Opinions on the DSi?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
I am curious about the built in web browser, is it just going to be the same opera browser for the ds you can buy built in or will it be an updated version with the latest flash player and what not?
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#52 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts
What a lot of gamers are not understanding is that technology was made to be upgraded. Microwaves, cellphones, home computers, audio devices, video devices etc over time will be upgraded. Video game devices are built around the media format. Most of the investment gos into creating a system to read the format. It takes a long time to upgrade formats, it is much easier to just upgrade the actually device reading the media format than the actual format itself. If you are wondering what the format is, it is the "game card" or "UMD" if you are PSP gamer. Once the engineering for the format is down, THAT IT. There will not be an upgrade to a format just a replacement. For example we went from VHS to DVD not "VHS to DVHS" Hopefully I am not getting too technical trying to explain what these companies are doing without confusing readers. But basically once the companies decide to replace the format, you will get an all new system, until then we will just get upgrades. Peace & love
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
I am curious about the built in web browser, is it just going to be the same opera browser for the ds you can buy built in or will it be an updated version with the latest flash player and what not?Mitazaki

I can say with absolute certainty that it won't be the latest (ver. 9). The best we could hope for is version 7, though 6 is more likely.

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

It seems too late for its own good. If it had come out in 2006, it wouldn't be so crazy of an idear.

But its nearing the time for the next handhelds. I believe, the gba came out the same year as the gamecube. Though the ds came out the year before the xbox 360. So I can see the next handheld come out in 2010. So when this DSi comes out in America, FOUR FRICKEN YEARS after the original, it'll be near time for the next handheld. Feels more like the gba micro than anything. Tell me, do you really think that Ds download games on an sd card is going to majorly take off for the next 2 years before the next handheld?

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Looks awesome. I'm definitely getting it.

I wonder, wouldn't this be a good time to add Wi-fi pictochat?

flowerpedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 flowerpedal
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts
i honestly dont see the point in adding a camera to the new ds. i would have liked it more if thet improved on the quality of the display before adding a camera..the psp doesnt even have a camera yet...im not gonna bother trading my dslite for the dsi...unless nintendo has some good surprises that makes the dsi worth wild to get
rtpjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rtpjazz
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

I love it. It has two cameras. One(inside, next to the mic) has 0.3M the other(outside, you can see it easily) has 3M. MG? Also there is web browser inside, everything is just so coolNeroiam

a camera isnt really that exciting. thats what a real camera is for. web browser is cool though.

viewtifullee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 viewtifullee
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts

IM glad, without the GBA slot it allows for more functionality and the slimmer design

I still have my GBA SP for advance games

I always kinda wanted a DS my brother still has the original one so I just played that

Now with the second re-design im definitely gonna get one

gillri
yea i feel the same ...most every gamer has atleast 1 gba or gba sp soo....not a big loss
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
to me the main thing DSi has over DS lite is DSi is thinner, and thats not worth buying a whole new DS over.

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
I like it alot, enough to save both Xmas and Birthday cash for it. I have a DSlite, so if I need a GBA slot I have one.
lobster-man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 lobster-man44
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
I don't know why everyone is being so negative about the DSi having no GBA slot. I'm a little disappointed too. But Nintendo will probably realize what they have done and fix it at the last second. Don't give up hope. And for all those who say that it won't sell, you're retards. The only reason that the GBA micro didn't sell is because it had almost no new additions. The DSi has a ton. And besides, for all we know it might sell better than the DS light.
Gaiahand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gaiahand
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="agehaelhaym"][QUOTE="podliver"]

Ugh...basically it's just a PSP that folds up now...

but made by Nintendo :?

And considering the DSi will have worse battery life...hmmm yeah that's a big turnoff. I like the DS a lot for how long the battery lasts. And if I want to watch music or videos I can use my iPod for that.

podliver

It's not. Anyway, Nintendo confirmed it has worse battery life?

Umm ok OBVIOUSLY it's not a PSP, but it has most of the stuff the PSP can do now. (playing music/videos, has a built-in web browser)

Ok ok I never said Nintendo confirmed worse battery life, but my guess is that with all the extra little add-ons they put in the DSi, it would affect the length of the battery life in some way or another. :roll:

You forgetting something, since this year is 2008, compared to the ds lite launch year (2006), technology has advanced as the time passes, and i bet that nintendo has what it takes to make a better battery, so we can't really say that the battery life will be increased/cut down.

kingqaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kingqaz
Member since 2005 • 1419 Posts

I have mixed feelings about the DSi. On one hand there is less battery life and no GBA slot. The music player seems somewhat superfluous. The camera features admittedly seem pretty fun, but only for about 30 minutes.
On the other hand Bigger screen, better audio, and thinner. Making animations seem fun. Internal memory is a great idea. Better Wi- Fi. DSware is probably what hooked me the most (the possibility of GB Virtual Console is amazing.)
In general it seems like it is a good update but the question is, is it worth the money?

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
[QUOTE="podliver"]

[QUOTE="agehaelhaym"][QUOTE="podliver"]

Ugh...basically it's just a PSP that folds up now...

but made by Nintendo :?

And considering the DSi will have worse battery life...hmmm yeah that's a big turnoff. I like the DS a lot for how long the battery lasts. And if I want to watch music or videos I can use my iPod for that.

Gaiahand

It's not. Anyway, Nintendo confirmed it has worse battery life?

Umm ok OBVIOUSLY it's not a PSP, but it has most of the stuff the PSP can do now. (playing music/videos, has a built-in web browser)

Ok ok I never said Nintendo confirmed worse battery life, but my guess is that with all the extra little add-ons they put in the DSi, it would affect the length of the battery life in some way or another. :roll:

You forgetting something, since this year is 2008, compared to the ds lite launch year (2006), technology has advanced as the time passes, and i bet that nintendo has what it takes to make a better battery, so we can't really say that the battery life will be increased/cut down.

Ok well check out the technical specifications in the stickied DSi thread. Notice how the battery life at each brightness setting is a few hours less than the normal DS Lite.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
so the inner camera is .3mp or VGA while the outer one is not yet determined???
King_Boo_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 King_Boo_01
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
I want to know if the DSi will be region free like the original DS and DS lite?
greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts
I'm not liking all these extra features that are only operational on the DS-i. I fear that it's going to use these features in their games and if you want to be up to date on all the good games in the DS world, you'll have to buy one. I want the improved online play and virtual console. Too bad for me huh?
haloguy888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 haloguy888
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
I would've bought one if they increased the battery life. But since they cut it down more, I'll just stick with my Lite.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#69 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

since i never use rumble, or play guitar hero im not that really mad about it the onlything ill do is have to bring my other ds or gba do any way because no gbc gb playable on ds, so ya not that big of a deal just keep your ds or dslite ,,

dsi is the only one thatll let you download games and what not , so youll end up buying it no matte what so ya,

im gonna purchase it as a stand alone no tradins, ill have 5 dses lol 2 phat 2 lite and 1 dsimproved

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

I don't know why everyone is being so negative about the DSi having no GBA slot. I'm a little disappointed too. But Nintendo will probably realize what they have done and fix it at the last second. Don't give up hope. And for all those who say that it won't sell, you're retards. The only reason that the GBA micro didn't sell is because it had almost no new additions. The DSi has a ton. And besides, for all we know it might sell better than the DS light.lobster-man44

If they do add it back on, I won't be as worried about my DS lite kicking the bucket. I play GH and GBA games a lot on my DS x)

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

only one thing has me worried about this and that is the music play

1. AAC files instead of mp3 why?

2. Will I have enough room for my music and my downloaded games and such

3. Kinda goe s with #2 they better use larger than 2gb sd cards because now that I think about it it would be a little rediculous