Pokemon White/Black

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

What's the best way to train low level pokemon?

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

If you have EXP Share you can use that.

Or if you're just going through the game you can fight Audino in places with grass, they give a ton on EXP and are easy to fight (just move back and forth next to grass until it starts shaking, you don't need to be in the grass to do it). Giving a Pokemon the Lucky Egg will also give that Pokemon 1.5x EXP.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

Or if you're just going through the game you can fight Audino in places with grass, they give a ton on EXP and are easy to fight (just move back and forth next to grass until it starts shaking, you don't need to be in the grass to do it). Giving a Pokemon the Lucky Egg will also give that Pokemon 1.5x EXP.

KnightSkull
In addition to all these, you can also get traded pokemon from GTS or friends. They automatically gain double XP.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
Making then hold a lucky egg will give 50% more EXP, traded Pokemon get double by default, and EXP Share gives the Pokemon holding EXP from the battle with out having to fight in it. Typically I would give a Pokemon an EXP share then run through the Elite Four a few times.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

Soulreavercross

In addition to all these, you can also get traded pokemon from GTS or friends. They automatically gain double XP.

They get 1.5x not double XP.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Will47
[QUOTE="KnightSkull"] They get 1.5x not double XP.

I think you're right, I was thinking of having a traded Pokemon and then giving it a lucky egg, then you're getting double exp.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Will47"][QUOTE="KnightSkull"] They get 1.5x not double XP.

I think you're right, I was thinking of having a traded Pokemon and then giving it a lucky egg, then you're getting double exp.

no, you're getting 1.5x exp over 1.5x exp, which is 1.75x exp. at least if pokemon follows basic math.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Will47

[QUOTE="Will47"][QUOTE="KnightSkull"] They get 1.5x not double XP.BrunoBRS

no, you're getting 1.5x exp over 1.5x exp, which is 1.75x exp. at least if pokemon follows basic math.

Actually I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I could even be you get closer to 2.25x exp because the traded bonus is actually a littler higer than 1.5x along with the lucky egg not being a nice rounded number either.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

Thank you guys :-)