If you're this scared this early in the game, you're going to have major problems through the rest of the game, because it only gets much worse. Just suck it up and play, it's always scary and nerve-racking the first time through, but you get the hang of it. Besides, it's a good thing if the game is scary. I like playing the game late at night with the lights off.
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts

I'll tell ya what a buddy of mine starting doing to counteract in-game fear in Doom 3.  He just joked around, a lot.  For example, a zombie might pop out of a locker or something, and Nick would open fire with a shotgun and yell something like, "Your FACE seems to be slightly ROTTEN.  You might consider getting that LOOKED AT."  If he couldn't come up with something clever he'd say something idiotic.  

"Are YOU Santa Claus!?!"

whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
RE4 is too much of an action game to be scary. The original Resident Evil and Silent Hill is where its at for scary. Nothing like real zombies and small flesh eating children and nothing but a lead pipe to defend yourself.