Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, or Twilight?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZidanneIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ZidanneIX
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

My list would have to go something like this:

1) The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.

2) The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

3) The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

4) The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

5) The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Even though I have listed the order of my favourites above, each game impacted me in a different way.

Ocarina Of Time changed the way I looked at Zelda.
It also changed the way I looked at video games in general.
Seeing the game go from the world of 2-D to the world of 3-D was just an amazing.
They improved on every little detail, yet still retaining the same old Zelda we know and love.
The combat was awesome, one of the best that I have ever played in a game.
The graphics were amazing [for it's time] and still is today.
But the main thing that got me was the unique story line.
There was just so much depth to the game, that it got me playing for hours upon end.
This is why Ocarina Of Time remains one of my favourite Zelda titles, and one of my top games.

Now onto Twilight Princess.
This game was phenonmenal.
Though some people may or may not agree with me.
This Zelda title looked like an upgraded version of Ocarina Of Time.
The controls on the Nintendo Wii were inputted very well.
The story was pretty good, not my favourite, but it was good.
The graphics were incredible!
I mean, everything was so detailed, crisp and clean.
It made me want to come back for more each and every time.
Twilight Princess will always be one of my favourite Zelda titles.

Next is The Wind Waker.
Let's just say, this game made me look at Zelda in a whole different way, and that's not a bad thing.
The graphics we're hard to accept and to get used to for a while.
But the more a played the game, the more I appreciated the artistic look of the game.
Even though some may say it looks cartoony, I on the other hand think it looks great.
You can really see Link's facial expressions.
The story was actually really good, for a Zelda title.
The combat was also very good, one of the best that I have played in a long time.
Overall, this game was really good, you should give it a shot.

Alright now Majora's Mask.
What to say about this Zelda game?
It's different, I will give you that.
But it depends on the way that you look at it.
I certainly did not enjoy the whole 3 Days thing.
It was alright, just more difficult I guess.
The story was very good, better than I expected.
The graphics were pretty much on par with Ocarina Of Time.
I did like the way that Link could change how he looked by masks.
That was a unique feature that made me want to keep on playing.
Majora's Mask isn't my favourite Zelda title, but it sure is fun to play.

Last but not least is, Phantom Hourglass.
This game was a direct sequel to The Wind Waker.
Which made the game very easy to understand and follow.
Though I must warn some, if you have not played Wind Waker, you may not understand as much.
That does not mean that you won't enjoy the game.
It has a pretty decent story line to it, and some funny jokes here and there.
The game was hard to follow at some points, but eventually I got the hang of it.
The touch screen was an excellent feature to add to the game.
It used the Nintendo DS' touch screen in all ways possible.
The graphics were good, especially for the Nintendo DS.
But overall, I would have to say this is my least favourite Zelda title.
Don't let that stop you from playing it, because it is still very good.

fenrir_cam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 fenrir_cam
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

1. Twilight Princess

2. WindWaker

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Phantom Hourglass

5. Majora's Mask

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

Wind Waker was the most compelling to me. It had great scenes and it was just fun.

Oh and it was incredibly dark for how the srt style was.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
OOT revolutionized the zelda series with its 3d graphics and great storyline and playing the ocarina was just plain fun so its my favorite. Next would be WW because it was completely unique with its cel shaded graphics and the whole sailing thing which I actually found fun to do and its references to OOT just gave me an indescribable feeling. Now TP had the best story of all the zeldas but i found the game to be extremely boring mainly because it really didn't offer anything new to the series and the graphics could have been so much better if the game was made just for the wii. i have never played majoras mask but plan to as soon as it comes out on the VC and PH is a good sequel but i cant compare to the others
jimbo-b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#105 jimbo-b
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts
I loved Windwaker the best by far! In fact, I never had enough interest in the other Zelda's to even go through them. I tried Twilight Princess and got bored of it really fast; the world didn't have the character the ocean in Windwaker did. As for Ocarina of Time, I liked it, but not enough to actually want to beat it.
lunar_aeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lunar_aeon
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
Ocarina of Time was just flat-out amazing. And it still is today
sniper_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 sniper_99
Member since 2004 • 2820 Posts

OOT hands down, it was perfect in every way

Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts

A Link to the Past (SNES) is in my opinion the best Zelda game ever.

Out of those 5 though I'd give it to OOT.

Mack2D2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#110 Mack2D2
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

hi im sorry but did this really need to be asked? Orcarina of time for sure, 1 it was the foundation of all 3d zelda games and of course it was the first step in bringing zelda to be a great game, and also i remeber that 1 or 2 years ago tehre was a "Best and Worst Video games Ever" and what do you know, ORCARINA OF TIME WAS #1, sure tp has better graphics but its next gen system, its all about the classics just like Final fantasy 7 for the ps one, everyone loved it and believed it was the best because it was the best out of the series because it was the first 3d one and the foundation of bring all final fantasy games so thats why ORCARINA DUHH!PoweredByHonda

Are you kidding? Did you seriously just say that OoT was the first step in bringing Zelda to be a great game??? You need to go back and play SNES's Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past ... that was definitely the biggest step forward for the franchise, going 3D was a no brainer... it was practically a necessity to keep some Nintendo franchises alive, it was what people were coming to expect and another 2d game wouldn't have made any #1 rankings in magazines. OoT is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it was far from the "first step in bringing zelda to be a great game".

Edit: (do to some restrictions for safety, all my typings of "c l a s s i c" have been censored by the forums, so when you see those *****'s, you know what it is now.)
I also just noticed that you called Final Fantasy 7 a ****c... now, maybe it's my age (25) coming into play here... it seems a bit old for the average gamer in these forums, but a ****c Final Fantasy to me is Final Fantasy 3 (least it was FFIII in the US, forget which one is was in Japan)... now THAT is a ****c. Again, FF7 was awesome, but if I think about the ****c FFs I don't think of sequels so late as 7. That's like saying Star Wars Episode III is a ****c... it's not even part of the original 3, it's #6 in the line of movies (release date wise).

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#111 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game ever made.

The fact you have left that title off of your poll is very dissapointing, especially since the Zelda franchise would be years behind if not for that game.

As for the games you've listed, Ocarina of Time is the best. Every Zelda game is great, but comparing them amongst themselves can be tough...

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
1) Wind Waker

2) Twilight Princess

3) Ocarina of Time

4) Majora's Mask

5) Phantom Hourglass
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 grahamx
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts

Definatrely Majora's Mask. It had such a neat story, it improved on everything ocarina of time fell short, and the 3 days idea was innovative, and added some good difficult, and the rad idea of time based quests.

Ocarina of time is the second best, then Wind Waker, then Link To the Past, then the GB ones, then the First and Second (Which are great, but I enjoyed the others a bit more)

I didn't like TP though... It had an ugly art style to it, the World Map was too big, as it simply made things inconveniant getting to esspesially when paths were blocked off, and just connected through little paths) and it was too linear, as it forced you to do things (particulary at the beginning) which got tedious and annoying, anbd the wolf part felt tacked on... It was a great game... but not as good as the other zeldas.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
I thought Twilight's art style was beautiful...
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 grahamx
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts

Final Fantasy III (VI) destroyed the others in every possibal way (Except Maybe II (IV)) VII was also a great game, but way overrated by dumbass FF n00bs. The others were also awesome, but never lived up to the greatness which were IV, and VI

It's a real shame people seem to forget A Link To The Past, it was such a good game...

PyritePedestal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PyritePedestal
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

I'm probably gonna go over the top with this, but I just got the new Cat Power, and I need to do something while I listen to it. so here it goes.

5) Phantom Hourglass - probably most fluent controls for a Zelda - EVERR - but this game was wayyy TOO SHORT. i mean like 5 hours? c'mon, and the boss battles were some ballz man, i beat em in like 45 seconds each. but whatev. Its still a great game, but the consoles always "pwn" the handhelds.

4) Windwaker - sweet game, man, classic zelda approach, right? WRONG what the heck is wrong with links eyes? they arent even ON his face they are so big. and finding those freaking shards of the triforce, RIDICULOUSLY STOOPID.(i spelled stupid wrong on purpose.) but i guess it was kinda fun right? eh it had parts....

3) Twilight Princess - memorable moments, but the controls were some ballz. (sometimes) i mean, fishing? but it was still a pretty good game. i guess. yeah, yeah it was. maybe.

2) Orcarina of Time - ZOMG U PUT DIS GAME IN 2ND PLACE JUS HOW CULD U DO DAT?!!? its good, just a tad overrated, i had some fun times. with it though, i remember the day this game came out haha.

1) Majora's Mask - definetly most innovative the whole mask idea was just sweet. and looking back, its just different. every zelda now is EXACTLY THE SAME STORY. which why i like majora's. Nintendo should do different things with the series, i mean even if they eff it up by trying something new it will still sell like bawlz. they should remake this game for wii with TP controls, i mean TP is almost orcarina of time anyway. so yeah.

PyritePedestal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PyritePedestal
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
woah and sorry. i just realized i mispelled ocarina ha.
AppleFreak10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 AppleFreak10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'd have to say:

Twilight Princess

Wind Waker

Ocarina