Punch Out!! The awesome has been released!!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 wiifan99
Member since 2009 • 401 Posts

It is an amazing game. It has amazing graphics.

sirsponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 sirsponge
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

if you could be other characters and it had all the characters from the nes and snes version plus online play it would be the perfect wii game

Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Captain-Pants
Member since 2005 • 3533 Posts

if you could be other characters and it had all the characters from the nes and snes version plus online play it would be the perfect wii game

sirsponge

Punch Out!! isn't Street Fighter the focus is on the single player campaign. I don't know if I want Hoy Quarlow back, online leaderboards would have been an nice addition though.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#54 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Punch Out!! isn't Street Fighter the focus is on the single player campaign. I don't know if I want Hoy Quarlow back, online leaderboards would have been an nice addition though.

Captain-Pants

To be honest, I'm not actually sure if online leaderboards would have been very interesting. I have a strong feeling that they'd just be plastered with a thousand instances of the exact same time once people figured a fighter out. :P

Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Captain-Pants

[QUOTE="Captain-Pants"]

GabuEx

To be honest, I'm not actually sure if online leaderboards would have been very interesting. I have a strong feeling that they'd just be plastered with a thousand instances of the exact same time once people figured a fighter out. :P

If leaderboards were a priority from the beginning of development, they could have implemented an point based system like SPO!! A system that would yield a greater variety of results and support a competitve community more accurately.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="Captain-Pants"]

Captain-Pants

If leaderboards were a priority from the beginning of development, they could have implemented an point based system like SPO!! A system that would yield a greater variety of results and support a competitve community more accurately.

Well, even then I think it'd be about the same. The problem with Punch-Out!! in that respect is the utter predictability of all the of the fighters. This turns it more into a puzzle than an action fighter game, which thus would make every single battle have both an optimal time and an optimal score.

Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Captain-Pants

[QUOTE="Captain-Pants"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

GabuEx

Well, even then I think it'd be about the same. The problem with Punch-Out!! in that respect is the utter predictability of all the of the fighters. This turns it more into a puzzle than an action fighter game, which thus would make every single battle have both an optimal time and an optimal score.

I think it would depend on how intricate the point system is. They could have used the SPO!! like scoring as a blueprint in which they could have added more depth and measurement. Competitive score wars are possible.