Pokemon on the Wii-U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andytisnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 andytisnt
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

the graphical and technical specifications for nintendo have now played catch up with the release of Wii-U, what would people be looking for in a new pokemon game for the Wii-U?

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I'm sure all we would get is another Pokemon stadium type game or another party game.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

I think a full fledged Pokemon game, using the art style of Ni No Kuni, could quite possibly be the greatest game ever. I think the stlye would fit perfectly for a 3d Pokemon game

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think a full fledged Pokemon game, using the art style of Ni No Kuni, could quite possibly be the greatest game ever. I think the stlye would fit perfectly for a 3d Pokemon game

Apocalypse324

So you'd want the franchise to die

To anyone who wants a "traditional" Pokemon game go get a handheld.

Nintendo is not about to kill off their most lucrative franchise

Also they wont be making a Pokemon game that has all the regions in one game in case anyone wants to kill off Pokemon that way

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Bleh, homeconsole Pokemon I will get tired of it very fast.
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Apocalypse324

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

Jaysonguy

Also they wont be making a Pokemon game that has all the regions in one game in case anyone wants to kill off Pokemon that way

Die? Yea...ummm NO...Evolve?...Yes that would be great. While I dont see them making one on a consoleanytime soon, I personally think using the art style I said would fit the type of game Pokemon is. While I myself, just like many other people love the Pokemon games, them using the EXACT same thing and style in virtually everygame is what will kill the Pokemon franchise. No matter how good something is, eventually people will grow tired of it if nothing is changed. Sure it will still sell for a while like it is, but at some point theyre going to have to change it up a bit. Even franchises Like Mario/Zelda/ Donkey Kong all had to make changes to stay relevent. Sure they can still make the same games they have been, but they need to branch off somewhere.

Plus games like Pokemon Snap/ Trainer and whatever other crap theyve released is proof theyll take chances with anything.

Ill agree that a game with all regions isnt likely going to happen anytime soon if ever, but at some point changes will have to be made to the main games in the franchise to remain successful

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

I just want them to do a proper Stadium/Battle Revolution but there's people who just want a 3D Pokemon World like the handhelds

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

Apocalypse324

Die? Yea...ummm NO...Evolve?...Yes that would be great. While I dont see them making one on a consoleanytime soon, I personally think using the art style I said would fit the type of game Pokemon is. While I myself, just like many other people love the Pokemon games, them using the EXACT same thing and style in virtually everygame is what will kill the Pokemon franchise. No matter how good something is, eventually people will grow tired of it if nothing is changed. Sure it will still sell for a while like it is, but at some point theyre going to have to change it up a bit. Even franchises Like Mario/Zelda/ Donkey Kong all had to make changes to stay relevent. Sure they can still make the same games they have been, but they need to branch off somewhere.

Plus games like Pokemon Snap/ Trainer and whatever other crap theyve released is proof theyll take chances with anything.

Ill agree that a game with all regions isnt likely going to happen anytime soon if ever, but at some point changes will have to be made to the main games in the franchise to remain successful

Changes?

You mean how Pokemon Black and White 2 are the most successful Pokemon games made?

Or how the first Super Mario Bros was released in the mid 80's and almost 25 years later the best selling game on Nintnedo's home console was the same exact thing?

Or that it's handheld's best selling game was the same exact thing?

The idea that it needs to evolve is bull, there's a reason why Pokemon sells off the shelves, has special edition guides (yes I do have every one thanks for asking) and has movies and TV shows and comic books and toy lines dedicated to it. It's a classic forumla just like Mario Bros that will stand the test of time.

If people want changes they need to find another franchise.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

What I want is a Battle Revolution that doesn't suck. Graphically I'd like to see them go with an Anime style similar to the cartoon. All of those special battle modes need to be available to play online and with local multiplayer. There's no reason to be restricted to three on three battles, either, and while they're at it they should set up some sort of ranking system. The character designer needs to have way more options... it was a good idea for PBR but there were so few options it was ridiculous. If possible, there really needs to be some way to stop hacked Pokemon from being usable. Anyone who doesn't want to actually raise their Pokemon can use an online battle simulator.

I'm really looking forward to visiting the Miiverse for any Pokemon related games. :D Also, I'd want pretty much anyone else but Genius Sonority to develope it. And I definitely don't want to see any recycled Pokemon models!

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Apocalypse324

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Changes?

You mean how Pokemon Black and White 2 are the most successful Pokemon games made?

Or how the first Super Mario Bros was released in the mid 80's and almost 25 years later the best selling game on Nintnedo's home console was the same exact thing?

Or that it's handheld's best selling game was the same exact thing?

The idea that it needs to evolve is bull, there's a reason why Pokemon sells off the shelves, has special edition guides (yes I do have every one thanks for asking) and has movies and TV shows and comic books and toy lines dedicated to it. It's a classic forumla just like Mario Bros that will stand the test of time.

If people want changes they need to find another franchise.

Yes all great franchises...I totally forgot how Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World, Mario 64, Ocarina of time, killed those franchises. Games that made changes, games that took chances, games that revolutionized not only those series but gaming in general. If you haven't noticed Every one of those games stepped away from the formulas they were created on, Every one of those games were successful, and Every one of those games.are considered to be some of the greatest of all time. Yes Super Mario Bros. is a classic, but compare that to Mario 64 and guess what? People LOVED the change, while I agree the series will sell and need to remain somewhat the same, regardless of anything else, people will want something new. I agree the series is great but if you really do believe that making changes will kill the series, then your beyond reason, and really should look into what Nintendo has done with nearly all their games and been successful damn near every time
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

What I want is a Battle Revolution that doesn't suck. Graphically I'd like to see them go with an Anime style similar to the cartoon. All of those special battle modes need to be available to play online and with local multiplayer. There's no reason to be restricted to three on three battles, either, and while they're at it they should set up some sort of ranking system. The character designer needs to have way more options... it was a good idea for PBR but there were so few options it was ridiculous. If possible, there really needs to be some way to stop hacked Pokemon from being usable. Anyone who doesn't want to actually raise their Pokemon can use an online battle simulator.

I'm really looking forward to visiting the Miiverse for any Pokemon related games. :D Also, I'd want pretty much anyone else but Genius Sonority to develope it. And I definitely don't want to see any recycled Pokemon models!

Pixel-Perfect

yea.. just make a good HD pokemon colesium or revolutiion or pokemon snap... keep the real pokemon games on handheld...im cool with that..

andytisnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 andytisnt
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts
yeh great point all those games from nintendo such as mario to zelda had moves to home consoles and were both a compliment to the franchise. i think with the new hd range 3d pokemon adventure would be amazing. or even stadium to combine your handheld with your home console or a full new adventure, snap 2 or even a new rpg style game.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Pixel-Perfect

Thiiiss.

Apocalypse324

The 3DS could definitely handle that and I would love to see it for Gen VI.

pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#14 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

Man, I'm pretty sure EVERY POKEMON FAN wants a fully realized 3D pokemon game on a Nintendo console. Keeping the same classic pokemon gameplay, worlds, characters and expanding on it for a game console.

I think if that ever happens, I might just have to.... I might just have to....

Jeez I wouldn't even know what I would do :P. Probably pass out from too much excitement:lol:

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

Man, I'm pretty sure EVERY POKEMON FAN wants a fully realized 3D pokemon game on a Nintendo console. Keeping the same classic pokemon gameplay, worlds, characters and expanding on it for a game console.

Jeez I wouldn't even know what I would do :P. Probably pass out from too much excitement:lol:

pspitus

No, actual fans don't want the Pokemon franchise to fail

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

pspitus

Yeah... I'd be totally okay if they didn't do that...

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Man, I'm pretty sure EVERY POKEMON FAN wants a fully realized 3D pokemon game on a Nintendo handheld. Keeping the same classic pokemon gameplay and feel while improving the visuals, introducing new ways to play, and taking full advantage of the 3DS hardware.

pspitus

Fix'd. :)

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

As long as its good but I doubt it...Nintendo will purposely sabotage it. :P

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

To be honest I don't know why Nintendo don't utilize the Pokemon franchise better on their home consoles.

The N64 Pokemon games (Stadium 1 & 2, Snap, Puzzle League, Hey You Pikachu, ect.) used to be good and were also the reason why the console didn't sink in the last years of it's lifecycle.

Surely a next-gen Stadium game would be fitting.

Not to mention that Snap's concept is essentially written on WiiU's GamePad...

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Genius Sonority should step up and make Pokemon Colosseum 3 if anything, I loved the original one (haven't been able to play the sequel. YET.) and is one of the most underrated Pokemon/Gamecube games, I loved the hell out of it.

sonyfreak456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonyfreak456
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts
I hope it will not be pokemon battle revolution 2 or pokepark 3. Still waiting for pokemon stadium 3, pokemon colosseum 2, pokemon XD 2, or any pokemon game like these three.
Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

While I do want a big Pokémon game on Wii U, I don't ever see it happening. It's more profitable for Nintendo to keep it on handhelds.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I hope it will not be pokemon battle revolution 2 or pokepark 3. Still waiting for pokemon stadium 3, pokemon colosseum 2, pokemon XD 2, or any pokemon game like these three.sonyfreak456

Please don't bump threads that are several months old. Thanks!