Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, or Twilight?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
I'm sorry but i dont see how this is even a vote, ocarina of time is by far the best zelda game of all time. Revolutionary, epic and compelling. nothing can compare.bluntmastaslaya
Ocarina of time was a bit before the time that I actually understood and really liked games so for me it is Twilight Princess then Ocarina of Time. Maybe if I was born a couple years earlier it might just be OoT.
NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
My list is: 1. Twilight Princess 2. Ocarina of Time 3. The Windwaker 4. Majora's Mask All of them are great games and that is why Zelda games are my favorite. *Never played Phantom Hourglass
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

1. ocarina of time

2. The Wind Waker

3. Twilight Princess

4. Phantom Hour Glass

5. Majoras Mask.......(ugh)

Supersegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Supersegs
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts
OoT all the way, it's perfect ans it stands out when it first came out and now, i mean, i play 6 hours straith of TP get trought the best part of the game, i'm convinced that finally theres a zelda better thatn OoT, i play OoT for 6 minuets, and i think, Hell, Ocarina still better. And WW, well i love it, all of it, and i love sailing and going trougth the whole map island by island, of course that a lot of time playing, but still so. Oot WW MM, TP, PH
shadowlink797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 shadowlink797
Member since 2004 • 2113 Posts
Personally my favourite 3D Zelda game is Majora's Mask. Second would be Wind Waker which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would. Twilight Princess is in third, followed by Phantom Hourglass (this game would have been higher up if it wasn't for the Temple of the Ocean King and how it forced players to keep coming back). Finally Ocarina would be last. I loved the game but it is outdated now. It essentially was replaced by TP which was kinda like a newer verion of OoT. However none of this changes the fact that A Link to the Past is still the best Zelda title.
mcguirk04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mcguirk04
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i would have to say majora's mask. There is so much stuff to do in that game. I still dont have a save with everthing done in it. I have one with all the heart peices and one with all the masks but i never did both in one save. I also felt that it improved on what was awesome about ocarina, it looked, sounded, and played better. Its hard to rank the rest but Wind Waker is definitely up there. There wasnt as much side quest stuff as i would have liked but i still loved it because it was so different. Im sorry but ive just played ocarina way to much to say its my favorite. The Master Quest was great because it added new life to the game. But if we included the non 3d ones, Minish Cap would be high up on the list.
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
1. Ocarina of Time, because it was my first Zelda and is still probably the best game I've ever played.

2. Twilight Princess, because I feel like it is the best Zelda that has been made.. even better than OoT, but still OoT trumps it because of nostalgic reasons.

3. Wind Waker, because it was a gem on the GC and I think it depicts the Zelda world better than any of the others. I think the cell shaded graphics really work for the Zelda universe.

4. Majora's Mask, I loved this game, and was the first Zelda I beat 100% but I dunno I just seem to like the other ones a little bit more.

5. Phantom Hourglass, I haven't bought it yet, but I don't expect that I'd move it up even after I beat it.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

Ocarina of Time - Completely epic.

Majora's Mask - Not as good as the above, but a lot of extra missions that I just LOVED (Fierce Diety, anyone?)

Wind Waker - Wonderful art style, a bit easy, and boring near the end, but I had a lot of fun with this game. Also, the way Hyrule is depicted is truely awesome.

Twilight Princess - Didn't live up to hype, was dull for the most part.

Phantom Hourglass - The controls were fantastic, but the dungeons were repetitive.

Mercenary343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mercenary343
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

Out of those games, Ocarina of Time (although I haven't gotten around to playing my copy of Twilight Princess, and I haven't touched PH or WW).

But I think Link to the Past is the best Zelda game to date, OoT follows closely though.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#60 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Ocarina of Time hands down. Though I haven't played Phantom Hourglass, but I doubt its better than Oot.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#61 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
1. OOT
2. WW
3. TP
4. PH

I didn't like Majora's Mask.
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts

1. Ocarina Of Time (10)

2. Wind Waker (9.6)

3. Majora's Mask (9.4)

4. Twilight Princess (9)

5. Phantom Hourglass (8.3)

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I'd say Ocarina of Time with Majora's Mask being in second. I haven't finished TP and probably won't for a while because I'm in the middle of Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Phantom Hourglass, a half dozen PS3 games, a couple of PS2 games, etc etc. Phantom Hourglass looks like it'll beat out Wind Waker though because it looks like the sailing is improved.
-Sole-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 -Sole-
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Twilight Princess

3. Wind Waker

4. Majora's Mask

5. Phantom Hourglass (only because I haven't played it)

Now, if Nintendo would make Ocarina of Time for the Wii with Twilight Princess graphics, we would have a better Zelda. Of course Nintendo would also need to put in better physics and mechanics, along with better sounds and cinematics, but if Ocarina of Time was totally revamped, that to me would be the best Zelda to date.

Mack2D2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Mack2D2
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
Voted Ocarina of Time, even though I was stuck for a long frickin time in the water part... stuck so long that I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes hearing that dang music. Anyone else get the forest melody popping into their head randomly too? or the suns song? I haven't played Phantom Hourglass, and actually just bought an old copy of Wind Waker which I'm currently playing through... so far I'm enjoying it, trying not to forget where I'm at while I rock Brawl. Never got to try Majora's Mask either... honestly though A Link To The Past on SNES was the best Zelda so far in my opinion.
-Sole-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 -Sole-
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

Voted Ocarina of Time, even though I was stuck for a long frickin time in the water part... stuck so long that I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes hearing that dang music. Anyone else get the forest melody popping into their head randomly too? or the suns song? I haven't played Phantom Hourglass, and actually just bought an old copy of Wind Waker which I'm currently playing through... so far I'm enjoying it, trying not to forget where I'm at while I rock Brawl. Never got to try Majora's Mask either... honestly though A Link To The Past on SNES was the best Zelda so far in my opinion.Mack2D2

OMG! That Water Temple was the only one I spent running around frustrated looking for a key. They put it at the bottom of the tower in the middle of the temple. I'll never forget it.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

There are 2 types of action/adventure games. Games that ARE OoT, and games that aren't.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
It's a toss up between WW, TP, and OoT for me.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#69 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
In my opinion majoras mask was terrible.Just my opinion.
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are, in my opinion, the best Zelda games out there. Both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are great games, but they're so Zelda-ish. It's like you can guess what's going to happen next or which temple lies ahead. Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are also very unique -- MM with it's time and WW with it's ocean, I just love them. =)OniStrat

I agree, this is why those two are my favorites as well. I also really like the art design in WW.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
ive never played majoras mask...how does it compare with OoT?
Danicol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Danicol
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
Ocarina and TP ..!
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

ive never played majoras mask...how does it compare with OoT?BeanTownBrown86

they are very different games. MM deals with time (as in you have 3 days to save the world, but everyone in the world has a set time schedule and it starts over when you go back to the first day) whereas OoT doesnt. Its hard to compare them really. But MM has been criticized for straying away form the zelda formula whereas its praise coes from the same place

Tepruvian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Tepruvian
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

this is a tought one for me as i have really enjoyed every Zelda game i've played

never got to pick up WW but as far as the others go its close VERY close

i guess it would have to be OOT since it's the first Zelda game i picked up and was amazing start to finish as was MM and TP so i guess

OOT wins just because of the fond memories attached to it

and for those of you on the fence about TP or MM i enjoyed them both just as much TP's finall fight with Ganondorf was remarkably fun i guess owning TP on the Wii made it that way

and with MM i enjoyed all the mask collecting it provided a nice challange that was far more enjoyable than teidous in my opinion

so now ill probably put down my SSBB (no ones online =/), dust off my N64 and start OOT over and maybe even MM afterwards

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

I couldn't fit Twilight Princess in.

So, out of these five Zelda games, (The 3D ones.) which one is your favorite? Mine goes like this:

1. Twilight Princess (9.9)

2. Majora's Mask (9.6)

3. Ocarina of Time (9.4)

4. The Wind Waker (9.3)

5. Phantom Hourglass (9.2)

The two Cel-shaded Zelda games could've been so much better if they took away the tedious sailing aspect. Overall, all five of these titles are AAA to me, and I love each and every one of them.

DeathScape666

I have been educated to respect other people opinions but wtf are u joking how can a game almost 100% copied from another be better than the original, TP is a joke it hasn't made any changes on the formula but the transformation to a wolf and let's face it the worst part of the game was that, and link lacks any kind of emotions he is a robot the only thing he does is opening his eyes in surprice coping what he did on OoT

when the crowd start to get bored they do a few minor changes to make them happy and then when the realise the changes suck the go back to the original formula and the people are happy again

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

My list:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Wind Waker
3. Twilight Princess
4. Majora's Mask
5. Phantom Hourglass

Death_Masta187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Death_Masta187
Member since 2002 • 2940 Posts
sorry but I still fancy LOZ: Link to the past(SNES) the best...
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
My vote goes to wind waker. because that game brought something different to the table. and made it amazing.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
Ocarina of Time, followed closely by Twilight Princess. My 2nd and 3rd favorite games ever. I think Phantom Hourglass is over-rated as well. It's really good, but the Temple of the Ocean King is so frustratingly tedious that I haven't been able to bring myself to finish the game.
damienlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 damienlow
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
Ocarina, Twilight, Wind Waker and then Majora's Mask. I haven't played Phantom.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

i love all the zelda games, but TP is definetly the best

1. Twilight princess

2.Phantom Hourglass

3. Wind waker

4. Ocarina of time

5.Majoras mask

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
sorry but I still fancy LOZ: Link to the past(SNES) the best...Death_Masta187
The TC did point out 'of the 3D ones'... but yeah, without that little requirement there mine would be LttP too.
Avatar image for TheSuffering912
TheSuffering912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TheSuffering912
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

1) Twilight Princess

2) Ocarina Of Time

3) Majora's Mask

4) Wind Waker(never played)

5) Phantom Hourglass(never played)

Avatar image for scourgealicious
scourgealicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 scourgealicious
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

ehh its not bad but my order would go something like this...

1) TP

2) OOT

3) WW

4) Majora's Mask

5) Phantom Hourglass

D-ice3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 D-ice3000
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
I think either wind waker or majoras mask were the best. OOT was great dont get me wrong, but it had the most bland/cliche story of all of them and was probably overall the least creative...
meteorgun7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86 meteorgun7
Member since 2003 • 25135 Posts
i would go with Twilight Princess with a good story and it is fun. Second is Ocarina of Time because of the music and beautiful story!
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I couldn't fit Twilight Princess in.

So, out of these five Zelda games, (The 3D ones.) which one is your favorite? Mine goes like this:

1. Twilight Princess (9.9)

2. Majora's Mask (9.6)

3. Ocarina of Time (9.4)

4. The Wind Waker (9.3)

5. Phantom Hourglass (9.2)

The two Cel-shaded Zelda games could've been so much better if they took away the tedious sailing aspect. Overall, all five of these titles are AAA to me, and I love each and every one of them.

DeathScape666

My order

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Majora's Mask

3.Wind Waker

4. Phantom Hourglass

5. Link to the past

I would put TP in 6th since it does nothing new compared to the other 5 which have had MAJOR game-play changes done to them rather than just graphics. Also TP has the worst Zelda music I have ever heard in a Zelda game. I mean could anyone tell the difference between the wolf songs or even rm the music form the game? The story was also the most predictable. Characters felt like sign posts, none of the characters really stood out either or felt alive. Only improvement seen was graphics and horse combat other than that it's a clone of OOT with easier game-play and boring dungeons. Majora's Mask makes TP look like two steps backwords in the Zelda franchise. Majora's Mask has 4 playable versions of Link(not including the unique powers of the other masks). The unique game-play of controlling time and every npc having their own schedule which made each of them unique.

This is also why TP is the lowest rated Zelda game because it lacks the uniqueness and quality the others had.

Ardain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ardain
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
Ocarina of Time is my favorite so far and the others are Awesome. Twilight Princess comes in second from the others. but, in my opinion Majora's Mask was a love hate relationship to me though.
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
phantom hourglass was in my opinion the best. Everyone else says its too easy, too short, too this, too that, but i thought it was perfect and really loved it.
Avatar image for xCHILDExROLANDx
xCHILDExROLANDx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 xCHILDExROLANDx
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

1. Ocarina of Time ( great music, gameplay, story)

2. A Link to the Past ( first Zelda game played)

3. Majora's Mask ( Best sidequests in a Zelda game)

4. Wind Waker ( Refreshing new look to Zelda series, graphics were great cell shaded)

5. TP ( Too much sucking up to Ocarina, trying to please everyone, no secrets except heart pieces, bad music, still a great game though.)

6. PH (Fun for a handheld, WW clone)

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PoweredByHonda
Member since 2007 • 2972 Posts
hi im sorry but did this really need to be asked? Orcarina of time for sure, 1 it was the foundation of all 3d zelda games and of course it was the first step in bringing zelda to be a great game, and also i remeber that 1 or 2 years ago tehre was a "Best and Worst Video games Ever" and what do you know, ORCARINA OF TIME WAS #1, sure tp has better graphics but its next gen system, its all about the classics just like Final fantasy 7 for the ps one, everyone loved it and believed it was the best because it was the best out of the series because it was the first 3d one and the foundation of bring all final fantasy games so thats why ORCARINA DUHH!
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PoweredByHonda
hi im sorry but did this really need to be asked? Orcarina of time for sure, 1 it was the foundation of all 3d zelda games and of course it was the first step in bringing zelda to be a great game, and also i remeber that 1 or 2 years ago tehre was a "Best and Worst Video games Ever" and what do you know, ORCARINA OF TIME WAS #1, sure tp has better graphics but its next gen system, its all about the classics just like Final fantasy 7 for the ps one, everyone loved it and believed it was the best because it was the best out of the series because it was the first 3d one and the foundation of bring all final fantasy games so thats why ORCARINA DUHH!
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 PoweredByHonda
I think either wind waker or majoras mask were the best. OOT was great dont get me wrong, but it had the most bland/cliche story of all of them and was probably overall the least creative...D-ice3000
lol bland/cliche hahahahah that relaly made me laugh, so what made the other unique? Characters? If thats all then wow...just wow -___-
Avatar image for deactivated-582d495c81bdf
deactivated-582d495c81bdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#94 deactivated-582d495c81bdf
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
TP because it was so fun and interesting. Of course I acutally read the dialouge and not button mashed the A button.
D-ice3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 D-ice3000
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

[QUOTE="D-ice3000"]I think either wind waker or majoras mask were the best. OOT was great dont get me wrong, but it had the most bland/cliche story of all of them and was probably overall the least creative...PoweredByHonda
lol bland/cliche hahahahah that relaly made me laugh, so what made the other unique? Characters? If thats all then wow...just wow -___-

im glad i could relaly make you laugh!!

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

phantom hourglass definatley is the most fun to play. (amazing controls)

but ocarina was just.... amazing.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#97 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts
  1. Twilight Princess
  2. Wind Waker
  3. Ocarina of time
  4. Phantom Hourglass

Twilight Princess was my first Zelda and it absolutely blew me away. Incredible game and my second favourite game of all time next to GTA San Andreas. I downloaded Ocarina of Time after I completed TP and it was very disappointing. Its by no means a bad game but going from Twilight Princess to Ocarina of Time made it seem alot worse than it actually is. Plus it being hailed by many as the greatest game of all time made me have high expectations. Its an outstanding game but quite a bit overrated imo. The next Zelda I played was Phantom Hourglass and I loved it. Yes its the worst Zelda game I've played, but at the same time its the most flawless. Its a top down handheld game so its obviously not going to be as good as full 3D adventure games. I only recently finished Wind Waker and I loved it. Much more fun than Ocarina of time but it was lacking in difficulty and lacked quite a few things oot had. It was hard to choose which I preferred out of oot and ww. Since I dont ever really remember being bored with ww unlike oot I put that above it.

finalflame_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#98 finalflame_04
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts

1) OOT - because its legendary and truly revolutionary

2) MM - so much fun with the masks

3) TP - it was basically ocarina of time with a new haircut

4) WW - to tedious but fun as hell

5) PH - dont have a ds lol

shadowslaya46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 shadowslaya46
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

I think tp or ph is the best tp was actually fun, I played tp before oot and I honestly say that although it was revoulutionary for people who have been playing since the first legend of zelda my first zelda game was wind waker so when I played oot it felt down graded. ph was not as good if it was on a consule but as a handheld it was amazing.

1. tp (oot meets awsome controls and good gameplay) 9.8

2.ph(great for a handheld) 9.6

3.oot 9.6

4.ww 9.0

-Zills-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100 -Zills-
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

TP is thye one I enjoyed the most. Probably because I was older and quite a bit better then when I played OoT